reifumo

Previous bans (include appeal links):
none

Discord Tag:
m-j#0001

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes.

Timezone & Country:
I'm from Slovakia, Europe. My timezone is CET or GMT+2.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
My current playtime is 2 weeks, 1 day and 10 hours. I usually play for several hours a day, every day of the week, anywhere from 3pm to 12am. I used to be in a gang and managed to move up in the ranks (@/LordLucan can confirm this). However, it became inactive and I became busy, so I resigned. I also have a second character whom I play actively.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
I am applying for a Lawyer position.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I'm looking for a new way to contribute to the SchoolRP community by being active and as a criminal law enthusiast, I found the open position quite inviting.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I have an understanding of Karakura's laws and Constitutional rights.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Reiko originally entered the world of criminal justice intending to free people of false accusations and prove their innocence. However, after realizing that her goal is immature and frankly, impossible, she began utilizing ways that others might consider irrational and unprofessional. What makes Reiko special is that she's a scumbag. She'd use outrageous methods to prove her point; earning her quite the reputation. Despite her questionable ways, she can stand clear and prove her client innocent. Reiko assures people she cares about justice, but deep down she does it for the thrill, knowing she's good at what she does.
As a lawyer, I wish to provide roleplay opportunities to people by handing out business cards, for example. I aspire to get more involved with Karakura’s government faction, because I feel there wasn’t a way for me or my character to do so until now. I would be honored to defend or prosecute during criminal cases, as that is what I’m most passionate about.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
A lawyer or an attorney at law is a person who practices law. Separated into many categories, all tasked with different responsibilities within the government. Generally, lawyers are responsible for client intake and counseling, legal advice, protecting intellectual property, research of court papers, and of course, arguing a client's case in court. When it comes to oral arguments in the courts, two main parties come to mind; the prosecution and the defense. The prosecutor is the one that charges the defendant and argues in the name of the state. The defense attorney argues in the name of their client, either to reduce their sentence or clear them of all charges.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I am fully aware that I am subject to removal at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I understand that I am expected to be dedicated to my position, and I intend nothing but absolute devotion.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes, I am well aware that any OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have taken my time to read and have agreed to follow the Government Faction rules.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Yes, I am able to attend weekly meetings and events.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:
Reiko Onodera

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Ms.

Current age:

Date of birth:
March 30th, 1996

Academic Degree:
Juris Doctor / Doctor of Jurisprudence

Major(s):
Criminal Justice
Philosophy
Political Science
Psychology

Minor(s):
English
History
Economics

Work experience:
Childhood
I was raised in a seaside town named Kaga in Ishikawa prefecture. My father's side of the family, the Onodera family, has a history of taking care of a lighthouse on Katanomachi beach. Our family relies on 19th century technology and lightkeeper ways. From a young age, my twin brother and I were responsible for many things, such as trimming wicks, replenishing fuel and winding clockworks. When we got older, we were allowed access to the lens, tasked with cleaning it every day, as well as sounding the fog signal, responsibility for the weather station and keeping watch for anyone in need of rescue at sea. What I earned from this part of my life is strong morale and dedication to my work, for which I am very thankful.

Teenage years
During my studies, I worked at a convenience store, called King-Mart, where I had good relations with the clientele and staff. Though it may seem like an insignificant job, I learned how to communicate with people professionally, and how to solve conflicts in a timely and calm manner. Working in retail teaches one a great lesson in patience, which aids them in dealing with issues, customer complaints and requests. Another vital lesson I learned was to put my feelings aside and keep an unbiased view on the situation.

Adult life
While studying Keio University Law School in Tokyo, I worked as a Legal Research Assistant to my uncle, Benicio Vallelonga. I was hired thanks to my Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, academic experience in the field and good relations with my aforementioned uncle, who is a partner of Johnson, Jones & Vallelonga (JJV). My work was focused on research and ****ysis of information related to court cases which JJV was handling, transcribing hearings, validating affidavits and other depositions and being present during legal meetings. This experience has taught me many beneficial things, which a classroom had not.
Thanks to my earned experience at JJV, many junior students began reaching out to me for tutoring, so I requested access to one of the lecture halls. Twice a week, I would spend a couple of hours after school helping around 10 students with their studies and speaking of my experience in the field, which earned me a student award at the end of the term.

Political background:
I'm a liberal, but I stay out of any political debates. I find that they can insinuate unnecessary arguments if one is biased.

Nationality & born location:
I'm Japanese-Italian, born in Shirakawa-go, Gifu prefecture.

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
I speak Japanese, which is my native language, but I also speak fluent Italian, being taught by my Italian mother as a child.

Criminal record:
All clean. Spick-n-span, baby!

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:
I believe in justice and equality for everyone, which includes the fine citizens of Karakura. I never turn back on what's right, ever since I experienced that fire. Crazed cultists poured into the confines of a petite convenience store, seeking nothing but harm. After attempting to kidnap the owner's granddaughter, they lit the store on fire. I had always been a coward, but I chose not to run at this moment, and instead, I went into the bursting flames to help a coworker. Even though we didn't get along, I believe that all life is precious, and silly work arguments didn't matter whatsoever.

After the whole ordeal was over, I was called to the witness stand, and the atmosphere of the courtroom resonated with me. None of the cultists were ever arrested, and instead, the prosecution charged the owner's son with arson. He didn't stand a chance. I felt anger and resilience, wanting to open the jury's eyes myself, and have the investigation opened up again, but at that moment, I couldn't.

I began to study harder, devoting myself to criminal justice, philosophy, political science, and psychology to understand human behavior. I believe I have what it takes, from experience to academic excellence to people skills. With both my majors, minors, and a passion for justice, I'm ready to hurl myself into this familiar yet unfamiliar world, to find the truth and help those in need.

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, unfortunately I've decided to DENY this application

For better chances in future, try adding some more detail to your application, as well as avoid copying large amounts from your previously denied applications.

Users who are viewing this thread