mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Kowaulsky's Shopkeeper Application | Yūgure Sakaba

Kowaulsky

Level 2

YUGURE SAKABA - BANNER.png

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
YUGURE SAKABA - BANNER PLAYER INFO.png

What is your Minecraft username ?
Kowaulsky (main) - applying for my second character slot
Kauwalsky (alt)​

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?)
kowaulsky

How old are you ? (Optional)
19 years old (24/01/2005)

What is your time zone ?
Central European Summer Time (Nantes, France)

Describe your activity on the server
I've been pretty active on SchoolRP, trying out a bunch of different roles and gaining alot of experience in the process.

GangRP
I've been involved in GangRP quite a bit, even running a few gangs myself. I've been part of some of the biggest and most well-known gangs on the server, they’re very old today though. This gave me a chance to dive into some intense roleplaying scenarios, organise events, and work with others to create a really immersive experience.

Teaching Roles
I've also been a teacher and a professor several times, mainly focusing on IT/Computing. My classes were always fun and interactive, and I built good relationships with my students. Teaching on the server helped me get better at managing groups and making learning interesting.

FamilyRP
I enjoy FamilyRP a lot. I've owned a few big families and had lots of in-character kids. This part of the game let me explore different family dynamics and create detailed storylines, which was always a blast.

Shop Employee Experience
I've worked in different shops as well, including as a security guard at La Casa Nostra when it first opened a few years ago. This role gave me firsthand experience in shop operations and customer interactions, which I think will be really useful if I get to run my own shop.

Event Security
Around the same time La Casa Nostra opened, I also worked as a security guard for a K-pop group event. This was an exciting and unique experience that helped me develop skills in crowd management and event security, ensuring everything ran smoothly and safely.

All these experiences have made my time on SchoolRP really diverse and enjoyable, and I think they'd help me run a shop that's both fun and well-organised.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted ?
Yup! I’m aware, and I fully agree. I can 100% certify that I have the time, energy and will to run my shop.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Ban Appeals

[Accepted] Accepted - Kowaulsky & NotRealKowaulsky's Ban Appeal | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Accepted - Kowaulsky & Kauwalsky (I'm pretty sure)'s Ban Appeal | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Can’t find the third one. It must be on my old SRP Forum account, inaccessible only staff can view ban applications.
I'm not proud of my past mistakes, however, I can assure you I learnt from them and never will make another mistake.

Professor Application
[Accepted]
Accepted - Kowaulsky's Professor Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/kauwalskys-professor-application.73669/

Teacher Application:
[Accepted]
Accepted - Ciscada's Teacher Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

KPD Application:
[Denied]
KPD Application | BabyCiscada [UPDATED] | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

Shopkeeper Application:
[Denied]
Denied - Kowaulsky's Shopkeeper Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

Numerous Language Applications:
All of them accepted.

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
Kowaulsky (main) :

Niklas Kraemhardt ---> Unemployed Adult
Seiichi Kazehaya ---> High School Student (slot never used, using it for this application.)

Kauwalsky (alt) :
Yankov "Yaki" Ivankov ---> Professor

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
YUGURE SAKABA - SHOP INFORMATION PLAYER INFO.png

What shop are you applying for ?
Any restaurant & bar shop avalaible, I'm not picky really. However, I will be renaming it “Yūgure Sakaba” meaning “Twilight Bar”.

Is there a discord for your shop ?
Yes, however it's still in development.
SRP | YŪGURE SAKABA
Permanent, unlimited use link.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper ?
I want to become a shopkeeper because I genuinely love the idea of creating a cozy, inviting space where people can relax, enjoy good company, and experience a wide variety of drinks. Running Yūgure Sakaba would allow me to bring this vision to life in Karakura, offering a unique spot that combines the charm of a traditional Japanese bar with the excitement of modern mixology.

My journey on SchoolRP has given me a wealth of experience that I believe makes me a great fit for this role. I've been involved in diverse activities, from leading gangs to teaching IT/Computing as a professor. These roles have helped me develop strong leadership and organisational skills. More importantly, they've shown me how to engage with the community and create experiences that people enjoy. Working as a security guard at La Casa Nostra and for a K-pop group event gave me firsthand experience in managing a busy environment and ensuring customer satisfaction. I learned the importance of a welcoming atmosphere and smooth operations, lessons that I plan to apply to Yūgure Sakaba. I want every customer to feel at home and look forward to their next visit.

Moreover, my roleplay experience on other roleplay games such as Arma 3 and Garry's Mod allowed me to gain experience in running shops and businesses, whether it was legal or illegal.

What excites me most about running Yūgure Sakaba is the opportunity to offer something truly unique. Our extensive selection of drinks, from sake and Japanese whiskeys to international spirits and craft beers, will cater to a wide range of tastes. Interactive elements like tasting flights and DIY ****tail stations will make each visit an adventure. Adding live music, and themed events will keep the atmosphere lively and ensure there’s always something new to enjoy. Ultimately, I want to create a place that becomes a favorite hangout spot in Karakura. A place where people come to unwind after a long day, celebrate special occasions, or simply enjoy a night out with friends. By blending traditional Japanese hospitality with modern bar culture, I believe Yūgure Sakaba can offer an experience that stands out and keeps people coming back.

Becoming a shopkeeper at Yūgure Sakaba is a chance for me to combine my love for hospitality with my passion for community building. I’m excited about the potential to create memorable experiences for everyone who walks through our doors and to make Yūgure Sakaba a beloved part of Karakura’s social scene.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique ?
I want to create a cozy and inviting space that captures the essence of twilight, providing a perfect retreat for those looking to unwind after a long day. What will set my shop apart is the blend of traditional Japanese elements with modern bar culture. This fusion will create a unique experience where customers can enjoy a wide variety of high-quality drinks, from sake and Japanese whiskeys to international spirits and craft beers, all paired with delicious Japanese-inspired dishes.
Yūgure Sakaba will offer unique features that you won't find in other shops. I aim to make each visit an adventure with interactive elements like tasting flights and DIY ****tail stations. We'll host regular live music, tasting competitions, and themed events, ensuring there's always something exciting happening.

And that's not all! I'm planning to introduce a loyalty system that rewards regular customers with special perks and discounts. Stay tuned for more details, as Yūgure Sakaba will be full of surprises designed to make every visit memorable. My ultimate goal is to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment where people can form connections, relax, and create lasting memories.

Discount system
I plan to offer discounts on popular items to make them more accessible. For example, if a specific alcohol is in high demand, we will offer discounts to make it more affordable or during celebrations to make sure anybody can have a fun night. These discounts will be announced on our Discord server and during shop openings.

Loyalty system
Yugure Sakaba's loyalty system rewards customers with special gifts and discounts. The system is integrated with a Discord bot that tracks purchases and updates loyalty accounts. When a customer makes a purchase, the cashier can update their account through a simple command. The bot notifies customers when rewards are available and tracks their points. This makes it easy for customers to redeem rewards and monitor progress. This modern loyalty program ensures customer engagement and satisfaction.
If this application is accepted, I will start working on the bot immediately to ensure it's ready as soon as possible. I'm on holidays so I have a lot of time.

What will be the design of the shop ?

Yūgure Sakaba is all about capturing the calm and beauty of twilight. I want to create a cozy, inviting place where people can unwind and enjoy themselves. The idea is to blend traditional Japanese design with some modern touches to make the space feel both serene and contemporary. The main concept is to reflect the peaceful transition of twilight, that magical time of day when everything starts to wind down. This will be the essence of Yūgure Sakaba, providing a space that feels relaxing and welcoming.

The ambiance will be warm and intimate, with soft lighting to create a cozy glow. Traditional Japanese elements like shoji screens and bamboo accents will add an authentic touch, making the space feel special and unique. The design will be minimalist, keeping things clean and uncluttered to promote a sense of calm. Subtle traditional motifs, like cherry blossoms, will be used to add elegance without overwhelming the senses.

To make Yūgure Sakaba stand out, I'll blend the traditional Japanese look with modern bar culture. This will include interactive features like tasting flight stations and DIY ****tail areas, which will make the experience engaging and fun for everyone. Overall, the atmosphere will be all about comfort and serenity. I want people to feel relaxed and at ease. There will be spaces for live music and karaoke to keep things lively and ensure that every visit is enjoyable.

INTERIOR
Inspirated from Western bars and lamp bars in Japan.
INTERIOR 1.png
INTERIOR 2.png
INTERIOR 3.png
INTERIOR 4.png

EXTERIOR
This is a good reference but imagine it more fancy.
EXTERIOR 1.png

What will be the uniforms for your shop ?
For the uniforms at Yūgure Sakaba, I want them to reflect the shop's colors while maintaining a classy and formal appearance. This will ensure that every customer feels they are receiving top-tier service in an elegant setting.

Waitstaff
The waitstaff will wear uniforms that incorporate the twilight hues of the shop. Their shirts or blouses will be a soft purple or white, with a subtle cherry blossom embroidery to add a unique touch. They will pair these with tailored vests in a warm orange or deep purple, adding a layer of formality. The pants or skirts will be black or dark-colored to keep the look sleek and professional. Elegant aprons featuring the Yūgure Sakaba logo and the shop's color scheme will complete the outfit.

Bartender
Bartenders will don crisp white or soft purple shirts, echoing the waitstaff's color scheme. They will wear tailored, dark vests with a slight sheen to provide a touch of elegance. Warm orange or deep purple ties or bowties will match the vests, creating a cohesive look.

Hosts/Hostesses
For female hosts, classy dresses in soft purple or black with warm orange accents will be the norm. Male hosts will wear tailored suits with matching ties or bowties. Optional scarves with cherry blossom patterns for female hosts will add an elegant touch and continuity with the theme.

Security Guards
Security guards will wear simple, dark suits to maintain a professional and unobtrusive presence. Their attire will be straightforward but formal, ensuring they blend seamlessly into the elegant environment of Yūgure Sakaba while providing a sense of security.

Chefs
Chefs will wear classic chef uniforms, featuring white jackets and black pants. Their attire will be practical yet formal, aligning with the high standards of the restaurant. The classic look will ensure they maintain a professional appearance while working in the kitchen.

Reference picture for the uniform:
Of course, the colors will be different and some tweaks are to be made. I will hire a tailor to design them.
UNIFORMS.png

What will you sell in your shop ?
I plan to offer a diverse and high-quality selection of both drinks and food to cater to a wide range of tastes and preferences.
These are only examples, the list is not completed yet.

Alcoholic Beverages
I will sell all kinds of alcohol, ensuring there is something for every palate. This includes a variety of traditional and modern options:
Sake: A wide range of traditional Japanese sakes.
Japanese Whiskeys: Renowned brands and rare finds to cater to whiskey enthusiasts.
International Spirits: Scotch, bourbon, tequila, rum, and more to offer global flavors.
Craft Beers: Both local Japanese craft beers and international selections.
Signature ****tails: Custom-made ****tails inspired by Japanese flavors, like the Yuzu Margarita and Matcha Mojito.
Custom Made Alcohol: Unique, custom-made alcoholic beverages, bought from the server, offering exclusive tastes that can’t be found anywhere else.
I plan on buying custom alcohol items to be able to sell them.

Basically, as much alcohol as possible, this is a bar after all! However, with a touch of diversity and uniqueness.

Non-Alcoholic Beverages
To cater to all customers, a variety of non-alcoholic options will be available:
Specialty Teas: Traditional Japanese teas like matcha, sencha, and hojicha.
Mocktails: Non-alcoholic versions of our signature ****tails.
Japanese Sodas: Unique flavors that offer a refreshing alternative.

Food
The food menu at Yūgure Sakaba will focus on Japanese-oriented (with exceptions) dishes with a modern twist:

Traditional Japanese Cuisine:
Appetizers: Edamame, gyoza (dumplings), and takoyaki (octopus balls).
Main Dishes: Ramen with various toppings, donburi (rice bowls) with options like tempura, teriyaki chicken, and beef.
Grilled Skewers: Yakitori and other grilled meats and vegetables.
Desserts: Matcha ice cream, mochi (rice cake), and anmitsu (Japanese jelly dessert).

