DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
IGN:
DeyeetMe

DATE:
28 July 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Make it possible to use color codes like &8, &o etc (maybe hex codes too?) in all /lang commands

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I just wanna be able to speak Italian in italic

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

With the long update list, I don't see this as necessary. Color codes are purely cosmetic, they don't add anything to your conversation.. your characters cannot hear colors ICly, nor can they hear you speaking in italics. If you want to portray your text a certain way, portray your character the same, you can do that by adjusting their dialogue (words, accent, etc.), and their overall feel.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

With the long update list, I don't see this as necessary. Color codes are purely cosmetic, they don't add anything to your conversation.. your characters cannot hear colors ICly, nor can they hear you speaking in italics. If you want to portray your text a certain way, portray your character the same, you can do that by adjusting their dialogue (words, accent, etc.), and their overall feel.
Exactly!!

Cencres

Level 11
+1 I know other people said that it's not necessary, but often roleplayers like to incorporate actions into their character speaking and do this by coloring the action so that it contrasts from the spoken words ex. [role] name says "Hi" &9waved (Although I don't think talking in italics matters since there's an alternative, not being able to action in lang limits roleplay)

I don't know how complex adding this would be but I assume it'd be a quick fix with us already being able to do this when speaking in Japanese and like Joe.exe said it can just be added to the queue if it is a complex fix

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 I know other people said that it's not necessary, but often roleplayers like to incorporate actions into their character speaking and do this by coloring the action so that it contrasts from the spoken words ex. [role] name says "Hi" &9waved (Although I don't think talking in italics matters since there's an alternative, not being able to action in lang limits roleplay)

I don't know how complex adding this would be but I assume it'd be a quick fix with us already being able to do this when speaking in Japanese and like Joe.exe said it can just be added to the queue if it is a complex fix
But like, if you're doing it in a language (French for example) and the other party doesn't have the language, wouldn't it just show up as (character) said something in French. If this is a suggestion for the factor of actions, that totally changes my view on it—perhaps you can use some sort of new command to incorporate a language such as putting [lang"text" infront, for example

/me &9smiled as she waved to her friend walking up, a familiar face from her home town! [Lang:French"Ahh, it's good to see you! How's it going?"]

Just as example, of course this is changeable. Aside from that, I see absolutely no reason to have color-codes in /lang, -1 on the original suggestion.

lowkeyHades

Level 23
IowkeyHades
IowkeyHades
Notable+

Do your action, then say the lang. You can do,

/me &9Aurelio would run upto hilo, waving as he embraced him saying..-

/lang [instert] There you are!

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
We've enabled colour codes in /lang, /langw, and /langy for the use of &l and &o (bolding an italicizing), however you cannot action using these commands. If you wish to action, you must use /me, /my, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread