Defense: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 20 (+5)

Cognitive Stats:
Mind: 15 (+2)
Charm: 14 (+2)
Spirit: 18 (+4)
Resolve: 17 (+3)

Luck: 16 (+3)

Shade is a Celestial Diviner and Keeper of the Stars, loyal to the demon Astaroth,
Mistress of the Night and Chaos of Time and Space
. Through her power, he could
command fate and shape it to his own whims, allowing him to break from his chains
previously withheld by the God of Death.

Class Progression:
Cleric Dark MageNecromancer Celestial Diviner → ???

Job Progression:
Occult AcolyteServant of Death Keeper of the Stars All-Seeing Overseer of the End

Main Weapon:
☽ Galaxy Collapser ☾

"WOW... A HIGHER-LEVEL SCYTHE? I... I CAN'T BE MORE HONORED!"
- Shade upon receiving the scythe from Haruka.
Weapon Class - Scythe
Elemental Affinity - Reality
Level - Master

☬ Soultaker of the 13 Apostles ☬
Weapon Class - Scythe
Elemental Affinity - Death
Level - Advanced

⚔ Sword of Void ⚔
Weapon Class - Sword
Elemental Affinity - Void
Level - Intermediate

˚₊‧꒰ა Evangelia's Song of Eternal Light ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Weapon Class - Sword
Elemental Affinity - Light

Level - Advanced
(Given to Eldrin)
❀ Warhammer of the Forest Lord ❀
Weapon Class - Hammer
Elemental Affinity - Earth
Level - Apprentice

⚡ Lightning Pierce ⚡
Weapon Class - Spear
Elemental Affinity - Lightning

Level - Apprentice
(Given to Aurora Pierce)

୨୧ Spiral Heart Moon Rod ୨୧
Weapon Class - Wand
Elemental Affinity - Astral/Light
Level - Master

☆ Dream Staff ☆
Weapon Class - Staff
Elemental Affinity - Astral
Level - Master

☢ Death's Herald of Pestilence ☢
Weapon Class - Scythe
Elemental Affinity - Nature/Death
Level - Master

-`♡´- Amour -`♡´-
Weapon Class - Bow
Elemental Affinity - Nature/Light
Level - Master

☠ Flesh Blade ☠
"I am never using this damned weapon in my entire

undead life."
Weapon Class - Sword
Elemental Affinity - Organic
Level - ???

☠︎︎ Main Feature: Unholy Diviner's Calling ☠︎︎
Shade is primarily a necromancer diviner of the summoner subclass. He could call
upon those he has signed pacts of loyalty with in order to aid him in combat or other
situations that require assistance. The more party members he gains, the stronger
his magic grows.

Secondary Feature: Worldly Iris
Shade gains his power from his Worldly Iris, granted to him by the God of Death
to maintain his undead body and store mana for self-defense. He regenerates this
mana through his iris at night and in dark areas
, while the daytime and light sources
hinder his regeneration. He casts much of his personal magic using the Worldly Iris,
which is often directed through his chosen weapon.

Magicka
+ Restorative Blessing +
Shade utilizes the magic of the God of Death to heal his allies!
(Aloe Vera and Bandaids)

Skill Type - Heal
Elemental Affinity - Life
Level - Novice

️ Requip ️
With the power of the moonlight, Shade is able to replace his weapons and
armor instantaneously. (Magical Girl Transformation!)
Skill Type - Summon
Elemental Affinity - Space
Level - Advanced

Special Summons
☽☾
⚓ Sigil of the Furthest Depths: Warlock of the Fathomless ⚓
Shade gets on the phone with Graves and calls for his aid!

Skill Type - Summon
Elemental Affinity - Void/Water
Level - Master

⛧ Pact of the Chaos Goddess: Astaroth, Mistress of the Night ⛧
Shade has signed a Pact of Loyalty with Astaroth, obtaining access to the infernal
powers she grants!

Skill Type - Summon
Level - Master

ᖭི༏ᖫྀ Pact of the Feywild: Jiāo, Bard of Faerie Glamour ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
Shade has signed a Pact of Loyalty with Jiāo, albeit a slightly shaky one. He is his
absolute last resort... totally not because he's a little scared of him.

Skill Type - Summon
Elemental Affinity - Nature
Level - Master

Basic Information

First Name:
Lenz
Surname:
Falkenrath

Preferred Name:
The Great Necromancer, Shade!
Celestial Diviner and Keeper of the Stars, Shade!
...Lenz.

"Beyondix is a gender that feels as though it came from the deepest points of space, feeling
ominous, dark, cold, and void-adjacent."

Male?

Height:
Beginning of RP: 5'5
Current Height: 5'6

Weight:
124 lb

Build:
Small

Skin Color:
Pale

Eye Color:
Greyish Teal, but wears a hot pink contact in
his left eye. (My worldly iris!
)

Hair Style:
A big part of his hair covers his left eye in an emo fashion,
the rest of his hair is comically anime-ish. He gels up a small
tuft of his hair into the shape of a lightning bolt.
He stopped
trying as hard with his signature look, so his ahoge is rendered
to a simple piece of limp, out-of-place hair.

I guess my hair is just... all over the place now. Finn used to
joke that my hair could stab people if I wasn't careful.

Hair Color:
Naturally brunette, but is heavily dyed purple with faded pink ends.
The purple is all faded now.

Fashion:
LARP gear such as cloaks, belts, and armor, but
dresses more scene emo casually. He doesn't
mind gothic fashion either.

Date of Birth:
May 28th (Gemini)

Place of Birth:
THE REALM OF DARKNESS!

(Düsseldorf, Germany)

Nationality:
German

Race:
Shadowkin!

(He's just purely German.)

Sexual Orientation:
Demiromantic Asexual

Religious Beliefs:
I am a CLERIC of the God of Death!

I now serve under Astaroth's rule.

Political Beliefs:
ANARCHY REIGNS!

(He actually doesn't have any
political beliefs specifically.)

General Appearance
boy.png

(Portrait!)

In-Game Appearance:
skin showcase.png

Personality:
MBTI Type: ENTP-A (Debater)
Enneagram Type: 4w5 SP/SX
Temperament: Choleric
1672807859211.png

Lenz Shade is a chuunibyou (eighth-grade syndrome) who has deluded himself into thinking he's an undead creature known as a
"Shadowkin", graced to be a loyal necromancer of the God of Death. In this persona he has created, he is condescending and confident.
He is not afraid of insulting others when they're annoying him and often exudes an extremely pompous aura to others who hear his
"necromantic sermons". He considers "mortals" to be unworthy of his time and is quick to shoo others away if they don't immediately
pique his interest. Over time, he has shown himself to be a surprisingly intelligent and wise leader, ironic to his fantastical delusions.
He is quite sociable to those he deems amiable enough to be himself around, often being the first to speak up or state his many
opinions regarding certain matters. When he is close to someone, he isn't afraid of becoming more enthusiastic in his mannerisms,
excitably dragging his many companions to areas of personal interest and sharing different facts about them. He can become quite
the short fuse, however, as he has been shown to be verbally defensive when others insult him or ask too many insensitive questions
regarding his origins. Nonetheless, he would do the same for his companions if their discomfort arises; a show of his loyalty amidst
his seemingly cold demeanor.

Character Voice:
A very irritated John Egbert (Homestuck)
(His singing voice also probably sounds close to
Jeremy Heere from Be More Chill)

Equipment:
(All stored within a Foxy backpack)
Snow Shovel, Toy Sword (Void Sword), Witch Hat, Cat Plushie,
Moon Earrings, Pentagram Earrings, Bones Smartphone

- Gifted by Minoru
Cherry Blossom Fan, Toy Quinque Scythe, Neentendo Switch (S&V),
Bandaids, Aloe Vera Bottles

- Gifted by Graves
Lavender Bouquet, Serpent Hair Clip, Toy Train, Toy Sword (Dark
Repulser), Skull Earrings, Flower Hammer, Flesh Sword

- Gifted by Toast
Amethyst Shard

- Gifted by Haruka
Galaxy Scythe

- Gifted by Aurora
Hinikuna Watch

Clothes:

lenz outfits.png
(All the concept art for his outfits to date)

Hobbies:
- Shade enjoys feeding into his necromancer persona by brooding mysteriously in the corners of public spaces or practicing
magic skills using the many weapons he has procured over the months. For anyone who chooses to play along with him,
he will happily oblige and spend as much time as possible with the person.

- He enjoys eating cold, sweet objects such as ice cream, shaved ice, or cheesecake, often indirectly asking his friends for
any if they happen to offer it. Ironically, he doesn't like snow or cold weather.

- He also enjoys studying astronomy in his spare time with the Beach Pier being his primary scrying destination. It's not
uncommon to hear him rambling about his admiration for the stars and the many planets that dot the universe, often
staring up at the sky at the top of the lighthouse with a contemplative, glazed look in his eyes.

- He tends to gravitate towards gothic literature, his favorite books being Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, and
Interview with the Vampire.

- Ever since he was gifted a Neentendo Switch by his cousin, Minoru, Shade has become incredibly interested in
open-world fantasy RPGs. His favorite games include Bayonetta 3, Elden Ring, Skyrim, Fire Emblem: Three Houses,
and Monster Hunter: Rise.

Serious Problems/Flaws/Addictions/Disorders/Disabilities:
- As mentioned before, Shade has Eighth Grade Syndrome. This causes him a lot of social problems where he
gets beat up by others for "being annoying" and refusing to drop the persona. Unfortunately, the only way
for him to start being normal is to feed into his delusions enough for him to feel comfortable around others.
Otherwise, the dangers of the outside world will continue to strengthen his need to cage himself within
his necromancer persona.

- Along with his Eight Grade Syndrome, Shade shows signs of having Dissociative Identity Disorder. When asked
thought-provoking questions or comments that require him to look deep within his memories, it will begin to induce a
dissociative episode. During these episodes, Shade will begin to shake violently and break down, quickly looking for ways
to ground himself in any way he can no matter how harmful it could be. It is also evident that he is extremely detached
from both his emotions and his identity, including the memories that come from both. His body will subconsciously attempt to
block them out in an attempt to cope, which may result in dissociative amnesia. He will continue to act as if nothing is wrong
afterward. Any mention of the events prior will cause him confusion or severe headaches the more he attempts to remember.
Information regarding Shade's DID:
Shade is a fictive alter of Lenz's system, being the primary host, protector, and persecutor. Lenz is the core.

- Shade tends to not follow the rules of others and instead does what he believes to be right for his persona. This
could range from refusing to wear certain clothes if that is demanded of him to angering law enforcement by not
being realistically cooperative.

- Shade is terrible at taking care of himself in an effort to maintain his persona. He will sometimes go days without
properly eating, only accepting sweets as an acceptable source of nutrition, or even not showering. He will really
only start taking care of himself if friends or family urge him to.

- Shade has slight aquaphobia. From his explanation of it, he views water as the "light goddess's domain". As such, he
feels that he will disintegrate or become severely harmed once he comes into contact with the liquid.

- Shade isn't very sensitive when it comes to other people's feelings. He tends to regard such emotions as needless
and will become brutally honest once it genuinely begins to bother him. When it comes to people he feels close
to, he will take the time to hear them out and do his best to relate or offer solutions.

Skills:
Shade claims to be an expert at necromantic magic and knowledge, often being able to inform those who are curious
about the origins of necromancy and how he properly utilizes it on a day-to-day basis. He has shown himself to be extremely
creative, coming up with extremely wild but feasible solutions to problems or ideas for certain projects. Besides that, he is a
surprisingly fast runner and could decently defend himself from physical violence. His persona also allows him to shield himself
from anxiety-inducing events, staying calm under pressure even when he's in clear danger.

Family:
portrait lenz edit.png

Father:
Armin Falkenrath
Mother: Ingina Falkenrath (née Volkmar)
Twin Brother: Finn "Soul" Falkenrath

Lenz's Equally Weird Hungarian Relatives
Uncle: Ferenc Reicher
Aunt: Delma Reicher (née Falkenrath)
Cousin: Hart Reicher
Cousin: Marietta Reicher

Lenz's Normal French Relatives
First Cousin Once Removed:
Florimond Laurent
Second Cousin: Minoru Alois Laurent

Relationships:
-Toast Marr (Friend, Close)
"Toast the artificer-bard is extremely talented! He's able to use aerial silks, a drumset, and many other
things that I have yet to discover! He is openly curious about my origins as the Great Necromancer,
Shade, so of course, he has become one of my favorite people in this forsaken city!"

- Graves X. (Friend, Close, Special Summon)
"Graves the dark mage has quite the mysterious aura. His background is shrouded in shadow and
uncertainty, which I absolutely adore and respect! He has a generally well-meaning and curious
demeanor as well. Along with the artificer-bard, he is also among my favorites!"

UPDATED
"From a mere dark mage to a being as powerful as I, the Warlock of the Fathomless has proceeded
all of my expectations and has become one of my closest friends. In fact, his relationship status with
the diviner has become that which I have never would've foreseen in all my undead years. Warlock,
if you knew of the things I tell about you in my spare time, I can assure you that I would conquer any
kingdom or star system for you. Our bond shall be as undying as the blood that runs through my veins."

- Suika Piero (Friend, Rival?)
"Suika is a favorable rival of mine! She is a wizard of light, while I am a servant of the darkness...
She matches my energy in every way and respects my position as the greatest necromancer in
Karakura! As such, she is a threat to my power and must be outmatched by me!"

- Yutaka "Yuta" Tanaka (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"Ah... Yutaka... A dark mage wannabe that knows nothing of the shadow arts! He always tries to
boss me around, telling me I can't do this and that! He also punches me a lot when I don't do
as he says! He's really mean and I don't like him!"

- Ollie van Mice (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"Ollie is a rogue that I also happen not to enjoy being around! He always calls me silly on the
phone and never leaves me be! It's so irritating! The only thing that makes me happy is that
he's scared of me, unlike Yutaka!"

- Mist K. Hirakawa (Acquaintance, Complicated)
"I have battled this damned cleric of light using a bomb of corrupted stardust from Graves, which
has resulted in us having to pursue her in a quest involving her strange backstory regarding
the shadow dancers she shares blood with and going into some decrepit sewer dungeon!
I do not like her, for she does not show respect to me, a practitioner of the dark arts. However,
she has earned my respect due to her rather credible origins."

- Jiāo Lǎohǔ Tanaka (Friend)
"The Bard of Glamour, Jiāo! The necromancer very much enjoys his presence! He's bold, different, novel!

He's everything that the necromancer searches for in a companion! However, I, a being of darkness, shall
not be caught attempting to unionize with a fae creature like himself. I shall keep my distance until

further notice!"
UPDATED
"The bard has shown his ferocity in battle in an effort to protect the necromancer. For that, I thank him with
all my heart. I never knew such loyalty would come from a man like him, as he seemed to have shown great
disinterest in the necromancer at first. I am lucky to have befriended such a worthy party member.

- Fria J. Sumisu (Acquaintance)
"Jay the Merchant is strange. He began talking to the necromancer to sell a firearm of water, which I declined
because the machinery of man over my dark magic is absolutely ridiculous. He then began talking to me
extremely casually with the bold promise that we were going to be "the bestest of friends". He's so foolish to
think that the necromancer will allow him into his inner circles so easily. However, I'm so impressed by his
determination and calm demeanor that I'll give him a chance. Only one."

- Aurora Pierce (Friend)

"The dark mage introduced me to his cousin, Aurora the Paladin, in hopes that I would find interest in her
company, which I have! Not only is Aurora a devout paladin of justice, but she performs her practice both
passionately and accurately! She has sworn a mutual oath of loyalty with the necromancer and she vows to
both bring justice to the city of Karakura and fortify my worldly iris to prevent myself from ever returning to
the Realm of Darkness in death!"

- Hikosaburo Vacazamora (Friend)
"The necromancer discovered this mortal from the bard as he was fending off those who sought to bring
harm to me. He ensures that he would not judge me, but I don't trust him quite yet. I admit that he does
seem earnest, so I suppose I shall allow him a chance at partying up with me."

UPDATED
"Hmm... Not bad, monk! The necromancer is quite impressed at how long you have been able to withstand
my dark aura. You very much serve as the needed common sense in our adventuring party, so I very much
welcome you into my ranks of companionship!"

- Haruka T. Hanazono (Friend)
"Ah, the Cleric of Chaos! She is of very high standing in the Karakura Academia and a practitioner of chaos

magic! She has been able to summon demons from beyond the sand, write in unholy scriptures, and award
us with loot that has been reclaimed from a fearsome dragon! She is climbing up the ranks of my inner circle.

How commendable!"

- Rachielle Mareane (Friend)
"The necromancer has bested this Overlord of the 19th Circle of Hell in combat, fighting for the title of

Necromancer of Karakura. Her magic was powerful, but it ultimately cannot be bested by the blood of
the covenant. I have offered her an oath of peace so that I may teach her more about the ways of the
necrotic arts and the immense power that lies beneath brotherhood, just like how I was taught during

my journey here in this forsaken city."

- 'Astaroth' (Friend, Pet)

"My new avian familiar of the night! She came into my life on one fateful evening, knowing both my companion
and I's titles and names! How she knew of such information is unbeknownst to me, but to have her as a newfound
companion is as joyous to me as the comets that race through the skies of tomorrow! We are tied together with a
pact of loyalty, and it shall remain that way til our bodies return to the earth that it was
created from!"

- Karl M. Acton (Acquaintance, Friend?)
"The necromancer honestly doesn't know what this mercenary sought within him. Astaroth brought him
before me because she saw great potential, so I must comply with the prophecies she foretells. I have now
unlocked him as a special summon, but his reliability is still questionable as I have only just met him moments
before. Only time can tell."

- Emma Emerson (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"A vain young woman with a seething amount of insecurity. I do not like her. I only owe her my thanks because
she saved me from some lowlifes who tried to harm the necromancer."

- Souta Nomura (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"The necromancer is far too exhausted to speak of such an insensitive man."

- Cadell P. Adler (Acquaintance, Liked)
"He somehow seems to find me at my most troubled points during the hours I spend at the academy. He has
awfully good timing..."

Backstory:

Lenz and his identical twin brother, Finn, were born in Düsseldorf, Germany to Ingina and Armin Falkenrath. Growing up,
the two boys enjoyed watching fantasy cartoons to a great extent, almost to the point where they both began pretending
to be characters from the show. Eventually, when they grew to the ripe age of 10, their parents sat them down for a talk.
Their parents turned out to be leaders of an anarchist cult that believed in the toppling of humanity in the near future.
Because of the couple's growing age, they needed to teach their children the ways of the cult in order to preserve "the
ultimate goal" as they called it. At first, the two boys didn't quite understand the taboos of the cult's practices and were
instead elated to become the soon-to-be leaders of a large group. As soon as they learned of their destinies, they began
fantasizing day by day about fulfilling their dreams of becoming great archmages who commanded others and changed
the world.

However, as they started learning more about the cult while they age, the more their childish dreams faded into obscurity and the true
horrors of their situation slowly unveiled themselves. Finn was much more obedient than Lenz when it came to following the orders of
their parents, so he was naturally favored. Unfortunately for Lenz, he often got the shorter end of the stick and was exposed to many different
psychological punishments. This included being locked in a dark closet, public ridicule during outings, and being shamed over small mistakes.
When Lenz was alone and at peace with the world, he would silently fantasize and retreat back to his dreams of becoming a great archmage
like the fantasy cartoons that he loved watching. After they turned 13, the resistance from the twins eventually caused their parents to give up
on transforming the boys into the perfect cult leaders, so they retreated from Germany completely and put them into the care of their
grandparents.

The damage was unfortunately still done, leaving Lenz and Finn extremely scarred from the events of the cult and the abuse they
faced from their parents. With the sudden peace and quiet that came with their escape, Lenz decided to transform his traumatic
memories into ones watered down by his fantastical delusions. He carefully created a persona for himself; Shade, the Great Necromancer
and Servant of Death. This persona of himself was stronger and much more confident than he really was, so he began to embrace
it fully until his identity as Lenz Falkenrath faded into the back of his mind. However, this only led to Lenz getting heavily bullied by
the people in his new school, leaving him extremely lonely. His brother, Finn, noticed this and began pretending to be a psychic named
"Soul" to ensure that Lenz didn't have to feel this way, which made him the happiest he's ever been in a long time. Slowly but surely, their
memories of the cult were replaced by their adventures as the villainous duo, Shade and Soul.

One day, their grandmother told them about their distant French cousins and how one of them happens to be living in Karakura, Japan.
Excitedly, they both decided to take a flight to Japan to see him. They have yet to find him strangely enough.

Perhaps it was due to some miscommunication?

Trivia
- Shade's character was inspired by Add (Elsword) and Fischl (Genshin Impact), hence his purple leitmotif, his worldly iris, and
his signature mischievous smile.

- Shade's superiority complex and overall uptight attitude when he's in his necromancer persona are partially inspired by
Peridot (Steven Universe).

- Shade was initially created as an excuse for me to run around and cause trouble, but he ended up being a lot more
plot-heavy than I initially planned.

- His alternate outfit was inspired by rivethead and scene fashion.

- Shade shakes when he's feeling intense emotions such as anger or excitement.

- Shade's skin has gone through a lot of changes over the past month. His hair was originally going to be the only
thing that was changed, but he soon began adopting the SRP style the more his character development
progressed.

- Shade was originally typed as an ENFP-T, but further development established him as an ENTP-A instead.

- During his creation, Lenz and his twin brother were both going to be chuunibyous, but the admin for
Finn thought it'd be a better contrast if one of the twins were more normal than the other.

- Shade knows both French and JSL, but not German. This was mainly because I could only have two languages
and couldn't fit German in. There wouldn't be any point in doing so anyways since French is the one language
that all my characters know.

- Lenz's original name was going to be Diederich and Finn's was going to be Ekkehardt, but was changed because it
was too long.

- The name, Lenz, is a bit of a pun. It sounds like the word "lens", which could be a nod to the contact lens he wears
in his left eye.

- His last name, Falkenrath, was chosen because Finn's admin and I thought it was the most obnoxious sounding.

- Shade was originally going to be a wizard of some kind, but I decided against it in favor of a necromancer because
it was the edgiest option.

- No one knows what Shade's Code of Darkness entails. Not even me.

- Shade's hair is a lot longer than it looks. It's just heavily gelled to look the way it does.

- He has grown a habit of "fwuf-fwuffing" carpets from a ritual that he and his friends do during the weekends.

- He steals Minoru's things very often when he leaves the house. He will sometimes respond to text messages meant
for Minoru, causing a bit of confusion for the receiver.

- It's a recurring joke that Finn has gone completely missing for weeks and Lenz has no idea where he's gone.
It is uncertain whether this is canon or not.

- Shade does not like the color pink, which is ironic because Finn's hair was originally dyed pink.

- Lenz was originally going to be 16 but was aged up because I couldn't be bothered to switch it every time. Plus,
I get less money and that makes me feel empty inside.

Last edited:

Sashabelle

Level 34
sashabelle05
sashabelle05
Rich
☽☾~ Lenz Shade Falkenrath ~☽☾
[New ref image soon]

Character Theme:

Shade's RPG Stats:
(Measured using D&D dice rolls)
Physical Stats:
Strength: 9 (-1)
Stamina: 16 (+3)
Defense: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 20 (+5)

Cognitive Stats:
Mind: 15 (+2)
Charm: 14 (+2)
Spirit: 18 (+4)
Resolve: 17 (+3)

Luck: 16 (+3)

Shade is a Celestial Diviner and Keeper of the Stars, loyal to the demon Astaroth,
Mistress of the Night and Chaos of Time and Space
. Through her power, he could
command fate and shape it to his own whims, allowing him to break from his chains
previously withheld by the God of Death.

