mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KPD having to roll to tase when in range of a weapon

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
I vaguely remember this being brought up before. . . anywho

Basically everything that ghostfireswords said applies. Gang fighting is mainly about Gang VS. Gang, not Gang VS. KPD. You're meant to stay away from fighting them, which is why they have access to tasers and tranq guns and such. Not having to roll to taze not only really makes sense, seeing as they only need to pull a trigger and properly aim (and before you say they have to roll to hit you or not, they can shoot at you but they can still miss if their aim sucks, so why roll for it another time?) whilst attackers need to action to actually swing at them, since that's a bit more complicated than pulling a trigger

KPD is meant to be a somewhat overpowering force, after all they're the 'good-bad' for the criminals, the people who shut us down. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with having them not roll for attempting (since they can still miss) to taze someone, since it's just a trigger pool, and they are meant to be overpowering (but not totally OP, which they aren't). It more so stimulates. criminals to stay away from cops, if not gather a large crowd of gang members to take down one cop. Which is actually what would make it be gangRP, since you need more than 1 person for it to be gangRP.

Plus, this only goes for weapons such as Tasers and Tranq guns. Any other form of action IS rolled for by officers (Restraining, arresting, punching, kicking, grabbing, shield, etc.) In some form it already has been 'nerfed', seeing as KPD members now need to action to taze, cause if I'm not mistaken there was a time where they could just taze you.. no questions or actions asked. Of course, KPD uses keybinds for this, but still, they can't taze people mindlessly now

Besides, a tazer is not a lethal option, so I don't see why this can't be a little more punishing. Back when glocks were a thing, officers had to both action to raise their gun and shoot it when they wanted to shoot someone in a lethal era, essentially extending the timer for someone if they were on the inevitable verge of death by getting shot. But a tazer is just a stun that at most will get you arrested, so from that point onwards really it just depends on if you have people to back you up or not for if one of you gets tazed, since they can't taze em all at the same time.

Harming cops requires a group and planning, else this stuff happens.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+

Basically everything that ghostfireswords said applies. Gang fighting is mainly about Gang VS. Gang, not Gang VS. KPD. You're meant to stay away from fighting them, which is why they have access to tasers and tranq guns and such. Not having to roll to taze not only really makes sense, seeing as they only need to pull a trigger and properly aim (and before you say they have to roll to hit you or not, they can shoot at you but they can still miss if their aim sucks, so why roll for it another time?) whilst attackers need to action to actually swing at them, since that's a bit more complicated than pulling a trigger

KPD is meant to be a somewhat overpowering force, after all they're the 'good-bad' for the criminals, the people who shut us down. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with having them not roll for attempting (since they can still miss) to taze someone, since it's just a trigger pool, and they are meant to be overpowering (but not totally OP, which they aren't). It more so stimulates. criminals to stay away from cops, if not gather a large crowd of gang members to take down one cop. Which is actually what would make it be gangRP, since you need more than 1 person for it to be gangRP.

Plus, this only goes for weapons such as Tasers and Tranq guns. Any other form of action IS rolled for by officers (Restraining, arresting, punching, kicking, grabbing, shield, etc.) In some form it already has been 'nerfed', seeing as KPD members now need to action to taze, cause if I'm not mistaken there was a time where they could just taze you.. no questions or actions asked. Of course, KPD uses keybinds for this, but still, they can't taze people mindlessly now

Besides, a tazer is not a lethal option, so I don't see why this can't be a little more punishing. Back when glocks were a thing, officers had to both action to raise their gun and shoot it when they wanted to shoot someone in a lethal era, essentially extending the timer for someone if they were on the inevitable verge of death by getting shot. But a tazer is just a stun that at most will get you arrested, so from that point onwards really it just depends on if you have people to back you up or not for if one of you gets tazed, since they can't taze em all at the same time.

i agree with everything here except the last paragraph because taser = glock in terms of when to roll and when to action, only difference is we had to action to aim for a specific place in the same action we'd also shoot

(this is not relevant information i just wanted to be a geek sorry simplez)

Arad

Level 12

I don't agree with this suggestion. If KPD already has their taser out then realistically they shouldn't have to roll to taze you. The simple fact is KPD is meant to be avoided when committing crimes realistically. If you get caught and tazed thats your own fault and you should have tried your best to avoid the KPD, now during combat situations in which their tazer is not out then they should roll, but from reading everything you just seem to be salty that you can't fight back against them. The KPD in that clip did the proper thing. They don't need to roll to taze you lol.
no way you just called me salty lol, im making a suggestion

Arad

Level 12

before reading through all of this, how is it possible to miss if you aren't allowed to move and have to be stood still whilst in combat with them? Obviously they can miss when you're out of range but I'm not saying they have to roll for that

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

LETS PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE GUYS BECAUSE I THINK YOUR STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND HOW A TRIGGER WORKS.

Officer Do Men is being jumped by Noriki Kirishiky!!!

Do Men is in range and actions to pull their tazer out!!!

Noriki Kirishiky actions to knock her tazer out of range but has stumpy legs so she misses!!

Do Men pulls what you call a "Trigger" and tazes Noriki!! Because its a trigger and triggers work almost immediately, Noriki is immediately tazed!!

end of scenario!!

Hey, guess what we also have to aim when using our tazers. And since half of KPD (Minus Eco) suck at krunker we have aim worse than new borns. Even in close range if we miss the hitbox or get a hitbox glitch oyu arent tazed.

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
, how is it possible to miss if you aren't allowed to move and have to be stood
hitboxes of tasers are quite weird. always have been

You can taze someone else by accident if you're not paying much attention. And an officer missed their taser on me once when I was standing still cuz they were moving their mouse too frantically so.. anything is possible

TcbIsEvil

Level 7
TcbIsAngel_
TcbIsAngel_
Rich+
not sure if I completely agree with what's being suggested but from seeing the clips tasers do seem broken, coming from someone who doesn't gangrp and they definitely need some changing
generally, tasers are supposed to be "single shot devices" while in the clips escaping the cops instead of fighting them seems impossible considering the fast reload rate/big range they got for a taser

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+

LETS PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE GUYS BECAUSE I THINK YOUR STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND HOW A TRIGGER WORKS.

Officer Do Men is being jumped by Noriki Kirishiky!!!

Do Men is in range and actions to pull their tazer out!!!

Noriki Kirishiky actions to knock her tazer out of range but has stumpy legs so she misses!!

Do Men pulls what you call a "Trigger" and tazes Noriki!! Because its a trigger and triggers work almost immediately, Noriki is immediately tazed!!

end of scenario!!

Hey, guess what we also have to aim when using our tazers. And since half of KPD (Minus Eco) suck at krunker we have aim worse than new borns. Even in close range if we miss the hitbox or get a hitbox glitch oyu arent tazed.
One, I do NOT suck at krunker!! I've beaten Eco PLENTY of times >:(

Anyways, -1
I don't agree with this statement, everything arguing it can already be found in this forum.

Popo

Level 35
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
This just feels like a suggestion cased for both GangRPers and KPD to go back and forth at each other, here are my four cents to dedicate per this suggestion: A Taser is a very effective weapon, all that's needed is to actually raise it slightly upwards (like a centimeter, or two) before sending the prongs at the assailant's legs (it's still as effective as shooting them anywhere else, because they'd become immobile). KPD realistically gets taught how to use a Taser at such a fast pace that outmatches anyone trying to raise their katana upwards, or swerving it to the right, or to the back to slice something off/put them on a bleedout timer/pierce an organ in their body.

Per the two clips aforementioned, here are a few things that need to be taken into consideration: Aradicle went for the officer character belonging to Rios alone, without any major assistance. This is overall very unrealistic, because no one should be going one to one against an officer (in game or in real life), defies everything here.

The other mistake that was made in the second clip is that although there were like fifteen to twenty GangRPers overall around, and only four to five officers, they made the mistake of only surrounding Angel's character and putting all of their manpower into targeting that character instead of distributing their manpower to individually attack every officer in the surrounding region.

Overall, as both a GangRP and KPD enthusiast

Melotism

Level 13
Melotism
Melotism
Omega+

I just dont agree on this one. Reasons are mixed from the replies above

'Thats what she said' -Melody​

Arad

Level 12
IGN: Aradicle
DATE:11th November

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY: I believe KPD having to roll to tase someone when in range should be brought back and is common sense, first of all officers having a much higher chance of outrolling you when you try to attack them then being able to honor insta tasing/ending you is completely unfair. Realistically if someone is holding a weapon 2 block range from a taser they should have to roll to shoot it. Please bring back KPD actions not just being honoured to give gangrpers a fair chance, it forces us to gather 6 man groups to be able to have a chance against 1-2 cops because each of their turns guarantee someone being put out of the fight without having any chance of not being tased. Pretty much if you miss your attack which is likely, the officer has a guaranteed chance of tasing you.

Fights against KPD practically rely on gangrpers getting lucky and rolling against /roll 200, the second they miss they’re out of the fight. Imagine fighting someone who is guaranteed to finish you in one singular blow with no chance of them missing, KPD should have to roll to tase when in range change my mind. #makeitbalanced

Edit: At the very least I believe certain weapons in range of a KPD officer should be allowed to deny the taser and make them roll to shoot it in range. For example a katana should have to be rolled against to tase.

For everyone saying that its realistic, I'm aware that IRL you wouldnt be able to stop a KPD officer from pressing the trigger and tasing you.
But this is roleplay and I just made this suggestion to make it slightly more fair when attempting to fight KPD and am not basing it off complete realism and rather on the roleplay experience

Users who are viewing this thread