Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

SoftestMallow

Discord Name & Tag:
Mallow#3512

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
I spend a totally reasonable 6 - 12 hours online daily. Of course, my online time and activities will fluctuate with the passing of time, but one thing remains certain: I love roleplaying on SchoolRP. The only force with potential to keep me from coming on at a relatively reasonable time would be my dreadfully off-kilter, ever-changing sleep routine.

Alongside basic (crime-free) college roleplay, most of my time is splayed between my accounts. I am currently an attending doctor in EMS, but I still find time to roleplay as an adult as well as a cat.

Which timezone are you in?
CST ( UTC - 6:00 )

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
( https://schoolrp.net/threads/judge-application-deadends.55014/ ) - Pending
( https://schoolrp.net/threads/electriklove-doctor-application.54143/ ) - Accepted

What is your motivation for applying?:
The Karakura Police Department has long stood as an integral aspect of SchoolRP. In my eyes, student roleplay quickly became a tired dedication of my time on the server, and my admiration of the police faction outdates any desire to participate in alternative forms of roleplay. To put it simply, officers on SRP are involved in a lot – from their close grapples with criminals to investigative work to the plethora of interactive lore-based events that we’re often facing at the rear end in EMS.

Alongside my simple desire to participate in KPD’s busy business, the faction is currently brimming with writers I admire. The concept of being able to roleplay with the officers currently employed is motivation enough for me to sign right up.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I've learned a lot about police work, largely via my time in EMS as well as through personal investigation. Depending on position within the faction, responsibilities can fluctuate.

Commissioner
The faction leader and faction head, a position with the most authority and responsibility across the entire station. They, similarly to any other leader, have the final word in any decision or plan that is made. They scrutinize both the detective and officer divisions.

Police Captain
A right hand man to the Commissioner, their noble second in command. They are primarily responsible for the officer division.

Police Detective Superintendent
A position comparable to that of the police captain, save for the fact that they are in command of the detectives and the investigative work rather than the officers.

Police Detective Chief Inspector
The role of a Detective Chief Inspector is another officer working under the Superintendent, assisting and offering a helping hand to them, splitting responsibilities tied to anything within the detective division.

Police Detective Inspector
The detective’s version of a patrol officer, the role being given to the ones who have enough experience in being a detective constable. Of course the higher up rank gets special equipment like the Glock-17 and a Cruiser.

Police Detective Constable
The detective’s version of a cadet, new to the detective division but not new to the force. They have the same access to everything else as before but they’re just taking a step into the detective career.

Police Lieutenant
Police Lieutenant (P-LT) - Everyone in this rank is a higher-up, and they help guide the main division or answer minor things that are not as important. As a higher-up, they supervise most of the main division’s training. This ranking has the availability to receive its own police cruiser and Glock-17.

Police Sergeant
A second-hand in charge of the main police division. In their time as Sergeant, they are trained and prepared for the lieutenant test. For short times they are permitted to use a Glock-17.

Police Corporal
With promoting comes responsibilities, Corporal’s have the ability to train the strapping new cadets that are eventually hired. Whoever has the role now gets to care for and whip the cadets into shape, show them around and teach them what to do when in the stickiest of

Patrol Officer
Congrats! If the cadet passes their training and final test, this role marks your real start inside the faction. You’re able to leave the station without a higher up holding your hand for patrols. Once you’re here, you finally receive your badge.

Police Cadet
A Police Cadet is any new hire brought into the station. They spend most of their time working inside the station under the close supervision of someone higher ranking. They are to strive to prove themselves worthy to even be there in the division, having to go through intense training and exams. But on their time off of training, they work at the front desk, go on patrol and do CCTV duties.

Equipment
As mentioned in a few of my answers, different items are given out depending on your rank and division in the faction. The ones you can physically obtain are as follows:
  • Police Baton​
  • Police Handcuffs​
  • Police Radio​
  • Breathalyzer​
  • X26 Taser​
  • Riot Gear​
  • Cruiser​
  • Glock-17​

A host of other items used by police can be item-roleplayed. Something like luminol spray would involve its usage being written out for application on items such as a weapon or mask.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?
Karakura is a very crime riddled town. That’s no secret! Without the officers around, the major part of what brings the immersion and fun into CityRp would just vanish. A lot of the SRP community is somehow a part of the crime faction, either it be hanging around the biggest of bads or simply mugging some poor guy's wallet. It wouldn’t be as fun, the stakes wouldn’t be high enough for it to truly matter. The town is simply better off having them around.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Of course I do, I plan on doing everything I can to avoid any kind of demotion.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I plan on dedicating myself if given the chance to join the faction, I’ll be sure to not to have any unexcused inactivity.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

I acknowledge that training will be mandatory if I am online, if anything gets in the way, I’ll be sure to contact the faction lead or any HU.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Matsunaga Hitoshi

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male (he/him, they/them)

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Highschool Diploma, graduated 2011 at 18
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, graduated 2017 at 24

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Japanese Sign Language.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Matsunaga Hitoshi was a man who looked to never see the light of day, his skin void of any healthy glow. The uneven mop that sat on his head fell messily into his face, the rest contrasting considerably to his bangs, it being combed nicely into a loose pony-tail. A red color underlined a pair of heavy bags under his multi-colored eyes. One a dull gray the other a dark amber.

He always seems to linger in the shadows, just around a corner. He hardly seemed to utter much of anything unless spoken to, only showing up in the oddest of places when called.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In any professional scenario, they remained serious but stayed out of the limelight. He found it better for him to remain short, his body tensed, ready for anything that Karakura might throw his way.

In more casual places, he loses his ‘I’m ready!’ Demeanor, a tired one would always sour it. He seems to leave it all behind at his job, only finding it necessary to dig it out of him if he’s going out.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
His outlook on either was neutral, it wasn't that he didn’t like the idea of working side by side with co-workers. They just didn’t have any strong feelings about the thought of teamwork, considering you can be stuck with anyone. He was cautious, but willing.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
He easily sees himself as more of a follower, an acolyte for someone to direct and puppet. A hands off kind of man, one who lingers in the back until told to do otherwise. An otherwise pessimistic outlook on life that was unfortunately drilled into him from a young age.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
In his early childhood, Matsunaga Hitoshi grew up isolated from most, sheltered from the harsh world that was the streets of Karakura. Being an only child to parents that had the emotional capacity of a brick. They were 'loving' in their own way. He performed well early on in school, having the same innocent, child-like innocence anyone would have at that age. Of course, as time passed and Karakura grew more hectic, that innocence washed away.

Somehow, he managed to make it through high school without getting a singular swirly, graduating from Bobcat, to Spartan at the age of eighteen. Yet with his bright future ahead of him, he had no idea what to do in a gloomy town like this. What could someone like him do for a place like this? So instead of diving right back into the school, he hid away in his empty childhood home for a couple of years, sitting in a pile of dread and anxiety for his future, for his hometown.

After letting everything build, and build.. It suddenly seemed to snap! Everything clicking into place, giving him newfound inspiration to do anything with his life. He wanted to help his city in any way he could. With Hitoshi’s feigned determination he went through college for four years to get his Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice. His free time was used to minor in Theater and Criminology.

Living in Karakura their whole life, experiencing the rise and fall of the Akihito family, all the many gangs that come and go. He couldn’t sit around and simply watch the news anymore, the useless feeling was something he was fed up with. So he decided to finally bid adieu to what he knew, pushing himself to go to a local police academy and finally put himself forward and apply to KPD.

He too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave . . .

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

It’s Karakura. No way is it legal to wave one around out in the open, let alone just concealing one in private. Who knows what that knife could have been used for.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol, lactulose and cough syrup are the only oral medicine that doesn’t require a written prescription. The eyepatch, unbranded bandage, and wooden cane are the remaining few.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
We have a body camera, right? I’d make sure that’s on and recording this co-worker’s disgusting behavior. I’d call for backup over the radio, explain what’s happening and where. Splitting them up would be the more logical next step, so I’d do that. If I can even manage that I would check the inmate for any major damage.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I’ll react accordingly, assess the situation as fast as possible, unholster my X26 Taser and tase the person who’s assaulting my co-worker. If we’re incredibly outnumbered, I’d reach for my radio to call for backup. There’s not much I can do by myself in those kinds of unfair fights, so I’ll do my best to protect and serve to the best of my ability.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Report it to the commissioner. For something so serious as helping out a criminal organization, any and all proof should be forwarded to the lead. The KPD doesn’t need any more people to drag its name through the dirt.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
No amount of dirt money could possibly be worth all the commotion that follows after letting a criminal free. The KPD doesn’t need anymore issues than it already has. They’re criminals anyway, they’ll get short shrift from me if they dare try it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread