Ne0nRider

Level 10

Out of Character | Basic information

What is your in-game name?:

My in-game name is Ne0nStar

Do you have discord? (If so, what is your username):

Yes, I do. My discord is Ne0n#9304

Do you have a microphone?

Yes, I do, and I can participate in calls.

List your timezone and country:

My time zone is EEST and I live in Romania.

How active are you on the server?:

I am usually on for about 6 to 7 hours a day; my maximum reaching around 12 hours. I am active daily, if I am not on holiday, if I am busy with real-life matters I will be on for around 2 to 3 hours. I have alts I roleplay on and enjoy doing so. My preferred one right now is my professor character. This is because it lets me interact with college students as an assertive figure while teaching them all sorts of interesting information about the subject I teach. Also, I get to act more mature in roleplay while playing this character. Though I just stated my professor character is my preferred one as of now, I also enjoy my other one which is on the college baseball team. I roleplay on it a lot due to it being a character I've had for quite a while and have fond memories with. Most of the people I've met know me through my college character which I spent most of my time this past year on SRP with. I have been playing since mid-winter of 2019 and have grown very fond of the server and its player base hence why I'm planning on being active for at least 1 to even 2 more years on the server.

Do you have any previous bans? (If so, link your appeals):

On this account, I do not but I have on another account which I can state in DMS if deemed necessary.

Link any past applications below:

Korean Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.33402/ {Accepted}

College Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application.32371/ {Accepted}

JSL Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.37117/ {Accepted}

Professor Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/professor-application.40092/ {Accepted}

French Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application-2.40365/ {Accepted}

Malagasy Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application-1-2-0.40413/#post-126813 {Accepted}

German Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application-1.41423/ {Accepted}

JSL Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application-2.41424/ {Accepted}

Malagasy Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application-1.40362/ {Denied}

Hospital Application

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ne0nriders-application.34044/ {Denied}

Out of Character | Morals & ideas

What position are you applying for?:

I am applying for the Lawyer position.

What is your motivation for applying?:

I have more than just a few reasons for why I'm applying so, I hope the following list will be able to help clarify and make you understand them thoroughly.

Earning Potential

Lawyers are one of the highest-paid professions in the legal field in real life and I think that incentive will be present in SRP as well. If you stop and actually think about it, I don't think anyone that's part of the Law Faction will be disappointed when it comes to salary. I also believe that lawyers will be able to make more than even judges based on how efficient, effective and documented in their field they are. As with any other profession, the better you are, the more rewards you will receive; in this case, most likely being money. Sacrificing time, energy, and resources towards becoming one of the best in Karakura will be hard, but I think it will be very rewarding and worth every single second.

The Prestige

A career as a lawyer has been a hallmark of prestige for generations. Impressive degrees and a certain authority over others have placed lawyers in an elite circle of professionals. They command respect and embody the definition of success. Lawyers enjoy a unique professional status and an often glamorous image, perpetuated by the media. I think I speak for most people, dare I say all people, when I say that most of us see lawyers as qualified individuals. They should be commemorated for all of the knowledge they absorbed for the sake of their job and helping other people, along with their professionalism.

Being Altruistic

Lawyers are in a unique position to help individuals, groups, and organizations with their legal problems and to further the public good. Public interest lawyers champion legal causes for the greater good of society and help those in need of legal assistance who might not otherwise be able to afford attorneys.

Real-life lawyers in private practice often perform pro bono work to help low-income individuals and underserved portions of the population, such as the elderly, victims of domestic abuse, and children. In fact, many bar associations require that attorneys commit to a certain number of pro bono hours each year. If you look at it from a different perspective you could, in theory, compare a lawyer to a doctor. For example, they both attempt to save people in dire situations, sometimes even being their last resort. I think it's important that professions that impact the world around them with such a high magnitude are always assigned to people that are naturally good and have a good sense of justice.

The Intellectual Challenge

Working as a lawyer is one of the most intellectually rewarding jobs on the planet. From helping to patent a trade secret, to devising a trial strategy, or even forming a multi-million dollar merger, lawyers can be key to success. They are problem-solvers, an@lysts (I placed @ since the site won't let me spell the word), and innovative thinkers whose intellect is crucial to career success. A lawyer has two main duties: to uphold the law while also protecting a client’s rights. To carry out these duties, a lawyer should understand the law and be an effective communicator. These two duties seem easy enough at the first glance but I believe they require an extensive amount of thought and careful planning especially when dealing with such important matters. For example, if a lawyer must work with someone who is accused of a heinous crime. They must manipulate the grid of law and order to win out against the opposition; think of it as a dance. It’s truly an art form in itself and only the most dedicated, skilled, and determined can keep up.

Diverse Practice Areas

Increased industry segmentation and specialization have led to a broad array of sub-specialties in the legal field. Lawyers can specialize in one or several niche areas, ranging from bread-and-butter practices such as employment law, foreclosure law, and civil litigation to specialties such as green law or intellectual property law. A lawyer isn't limited to only one field hence why some make more than others. Some fields are harder to be masterful in, therefore different kinds of lawyers require different knowledge and different skills.

