horrorabbit

Level 11
horrorabbit
horrorabbit
Omega+
IGN: cyberberus
DATE: 8/26/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Making the adult role more accessible; AKA allowing players to access the adult role without having to apply to jobs
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Naturally, high school students become adults after turning 18. On top of that, gaining access to digital alcohol and cigarettes without legal consequences!! Also, this feature can potentially create more family RPs- which could prove as an opportunity for varying relationships to be experienced in rp and create a whole lot more depth. So, instead of having to go through a lengthy job application... You could just apply to be a boring unemployed adult. I'm not saying to make it super easy to access- as that could cause.. issues. For example, once you've reached the amount of playtime needed to be considered grade 12, you could make a character application providing reasons why the player wants this role and how it would add to roleplay. I understand that the server is literally a highschool roleplay but I think we need more mature(?)/ older figures just to sort of round out the experience. ANYWAYS TLDR: The addition of an adult role could result in more complex and engaging roleplay experiences.​

horrorabbit

Level 11
horrorabbit
horrorabbit
Omega+

It's called SchoolRP for a reason....
Sure! But, there are so many other roles besides "student" such as doctor, governor, teacher, shrine maiden, etc etc. We have quite a bit of roles that don't necessarily relate to "school" or are required for a school roleplay but are there to add depth outside of the school environment. Even if it's called SchoolRP there's a lot more to it than just school- otherwise, it would become boring quite quickly..

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+

There's a reason it takes more effort to get an adult account. If it was easily accessible, then there would be a large part of the community that would no longer be roleplaying in the school, which will only hinder the school factions and lower roleplay possibilities. If you want to roleplay as an adult, you can do so as a member of a faction, which promotes roleplay with other members of the faction and community depending on the faction, and afterwards, you can roleplay out being an unemployed adult.

andrei

Level 46
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
This statement just said it all.

There's a reason it takes more effort to get an adult account. If it was easily accessible, then there would be a large part of the community that would no longer be roleplaying in the school, which will only hinder the school factions and lower roleplay possibilities. If you want to roleplay as an adult, you can do so as a member of a faction, which promotes roleplay with other members of the faction and community depending on the faction, and afterwards, you can roleplay out being an unemployed adult.

horrorabbit

Level 11
horrorabbit
horrorabbit
Omega+

I completely understand where you're coming from, and I agree that it's important to maintain a balance between adult and school factions to ensure that the community remains diverse and vibrant. However, I believe that making the adult role a bit easier to get could actually enhance the overall roleplaying experience. Firstly, by enabling more members of the community to roleplay as adults, we can create an open and diverse environment that caters to a wider range of interests and play styles. This can be especially beneficial for players who prefer adult-themed roleplay- and who might otherwise be discouraged from participating in our community.

Also, the adult role doesn't necessarily mean that players will stop roleplaying in the school setting entirely. Instead, it opens up new opportunities for cross-faction interaction and collaboration, which can lead to even more robust and engaging roleplay scenarios. For example, players could RP encounters between adult characters and students, or team up to create a mixed-age faction that bridges the generational gap.

Finally, it's worth noting that achieving the adult role would still require players to meet certain criteria and complete certain tasks within the community. This means that we can maintain a certain level of exclusivity and exclusivity in ensuring that the role remains special and valued within the community. (And when I said more available I don't mean ridiculously easy to reach- but not as strict as it is know. You don't need to jump through loops to get to the plain old adult role)

Last edited:

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

You can get adult role by either applying for a role like Teacher, etc or going through the college route to get the adult role

.Arkkwolf

Level 41
Community Team
Lore Team
Arkkwolf
Arkkwolf
Notable+

As someone who went through the adult process. YES it can take some time to obtain an adult role. But those who are dedicated members prove they can handle the role. In all honesty, I think a lengthy process such as a faction weeds out those who will abuse the role for the most part. As well as, like everyone said above, this is schoolRP. I think it would be neat to expand on the city idea. BUT right now, as is, SRP adult roles should remain few and far between.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
If the adult role was easier to obtain, it would be easier to abuse. As someone that spent three years ONLY playing student roles, I understand the struggle of only being able to play at a certain age limit. However, you also have to understand that adult roles should not be trolling or something on the server, hence, the amount of work you need to do to actually get the role.