Class Progression:
Cleric Dark MageNecromancer Celestial Diviner → ???

Job Progression:
Occult AcolyteServant of Death Keeper of the Stars All-Seeing Overseer of the End

Main Weapon:
☽ Galaxy Collapser ☾

"WOW... A HIGHER-LEVEL SCYTHE? I... I CAN'T BE MORE HONORED!"
- Shade upon receiving the scythe from Haruka.
Weapon Class - Scythe
Level - Master

☬ Soultaker of the 13 Apostles ☬
Weapon Class - Scythe
Elemental Affinity - Death
Level - Advanced

⚔ Sword of Void ⚔
Weapon Class - Sword
Elemental Affinity - Void
Level - Intermediate

˚₊‧꒰ა Evangelia's Song of Eternal Light ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Weapon Class - Sword
Elemental Affinity - Light
Level - Advanced

❀ Warhammer of the Forest Lord ❀
Weapon Class - Hammer
Elemental Affinity - Earth
Level - Apprentice

⚡ Lightning Pierce ⚡
Weapon Class - Spear
Elemental Affinity - Lightning

Level - Apprentice
(Given to Aurora Pierce)

୨୧ Spiral Heart Moon Rod ୨୧
Weapon Class - Wand
Elemental Affinity - Astral/Light
Level - Master

☆ Dream Staff ☆
Weapon Class - Staff
Elemental Affinity - Astral
Level - Master

☠ Flesh Blade ☠
"I am never using this damned weapon in my entire

undead life."
Weapon Class - Sword
Elemental Affinity - Organic
Level - ???

☠︎︎ Main Feature: Unholy Diviner's Calling ☠︎︎
Shade is primarily a necromancer diviner of the summoner subclass. He could call
upon those he has signed pacts of loyalty with in order to aid him in combat or other
situations that require assistance. The more party members he gains, the stronger
his magic grows.

Secondary Feature: Worldly Iris
Shade gains his power from his Worldly Iris, granted to him by the God of Death
to maintain his undead body and store mana for self-defense. He regenerates this
mana through his iris at night and in dark areas
, while the daytime and light sources
hinder his regeneration. He casts much of his personal magic using the Worldly Iris,
which is often directed through his chosen weapon.

Magicka
+ Restorative Blessing +
Shade utilizes the magic of the God of Death to heal his allies!
(Aloe Vera and Bandaids)

Skill Type - Heal
Elemental Affinity - Life
Level - Novice

️ Requip ️
With the power of the moonlight, Shade is able to replace his weapons and
armor instantaneously. (Magical Girl Transformation!)
Skill Type - Summon
Elemental Affinity - Space
Level - Advanced

Special Summons
☽☾
⚓ Sigil of the Furthest Depths: Warlock of the Fathomless ⚓
Shade gets on the phone with Graves and calls for his aid!

Skill Type - Summon
Elemental Affinity - Void/Water
Level - Master

⛧ Pact of the Chaos Goddess: Astaroth, Mistress of the Night ⛧
Shade has signed a Pact of Loyalty with Astaroth, obtaining access to the infernal
powers she grants!

Skill Type - Summon
Level - Master

ᖭི༏ᖫྀ Pact of the Feywild: Jiāo, Bard of Faerie Glamour ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
Shade has signed a Pact of Loyalty with Jiāo, albeit a slightly shaky one. He is his
absolute last resort... totally not because he's a little scared of him.

Skill Type - Summon
Elemental Affinity - Nature
Level - Master

Basic Information

First Name:
Lenz
Surname:
Falkenrath

Preferred Name:
The Great Necromancer, Shade!
Celestial Diviner and Keeper of the Stars, Shade!

"Beyondix is a gender that feels as though it came from the deepest points of space, feeling
ominous, dark, cold, and void-adjacent."

Height:
Beginning of RP: 5'5
Current Height: 5'6

Weight:
124 lb

Build:
Small

Skin Color:
Pale

Eye Color:
Greyish Teal, but wears a hot pink contact in
his left eye. (My worldly iris!)

Hair Style:
A big part of his hair covers his left eye in an emo fashion,
the rest of his hair is comically anime-ish. He gels up a small
tuft of his hair into the shape of a lightning bolt.
He stopped
trying as hard with his signature look, so his ahoge is rendered
to a simple piece of limp, out-of-place hair.

Hair Color:
Naturally brunette, but is heavily dyed purple with faded pink ends.

Fashion:
LARP gear such as cloaks, belts, and armor, but
dresses more scene emo casually. He doesn't
mind gothic fashion either.

Date of Birth:
May 28th (Gemini)

Place of Birth:
THE REALM OF DARKNESS!

(Düsseldorf, Germany)

Nationality:
German

Race:
Shadowkin!

(He's just purely German.)

Sexual Orientation:
Demiromantic Asexual

Religious Beliefs:
I am a CLERIC of the God of Death!

I now serve under Astaroth's rule.

Political Beliefs:
ANARCHY REIGNS!

(He actually doesn't have any
political beliefs specifically.)

General Appearance
View attachment 41070

(Portrait!)

In-Game Appearance:
View attachment 41069

Personality:
MBTI Type: ENTP-A (Debater)
Enneagram Type: 4w5 SP/SX
Temperament: Choleric
View attachment 39845

Lenz Shade is a chuunibyou (eighth-grade syndrome) who has deluded himself into thinking he's an undead creature known as a
"Shadowkin", graced to be a loyal necromancer of the God of Death. In this persona he has created, he is condescending and confident.
He is not afraid of insulting others when they're annoying him and often exudes an extremely pompous aura to others who hear his
"necromantic sermons". He considers "mortals" to be unworthy of his time and is quick to shoo others away if they don't immediately
pique his interest. Over time, he has shown himself to be a surprisingly intelligent and wise leader, ironic to his fantastical delusions.
He is quite sociable to those he deems amiable enough to be himself around, often being the first to speak up or state his many
opinions regarding certain matters. When he is close to someone, he isn't afraid of becoming more enthusiastic in his mannerisms,
excitably dragging his many companions to areas of personal interest and sharing different facts about them. He can become quite
the short fuse, however, as he has been shown to be verbally defensive when others insult him or ask too many insensitive questions
regarding his origins. Nonetheless, he would do the same for his companions if their discomfort arises; a show of his loyalty amidst
his seemingly cold demeanor.