International Food Options:
Burgers: A selection of gourmet burgers, including traditional beef as well as unique options like a teriyaki chicken burger.
Fusion Dishes: Modern takes on Japanese classics, incorporating contemporary flavors and ingredients.

What kind of custom alcohol do you plan on selling ?
To make Yūgure Sakaba truly unique, I plan to offer a variety of custom-made alcohols that blend traditional Japanese ingredients with innovative flavors, so these items will be bought from the server as time passes. They will be mixed along with other alcohol to create unique ****tails and combinations! Some of them can even be used in food such as desserts.

Here are some unique and interesting custom alcohol options:
Japanese-Inspired Custom Alcohols
Hibiscus Vodka
Vodka infused with hibiscus flowers, giving it a vibrant red color and a tart, floral flavor. This unique vodka will be both visually appealing and delicious.
Hibiscus Vodka Image Link

Shiso Shochu
Shochu infused with shiso leaves, which impart a unique herbal and minty flavor. This spirit will provide a distinctive and refreshing taste experience.
Shiso Shochu Image Link

Yuzu Sake
Sake infused with fresh yuzu juice, adding a tart and aromatic citrus flavor to the traditional rice wine. This custom sake will be light and refreshing.
Yuzu Sake Image Link

Sakura Blossom Gin
A gin infused with cherry blossoms and yuzu zest, creating a floral and citrusy flavor profile. This unique gin will offer a refreshing twist on traditional gin.
Sakura Blossom Gin Image Link

International-Inspired Custom Alcohols
Honey Bourbon
Bourbon infused with honey, providing a smooth, sweet flavor that complements the rich, smoky notes of the whiskey.
Honey Bourbon Image Link

Elderflower Gin
Gin infused with elderflowers, providing a delicate, floral aroma and a refreshing taste. Perfect for light, summery ****tails.
Elderflower Gin

Chocolate Stout Beer
A stout beer brewed with cacao nibs, offering a rich, chocolatey flavor that's perfect for dessert-inspired drinks.
Chocolate Stout Beer Image Link

Chili Tequila
Tequila infused with chili peppers, adding a spicy kick that enhances the classic tequila experience. Ideal for adventurous drinkers and unique ****tail creations.
Chili Tequila Image Link

Maple Whiskey
Whiskey infused with pure maple syrup, adding a sweet, rich flavor that pairs well with the smoky notes of the whiskey.
Maple Whiskey Image Link

What will be your shop’s hours of operation ?
Yūgure Sakaba will open as evening begins and remain open throughout the night. This schedule ensures that anyone can come visit us after their workday to relax and have fun. By operating all night, we provide a cozy and inviting atmosphere for late-night socializing and relaxation. Special events will be hosted during the night to enhance the experience, with exceptions made for certain occasions when necessary. This approach ensures that Yūgure Sakaba is the perfect destination for evening and nighttime gatherings, offering a welcoming retreat for all.

What events do you plan on hosting ?
I plan to host a variety of events to keep the atmosphere lively and engaging, ensuring there's always something exciting happening for our guests.

Seasonal and Holiday Celebrations
Celebrating Japanese festivals like Hanami (Cherry Blossom Viewing) in spring and Tanabata (Star Festival) in summer, as well as international holidays like New Year's Eve and Halloween. These events will offer discounts and possibly a special menu.

Live Music Nights
Regular performances featuring actual player musical groups playing their style of music. These nights will provide a soothing and culturally rich experience.

Taste Competition
Hosting a taste competition where participants must guess which alcohol they are tasting. The winner, who correctly identifies the most drinks, will receive a special prize.

DIY ****tail Events
Hosting DIY ****tail events where guests can learn to mix their own ****tails using various ingredients and techniques. This interactive event will be a hit among those who enjoy hands-on experiences and want to learn more about mixology.

Themed Nights
Special themed nights such as "Sake Saturdays," "Whiskey Wednesdays," and "International Beer Day." These events will highlight different aspects of our diverse drink menu and offer unique tasting experiences.

