Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Add a heading (6).gif─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Hello Karakura. Jin Kuroki Here.
Today’s report is an interview with a Shinto Priestess, who was attacked in the dead of night. She explains her story of the night, and how the events unfolded.

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

[!] - An audio recording would be attached, along with a transcript at the bottom - [!]

Jin Kuroki | “Good evening. My name is Jin Kuroki. I am with Karakura News. To start, may you please tell us about yourself? Name, age, occupation, and if you want, your origins?”

Erina Hozumi | “My name is Erina Seon-u Hozumi. I am a 30-year-old priestess at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, Karakura. I am from a small village off to the side of Tokyo. I chose to become a priestess here because of my family’s origins. From a young age, they brought me up with the beautiful religion we call Shinto.”

Kuroki | “So, Miss Hozumi, may you please tell us what happened?”

Hozumi | “A few nights ago, I was walking back to the monastery after a night off duty. While I was walking back, I reached the forest, where I was suddenly struck from behind with a blunt object. I grunted in pain as I managed to turn around. I am not a violent person, so I didn’t fight back. I just tried to get out of their grasp and run away. That's when I was struck again and then I woke up what felt like seconds later... But it was apparently hours later.. I woke up to see nothing but red in my left eye and my sleeve was rolled up to reveal a carving in my skin. It read out ‘witness’ along with a cross next to it. I did not realize it yet until I was in the hospital, but I was also stabbed in the stomach..”

Kuroki | There was a long pause before he spoke again “Was there anything that led up to this situation? They had to have a motive to seek you out and attack you..”

Hozumi | “Well, after speaking to close friends and my children, it was brought to my attention that the witness carving could have been a sign of what I saw a week prior. I was walking down the shrine because of my youngest child, Suzume. She wanted to show me a new place she had found, so of course, me being the supportive mother I am, I followed her. To my surprise, I saw a man laying on the ground with four people surrounding him with masks. There was one that was unmasked, which was sadly my daughter, Lili Hozumi. I saw them cut off the man's toe, and later that same man was reported dead. My child thinks the witness is because of that since I did call the police… However, I never got a response..”

Kuroki | “I see… And your daughter was involved in the situation? Was she arrested for being involved?”

Hozumi | “I have no idea, she hasn't spoken to me since the incident, nor have I seen or heard about her, so possibly? But even if she isn't, the next time I see her, as much as this pains me to say as her mother. I am dragging her to that police station. Even if she wasn't involved, she still saw it happen and was there way longer than I was.”

Kuroki | “That is a very tough decision, but a necessary one. And when you woke up, did you have to take yourself to the hospital?”

Hozumi | “When I woke up, luckily I didn’t have to walk far. I managed to just about pull myself up. I woke up just at the entrance to the forest from the shopping district, and I only had to walk through the tunnel before I was found by a young boy. I will not say this boy's name, just in case he would like to stay anonymous, but he went by Yoshi. He took me to the hospital, where there was luckily KPD there. Officer Kakashi and Detective Isoroku treated me as quickly as they could. I am forever grateful for what they did for me, both the officers and Yoshi.”

Kuroki | “It's wonderful that someone was there to save you, as well as the officers who treated you. Did you file a report on the people who attacked you and the other person the week before?”

Hozumi | “I tried, but as I said earlier, KPD didn’t answer and they didn’t come to the desk. However, I tasked my daughters to file a report, so I’m hoping they did.”

Kuroki | “Did you get the proper treatment from EMS as well?”

Hozumi | “I did! However, it would not have been possible without the KPD and Yoshi.”

Kuroki | “I’m glad to hear that. Is there anything else you wish to add before we conclude the interview?”

Hozumi | “I want to say to the people of Karakura, if you see Lili Hozumi, please hand her to the KPD as soon as possible. I would also like to say, Yoshi, Officer Kakashi, detective Edgeworth, and finally the one surgeon who treated me, which I sadly didn’t catch the name of. I am forever grateful to you all.”

Kuroki | “It was a pleasure interviewing you, Miss Hozumi. Have a good night, and I wish you a speedy recovery.”

Hozumi | “Thank you, sir. Have a blessed night as well.”

[!] - The recording then ended - [!]

TLDR
The priestess Erina Seon-u Hozumi was attacked one night by masked individuals. These individuals are believed to have been involved in the attack of another person a week prior, to which Miss Hozumi was caught calling the police. She was carved with the word ‘Witness’. The interview concludes with her stating that if anyone sees Lili Hozumi, the only identifiable person from the group, to turn her over to the KPD.

Thank you for listening in for this interview. Stay tuned for more news!
Until Next Time
Jin Kuroki

Any topics you would like to see reported? Contact the reporter hotline today!
020-980-4487

Users who are viewing this thread