(7PM - 1AM)
6 Hours​
(7PM - 2:30AM)
7.5 Hours​
(11AM - 3AM)
17 Hours​
(11AM - 12PM)
13 Hours​

Overall I spend at least 3 - 6 hours on the server every day, however, it is more than that due to the nature of my IRL job giving me free time.
(I just realized how much I play, and wow, I'm living here HA, I will reduce this to my at-least time)

I also have the following characters I play -
  • Andy A. Arya (Professor AP)- Play her the most regularly.
  • Erza Delarosa Scarlet (12th Grade) - Oldest Character
  • Blaze Yamashita (12th Grade) - I played them 10% of the time, even lesser (Dead)
  • Dragon Bones (12th Grade) - My first character, died a long time back (Dead)
  • Maggie (Bear) - I do not play her at all (Sometimes a month but that's it)
  • Kitty Yokuna/Kitty Davenport (Cat) - I don't play her at all anymore
  • Anatasia Malet (12th Grade) - New character, still building her up.

What is your motivation for applying?:

There are Majorly 4 Reasons on Why I want to apply for the Police Faction -
  • Fit's in with my character Lore. - Katrina loves animals and wants to protect people. She may not be able to voice out her opinions but she does want to be very effective. I would like to RP catching criminals over being bullied or stabbed by them (hehe).
  • Timezone for cops on duty - The current timezone I exist in does not see much of the police faction online. I want to make the RP available for me, as well as the community.
  • Diversity - I currently play my professor character, and I would love to branch out and try newer roles, including one at KPD. This would be an amazing opportunity to do the same as KPD offers a very different kind of roleplay experience.
  • New permissions give a more realistic sense of justice - I have been in SRP for a bit, and I feel like roleplaying with the newer perms will give me a chance to get more creative with my responses since everything is so much more realistic now.
I am looking forward to exciting roleplay scenarios with my character Katrina, she is very interesting due to her inability to talk leading her into dark places at times. I applied earlier as Erza, but her lore took her somewhere else, KPD is where Kat is slowly aligning towards with her experiences in this town. (WE ALL LOVE LORE)

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

Currently, I understand that the police is responsible for a large amount of things, a few of them are -
  • Catching gangs and criminals - KPD needs to keep the streets of Karkura safe, and catching notorious gangs and rowdy criminals who break the law is a part of it.
  • Taking police reports,- The civilians and citizens need to have a place where they can go report a crime that has taken place. The police work includes detailed reports so that they can arrest or fine the citizen if needed.
  • Assisting any civilian in need of help. - It is the responsibility of KPD to keep the peace of the city while maintaining a healthy public image.
  • Monitoring the city using CCTV - Required to gather any evidence of a crime or to finally capture gang activity.
  • Raiding houses - Part of incriminating and finding any dangerous weapon stashed.
  • Ensuring law and order are maintained in appropriate areas - Keeping public areas safe is the number one priority, and gives the citizens a sense of safety.
  • Investigating murders - In case of any suspicious deaths, KPD needs to look into it to give peace to the family member, and justice to the deceased.

The police also use the following equipment to carry out various criminal justice situations -

• Handcuffs - For restraining Criminals
  • Police Baton - Can knock out with two hits, and can have a two-block range.
  • Breath ****yzer - Available to KPD and EMS to check the alcohol levels of a person
  • Stun Blaster - A long-range (8-block) tool that stuns the person
  • Radio - Used for communication
  • Tranquilizer - Makes target unconscious over long range (30 blocks)
  • Pepperspray - Accesible to ems as well as KPD. temporarily blinds a target unless wearing a gas mask
  • Riot Shield - For protection and ultimate defense
  • Gas Mask - To protect against gas attacks or pepper spray
  • Body Camera - Recording everything an officer does on duty
  • Luminol Spray - To check for blood traces on weapons or masks
  • Disposable Latex gloves - To not contaminate a crime scene
  • Fingerprint scanner - To identify any traces
  • First Aid Kit - For emergency medical help
  • Crowbar - To open locked rooms

While these are limited examples, I am excited to see what scope of roleplay I have once I am inducted into the role, as I am sure there is a lot more to it than just catching bad guys. I am looking forward to bettering KPD's image in front of the Citizens.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?

From an OOC perspective police are important to Karakura and SchoolRP for the following reasons -
  • Sense of safety - Karakura is a town with a diverse set of people, which leads to diverse activities. The Police maintain a sense of safety within the community for its citizens.
  • Cops and Criminals - Bringing diversity into roleplay scenarios is also one of the key reasons why having the police is important. A city with crime and no consequences makes for a very dull roleplay situation.
  • School situations - While students are underage, do tend to go overboard if they don't think there would be any extreme circumstances to what they do at school. Having Police makes the students not commit crimes within the confines of school, and ensures they don't blow the school up (Barring the 1st of January incident, but the student was arrested.)
  • Investigations - Having a dedicated well-trained team investigating suspicious scenarios makes for another layer of safety and calm within the city and community.

