Miamorchito
Omega+
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
Miamorchito

Discord Tag:
nicolin

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do have a working microphone and I am able to speak when needed.

Timezone & Country:
CST (USA)

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
I play on this server almost everyday after I'm done with classes. The hours usually range but I have been very consistent on keeping a good schedule in terms of games/study. Logically, I am more active during the weekends than on weekdays, same with breaks and vacations. Here's a table showing my availability, which is used in SRP most of the time.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
14:00 - 24:00
14:00 - 17:00 | 19:00 - 24:00
14:00 - 02:00
10:00 - 02:00
10:00 - 24:00

This is my availability during College. On vacations I have an availability of 24 hours, I can join whenever I'm called since I have nothing else to do.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
I like to be involve in arguments; not the ones involved in insults or heated fights with people, but the true arguments, the ones where people express their points and the other party hear it with respect. Since a young age I was involved in these types of conversations, since arguments for me means a bridge for new perspectives or knowledge to be found. When I graduated high school, I immediately planned how to become a lawyer, which is currently my plan when I moved to the US; finishing College and apply for Law School. I was never keen in reading, but I always found myself intrigued with reading laws or even constitutions, which I still do, and that has only risen my motivations to become a lawyer in real life. It's also worth adding that one of my motivations to become a lawyer was my mother, a very good lawyer back in my hometown, who raised me and brought me to her office multiple times, where I felt in love with the environment and the way she worked.
Now, in SRP, the story is not any different. I engaged myself in many discussions with people, many times reaching common ground as I learned more and more. In my free time, I usually read the Karakura Constitution and Laws, trying to be informed in the topics surrounding politics in the server and even attending the courtroom to see the cases myself, a thing that I always enjoyed since sometimes cases bring some funny and interesting perspective for the lawyer to defend or bring up; on these courts I usually write down some information myself so when I get free time I run simulations of what would I say if this was my client or not (I have a lot of free time don't judge me).

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I have a good understanding of Karakura's laws and Constitutional rights. I keep them checked regularly to see if there's any modifications, as well as keep myself informed with any updates from the government regarding this.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Yes, if I get to be a lawyer in SRP, I have some goals that I would like to accomplish. The most basic one is to become a great lawyer, being able to effectively defend my client and provide one of the best, if not the best, service that Karakura has seen. Now I know that this is hard, which is why this is one of my long-term goals; there's so much to learn, but I can ensure that my passion in learning and wanting to become better will not fade with time. My secondary goal is to create a respected and serious character, connected with the people; in other words someone willing to help the good citizen in Karakura.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
Lawyers are the ones in charge of defending their clients when they attend a trial. They will need to be well informed about the case, and work along the laws and constitution to provide the best outcome for their client. As a lawyer, the main goal is to provide the judge enough evidence to present the best chances for your client, as the lawyer's main goal is centered around them. Aside from that, they will keep a close connection with their clients, being confident and reliant in getting the information needed, as well as answering any concerns or doubts people may have.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Of course

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Yes, I am willing and more than happy to attend the weekly meetings and events.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Ji Kim

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr.

Current age:

Date of birth:
November 15

Academic Degree:
Masters

Major(s):
LLM

Minor(s):
N.A

Work experience:
"When I completed my JD in the University of Seoul, I was offered an opportunity to work in a small law firm, where I worked for around 3 years while studying my Masters in Law. It was a very demanding job, but the people there were very professional and helped me settle in very fast. The firm itself was centered around business law, working around small and medium size business, as well as some cases of civil law. The work was as one can expect it, I was in charge of keeping track of documents as well as being sent to represent some clients."

Nationality & born location:
Korean
Seoul, South Korea

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Korean
Japanese (Default)

Criminal record:
No previous criminal records.

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
"I believe to be a great candidate for this position since I posses a LLM, one of the highest degrees required for being a Lawyer. Now, I understand that being a lawyer is not always a good title, many lawyers can be good regardless on what title they have. Nevertheless, the title is a prove that I am more than capable of dealing with this job in a professional and adequate manner. Aside from that, I believe myself to be a focused individual. Since I started studying Law, I set high expectations of myself, which helped in getting myself a JD. Now, the requirements for being a Lawyer back in my home country were extremely high, I was expected to perform above everyone else to even consider applying for a LLM, which I fortunately did thanks to prioritizing what's important. I believe this would be no difference, I set my goals and I am very determined in completing them. Finally, there is also my previous experience working at a small firm in Korea. I was considered a good employee for the firm, workaholic you may say; I loved it, and the passion in working really helped in my performance. I believe that if I am accepted, that same passion would be present, I am very passionate in doing what I love, and I love to work as a lawyer."

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @adalynoc to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread