mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KARAKURA NEWS | The End of 2022; The New Year's Festival!

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

Jim Kaede Yasushi - January 1, 2022. - -0.7 C | 30.7 F

It is a new year in Karakura and there is no better celebration at the end of the year to celebrate than the New Year's Festival hosted at the Monastery! Between flying lanterns to wishes, to fortunes and fireworks, and to food and family, the New Years festival is one of the most notable events Karakura experiences all year. It's also been counted as one of the most populated events that take place all year, as people of religion, non religion, family, students and adults alike all show up to take part in the event.

As stated before, the festival takes place at the Shinsei Seinaru monastery right next to the Eien Springs, or commonly known as ‘The Shrine’. Upon arriving at the event we see the main path called the steps of Ein, leading up the base of Mount-Kohaku was completely cleared of snow for everyone to have safe travels up the mountain. Upon emerging from the tunnel, visitors were greeted with a beautiful display while walking across the shrine bridge.

Several maidens were present of course at the event, they helped ensure everyone's experience was upheld nicely along with allowing people to make some final wishes, check out items at the gift shop and even handed out tea and food for those around.

One of the most notable traits of this festival every year is the spectacular decorations that are set up by those working at the shrine. Between flying fish, large floating lanterns, hanging lanterns, banners and lights .. and so on, The NeYears Festival truly is a chance to show off the location's Beauty and history!
Its arguable that the decorations aren't truly seen in all their glory til’ night fall, as the lights can be seen from miles away. It truly does become a totally different experience once the sun goes down as only then is the actual amount of lanterns are truly seen and appreciated.
Below, I will be showing several photos of the main decorations visitors saw.

There is no doubt that the second most popular attraction at the festival besides fireworks and decor was the mysterious fortune teller that visited the shrine and held fortune telling during the event. Between becoming the villain or becoming a god, both bad and good fortunes were surely exchanged this year. The line for the attraction was also notably quite long for majority of the event as well.

The process of the fortune tellings was simple:

-go in and take a seat

-be welcomed and ask what youd like to know
-Most asked or requested to know 1-3 things ..

-she’d speak in an unknown language over her crystal ball and simply state your story.

The Midnight fireworks were truly a work of art. Most notably coming in shapes of stars and circles, the fireworks seemed to mainly only come in shades of white, yellow, green, pink, purple and sometimes blue. There isnt too much to say about this, so I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Worth noting, I did a survey asking citizens what their top Four most notable people were at the festive, surely to no surprise, the following were the result.

-1. Deputy mayor A. Sturm
-2. Kaonashi mascot from spirited away anime
-3. …Reporter Jim Yasushi

-4. Crazy Fish mascot

A year-round part of the Shrine is right near its entrance, in this building you'll always see wishes of karakura citizens along with an area to purchase some merchandise. Below, I will list all the final 2022 wishes and statements left here. Note that these are all personal to someone, and even if it seems silly or possibly dark, the individual felt it was important enough to place.

[!] I hope he lays off the drinks
[!] I want my lovelife to be fixed
[!] I love my family, my boyfriend and my friends.
[!] We wish you all a lovely New Year - Shrine Team
[!] I hope she sleeps well next year
[!] Family is love - Vice Family <3
[!] I wish to find love in the next year
[!] The bird boutique will get your birds
[!] I hope the new year to be a new path for me
[!] I want to marry her - Iowa
[!] I wish for our love to be everlasting
[!] I wish for the people I love health and happy
[!] Please come back
[!] Fly high partner
[!] Fine balance and peace for next year
[!] I wish to have extreme fortune
[!] I wish to sleep more
[!] My love and true love, A.S
[!] Our love will continue to flourish
[!] A hope to own a raccoon some day.
[!] To a year of peace, H.T.

1672602672914.png
On our official Onrain account, we asked you guys to submit photos for us to use! Below is the list of credits
-@ Bubblegum1672602613655.png
-@ Maiimi
-@ AlecN

The Karakura News Station wishes everyone a very happy and bright new year! Grand thanks to the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery staff for yet another wonderful festival. This is Jim Yasushi Reporting with Karakura news, signing out.

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on OnRain @KaNews!

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
Love this so much!! I had so much fun working around the shrines and helping people thank you all for such an amazing event

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
As stated before, the festival takes place at the Shinsei Seinaru monastery right next to the Eien Springs, or commonly known as ‘The Shrine’. Upon arriving at the event we see the main path called the steps of Ein, leading up the base of Mount-Kohaku was completely cleared of snow for everyone to have safe travels up the mountain.
THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS!!!!

fun fact. the steps of eien lore block as written FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT

iSnqw

Level 4
SnowLobo
SnowLobo
Omega+
I need to know who took those screenshots and which texturepack/shaders have been used cuz those fireworks look amazing

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable
I need to know who took those screenshots and which texturepack/shaders have been used cuz those fireworks look amazing
I took most of the screenshots! My texture pack is named the sunflawer lightshaft updated!

Users who are viewing this thread