The police are the backbone of Law and Order within Karkura, and without them, the city would be in utter chaos. The police keep the citizens safe, and the criminals scared of consequences, so the crimes still happen in the shadows and guises of masks.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes

In-Character (IC) Section
What's your character's full name?:

Katrina Douglas Yamashita (Call her Kat please)

How old is your character (if accepted)?:

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
She/her

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Grade 12.

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
Kat knows Russian, Serbian, and JSL.

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique?

Kat stands out as a Russian Female, who is 5'8ft tall. She has dark hair with maroon streaks and the brightest of blue eyes. She is feminine in her choice of clothing, yet the clothes she wears are unique and extremely unconventional. She also whispers in a low tone as she talks since her vocal cords don't work after a traumatic incident. She is quiet but very observant.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Professionally -
Kat is very particular about following rules, she has to be due to the upbringing she has.
  • Towards Citizens - In a professional setting, she may come across as being soft, but strong with her boundaries. She does not communicate well with a lot of folks due to accessibility issues but she cares for people more than anything. She can be rather fun interacting with citizens with a bit of a sharp touch to her.
  • Towards Criminals - She would be sarcastic and stern while dealing with criminals. Her conduct would be professional, but she would be unphased by vile language used towards her, instead, her focus would be on bringing the criminals to justice with some snide remarks once in a while.
  • Towards Colleagues - She would be chatty yet professional drawing boundaries. She would slowly open up with people she would really trust, but to most, she would be known as a quiet person.
  • Towards Superiors - She would be respectful and have strong boundaries with her superiors. She would be good at following instructions and ensuring that the other colleagues of hers also follow rules and the law based on orders given to them.

Casually -
Looks quiet but comes across as very friendly once you get to know her.
  • Towards Strangers - She would initiate conversations, and would be quiet leaving people wondering why she whispers. She doesn't talk about her past, she just likes being friendly to most.
  • Towards Family and Friends - She is very loving towards her friends, frequently giving them hugs and signs of affection. She has a sense of responsibility and protectiveness towards them. Some friends would also call her fun and confident and know she is a good person.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Kat has always had to struggle with the concept of family in her earlier life, but that didn't make her forget the importance of having a team. The reason why Kat struggled as a child was because she couldn't speak out loud, and she hoped as an adult she would finally find a team she would fit into. She knows criminals do better when they are in a gang, sort of like a team, but she knows with coworkers in KPD, she would be an unstoppable force of good to fight those gangs and criminals.

She has been looking for her version of a team and hopes to find it in KPD.

What's your character's backstory?
Katrina was born in Moscow Russia, she remembers being in an orphanage forever.

She was quite a talkative and bright child and had a very close friend in the orphanage, Amber. When she turned 8, she managed to tick off the wrong children in the orphanage who stabbed her in the throat to shut her up. She could never truly speak properly again as the stabbing did mess her vocal cords up.

She was told to keep quiet about it, but she ended up telling her best friend what happened at the hospital. Her best friend made an official complaint to the nuns taking care of the orphanage.
The kids were sent to juvenile prison but not before they managed to fatally injure Amber right in front of Katrina, just as she recovered.
Amber died in Katrina's arms and as she saw her body grow limp she promised herself she would never put anyone else in harm's way again.

As the hardships of life hit her. She learned how to use her quietness as a shield to protect her from the harsh realities of life and the judgemental gazes of the world.

Despite being quiet, she managed to make friends with the characters of books she read when she spent time in the public library. She developed a close bond with the head librarian and she helped her discover her passion for animals and belief in a strong sense of Justice based on all the happy ending books she read. Even though she just observed things happening and barely spoke up, she was looking for a way to escape, and a place to go to where she knew she could make a difference.

Those who did get to know Katrina closely during her education got to know her playful, fun-loving side. She made friends easily, and when she was finally 18 years old, she moved to Karakura to get a change of pace from the cold town of Moscow. While in Karakura, she got stabbed, almost beaten up, and marked by various people, but nothing really unphased her sense of justice and her love for animals.

General knowledge
Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, it is not legal to own a knife in Karakura. If you are found in possession it is 3 months of jail, or 150k Bail.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
The following medical items do not require a prescription -
1. Paracetamol - Its for fever and pain
2. Melatonin - Sleep medication
3. Wooden Cane - used to assist people with mobility issues
4. Eyepatch - (for pirates! /J!) an eye-covering to conceal one of the eyes
5. Cough syrup - Does not require a prescription, used to treat a cold.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
As part of the police, it is our responsibility to ensure that everyone is well treated. Including the inmate, if Katrina saw their co-worker physically abuse an inmate she would first try to understand why this was happening.
  • If the reason was self-defense, then she would just break the fight and immobilize the inmate before radioing for a doctor for assistance in case of any severe injuries. She would then look at the criminal records of the inmate before deciding how to deal with the inmate. Ideally, she would make a report and let the higher authorities decide the consequences of attacking a police officer on duty.
  • If the co-worker was doing this to teach them 'manners', she would radio for assistance and try to stop the fight. She would also ensure to make a report on the co-worker for abusing his power as a law enforcement officer, after getting medical help for the inmate.
What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If a co-worker is being assaulted, Katrina's first instinct would be to stop the assault and try and immobilize the person assaulting them. She would then radio for assistance as she would arrest the assailant for assaulting a police officer as it is against the law. She would then check up on her co-worker if they require medical attention or not, and if they do, she would wait for the backup to arrive, and then take the co-worker to the hospital or call in an ambulance.