(Old information that doesn't apply to the current plot)
Underneath this persona, he is a shy and easily embarrassed teenage boy with a ton of insecurity problems. He is secretly aware of how
embarrassing his necromancer act is but feigns ignorance in order to protect himself from the outside world. He is afraid of others thinking
of his true self as lesser, so he exaggerates it to drive off those who can't seem to handle him. As such, he becomes genuinely excited when
someone plays along with his persona, doing his best to befriend them as much as possible. Once befriended, Lenz becomes much more
comfortable letting his guard down when it comes to maintaining his persona, allowing himself to be more emotionally vulnerable and
open to his friends.

Character Voice:
Kaidou Shun (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K)

Equipment:
(All stored within a Foxy backpack)
Snow Shovel, Toy Sword (Void Sword), Witch Hat, Cat Plushie,
Moon Earrings, Pentagram Earrings, Bones Smartphone

- Gifted by Minoru
Cherry Blossom Fan, Toy Quinque Scythe, Neentendo Switch (S&V),
Bandaids, Aloe Vera Bottles

- Gifted by Graves
Lavender Bouquet, Serpent Hair Clip, Toy Train, Toy Sword (Dark
Repulser), Skull Earrings, Flower Hammer, Flesh Sword

- Gifted by Toast
Amethyst Shard

- Gifted by Haruka
Galaxy Scythe

- Gifted by Aurora
Hinikuna Watch

Clothes:

View attachment 40411
(All the concept art for his outfits to date)

He has a dark school uniform that he wears to attend school in Germany (which he decided was usable for infiltrating
Karakura High). However, he stopped wearing his school uniform in favor of a striped, slightly unzipped jacket, a pair of purple
goggles, and skinny jeans with one side a red flannel pattern. He also has leg warmers that match his jacket, along with black
boots underneath. He has a LARP costume but has yet to show up in public with it.

Hobbies:
- Lenz enjoys feeding into his necromancer persona by brooding mysteriously in the corners of public spaces or practicing
magic skills using the many weapons he has procured over the months. For anyone who chooses to play along with him,
he will happily oblige and spend as much time as possible with the person.

- He enjoys eating cold, sweet objects such as ice cream, shaved ice, or cheesecake, often indirectly asking his friends for
any if they happen to offer it. Ironically, he doesn't like snow or cold weather.

- He also enjoys studying astronomy in his spare time with the Beach Pier being his primary scrying destination. It's not
uncommon to hear him rambling about his admiration for the stars and the many planets that dot the universe, often
staring up at the sky at the top of the lighthouse with a contemplative, glazed look in his eyes.

- He tends to gravitate towards gothic literature, his favorite books being Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, and
Interview with the Vampire.

- Ever since he was gifted a Neentendo Switch by his cousin, Minoru, Lenz has become incredibly interested in
open-world fantasy RPGs. His favorite games include Bayonetta 3, Elden Ring, Skyrim, Fire Emblem: Three Houses,
and Monster Hunter: Rise.

Serious Problems/Flaws/Addictions/Disorders/Disabilities:
- As mentioned before, Lenz has Eighth Grade Syndrome. This causes him a lot of social problems where he
gets beat up by others for "being annoying" and refusing to drop the persona. Unfortunately, the only way
for him to start being normal is to feed into his delusions enough for him to feel comfortable around others.
Otherwise, the dangers of the outside world will continue to strengthen his need to cage himself within
his necromancer persona.

- Along with his Eight Grade Syndrome, Lenz shows signs of having a dissociative disorder. When his necromancer
persona threatens to be broken by thought-provoking questions or comments that require him to look deep within
himself, it will begin to induce a dissociative episode. During these episodes, Lenz will begin to shake violently and
break down, quickly looking for ways to ground himself in any way he can no matter how harmful it could be. It is
also evident that he is extremely detached from both his emotions and his identity, including the memories that
come from both. His body will subconsciously attempt to block them out in an attempt to cope, which may result in
dissociative amnesia. He will continue to act as if nothing is wrong afterward. Any mention of the events prior will cause
him confusion or severe headaches the more he attempts to remember.

- Lenz tends to not follow the rules of others and instead does what he believes to be right for his persona. This
could range from refusing to wear certain clothes if that is demanded of him to angering law enforcement by not
being realistically cooperative.

- Lenz is terrible at taking care of himself in an effort to maintain his persona. He will sometimes go days without
properly eating, only accepting sweets as an acceptable source of nutrition, or even not showering. He will really
only start taking care of himself if friends or family urge him to.

- Lenz has slight aquaphobia. From his explanation of it, he views water as the "light goddess's domain". As such, he
feels that he will disintegrate or become severely harmed once he comes into contact with the liquid.

- Lenz isn't very sensitive when it comes to other people's feelings. He tends to regard such emotions as needless
and will become brutally honest once it genuinely begins to bother him. When it comes to people he feels close
to, he will take the time to hear them out and do his best to relate or offer solutions.

Skills:
Lenz claims to be an expert at necromantic magic and knowledge, often being able to inform those who are curious
about the origins of necromancy and how he properly utilizes it on a day-to-day basis. He has shown himself to be extremely
creative, coming up with extremely wild but feasible solutions to problems or ideas for certain projects. Besides that, he is a
surprisingly fast runner and could decently defend himself from physical violence. His persona also allows him to shield himself
from anxiety-inducing events, staying calm under pressure even when he's in clear danger.

Family:
View attachment 40372

Father:
Armin Falkenrath
Mother: Ingina Falkenrath (née Volkmar)
Twin Brother: Finn "Soul" Falkenrath

Lenz's Equally Weird Hungarian Relatives
Uncle: Ferenc Reicher
Aunt: Delma Reicher (née Falkenrath)
Cousin: Hart Reicher
Cousin: Marietta Reicher

Lenz's Normal French Relatives
First Cousin Once Removed:
Florimond Laurent
Second Cousin: Minoru Alois Laurent

Relationships:
-Toast Marr (Friend, Close)
"Toast the artificer-bard is extremely talented! He's able to use aerial silks, a drumset, and many other
things that I have yet to discover! He is openly curious about my origins as the Great Necromancer,
Shade, so of course, he has become one of my favorite people in this forsaken city!"

- Graves X. (Friend, Close, Special Summon)
"Graves the dark mage has quite the mysterious aura. His background is shrouded in shadow and
uncertainty, which I absolutely adore and respect! He has a generally well-meaning and curious
demeanor as well. Along with the artificer-bard, he is also among my favorites!"

- Suika Piero (Friend, Rival?)
"Suika is a favorable rival of mine! She is a wizard of light, while I am a servant of the darkness...
She matches my energy in every way and respects my position as the greatest necromancer in
Karakura! As such, she is a threat to my power and must be outmatched by me!"

- Yutaka "Yuta" Tanaka (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"Ah... Yutaka... A dark mage wannabe that knows nothing of the shadow arts! He always tries to
boss me around, telling me I can't do this and that! He also punches me a lot when I don't do
as he says! He's really mean and I don't like him!"

- Ollie van Mice (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"Ollie is a rogue that I also happen not to enjoy being around! He always calls me silly on the
phone and never leaves me be! It's so irritating! The only thing that makes me happy is that
he's scared of me, unlike Yutaka!"

- Mist K. Hirakawa (Acquaintance, Complicated)
"I have battled this damned cleric of light using a bomb of corrupted stardust from Graves, which
has resulted in us having to pursue her in a quest involving her strange backstory regarding
the shadow dancers she shares blood with and going into some decrepit sewer dungeon!
I do not like her, for she does not show respect to me, a practitioner of the dark arts. However,
she has earned my respect due to her rather credible origins."

- Jiāo Lǎohǔ Tanaka (Friend)
"The Bard of Glamour, Jiāo! The necromancer very much enjoys his presence! He's bold, different, novel!

He's everything that the necromancer searches for in a companion! However, I, a being of darkness, shall
not be caught attempting to unionize with a fae creature like himself. I shall keep my distance until

further notice!"
UPDATED
"The bard has shown his ferocity in battle in an effort to protect the necromancer. For that, I thank him with
all my heart. I never knew such loyalty would come from a man like him, as he seemed to have shown great
disinterest in the necromancer at first. I am lucky to have befriended such a worthy party member.

- Fria J. Sumisu (Acquaintance)
"Jay the Merchant is strange. He began talking to the necromancer to sell a firearm of water, which I declined
because the machinery of man over my dark magic is absolutely ridiculous. He then began talking to me
extremely casually with the bold promise that we were going to be "the bestest of friends". He's so foolish to
think that the necromancer will allow him into his inner circles so easily. However, I'm so impressed by his
determination and calm demeanor that I'll give him a chance. Only one."

- Aurora Pierce (Friend)

"The dark mage introduced me to his cousin, Aurora the Paladin, in hopes that I would find interest in her
company, which I have! Not only is Aurora a devout paladin of justice, but she performs her practice both
passionately and accurately! She has sworn a mutual oath of loyalty with the necromancer and she vows to
both bring justice to the city of Karakura and fortify my worldly iris to prevent myself from ever returning to
the Realm of Darkness in death!"

- Hikosaburo Vacazamora (Friend)
"The necromancer discovered this mortal from the bard as he was fending off those who sought to bring
harm to me. He ensures that he would not judge me, but I don't trust him quite yet. I admit that he does
seem earnest, so I suppose I shall allow him a chance at partying up with me."

UPDATED
"Hmm... Not bad, monk! The necromancer is quite impressed at how long you have been able to withstand
my dark aura. You very much serve as the needed common sense in our adventuring party, so I very much
welcome you into my ranks of companionship!"

- Haruka T. Hanazono (Friend)
"Ah, the Cleric of Chaos! She is of very high standing in the Karakura Academia and a practitioner of chaos

magic! She has been able to summon demons from beyond the sand, write in unholy scriptures, and award
us with loot that has been reclaimed from a fearsome dragon! She is climbing up the ranks of my inner circle.

How commendable!"

- Rachielle Mareane (Friend)
"The necromancer has bested this Overlord of the 19th Circle of Hell in combat, fighting for the title of

Necromancer of Karakura. Her magic was powerful, but it ultimately cannot be bested by the blood of
the covenant. I have offered her an oath of peace so that I may teach her more about the ways of the
necrotic arts and the immense power that lies beneath brotherhood, just like how I was taught during

my journey here in this forsaken city."

- 'Astaroth' (Friend, Pet)

"My new avian familiar of the night! She came into my life on one fateful evening, knowing both my companion
and I's titles and names! How she knew of such information is unbeknownst to me, but to have her as a newfound
companion is as joyous to me as the comets that race through the skies of tomorrow! We are tied together with a
pact of loyalty, and it shall remain that way til our bodies return to the earth that it was
created from!"

- Karl M. Acton (Acquaintance, Friend?)
"The necromancer honestly doesn't know what this mercenary sought within him. Astaroth brought him
before me because she saw great potential, so I must comply with the prophecies she foretells. I have now
unlocked him as a special summon, but his reliability is still questionable as I have only just met him moments
before. Only time can tell."

- Emma Emerson (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"A vain young woman with a seething amount of insecurity. I do not like her. I only owe her my thanks because
she saved me from some lowlifes who tried to harm the necromancer."

- Souta Nomura (Acquaintance, Disliked)
"The necromancer is far too exhausted to speak of such an insensitive man."