The options of getting the adult role are either through applying for a job, which requires you to have enough roleplay experience and maturity to handle the role, or to go through the college route, which means understanding the server in order to take the exam itself, and then being able to dedicate yourself to create a project, showing that you have that type of maturity that they expect from an adult role.

For the argument of FamilyRP, I completely understand that you want an adult in a family to roleplay with, since I, myself, have played many characters who's parents are just lore-written characters, however, to play an adult, you should be able to, like aforementioned, be able to play with maturity. The current requirements for the role does not seem too difficult, plus, it will allow you to explore different factions.

Speaking as a newly accepted Lawyer, I can say that roleplaying as an adult is definitely very different from roleplaying as a student. In addition to that point, roleplaying as a person in a faction gives you a huge new perspective on SchoolRP in itself.

If your only argument is to be able to roleplay more, joining a faction should not be more difficult than applying for just the adult role. If they were to create an application for an adult, it would probably be just as complex as any other faction application.

If you don't want to join a faction at all, the college process should already be plenty to get the adult role. It requires you to not only understand the server, but also to grow maturity for the role as you progressively age up your character.

If I haven't made it clear already, it's a hard no from me.

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
The adult role is more of a privilege to those who work towards it. Giving it out for free to people who apply for it after playing the server for a while wouldn't be the best idea. Just like others previously said, innovating something that completely hinders an entire faction and ruins the motivation for the server as a whole just to meet player wants is something that I don't ever see happening nor want to see, none the less if the adult tag is something that you and or others want badly then you can fall to the college exams, they have added more ways to get adult tags that don't include making a "boring job application" such as reaching the correct degree in college giving you the chance to drop out!

Classicalist

Level 87
It takes time to become an adult yes, But as someone with 3 adult roles just know that if you find a job you enjoy it feels like no time

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

There is a very good reason it is "difficult" to get adult role.

I say difficult with quotations, as it's not difficult. You can apply for a job, which if you are good at applications, and have a relatively clean history, will be accepted. You stay for 3 months and you get an adult role, that's the easiest way and its moderately difficult as you want to apply for the job, not just to become adult. You can also grade up through college (which is difficult due to exams always being late or postponed but is possible), and eventually get adult, or even get into college through scholarships and internships. That's a lot of ways to get adult in my opinion, and there's more ways to get adult than any other role on the server. So, it's actually very easy to get.

I'd also like to point out, this server is called SchoolRP, it's main purpose is to roleplay in a school environment, that's why the school faction has the most events and most things to do, the server is primarily based around this. The adult role is only an addition to the server, and should not be the primary goal of any player. Yes it may be for some and it can be, but the server is for school roleplay, not adult roleplay.

The adult role also is a privilege. It is not something a player is owed on the server it's what you earn from putting time into developing your character and playing the server, hence it being "difficult" to obtain.

Compared to every other role on the server, the adult role is the easiest to get in my opinion, other than generic grade-12 and below. It should not need to be easier.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Granted that we allow players to become adults more easily, here's what would happen. You will no longer be able to:
- Be part of school teams
- Engage in school-wide events
- Have access to school-exclusive features
- Receive higher allowances
- Engage in roleplay with the majority of the community
- Go to school dances, club meetings, assemblys, etc.
- Have access to teams-exclusive residences
- Have access to teams/club-exclusive custom items
- More

The adult role really isn't worth it. It is entertaining for 3 days, and that's about it. After that time goes on, unless you have people to roleplay with consistently, you'll want to go back to forming part of the school faction again

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I hate it when people get to threads before me and take all the fun arguments away, this is actually rigged. What am I supposed to do, nitpick? Erm, if you're an adult, you get a dark green name tag, and I think that looks stupid. Uh, if you're an adult, you probably just AFK all day. If you're an adult, then I think you're a silly billy, a nincompoop, a dunderhead, a knuckleheadmcspazatron.

Users who are viewing this thread