Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Oliverium
What's the title of your suggestion?: KPD Cleanup Crew

What's your suggestion?:
Get KPD a new uniform (hazmat?) and give them crime scene clean up jobs in addition to their usual duties!

How will this benefit the server and community?:
SRP is full of crimes, murders, and messes when it comes to criminal activity. Giving KPD an added job of "Crime Scene Cleanup" would make SRP better for a lot of reasons!

It doesn't have to be a separate role, I was just thinking that the KPD uniform list can come with a cleanup suit, like a hazmat suit? Give them come heavy duty cleaning supplies like bleach and such and give them some clean up jobs!

My character had to deal with finding a body of someone he loved in his apartment, blood everywhere. It was traumatic enough, but when he asked KPD a few days later if he can go back to his apartment he was met with some shocking news: We have everything we need evidence-wise, you can enter it and clean it up now. (At least they gave good cleaning advice when asked!)
Anyways, my point is, victims shouldn't have to deal with the clean up themselves. KPD should take care of their community and get the right supplies and clean it up so it can take a heavy burden off citizens of Karakura.

[Extra Idea] It would be nice to have a forums guide to cleaning for Caretakers and (maybe?) Crime Scene Cleanup Crews. Such as giving some examples of different supplies and their purposes, and how to go about roleplaying it.

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
neutral
I see where you are coming from, but I don't think they need an entire outfit for this. They can just simply just '/me cleans apartment/house/etc of the crime scene' and leave it at that

aoblossom

Level 15

Did some quick research on this, but law enforcement in real life does not do crime scene cleanups. The responsibility is left to the people who knew the deceased individual. This is because they do not have the knowledge or proper supplies to safely sanitize the crime scene. Now, I am not saying that there shouldn't be a cleanup crew, but I think a better alternative would be for a normal player to create a company that provides such services. Like what Squidjees said, it would be an interesting roleplay moment, but I don't think KPD should have to focus on cleaning up a crime scene.

Last edited:

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+

As a KPD member myself, this would derive our time from focusing on the actual crime. Although it would be good roleplay, it wouldn't have reason behind it and officers or detectives are not responsible for cleaning up crime scenes. If it needs to be cleaned up, it will be. If it doesn't, it's for the home owner, business owner, property owner, you name it, to clean it up.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1

I’m all for this, would add heaps more realism to KPD and crime. That said I also think this could be incorporated into a verified business if it flops and whoever owns the business can work with yonio to set up a system where the business workers can come in and clean crime scenes

Classicalist

Level 87
+1, As a detective I would love to do more crime scene related stuff. More than collecting evidence, I know cleaning up and detail roleplay isnt for everyone but i would personally really enjoy this!

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
neutral
I see where you are coming from, but I don't think they need an entire outfit for this. They can just simply just '/me cleans apartment/house/etc of the crime scene' and leave it at that
U can’t lie bro KPD would look so silly in hazmat suits

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- After discussing it with the faction lead, it doesn't seem entirely necessary as the role itself (should we implement one) wouldn't see much action as well as the role already being carried out by some officers during larger situations.​

Users who are viewing this thread