PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
LittleDude314

Previous bans (include appeal links):
N/A

Discord Tag:
LittleDude314#6686

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do have a working microphone. I can communicate with others in VC's, as well as being able to communicate through text.

Timezone & Country:
Central Standard Time (CST) & USA

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
I typically play at least once a day, even if it's just for one or two hours. For the most part, I can play 1-6 hours a day, however, as of recently I've been decreasing in activity due to a severe family matter. As of recently, I get most of my hours at 10 pm and later (in CST), however on the weekends I tend to play more during midday. Once my family matters are clear, I can reasonably speculate that I will be on for most of the night during weekends, and most of the day after school (3:15). Due to me being on during the night, I rarely see lawyers on the server. If I were to get the job, I would be the only American lawyer, and I could cover hours of the day that aren't as accessible to my peers.

As for my activity on the server, I tend to play with my friends most of the time, however, if they are not online, or I'm feeling in the mood, I will go roleplay with others. I have met several people along the way, making new friends and great acquaintances. I have learned plenty about the server from my peers throughout my time playing. I also frequently try to improve the city through my constitutional and legal rights. I use my great communication skills and connections with others to sign petitions to improve aspects of the city (such as a petition for more housing). I have presented these petitions to the governor (DarkEcliptic) and even they think it's great as long as I follow the law. My goal is to leave an impact on this town in some way.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
I am applying for one of the Lawyer Positions

What is your motivation for applying?:
Ever since I was a child (OOC) I have always been interested in becoming a Lawyer. I've always found trials and cases captivating, as well as the process that goes into everything a lawyer does. Even in grade school, I would go to the "career days" dressed as a lawyer. Most of this interest stems from problems within my family regarding custody. Nevertheless, I've done plenty of research on everything the job entails, and I've gotten myself familiar with the job. Recently, I've been very interested in the topic of law and I would like to express this recently renewed interest in this server. I feel as though a lawyer would be a good position for my character, as he is very communicative and meticulous.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I have a firm grasp of both the laws and the Constitution. I frequently view them for my enjoyment, and have most articles committed to memory (however I have not yet associated the article number with the article contents).

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
I have several goals for both IC and OOC that I'd wish to attain. Here are two bulleted lists indicating each goal.

IC GOALS:

- Represent family-related clients to bring justice and equity.
- Represent the community by working on and bringing light to critical areas of concern.
- Present and demonstrate law in an organized manner to help others understand and apply concepts.
- Work toward fair and just settlements or compromises that leaves both parties involved satisfied.
- Apply unconventional and interesting thinking to other areas of life.
- Become someone that you can trust and look up to, not only within the law or the government but in general as well.
- Help anyone who needs the assistance of a lawyer, no matter who they are.

OOC GOALS:

- Learn more about law, trials, and experience with the court.
- Get to know the rest of my peers in the faction.
- Experience one of my most profound interests firsthand.
- Get to know more about the server, particularly the government faction.
- Be the easygoing attorney that you won't have trouble talking to.
- Learn more about the process that goes into trials and cases within the server.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:

The lawyer's position within the government plays a crucial role. Lawyers can take on multiple roles, such as a prosecutor, or a defense attorney. In criminal cases, some government lawyers work as prosecutors, representing the state and pursuing justice for victims. Alternatively, A defense attorney specializes in representing individuals and entities facing criminal charges, or legal accusations. Although there are several different types of attorneys, all attorneys practice law to represent clients and deliver justice. Lawyers find evidence such as physical documents, videos, photos, or several other forms of evidence through depositions and affidavits. They typically need to find loopholes or weak points to bring about new evidence or to counter the opposing party. If the case still goes to trial, the lawyer has the responsibility of representing their client by elaborating on topics constructed from their evidence to present to the Judge or Jury. A lawyer's job, above all else, is to protect their clients. Another one of the attorney's functions is representing the government in legal matters. These matters contain civil cases, administrative hearings, and regulatory issues. Acting as advocates for the government's interests, they skillfully defend government actions when challenged by the court. These lawyers adeptly handle contract negotiations and reviews, manage litigation processes, and actively contribute to policy development. Despite all the variations, all lawyers must have certain skills and attributes. Lawyers are typically proficient in debating and reasoning, as well as being extremely well-composed. They must also be impartial, and not have any preference or bias against or for any party. In conclusion, the lawyer position within the government involves representing their clients in lawsuits and trials, representing the government's interests in legal matters, and providing legal advice.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I acknowledge that I may be removed at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I understand and I will be entirely devoted and loyal to my position as a lawyer if accepted.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I am aware that any display of bias will result in punishment, however, lawyers are intended to be impartial to any outside relations, so I plan to honor this responsibility and eliminate any preference.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have read and agree to follow all Government Faction rules.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I will most likely be able to attend any meetings or events, however, as of recently, I would only be able to attend the ones later in the day.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:
Cody Peck

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr

Current age:

Date of birth:
03/14/93

justia-altmanllp-com.png
(Officiated internship stamp at ''Altman & Altman LLP'' institution in Cambridge, Massachusetts)

Academic Degree:
Master of Laws (LL. M.) Magna cum laude [Harvard Law, 2019]
Juris Doctorate Degree [Harvard Law, 2018]
Master's Degree in Law [Prior Law Internship, 2014]

Major(s):
Criminology and Criminal Justice
Law

Minor(s):
Computer Science
Music

(Officiated stamp at ''Harvard Law School'' in Cambridge, Massachusetts)

Work experience:
I have several work experiences, and I shall list each one and form a list of everything that I have experienced or learned at the said establishment.