Work Environments and Perks

The majority of lawyers work in law firms, the government, and corporations. In an age where cubicles have become the mainstay of the modern workplace, lawyers typically work in offices with four walls. Those in larger firms enjoy plush accommodations, ample support staff, and a variety of office perks ranging from gym memberships to box seats at sporting events.

Transferable Skills

A position such as this can open doors to new opportunities and serve as a stepping stone to other careers; even if you don’t decide to continue practicing law. The skills you'll develop while practicing this job can serve you well in careers such as legal consulting, management, writing, mediation, and scholarly work. This also implies that skills from other jobs that you've already had or have will come in handy in this field, such as being a KPD member and being an authoritative figure. Knowing how to keep your calm under tense situations, taking a step back from everything, and looking at the big picture can be a valuable skill not only in this line of work, but in life overall

Global Influence

Attorneys have stood at the center of society for centuries. They're in a unique position to affect societal change as lawmakers and forward thinkers. They write the laws, rule the courts, and hold influential positions in government. They're in a position to impact top policy makers and leaders, to effect, change the world around them. I believe they are a pillar of our society and hold an important role when it comes to how it functions overall.

Are you aware that you cannot discriminate against others in character or deny service due to race, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, etc?:

Yes, I do, and personally, I think people that do such things are backward and noncontributing members of society. It is my wish that one day this won't even be a necessary question, because everyone will have common sense. I have never done such things and never plan to. The idea of literally outcasting someone because they are different from you, without them having any interaction with you beforehand, is completely outlandish and I cannot see how this would be done for any reason.

What qualities prove you suitable for this role?:

Yet again I'm sorry for making a second list, but I believe this is the best way to format my answer for this question. I hope this list will help you understand my unique qualities better.

Good Communication Skills

Lawyers must be orally articulate, have good written communication skills, and also be good listeners. To argue convincingly in the courtroom before juries and judges, good public speaking skills are essential. Communication and speaking skills can be developed during your studies by taking part in activities such as mooting or general public speaking. Lawyers must also be able to write coherently, persuasively, and concisely, as they must produce a variety of legal documents. But it’s not all about projection. To be able to ****yze what clients tell them or follow a complex testimony, a lawyer must have good listening skills.

Righteous Judgment

The ability to draw reasonable, logical conclusions or assumptions from limited information is essential as a lawyer. You must also be able to consider these judgments critically so that you can anticipate potential areas of weakness in your argument that must be fortified against. Similarly, you must be able to spot points of weakness in an opposition's argument. Decisiveness is also a part of the judgment. There will be a lot of important judgment calls to make and little time for sitting on the fence.

An@lytical Skills
(I placed @ since the site won't let me spell the word)

Both the study and practice of law involve absorbing large quantities of information, then having to distill it into something manageable and logical. At times, there will be more than one reasonable conclusion, or more than one precedent applicable to resolving a situation. A lawyer must therefore have the evaluative skills to choose which is the most suitable.

Research Skills

Similarly, being able to research quickly and effectively is essential to understanding your clients, their needs, and to preparing legal strategies. Preparing legal strategies requires absorbing and comprehending large amounts of information, then distilling them down into something manageable and useful. Also, knowing where to look for the information can give you a major advantage over the other lawyers!

People Skills

Law is not an abstract practice. Regardless of how well someone does academically, at the end of the day lawyers work with people, on behalf of people, and the decisions that are made affect people's lives. They must be compassionate and genuine. They should know how to work with those around them and read them like an open book. This allows them to gauge juror’s reactions and the honesty of witnesses. This allows them to decide upon the best approach to achieve the desired outcome: either their clients taking their advice or reaching a favorable negotiation with the opposition.

Perseverance

“Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” Even studying to become a lawyer takes a great deal of perseverance and commitment – and that’s before you even start work! Typically, a lawyer will do an undergraduate law degree, an Legal Practice Certificate, and then a training contract before qualifying. Most will also complete a vacation scheme or some other kind of work experience. When working on a case, you must have the perseverance to complete the work necessary to drive it to a successful finish.

Creativity

The very top lawyers are not only logical and an@lytical (I placed @ since the site won't let me spell the word), but they display a great deal of creativity in their problem-solving. The best solution is not always the most obvious and to outmaneuver your challenger it is often necessary to think outside the box. This also can be applied to evidence gathering, if you cannot think of places where evidence could be obtained from you will be left in the dust by your competition.

Critical Thinking

A lawyer needs to be able to think fast in critical situations in the courtroom. They are put under a tremendous amount of stress since they are representing a person who has hired them to protect them. If they fail to do this, guilt may catch up with them and slowly break them down. Being able to act quickly and efficiently is completely necessary from my point of view.

Are you aware of the rules each person must follow?:

Yes, before applying for this position I have made sure to read the rules over and over so I could memorize them. In unique situations, they will come in handy so it's better to know them off the top of your head.

Are you familiar with the laws of Karakura?:

Yes, I already was but again before applying I have read them once more trying to memorize as many as I could. This will also come in handy in court cases where I would be needed to present evidence.

Do you have a good understanding of this position?:

Yes, I do, hence why I have done quite a bit of research on lawyers before applying.

Summarize what your position does:

Lawyer work involves advising clients on legal matters and advocating for their rights and interests. Read on for the requirements to become an attorney and for more details on what lawyers do.

Lawyers provide advice and recommendations to clients regarding their legal rights and obligations. Also known as an attorney, a lawyer represents individuals and businesses during legal proceedings and disputes. Lawyers' clients may include individuals, groups, or businesses. Lawyer work includes researching applicable laws and prior court rulings, preparing legal documents, and, when necessary, arguing cases in court. Through their education and work experience, attorneys can specialize in several areas including civil rights, employment law, immigration law, and intellectual property. On a day-to-day basis, lawyers typically meet with clients, conduct legal research, and prepare and file court documents. Attorneys may also appear in court to select jury members and argue cases for their clients. If they work in a large law firm, lawyers may frequently confer with colleagues and oversee paralegals and other support personnel. Specific duties depend on the area in which a lawyer specializes.

In Character | Questionnaire

Full Name:

Bruno Beckermann

Preferred name & Title:

Mr. Beckermann, Attorney/J.D.

Current age? (25+):

Past job experiences?:

After graduating from high school, l worked at a restaurant called "Johnny's" as a waiter for 1 year while I was going to college. After that 1 year, I resigned, finding a better job immediately after as a security guard at a nightclub called "La Vida Loca". I was a security guard for 2 years while still going to college. In my last year as a college student, I managed legal paperwork for a small local business called "Eden's Garden". After graduating and getting my bachelor's degree I went on to law school still working for that small business. It paid me well so I handled the paperwork throughout all of my time spent in law school. After graduating for 1 year I was a Project Assistant at "O'Melveny & Myers LLP". Upon quitting I went on and participated in "THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S HONORS PROGRAM".

How would you describe yourself?:

I am a hardworking man who pursues justice. Since I was young, my dad always taught me the difference between right and wrong. As I’ve grown up, I've seen a lot of people wrongfully accused of this and that, and I just couldn't stand it so I decided to pursue this career. I am also a man who can control his emotions and thought process under pressure. I like to try new things and put myself in situations that I know will challenge me so I can come out a better person. I am, in general, very persistent and passionate about everything I get myself into because I believe excelling at things is the greatest reward for a person. I think I'm also a very genuine person who has a lot of ambition, who will do anything to reach a goal they have set for themselves.

What plans do you have for the town?:

My plans consist of the following:

Serve People in Need

This means that I will do my very best to help each citizen of Karakura. I want to ensure that my work can help and protect those who cannot protect themselves. Over the last few years, I have grasped a good sense of how I could possibly help anyone that needs an attorney and I want to show that by excelling as a lawyer in this very town. Although I am very eager to work as a lawyer I hope to only represent people that aren't criminals. If I look at a case and clearly someone is accused with undeniable proof I wouldn't bother with the case.

Work Tirelessly

I believe the more work I put in and the more interest I have in the town as a whole, I will unveil more and more, making my job easier by providing evidence for people in court. Also, to help reduce crime as much as I can. I believe at the time I'm submitting this the crime in this town is a big problem and I want to help tackle it.

What jobs will you execute with this position?

I will help my clients as much as I possibly can. I will not let miscarriages of justice happen within the city, as it is my sole duty to protect and advise my clients and will protect them even in the worst situations they could put themselves in. I will get to the truth of every case I participate in. If unfortunately I am assigned a guilty person I will still try to advise them to the best of my ability but would ultimately fail since justice always prevails.

Do you practice any sort of religion?:

Christianity.

How did you get into politics?:

As I’ve stated before, my dad really made me pursue justice; being a strong model for me in life. After that, I pursued politics, as it can also influence some cases in the court so knowing in general about politics can be beneficial. Take the example of communicating with others in the workplace. Whether negotiating with a colleague, deciding whether to push an idea forward or to take a more diplomatic approach, or simply presenting an argument in a way that will make its acceptance more likely, those who have a greater awareness of the ‘politics’ are more likely to be successful. Unlike a ‘political manipulator’ who is seeking personal success at the expense of others, being politically aware like this delivers the type of success that everyone hopes to gain eventually. Also Kagan Beckermann, my brother, really inspired me to be more involved with politics since he was on the KPD and said it could be beneficial to me.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list your crimes:

N/A

Nationality & Born location:

German, Germany

Fluent languages: (Underline your native):

German, Japanese, Japanese Sign Language

Last edited:

oph

Level 165
ACCEPTED
Congratulations on being accepted for your role of choice!

Keep in mind that the rules stated in the format are strictly enforced and
certain acts can get you instantly removed from your position depending on the severity.

- After reading, you may DM me in order to get your roles set up. (Oph#1556)

- Ensure that you are in the following discord: KARAKURA TOWN

Users who are viewing this thread