- Cadell P. Adler (Acquaintance, Liked)
"He somehow seems to find me at my most troubled points during the hours I spend at the academy. He has
awfully good timing..."

Backstory:

Lenz and his identical twin brother, Finn, were born in Düsseldorf, Germany to Ingina and Armin Falkenrath. Growing up,
the two boys enjoyed watching fantasy cartoons to a great extent, almost to the point where they both began pretending
to be characters from the show. Eventually, when they grew to the ripe age of 10, their parents sat them down for a talk.
Their parents turned out to be leaders of an anarchist cult that believed in the toppling of humanity in the near future.
Because of the couple's growing age, they needed to teach their children the ways of the cult in order to preserve "the
ultimate goal" as they called it. At first, the two boys didn't quite understand the taboos of the cult's practices and were
instead elated to become the soon-to-be leaders of a large group. As soon as they learned of their destinies, they began
fantasizing day by day about fulfilling their dreams of becoming great archmages who commanded others and changed
the world.

However, as they started learning more about the cult while they age, the more their childish dreams faded into obscurity and the true
horrors of their situation slowly unveiled themselves. Finn was much more obedient than Lenz when it came to following the orders of
their parents, so he was naturally favored. Unfortunately for Lenz, he often got the shorter end of the stick and was exposed to many different
psychological punishments. This included being locked in a dark closet, public ridicule during outings, and being shamed over small mistakes.
When Lenz was alone and at peace with the world, he would silently fantasize and retreat back to his dreams of becoming a great archmage
like the fantasy cartoons that he loved watching. After they turned 13, the resistance from the twins eventually caused their parents to give up
on transforming the boys into the perfect cult leaders, so they retreated from Germany completely and put them into the care of their
grandparents.

The damage was unfortunately still done, leaving Lenz and Finn extremely scarred from the events of the cult and the abuse they
faced from their parents. With the sudden peace and quiet that came with their escape, Lenz decided to transform his traumatic
memories into ones watered down by his fantastical delusions. He carefully created a persona for himself; Shade, the Great Necromancer
and Servant of Death. This persona of himself was stronger and much more confident than he really was, so he began to embrace
it fully until his identity as Lenz Falkenrath faded into the back of his mind. However, this only led to Lenz getting heavily bullied by
the people in his new school, leaving him extremely lonely. His brother, Finn, noticed this and began pretending to be a psychic named
"Soul" to ensure that Lenz didn't have to feel this way, which made him the happiest he's ever been in a long time. Slowly but surely, their
memories of the cult were replaced by their adventures as the villainous duo, Shade and Soul.

One day, their grandmother told them about their distant French cousins and how one of them happens to be living in Karakura, Japan.
Excitedly, they both decided to take a flight to Japan to see him. They have yet to find him strangely enough.

Perhaps it was due to some miscommunication?

Trivia
- Lenz's character was inspired by Add (Elsword) and Fischl (Genshin Impact), hence his purple leitmotif, his worldly iris, and
his signature mischievous smile.

- Lenz's superiority complex and overall uptight attitude when he's in his necromancer persona are partially inspired by
Peridot (Steven Universe).

- Lenz was initially created as an excuse for me to run around and cause trouble, but he ended up being a lot more
plot-heavy than I initially planned.

- His alternate outfit was inspired by rivethead and scene fashion.

- Lenz shakes when he's feeling intense emotions such as anger or excitement.

- Lenz's skin has gone through a lot of changes over the past month. His hair was originally going to be the only
thing that was changed, but he soon began adopting the SRP style the more his character development
progressed.

- Lenz was originally typed as an ENFP-T, but further development established him as an ENTP-A instead.

- During his creation, Lenz and his twin brother were both going to be chuunibyous, but the admin for
Finn thought it'd be a better contrast if one of the twins were more normal than the other.

- Lenz knows both French and JSL, but not German. This was mainly because I could only have two languages
and couldn't fit German in. There wouldn't be any point in doing so anyways since French is the one language
that all my characters know.

- Lenz's original name was going to be Diederich and Finn's was going to be Ekkehardt, but was changed because it
was too long.

- The name, Lenz, is a bit of a pun. It sounds like the word "lens", which could be a nod to the contact lens he wears
in his left eye.

- His last name, Falkenrath, was chosen because Finn's admin and I thought it was the most obnoxious sounding.

- Lenz was originally going to be a wizard of some kind, but I decided against it in favor of a necromancer because
it was the edgiest option.

- No one knows what Lenz's Code of Darkness entails. Not even me.

- Lenz's hair is a lot longer than it looks. It's just heavily gelled to look the way it does.

- He has grown a habit of "fwuf-fwuffing" carpets from a ritual that he and his friends do during the weekends.

- He steals Minoru's things very often when he leaves the house. He will sometimes respond to text messages meant
for Minoru, causing a bit of confusion for the receiver.

- Lenz was meant to have a full necromancer LARP outfit, but it ended up being too much work and I've had it in my
drafts for quite some time. Perhaps one day it will be done.

- He is the only character I own that has the full SRP shading style. Hart Reicher only has partial shading and I absolutely
refuse to reshade Minoru out of pure spite.

- It's a recurring joke that Finn has gone completely missing for weeks and Lenz has no idea where he's gone.
It is uncertain whether this is canon or not.

- Lenz does not like the color pink, which is ironic because Finn's hair was originally dyed pink.

- Lenz was originally going to be 16 but was aged up because I couldn't be bothered to switch it every time. Plus,
I get less money and that makes me feel empty inside.
Gorg bio!!

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
"From a mere dark mage to a being as powerful as I, the Warlock of the Fathomless has proceeded
all of my expectations and has become one of my closest friends. In fact, his relationship status with
the diviner has become that which I have never would've foreseen in all my undead years. Warlock,
if you knew of the things I tell about you in my spare time, I can assure you that I would conquer any
kingdom or star system for you. Our bond shall be as undying as the blood that runs through my veins."
kinda gay ngl

Users who are viewing this thread