----------------------

Internship at ''Altman & Altman LLP'' Cambridge, Massachusetts [2012-2014]
- Introduced to working in the law setting.
- Become comfortable with working inside a law firm.
- Attended court and client meetings to acquire a deeper insight into the complexities of legal procedures.

Paralegal for ''Altman & Altman LLP'' Cambridge, Massachusetts [2015-2018]
- Learned how to gather helpful evidence for trials and cases.
- Sorted and organized legal documents.
- Learned to research information on relevant laws and regulations to help prepare drafts of legal documents for lawyers.
- Conditioned to the long hours and heavy workload of a typical lawyer.
- First-hand experience with the "discovery" process that lawyers must undergo.
- Worked alongside other attorneys, which strengthened my knowledge of the lawyer position.

----------------------

Many of the things I have done as an intern I have elaborated upon during my time as a paralegal. Most experiences are shared between both.

Political background:
Though both my parents lean toward the left, I have never had any preference for either party. Not that I particularly dislike politics, but I have never really preferred one party over the other. Though I relish discussing politics, however, I do not support any political views in particular. I view politics as one's personal preference. Their preference should not alter my view or opinion of them at all. Like most things, I'd prefer to stay unbiased and as neutral as possible. Being impartial in politics gives me the advantage of representing my clients in the most equitable way possible.

Nationality & born location:
American nationality, "Northwestern Memorial Hospital", Illinois, The United States of America.

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
English, Japanese, Spanish

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
Motivations, knowledge, and character. These three qualities are what I believe make me a strong candidate for this job.

---------------------------

I grew up with a strong sense of justice, as my cousins, who I had grown as close as brothers, were taken away from me at a young age. When their parents lost custody, my parents temporarily had custody of them. I had grown so close to them that they were equivalent to siblings. Day by day, one by one, they were ripped apart from me. Being an only child, this deeply hurt me and established my desire for justice. Ever since then, I've aspired to be a lawyer, seeking out justice for any family matters to ensure that no other child must go through an experience similar to my own. Through this experience, I have gathered a deep empathy for those who had unfortunately been affected by similar circumstances. This empathy and drive for justice fuels my motivation to become a lawyer. My goal is to represent any clients that need help with any of their family issues, not just ones related to custody.

Another useful trait is my extensive knowledge of the law. I have obtained the highest level of schooling at one of the most, if not the most prestigious Ivy League school. I graduated Magna cum laude at Harvard Law School and received my Master of Law degree (LL. M.), as well as my Juris Doctorate a few years prior. I've also had plenty of law experience through my work at "Altman & Altman LLP" as an intern and a paralegal. My time as an intern familiarized me with the day of an attorney. I filed paperwork, worked with my peers, and attended several client meetings to gain knowledge on depositions and other similar affairs. Shortly afterward, I applied for a paralegal, since I was still learning law and trying to get my degree. I had struck a deal with the firm to work as a paralegal and attend school at the same time. This was rough, however, I feel that this experience helped shape my tolerance for high workloads and my aptitude for time management. In my time as a paralegal, I expanded upon my understanding of the lawyer experience. I became heavily experienced in the paperwork department. I learned how to gather useful evidence, sort and organize legal documents, and most importantly, I learned to research information on relevant laws and regulations to help prepare drafts of legal documents. During my course as a paralegal, I have also had the opportunity to work with lawyers. Working with lawyers was crucial for developing my understanding of the job, and further motivating me to acquire it. I obtained first-hand experience with numerous cases. I became much more knowledgeable on the process of litigation, as well as the importance of clients. These experiences helped shape my perspective on the law to this day. My schooling has informed me of textbook aspects of being a lawyer, as well as how to think like a lawyer. However, more importantly, my work experience taught me what the job is like, and all of the actual proceedings that occur. My time at Altman & Altman helped me work through each stage of a lawsuit. From the beginnings of pleadings to the paralegal's specialized work of discovery, all the way through motions and into trial, if necessary. Yet, I could not accept any job offers because I was moving to Japan since I had decided to move to meet with the rest of my family. In preparation for my move, I decided to research the laws and constitution of Karakura, considering that I have planned on becoming a lawyer in my new town. I have memorized most articles of the constitution, and have become very familiar with the laws and regulations. Even though I feel I have an adequate understanding of these, I will still refer to them as necessary.
In conclusion, my extensive schooling and my instructive work experiences have made me very knowledgeable in the law, which makes me a firm candidate.

The final, and most important reason I believe that I am a strong contender, is my character. I carry multiple traits that make me especially suitable for the lawyer position. Below I have organized a neat list detailing every trait that I have, why attorneys must have, and why it applies to me.

Passionate:
A fundamental aspect of successful lawyers is their genuine passion for their profession. Those who wholeheartedly love their work tend to experience greater happiness, fulfillment, and superior performance. The finest attorneys exhibit a profound affection for the law, from the process of learning it to its practical application. This passion knows no exceptions, as dedicated lawyers persistently pursue knowledge long after graduating from law school, driven by an unquenchable thirst for learning. As stated earlier, I have strong motivations for my work. Ever since I was young, I had a powerful desire for justice and equity. I am very passionate, not only about the law but about serving anguished clients as well. I carry a strong drive to learn and apply it to other concepts whenever possible.

Compassionate:
When working with individual clients, emotions often come into play. Compassion is a crucial element that propels a lawyer toward their fullest professional potential. Demonstrating empathy can greatly ease your client's journey through uncertain times and serves as a testament to your genuine concern for their case. A lawyer dedicated to advocating for and assisting their clients is bound to discover profound meaning and success in their career path. While maintaining a professional distance from particularly challenging situations is essential, your capacity for compassion proves invaluable when engaging with clients. It fosters a sense of trust and support, ultimately contributing to a more positive client experience. Though my compassion at first appears to be a downside, It has helped secure clients on numerous occasions. During my time as a paralegal, I would frequently go on trips with attorneys to gather evidence. My clear compassion has not only fostered a connection with my own clients but also fosters trust with opposing counsel's clients.

Level-Headedness/Composure:
Amid intense court cases, it becomes crucial to maintain emotional equilibrium while representing your client. While displaying a passion for cases holds significance, composure in the courtroom is equally essential. Exhibiting respect and professionalism towards the judge and all parties involved not only benefits your client's position but also enhances your standing as a reputable lawyer. Striking this balance is vital for effective advocacy. Throughout my life, I have been known by my peers for keeping a level head and never getting irate. I am unsure why this is the case, but it has become who I am. I never let my emotions take control, and I have always remained calm and collected in everything I do.

Patient:
Court cases can be lengthy, spanning from months to even years. Patience is crucial to maintain motivation during this extended and complex process. Demonstrating composure also helps you uphold professionalism both inside and outside the courtroom. This quality becomes particularly beneficial when dealing with clients eager to learn their verdict, as you may need to inform them about the duration of this process. Along with displaying composure, being patient is also one of my defining characteristics. All of my peers and friends know me for having an immense amount of patience. I have no trouble remaining patient for months and years with no tribulation.

Skeptical:
In the domain of successful attorneys, balanced skepticism is a key attribute. This doesn't imply pessimism or negativity, but rather an awareness that opposing counsel's arguments may not present the complete picture. Seasoned lawyers have likely encountered the mistake of believing someone without adequate verification at least once in their career. Clients and witnesses often omit crucial details, setting the stage for unfortunate surprises later on. Hence, successful attorneys consistently maintain this healthy skepticism as a safeguard against potential pitfalls. I have always been skeptical about anything that I have been involved in. I have trouble trusting others, which could prove useful for the lawyer position.

Persistence/Perseverance:
Perseverance stands as a defining trait among successful lawyers. It serves as a common denominator attribute in their achievements. The readiness to endure and never surrender becomes the foundation for winning numerous cases. Embracing late nights, overturning seemingly lost causes, or going to great lengths for their clients becomes a hallmark of exceptional lawyers. The legal field is undeniably tough, and there's no need to sugarcoat it, practicing law demands considerable effort. What sets successful attorneys apart is their ability to persevere through difficult times, ultimately reaching the rewarding and fulfilling moments that make it all worthwhile. When I'm motivated for something, I'll go to the ends of the earth to complete whatever task is in question. Despite all challenges that come, I make sure to give it my all to overcome them.

Communicative:
At its core, the role of attorneys centers around effective communication. They engage with their clients, interact with other parties involved in the case, and present their arguments before the court. However, lawyers go beyond these basic interactions and utilize diverse communication methods. A skilled attorney excels at conveying crucial ideas through formal legal writing, informal emails, phone conversations, official legal settings, and private discussions. Yet, communication encompasses more than just speaking, it also involves attentive listening. Attuned to client concerns and adept at identifying weaknesses in opposing arguments or depositions, lawyers must be exceptionally keen listeners. Strong communication skills ensure that both clients and the jury comprehensively grasp the attorney's message. My communication skills are very strong, as I frequently interact with others for a multitude of reasons. I have made friends and acquaintances alike, as well as made business partners and clients for my friend's business. I use my vast knowledge of speech to persuade others to get involved with my businesses and offers. I have helped my friend with his business, as well as convinced plenty of people to sign a petition.

In conclusion, my driving motivations, my extensive knowledge, and my crucial character traits come together to make me the best candidate for the lawyer position.

All images used are subject to the copyright of their original company.

View attachment 49287

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread