players online

Accepted Kazuhira's Art / Cinematography Teacher Application

k4zuh1r4

Level 2
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: xCypherz_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Kazuhira#5111

How old are you? (Optional): 17

What is your timezone?: GMT +7 (Vietnam)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I am aware of the regulation.

Describe your activity on the server: I would say that I am pretty "addictive" to SRP. I'd spend at least 4-5 hours a day roleplaying on the server. It is truly impressive how SRP addicts players with its' uniqueness.
Do you have any previous bans?: N/A

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/glitched-items-request-repost.36561/#post-114640 [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/rank-request.35787/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/glitched-item-request.36544/ [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/kazuhiras-highschool-council-application.35895/ [DENIED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade-12 / 18 y/o

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
SRP allows you to do any job as you wish, a police officer, shopkeeper, or receptionist, librarian, even a janitor. I have been digging into SRP for a while, and I am seeking some unique experience here in SRP. Besides, there's a new map coming soon, replacing the beloved Karakura city, so I thought I might want to give it a try on the last days playing on this map. I would want to spread my love of Art, specifically Cinematography to people, or in this case, students, through my lectures and classes. I strongly believe that I could deliver my passion for cinematography to the students, as well as learning from them. It is such an original subject that I believe that it would bring joy to the student and actually give them something to do in a unique way.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

The class log is essential to track teachers' activities and make sure that they are strictly following the rules. It will keep track of important information such as the content that the teachers are lecturing about, the summary of the lessons that were taught, and maybe some additional notes of specific classes. The class log also acts as a form of proof, to see that how many classes that the teachers have covered.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I would propose the ideas of the field trip to the Vice-Principal first and let him approve it. After getting the road trip approved I would then proceed to plan the details of the trip carefully. I would also seek recommendations from the teachers and the school council if required. When the plan is complete, I would then host a class, announcing the details of the trip to the students, and have a discussion with the students about the field trip, answering their questions about it. My specialty is Cinematography, so the location of the field trip would probably be at the parks around the front gate of the school, or in the forest. The student would be practicing their photograph-taking skills along with basic cinematic video shots.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1) Respectfully follow the orders from the teacher.
2) Any electronic devices except the school cameras and camera gears should not be used during the class.
3) Respect other students' opinions when they are speaking.
4) Do not talk to each other and concentrate on the lesson when the teacher is speaking, unless the teacher allows students to discuss their work during the lesson.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I do not have enough confidence to say that I am an excellent roleplayer, but I do have enough experience in DetailRPing after playing at SRP for over 3 months. I have read the rules carefully and I would say that I have fully learned how the system works.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of Department, the leader of the teachers of that department, would often be giving instructions to the Newly Qualified Teachers and would be developing the department in general.

- QT: Qualified Teachers - these are the teachers that are already experienced in teaching, capable of running classes flawlessly.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teachers - as the name implies, they are new to the teachers' roster, having their first classes, and still learning to perfect their teaching skills.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game:
They are essential to SRP, as one of the key factors that made SRP an awe-inspiring server that attracts players to the server, or in this case, to motivate students to go to school and learn new things every single day.
Teachers out-of-game: They play vital roles in the lives of the students in their classrooms. They are the role model that has a big responsibility to fundamentally develop basic knowledge and morality and shape the future of their students.
Salary: The basic salary of a teacher in-game would be ¥450,000 for completing 15 classes per month, and would receive more money by hosting 10 more classes. The bonus salary would be ¥50,000, and will only be claimed every two months.
What they do in their spare time? Teachers, in my opinion, would spend their spare time taking care of their own personal life, like Family, friends, relationships, etc., and also taking care of their own needs.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers in SRP are essential since they are the motivation for the students to study. Their roles involve counseling students, mentoring students, teaching students, and help students when they are in challenging circumstances. And as I mentioned above, they are a source of inspiration, that attracts players to log onto the server everyday.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: I am unaware of this question, but I will be figuring it out as soon as I get my teacher application accepted.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
The character I would be playing is Kazuhira Miller Reids. Kazuhira appears to be a half-US-half-Japanese white male that possesses a height of 6,2 feet with a slim athletic build. He'd have dark cyan eyes, partially covered by his medium-length blonde bro-flow hairstyle that sometimes looks quite similar to Kurt Cobain.

He'd have an introverted personality, as he does not judge, or comment on any ideas, decision, personality, or perspective of any individual. Kazuhira has always dreamed of becoming a modern visual artist and a music producer. He turned his own apartment into a small-budget studio. He'd be a hard-worker, studying days and nights to fulfill his dreams. He seems to be a serious person that does not have any interest in developing a sense of humor, and would always concentrate on things ahead of him.
He would sometimes be tough on the outside, but on the inside, he would want to do his best to take care of his students. He would want his students to adapt, and he would guide them to figure out the solution to their problems on their own. He would want to help the student achieve their goals, partially shaping their future.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
He would silently approach them until they realize his presence. He would then immediately intercept the event, calmly order them to stop, and give them a warning if they refuse to. If the problem still occurs, he would put them into detention with no hesitation.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
He would order the students to be silent by slamming the books onto the table for only once, and wait for them to stop. If they do not cooperate, he will give them a warning and continue the lecture. If they continue to refuse to comply, he would start giving out detentions.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: He would slowly enjoy a cup of Americano while sitting cross-legged, with thoughts running through his mind. He would be thinking about how to improve himself as a teacher, and carefully plans the next moves of his career.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
He'd snappily remove his pair of Prado Decode sunglasses as the students come into the class. He'd raise his left hand near his chest then gently adjust his watch, while his head slightly turns left. He'd snap himself back to reality, clean his throat and look at the whole class.

/me
He'd continue his lecture, as he walks into the back of the room, scanning the whole class and come back to his desk

/me
He'd sit cross-legged on his table, quickly skim through his notes, and gently put the book down onto his table. He'd start the lesson with his voice toned low, charmingly and softly.

/me
He'd slam the book onto the student's desk without saying a word.

*He'd notice the raised hand of the student. He'd sharply direct his right hand to their location, while his left hand was put into his pocket.* Yes, <name of the student>?

*He'd gently point his right hand to the student, while still holding a piece of chalk.*
Great question, <name of the student>.
*He'd have his left hand put into his pocket, sharply direct his right hand to the student and snap his fingers, gently congratulate him(her)* Very good answer, Mr/Miss. <name of the student>

*He'd take a box of fresh mid-range cameras off the shelf, along with another box of accessories. He'd then gently put it down onto his desk.*
Everyone, each of you will take one camera, and a pack of gears here. The cameras are supplied by the school, which means you are not allowed to do any harm to them at all costs. The specifications of the cameras are all the same, so don't worry about that.

*He'd hold a small cube-shaped object using two fingers of his right hand, showing it to the class, while his left hand reaches into his pocket.*
So, this adorable tiny white cube you have on your desk right now, would be called the "object". We would be practicing our camera paths using it.

Backstory

'Miller' Reids was originally born in Detroit, US, with his mother being a Japanese and his father as an America citizen. His father left him when he was born. Miller spent his early days of life with his mother, without knowing his father's face. He was quite a strange kid that never enjoyed playing with toys, or playing with friends at the same age as his. Instead, he would spend time sneaking up into highschools to see freestyle rap battles. His love for Hip-Hop grew non-stop ever since, but his life at home was seldom stable. His mother was using drugs on a regular basis, and he struggled to live a happy life like other children. His uncle, a man with a decent life often takes care of them when they are in trouble with the police, or family struggles. Unfortunately, when "Miller" was about to enter grade 12 with pride, he had to witness his mother's death. She was addicted to drugs and refuses to cooperate as a drug dealer to their gang, resulting in a termination. His uncle, knowing the situation, has decided to transfer him to a city called "Karakura", located in Japan, and hoped that "Miller", who is now under the name of "Kazuhira ", would have a better life.
Kazuhira finally rented an apartment and settled his life. He looked back at his life. He struggles with his relationships, despite getting good grades at school. He had to get rid of his old self and become a man with almost no feeling. Soulless. Emptiness. He doesn't have any demand for fancy things that people at his age enjoy. Alcohol, parties, lovebirds, etc. The only thing that interests him now would be the silence of the forest, the street lights of the shopping district, and the sunrise reflecting onto the wavy water surface of the sea. He'd then got inspired to dig deeper into Cinematography, as he wants to capture the memories of his life. He studied hard, and got into college, opening a new chapter of his life.

After 4 years of college, Kazuhira graduated and obtained the Degree of Art and Design along the way. He'd then become a professional photographer and video producer. He turned his apartment into a studio, becoming a true visual artist, making cash easily. But then again, he sat down. Once again, he looked back at his achievements. None of this could make him actually feel better. It was still the same soulless kid who sold his beloved guitar to pay the renting fee of his own apartment. He decided to get rid of his whole career, and he wanted to start again. He decided to become a teacher. He wants to inspire the kids to unlock their creativity, and not to make the same mistakes that he did when he was their age.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:
Kazuhira Miller Reids
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Kazuhira
Preferred Name: Kaz

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality:
United States of America
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree:
Art & Design
Year of Graduation: 2016
Major(s): Film/Broadcast, Graphics Design
Minors: Mathematics

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, a CELTA Certificate.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Art / Cinematography

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): None.
Do you have any questions?: None.​

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Pending

- You'll be DM'd shortly via Discord regarding this application.​