Yes I do, it is Mello#8121

How old are you? (Optional):

15, soon to be 16

What is your timezone?:

GMT (Uk)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes I do, and I agree with this rule

Describe your activity on the server:

I am on everyday for at least 10 hours, depending on schoolwork, although I have very little to do, so it is very rare for me not to be on

Do you have any previous bans?:

I have been banned once for max warnings. although I do not intend on getting banned, or warned again.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mellorp-police-application.35363/ (Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mellorp-staff-application.35751/ (No reply)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mellorp-age-20-request.35771/ (
Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mellorp-receptionist-khs-application.35869/ (Denied)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

18, student

Trivia
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Since joining School Rp I have admired the teachers and what they do,during my time in SRP i have always been shocked at how well teachers can handle students being a nuisance and causing chaos in the class and i would love to be apart of that image, I wish to be a part of the SchoolRp community and hope to inspire other students. I am aiming towards becoming an English teacher as I inspire to teach students about the world of English. When I graduate high school I believe this will be a good experience for me and will help with my skill development. I currently do english in real life as one of my GCSEs so I am familiar with English and how I would go about teaching . I have never had the opportunity to be in a teaching position but I believe I will learn many new things to inspire students to learn and understand english. I believe that I am a very laid back person so i can make a good impression on the students, i can also be very strict when needed. I think I can make an enjoyable time for the students, a class that students will be able to look forward to each day at SchoolRp and be inspired by.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

The teacher class logs are an important part of being a teacher, they provide proof of your activity as a teacher. After every class, teachers are to provide proof such as a photo of the class learning, showing the time, and the period you’re teaching (such as period 2, 3, or 4). You’re to post it onto the “Logs” section of the teachers discord.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

When wanting to host a field trip, you must first fill out the forum provided when wanting to host a field trip, the field trip request must be an appropriate location. After filling out the forum you I will wait for permission, once you have the okay to proceed with the field trip, you must then have appropriate planning and a teacher's assistant or an available teacher with the same subject by your side.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
You must always remain mature and respectful in the classroom at all times.

Do not let students into the classroom if they did not do /Join class

Do not inappropriately engage with the students.

No sexual comments or activities towards or with the students.

Do not kick students without reason.

Do not abuse your authority.

Teachers reliable things in the classroom.

Do not engage in any illegal activities.

Treat all students equally.

Do your tasks as a teacher respectfully and responsibly, such as doing class logs.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I joined in early 2020, since then I have been engaging a lot more in roleplay situation, I like to roleplay as much as i can, seeing as this is a rp server/

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: A Head of Department can be a lonely one; trying to be professional with your department members and therefore keeping a little distance (written by someone who married one of his department, this is more of a do as I say not as I do moment) and not always being taken seriously by SLT.

- QTLS: A Qualified Teacher is commonly defined as a teacher who has at least the minimum academic qualifications required for teaching subjects at the relevant level in a given country.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher is a category of teacher in the United Kingdom. Newly qualified teachers are those who have gained Qualified Teacher Status but have not yet completed the statutory twelve-month programme known as the "induction for newly qualified teachers

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers serve to teach the children everything they need to know for the next part of their lives, whether it be the next year in the school or preparing the final lesson before they move out into the real world. They get a salary of $46,000 per year.

Why are teachers important toSchoolRP server?:

Teachers do so many things that go unnoticed. Teachers are a crucial factor in all of our lives. They shape and mold each and every person into who they become, intentionally or not. Teachers don't get enough credit for the hard work they continuously do during school, and after. Teaching students information in a way that they will remember and put to use is one of the greatest gifts anyone can give to another person. Doing so opens students’ eyes to new ways of looking at life. While so much emphasis today is on learning the hard skills necessary to excel in a certain profession – particularly in the postsecondary environment – much of the “life-changing stuff” happens in the younger years as children accumulate knowledge at the hands of a good teacher.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

This is something which will become easier with practice, but an important thing to bear in mind as you plan your first lesson is how to pace it - too few activities can lead pupils to seek diversion whilst too many can get them confused. The transitions between classroom activities can be unstable periods which need effective orchestration. They are well handled when preceded by some advance warnings: 'There are three minutes before we return to the whole group', 'We've been working on this experiment for 10 minutes now so you should be about half way through'. When thinking about activities, make sure you know what you are trying to achieve. Do your planned activities achieve learning outcomes? Most importantly, do your pupils understand the goals of the classroom activity? It is paramount that your pupils are engaged on the learning journey and for this to happen, they need to understand where they are going and how what they are doing will get them there. You also need to think about how you will recognise and reward pupil effort.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Oshita is a 6ft male, he would stand proud with nice brown nappy hair, he would have a birthmark on his left eye, it would look like a small lake.

Oshita grew up in Africa but later moved to Japan where he legally changed his name to its current status. Oshita could be seen walking around with a limp due to a severe car accident that happened when he was 18. Oshita doesn't really notice his limp anymore as he has gotten used to it at this point.

Oshita has a positive outlook on all students, he sees great potential in each and every one of them, he likes to believe that he is capable of giving a very good education to every student. He would like to take his time to focus on each student individually, making it so they are all on the same working level. Oshita sees his fellow teachers as an amazing role model, he understands how difficult it can be being a teacher and he hopes that he can help them and make their lives easier as well as his. Oshita used to be a councillor in an old school back in Africa so he knew how to deal with students emotionally and physically.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Firstly, I would approach the gang and question why they are using such vocabulary, I would then warn them to stop, if they do I would simply move on with my day, although if they do not stop I would warn them with a detention, if even after that they continue I would then issue all of them an after school detention

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would ask them nicely to be quiet and pay attention, if they were to continue I would yell at them to be quiet and listen, if even after that they were to continue, I would warn them with a lunch time detention or I would make them stay after class for a few minutes. If they were to continue I would call SLT or the principle

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Oshita would wonder into the lounge scanning for any open seats, he would find one and then he would place himself down, reaching in his bag he would pull out his phone, checking the time and seeing if there is any missed calls/texts, after checking he would stand up and walk over to the coffee machine, making himself a coffee as the coffee is being made he would greet the other employees with a warm smile and a little wave

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d flip through the pages, pointing at page 12 showing the class

/me He’d walk over to the student with a straight posture, leaning over the students desk, he’d inspect their work.

/me Walking towards the middle of the room, he’d wave to the students down getting their attention.

/me He’d pick a marker laying on his desk, popping the lid off as he’d begin to write.

Backstory
Oshita grew up in Africa, he grew up with both his parents although he did not have any siblings. He grew up in a small house in the woods, he would walk to school with his 2 best friends, Victor and Akachi. He joined a Chess club when he was 13, he was surprisingly good at chess, due to his excellent strategic knowledge. He was also very good at PE, he was the top in his class. Oshita won many awards during his time in high school. When he was 18 he lost his father in a car accident, and in that same car accident, he injured his knee extremely badly. After this incident Oshita became even more motivated to work and to become the best in all he does, he thought like this because he wanted to make his dad proud, before the accident his dad was a teacher and Oshita looked up to him a lot, he noticed how much his dad changed the lives of some kids, and Oshita wanted to do the same, as he saw many of his friends fail. As Oshita grew up he fell in love with Japan and its culture, his dream was moving to Japan and becoming a teacher. His main priority was to fulfill his dream, so when he was 20 he got a job and started saving up for the big move. He did go through a lot of financial problems although he stayed motivated to fulfill his dream. So when he was 27 he had saved enough money for the move. Oshita gathered his 2 friends and moved to Karakura, Japan. When he moved her he made a lot of friendships and he was well know in the city. Oshita found an open spot as an English teacher in KHS, he saw this as his opportunity to become a teacher, so he filled in the application and emailed the school, waiting for a reply. One day Oshita woke up and heard notification go off on his phone, he saw that it was from the school! He instantly got up and called all his friends before opening it, once his friends had arrived to spectate, he carefully opened his laptop and hovered his mouse over the OPEN button on the email, excitedly he opened it, the email said he was accepted, Oshita and his friends partied all night. The next day Oshita got ready for his first day at work.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name: Oshita Kameko

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr

Given Name(s): Oshita, Kam

Preferred Name: Odee

Age (Minimum is 27): 35

Religious Denomination: Christian

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: African

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details
Teaching Experience (# of years): 3

Working Experience (# of years): 10

Academic Degree: Bachelors

Year of Graduation: 2006

Major(s): Psychology and communication

Minors: Mathematics and English

Native Languages: African

Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No i do not

Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A

Do you have any questions?: N/A

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
Further detail your responses to: "Teacher Knowledge" and "Provide 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:"
- Upon looking into your history within the school and your currently punishment history on SchoolRP, I've decided to deny this application.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread