mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Librarian Application | Ajfresh2465

Ajfresh47

Level 3
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Ajfresh2465
(Also have Ajfresh47 (Main), Ajfresh44, and Ajfresh82)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):
thekawaiicuddler

How old are you? (Optional):
20, turning 21 in one month

What is your time zone?:
EST (though I’m awake at pretty much all hours depending on my mood)

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on the server for hours upon hours each day. The only things that take my time away are a few in-person matters that are rather few and far between. My job is an online one with hours I can determine, so I’m pretty much free at any time of the day, or night. I tend to be the most free around the afternoon and evening times, though that vastly depends on how I’m feeling. Long story short, I’m always here throughout my many accounts.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Yes, a 10-day ban for ERP on my main account around when I first joined SRP. I have since then learned and matured. No other bans.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Simply speaking, librarians provide students the ability to expand their knowledge on their own time with the bountiful selection of books throughout the library itself. If someone wishes to dive into the mountains of knowledge, they go to the librarian for guidance and assistance. They can supply the student with a card and the book they desire so long as certain rules are followed such as returning said book promptly and remaining quiet while in the walls of the library. It gives the student a sense of responsibility. On the other hand, the librarian plays an important role as a school employee who watches over students and faculty alike to ensure everyone is behaving and getting along as well as they can. If someone is found rulebreaking, it is a part of their duties to handle it accordingly.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying on Minecraft, Discord, and other various platforms for the last seven or so years of my life. From simple school stories, such as some of the ones on SRP itself, to heartbreaking romances and whimsical magical worlds, I’ve dipped my hand in a good few genres. Being on SRP has positively influenced my want to add more detail and feeling to my roleplay stories, making it all the more entertaining in the long run.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Denied
Language Application - Mandarin
Chef Application
Ban Appeal
Lore Team Application
Deleted Librarian Application

Accepted
Language Application - Mandarin (Attempt 2)
Language Application - JSL (Ajfresh47)
Lost Items Request
Language Application - Korean
Language Application - Italian
Chef Application (Attempt 2)
Language Application - JSL (Ajfresh2465)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Ajfresh47 - [College]
Ajfresh2465 - [Adult]
Ajfresh82 - [Grade 12]
Ajfresh44 - [Bird]

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Grayson would raise an eyebrow at the students and politely ask them to calm down. If they persisted, he would again ask them to settle down with a louder and more stern tone. Afterward, he would also begin warning them that this behavior is not allowed, and if they continue he'll have to get others involved. If still they refused to back down, Grayson would give them a detention and another warning that if this persists he would have no choice but to contact SLT.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Grayson would quickly, and sternly, tell them to stop as he walked closer to them. He’d contact another faculty member and perhaps a nurse over the radio about the situation and for possible backup before working on breaking up the fighting students. Once they were moved apart from each other, Grayson would speak calmly to both of them to figure out the situation and see if he could help in any way. Despite this, he’d still give them each detention for fighting on school grounds and lead them to the nurses' office to check for any injuries.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Grayson would give them a concerned look as he walked closer to them and reminded them that what they were doing was highly unacceptable and that they were setting a bad example for everyone else in the vicinity. If they stopped and apologized, Grayson would simply shake his head and have a calm but serious conversation about why they would do something like that when they were aware of the rules they were supposed to follow. After the talk, he would walk away and report the situation to SLT so that they could keep an eye on the employee for any possible future incidents.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Grayson would have a drink, most likely tea or coffee, and he'd take the time to relax a bit with a book he'd been wanting to finish. If other faculty members were there, he'd be sure to engage in some friendly conversation with them as he wanted to be in a good relationship with his coworkers. Although he can be a bit awkward in his ways, he does enjoy meeting new people and learning about their lives.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
Grayson had been sitting in his chair at the library information desk with an opened book on the table, his left leg crossed over the other until the student had walked up to him. He looks up and gives them a relaxed smile as he slips his bookmark into the center of the novel before closing it to give the student his full attention. "Good morning, how can I help you?"

/me
Grayson slowly walks through the library with a pile of books held in his left arm to be put away in their proper places. His attention is grabbed by a group talking rather loudly in one of the sitting areas. He calmly walks over to them and says “Please keep your voices down. You are in a library after all.” He gives them a patient smile and continues putting the rest of his books away so he can return to his desk.

/me Grayson gives a quiet yawn as he makes his way up the school stairs, heading to the library. He unlocks the door to the library’s front desk, swiftly moving inside so he can shut and lock the door just as quickly. He softly hums to himself while setting down his coffee cup on the table and making sure everything is in order in the room before he sits himself down in the chair. Grayson takes another quick sip of his drink before it gets too cold and patiently watches over the room in front of him.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):
Grayson Irving
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Preferred Name: Grayson or Mr. Irving

Age (Minimum is 25): 27
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s
Year of Graduation: N/A
Major(s): Literature and Communications
Minors: French

Nationality: British
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese, French

Backstory

Grayson Irving was born on May 7th, 1995. He lived in London, England for the vast majority of his life with his mother, father, and older brother, Martin. Their parents were businessmen so they were often either off on business trips or at some important meeting, so the boys would be left with a babysitter or other family friend. However, because of how successful his parents were, despite never being around, Grayson was put in the position of "golden child". He was expected to be the perfect son and act as an example of the excellence of the family. Despite this, Grayson had begun to look up to Martin as a sort of model for himself. He would beg him to be the one to teach him the ways of life and help him throughout his schooling experiences. Martin obliged but often commented on his younger brother's lack of ability to interact with others.

Grayson had taken his brother’s words to heart and began trying to socialize with his classmates more often. This led him to meet a young lady named Kaori Akane, a transfer student from Japan. The pair quickly grew close and spent much of their time together and began dating to the delight of his parents as Martin had never had much luck with relationships. After graduating high school and enrolling in the same college together, Kaori’s helpful social skills pushed Grayson to become more accustomed to making new friends and getting along with more people in general. Kaori also took the time to teach him Japanese so that one day he could visit his hometown with her and speak with her family. He then graduated college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Literature and Communications and proceeded to propose to Kaori soon after, which she accepted.

The newlyweds decided to move into an apartment in Kanazawa, Japan so Kaori could see her family more often. Grayson got a job at a local library which he thoroughly enjoyed and life went on smoothly for the next couple of years. However, things turned sour as a visit from Martin ended with him being found with Kaori one day when Grayson returned home early from work. Heartbroken, he filed for a divorce as soon as he could and moved out of the home and to the town of Karakura for a fresh start. Though his feelings had been shattered, he still held onto his love of reading and used that to keep him going. He stumbled upon a librarian position at the nearby school and decided that was his chance to start a new life away from his troubles.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
OOC
I worked as a chef previously a few months ago, leaving due to some mental health concerns, but I admittedly miss working in the school. I’m a sucker for a good story and the school faction offers a lot of good story opportunities. It makes me feel like I have a proper place in the community rather than aimlessly stumbling around the map looking for interactions.

IC
I have a deep love for reading, writing, and literature as a whole and I’ve improved a lot in handling social situations. It would be a nice chance for me to meet a new group of people and potential friends in the area along with having the chance to interact with the wonderful students that attend the school.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
While growing up, I was taught to fulfill my every responsibility to the best of my abilities which would include this job. I have a deep love for reading and all things literature so I would ensure that all the books and materials in the library are taken care of and watched after. I have also worked in a library before for a few years so I am confident that I will do my job well. Of course, however, everyone makes mistakes, but we as humans learn from them and it only grows us as people.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?: If accepted, could the tag be put on a /character slot on my account so I can keep the Adult tag?

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Employee Faction. Congratulations on being accepted, please DM me on discord so we can get started!
- ozinth

Users who are viewing this thread