Example -

Katrina paused as she noticed her co-worker pinned down on the floor by a masked individual and felt a wave of calm wash over her as she pulled out her stun gun just in case. She slowly approached the criminal and tried to separate them from the co-worker, As she did that, she instructed the criminal to go against the wall. She waited for the assailant to comply while completely alert to charge with her stun gun if required. Her co-worker probably needed medical attention, but it would have to wait, as she needed to subdue the criminal first.
  • In case the criminal comply
    • Kat quickly and calmly walked over to the criminal and would unclip his mask. As she did the same, the first thing she would do is to handcuff him as he had just assaulted the coworker. Kat pulled out her radio and quickly whispered, 'I need back up near the shopping district, and EMS if possible as we have an injured officer.' She would turn the radio off and silently say, 'You are under arrested for obstruction of justice and assaulting a police officer.'
  • In case the criminal does not comply
    • Kat noticed the criminal making a run for it and quickly shot him with her stun gun, immobilizing him. She then quickly walked up to the criminal, flipped them over, and cuffed their hands saying, 'You are under arrest for assaulting a police officer and evading. You will be told more about your arrest in jail.' She'd then look over at her coworker and quickly pull out her radio and say, 'I need an em over here as an officer has been injured, and also some backup to take a criminal to the police station.'

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If a co-worker is corrupt and helping criminal organizations, she would immediately gather all evidence she can and report it to the higher authorities. She knows that while she is duty bound to put a stop to it, trying to stop a criminal organization alone is a death sentence, she would need a team and also extract as much info as they can from the corrupted co-worker to bring down the criminal organization.

Example -

Kat would pause and listen to the information she was given very carefully. She did not want to be impulsive, as this was not a situation for her to be that way, instead, she quickly ensured that her body camera was working while she heard out her informant. She knew it was her co-worker, a person she had trusted and had worked with for a long time, a person who was superior to her. It was not the first time she was betrayed, but she was not a child anymore, she knew how to protect them, and she knew she had to ensure this person would be brought down.

She quickly went through the records and arrest reports the officer had made before, and also anything that stood out of place to her was put into her series of evidence. What surprised Kat was that once she knew he was guilty, it was easy to find evidence incriminating him as most of his arrest reports were completely shady. Kat smirked to herself as she collected the last bit of evidence and knocked at the commissioner's office. She knew she would get justice this time, she had to.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
When a person would try to Bribe Kat to get out of crime she would start laughing hysterically as she would quickly immobilize and handcuff the criminal. She would then arrest the criminal for trying to bribe a police officer i.e. obstruction of justice.
She would then go ahead and report the attempt to higher authorities so that they can be mindful while dealing with the criminal in question. The body cam would help as evidence (keeping in mind they always have one on them)

Example -

She would look at the criminal with his cash stack handing it to her and immediately break out into laughter. It wasn't the warm kind of laughter you would usually find, this one was scary. She then quickly took out her handcuffs and moved forward as she requested the criminal to have his face to the wall. As the criminal complied, she checked her body cam as she quickly handcuffed the person and said, 'You are under arrest for the obstruction of justice.'

As she headed back to the station, she would walk into the detective and commissioner's office and inform them of the criminal who was trying to bribe her. She would also mention any other detail she found during the crime and walk out of the room so that they could do the interrogation without interruption.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team has decided
to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.

Why have I been denied?
We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but we have
made this decision based on the following reason(s)
Thank you for applying, however your application has been denied on the basis of your applications detail

What can I do to increase my chances to be accepted?
The fact that you've been denied this time doesn't mean that you can't be accepted
anymore! If you're interested, below are some pieces of advice that could improve
your chances to be accepted during future application waves.
- Feel free to apply for factions in the meantime to help gauge yourself with faction experience. This will also help put your character into different roleplay scenarios that will flesh out her character more for applications.
- Please use https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-kpd-equipment-information-more.49957/ to better expand your knowledge of what KPD does for your next application.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
Due to the large influx of applications, any DMs concerning your application
will be ignored or referred back to this response. Remember that this decision
is a collective agreement between all the higher-ups in the faction, meaning
that this decision hasn't been taken by one single player.

Users who are viewing this thread