Chef’s Table Experience
Offering an exclusive Chef’s Table experience where guests can enjoy a multi-course meal prepared right in front of them by the head chef. This intimate setting allows for interaction with the chef and a deeper appreciation of the culinary arts.

How many employees do you plan to have ?
At Yūgure Sakaba, I plan to have a team of dedicated and skilled employees to ensure smooth operations and exceptional customer service.
Here's a breakdown of the staff I envision:

Management
Shop Owner
Quantity: 1
Handles the marketing, hiring staff, restocking, events and ensuring everything runs smoothly.

General Manager
Overseeing overall operations, managing staff, inventory, and ensuring the quality of service.

Front of the house:
Waitstaff
Quantity: 2-3
Employees to welcome guests, take orders, serve food and drinks, and provide excellent customer service.

Bartender
Skilled bartenders to prepare and serve a wide variety of beverages, including our custom alcohol offerings.

Security Guards
Quantity: 2
Security guards to ensure the safety and security of the customers and staff, especially during busy nights and events.

Back of the house:
Chef
Quantity: 2-3
The kitchen team they handle creating menus, preparing dishes, and ensuring the quality of the food.

As the shop grows bigger, more staff will be needed and I will be hiring more employees. This is a simple idea of how the shop is structured.

Will employees be trained ?
All employees at Yūgure Sakaba will undergo comprehensive training to ensure they provide exceptional service and uphold the high standards of the establishment. Training will cover various aspects crucial to their roles.

Employees will be trained in customer service excellence, learning how to greet guests warmly, handle inquiries, and resolve any issues efficiently and professionally. This will ensure that every customer feels valued and has a positive experience. Staff will receive detailed training on our menu offerings, including the unique custom-made alcohols and traditional Japanese dishes. This will enable them to provide knowledgeable recommendations and answer any questions guests may have about our offerings.

Waitstaff and the bartender will be trained in proper serving techniques, including the correct way to present and serve food and drinks. The bartender will also receive specialized training in mixology to prepare and serve our signature ****tails and custom alcohols. Given the Japanese theme of Yūgure Sakaba, staff will be educated on Japanese culture and traditions to enhance the authenticity of the experience and show respect for the cultural elements incorporated into the establishment.

For those involved in organizing and running events, training will include event planning, coordination, and execution to ensure all events run smoothly and meet our high standards. Additionally, training will emphasize the importance of teamwork and effective communication among staff members. This will help create a cohesive team environment and ensure efficient operations.

How will you ensure customer satisfaction and handle customer complaints ?
Ensuring customer satisfaction is a top priority. Employees will be thoroughly trained in customer service to provide warm, attentive, and proactive service, ensuring guests feel valued from the moment they arrive. Our diverse and high-quality menu, featuring unique custom-made alcohols and delicious Japanese-inspired dishes, will meet and exceed customer expectations.

To create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere, we will maintain a cozy ambiance and host engaging events, ensuring guests always have something to look forward to. Handling customer complaints will involve open communication, prompt resolution, and follow-up to ensure satisfaction. Regular feedback through surveys and feedback forms will be collected to continuously improve our offerings and service. Futhermore, customers are welcomed to ask for the manager or myself if they got complains.

What experience do you have that qualifies you to run this shop ?
I have managed shops in real-world settings and online. On SchoolRP, I have worked in various shops, gaining knowledge of customer service, inventory management, and day-to-day operations. I was a security guard at La Casa Nostra when it first opened and provided security for a K-pop group event. These roles taught me the importance of a welcoming atmosphere and ensuring every customer has a pleasant experience.

Additionally, I have run numerous shops on Garry's Mod roleplay servers, where I was responsible for all aspects of shop management. This experience has equipped me with the skills needed to handle the complexities of running a business.

Finally, I have been part of the SchoolRP community since 2019. I understand the community and try to create a positive and engaging environment. My goal is to make Yūgure Sakaba a lovely experience for the SRP community. I have made mistakes in the past, but they allowed me to learn to become better, therefore become a better player and slowly stack up the qualities needed to run a shop.

YUGURE SAKABA - IC INFORMATION PLAYER INFO.png

First name
Seiichi

Last name
Kazehaya

Title
Mister, Mr

Gender, pronouns
Male, he/him

Age, birthday
40, 18/01/1984

Nationality, origins
Japanese

Marital Status
Single

Spoken Languages
Japanese, English, Scottish, (very basic), Dutch (basic)

Academic Degrees
Bachelor’s Degree in Fermentation Science (2002 - 2006)

At Tokyo University of Agriculture obtained, at the age of 22 years old.

Master’s Degree in Brewing and Distilling (ICBD) (2007 - 2009)
At Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland, obtained at the age of 25 years old.

Certified Sake Professional (CSP) (2010)
From the Sake Education Council, obtained at the age of 26 years old.

Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with a focus on Hospitality Management (2011 - 2013)
At Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, obtained at the age of 29 years old.

Professional Experience
Apprenticeship at a Traditional Sake Brewery (2006 - 2007)

After completing his undergraduate degree, Seiichi completed a one-year apprenticeship at a traditional sake brewery in Niigata, Japan, a region famous for its high-quality sake. Under the guidance of master brewers, he honed his skills in every step of the sake production process, from rice polishing to fermentation and bottling. He completed this apprenticeship at the age of 23.

Work Experience in International Distilleries (2013 - 2018)
Seiichi expanded his horizons by working at several renowned distilleries around the world, including a Scotch whisky distillery in Scotland and a gin distillery in the Netherlands. These experiences allowed him to blend his traditional Japanese techniques with international practices, creating a unique fusion of flavors and methods. He worked in these roles from age 29 to 34.

Manager at a Renowned Japanese Restaurant and Bar (2018 - 2023)
Returning to Japan, Seiichi took on the role of manager at a renowned Japanese restaurant and bar in Tokyo. Here, he applied his business and brewing knowledge, overseeing operations, managing staff, and ensuring the establishment maintained its high standards of quality and service. He managed this establishment from age 34 to 39.

Opening Yūgure Sakaba (2024 - Present)
At the age of 40, with decades of experience and a wealth of knowledge, Seiichi decided to open Yūgure Sakaba. His vision was to create a cozy and inviting bar that combines the best of Japanese traditions with innovative international influences, offering a diverse range of high-quality alcoholic beverages and an exceptional customer experience.

What does your character look like ?
Seiichi Kazehaya is an average-height man with a normal build, exuding a friendly and approachable demeanor. He has striking blonde hair, a trait inherited from his Dutch father, which contrasts with his dark eyes, reflecting his Japanese heritage. Seiichi always maintains a polished and professional appearance, typically seen wearing elegant and stylish suits. His attire often includes well-tailored jackets, crisp shirts, and sleek ties, showcasing his commitment to sophistication and his attention to detail. This blend of Western and Japanese influences in his appearance and style makes Seiichi stand out as a unique and charismatic figure in the hospitality industry.

CHARACTER CONCEPT ART / DESIGN

Backstory
Seiichi Kazehaya was born in Tokyo in 1984 to a Japanese mother, Yumiko Kazehaya, and a Dutch father, Johan van den Berg.Growing up, he experienced a rich blend of both cultures, which greatly influenced his outlook on life. His mother, a devoted practitioner of Japanese traditions, introduced him to various aspects of their culture, including the art of sake making, while his father, a passionate connoisseur of European wines and spirits, shared his knowledge and appreciation for Western alcohol.
From a young age, Seiichi was fascinated by the world of alcohol. His earliest memories include watching his grandfather prepare sake in the traditional manner during family visits to Niigata, a region renowned for its sake. At the age of 10, he had his first hands-on experience, helping his grandfather with the rice polishing process. This ignited a passion in him, and he became determined to learn everything he could about the art of alcohol production.

During his teenage years, Seiichi immersed himself in learning about both Japanese and Western alcoholic beverages. He spent countless hours reading books and articles, experimenting with home-brewing kits, and seeking knowledge from his grandfather and father. While also learning English, some basics of the Dutch language from his father too. By the time he finished high school, he had already decided that he wanted to pursue a career in alcohol production.

In 2002, at the age of 18, Seiichi enrolled at Tokyo University of Agriculture to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Fermentation Science. There, he gained a solid foundation in the science of fermentation and learned about the biochemical processes involved in producing alcohol. During his undergraduate studies, he also took part in internships and workshops, further honing his skills and expanding his knowledge.

After graduating in 2006, Seiichi decided to deepen his expertise by enrolling in the International Center for Brewing and Distilling (ICBD) at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland. From 2007 to 2009, he immersed himself in the world of brewing and distilling, learning advanced techniques and combining traditional practices with modern innovations. He completed his Master’s degree at the age of 25.

In 2010, Seiichi returned to Japan to obtain the Certified Sake Professional (CSP) designation from the Sake Education Council. This intensive training allowed him to master the art of sake production, tasting, and pairing, solidifying his expertise in this revered Japanese craft.

Recognizing the importance of business acumen in running a successful establishment, Seiichi pursued a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) with a focus on Hospitality Management at Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration. From 2011 to 2013, he gained essential business and management skills, preparing him to manage his own business. He completed his MBA at the age of 29.

From 2013 to 2018, Seiichi expanded his horizons by working at several renowned distilleries around the world, including a Scotch whisky distillery in Scotland and a gin distillery in the Netherlands. These experiences allowed him to blend his traditional Japanese techniques with international practices, creating a unique fusion of flavors and methods.

Returning to Japan in 2018, Seiichi took on the role of manager at a renowned Japanese restaurant and bar in Tokyo. For five years, he applied his business and brewing knowledge, overseeing operations, managing staff, and ensuring the establishment maintained its high standards of quality and service. This experience further refined his skills and prepared him for his ultimate goal.

In 2024, at the age of 40, Seiichi fulfilled his lifelong dream by opening Yūgure Sakaba. His vision was to create a cozy and inviting bar that combines the best of Japanese traditions with innovative international influences, offering a diverse range of high-quality alcoholic beverages and an exceptional customer experience. Through his dedication to learning and his diverse experiences, Seiichi Kazehaya has become a master of the art of alcohol production and business management, perfectly blending his cultural heritage with modern techniques to create a unique and memorable experience at Yūgure Sakaba.

What do your character plans for the future ?
Seiichi Kazehaya has several ambitious plans for the future of Yūgure Sakaba and his career in the alcohol and hospitality industry. He aims to expand Yūgure Sakaba into a chain of bars across Japan and internationally, maintaining the cozy, twilight-inspired atmosphere and high standards of service.

Seiichi plans to develop and market a line of custom alcohols, including his signature Sakura Blossom Gin and Honey Bourbon, under the Yūgure Sakaba brand. He also intends to host cultural events like sake tastings, brewing workshops, and much more to engage and educate customers.

To strengthen community ties, Seiichi will support local artists, musicians, and culinary talents by providing a platform for them to showcase their work. He is committed to sustainability, implementing eco-friendly practices in sourcing, waste reduction, and packaging.

Seiichi aspires to mentor the next generation of brewers and hospitality professionals through a training program at Yūgure Sakaba. Dedicated to continuous growth, he plans to travel and learn from other cultures, exploring new trends and techniques in brewing and hospitality.

Through these plans, Seiichi aims to build on Yūgure Sakaba’s success, creating a lasting legacy that celebrates the art of alcohol production and Japanese culture.

Extra
Additional notes about your application:
There are some elements very similar to my old shopkeeper application from about a year ago. That is because, well it's mine so it's not copying and I did really like some of my old elements like the idea of a Discord bot for a loyalty system. Plus, to top it off, apparently the staff did also like it, got an amazing feedback from it. I hope it's not an issue!

I do my own alcohol out-of-chracter, for the taste of course but my point is: I actually know what I'm doing, I can roleplay this out better than anyone such as use real terms, explain methods of fabricating alcohol such as fermentation etc.

Do you have any questions ?
N/A

Interest Reminder
Since there are no Shopkeeper lead, and applications are on hold for a response. Ill be putting interest reminder to show I'm still interested even after some time.
Last reminder : Wednesday, August 7, 2024​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread