Event Team
MinisterFudge
MinisterFudge
Notable
MinisterFudge | Event Team Application

What is your Minecraft Username:
MinisterFudge
I do not have any alternate accounts.

Describe your activity as a player of the server: I think it sufficient to say that I spend a great deal of my free time on the server and would satisfy activity requirements. I would give a more PRECISE explanation of ‘time I am available’ but I work remotely for the moment, and so my activity is really a non-issue.

For now, simply presume during the times of 7:30am - 11:00pm on any given day of the week in my timezone: that I can likely manipulate my timetable and make myself available with no real issue.

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone: crystallizedgene - Yes, I do have a microphone.

What is your time zone?: GMT+10 AEDT

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted? - Yes, I am

What is your motivation for joining the Event Team:
There are several reasons why I have expressed a desire to join in making this application:

1. Other factions: There is much that can be gained (in terms of experience, knowing how the RPjobs function, etc) by being a member of the varying factions within SRP, however, though they may be of ‘interest’ to me and learning about them is interesting… this does not necessarily mean a person would want to experience what it is like being a member of each and every single faction: myself included. Members of the event team, however, through liaising with members of the faction can come to learn more about them while performing their broader function: creating enjoyable events. The prospect of not only doing something I’d enjoy but also learning about the other factions and their internal processes is very attractive to me.
  2. Interest in events and ‘gamemaking’: I’ve always wondered about the actual ‘powers’ of members of the event team, in the sense that there is no document setting out the commands they can use, their capabilities, how events are organized and approved, etc. Regardless, I have always found community events in roleplay servers more generally to be exciting and enjoyable: myself having some experience in this area (albeit, in the very different context of Garry’s Mod). Learning how things are done in this particular community context of a Minecraft RP server would be a very different experience, but one that I would very much like to have.
  3. Encouragement: Messages in global OOC encouraging community members to apply have reached me and encouraged me to make an application.

What makes you a suitable event team member:

Prior-experience making server events:
I understand this to be something worth noting in these applications. Therefore, I would note that I do have general experience in announcing/creating community events on a roleplay server and collaborating with other members of an ‘event team’. This was in a very different context though: a Garry’s Mod roleplay server now no longer in existence due to reasons articulated HERE. Though not a MinecraftRP server: the events did very much take place in a school-context: a very bastardized version of Hogwarts which took itself semi-seriously. Members of the event team were called ‘Gamemakers’ and could do large events involving everyone, meddling with the school timetable and so on: or more passive events that didn’t disrupt the flow of an ordinary rp-day.​

Nature of the Candidate:
I understand it to be commonplace for candidates to simply explain what makes THEM a suitable event team member by describing themselves and their circumstances. While I’m generally a rather private person, for the purposes of this application and in lieu of the fact some of this information can also be found elsewhere… I am more than happy to confirm:​
  • I am a university graduate
  • I have had employment involving ‘working in a team’ (research-context)

General involvement on the server:
I understand it to be commonplace for candidates to describe their experience on the server in lieu of noteworthy history with whatever faction their characters past or present have been involved with.​

One of my characters is a [QP] Professor who also leads a community organization/Church on the business roster (SRP Town Discord). I understand that the event team finds candidates who will be beneficial to the broader community and ‘the lore of Karakura’ particularly desirable. I often incorporate ‘LORE’ into law and justice lessons held by the Professor: be it examining the Constitution of Karakura or examining news reports concerning trials, police corruption, or statements by government officials.

It may also be worth mentioning my characters do a lot of organizing of people in general. When not teaching (or unable to teach) classes: the Professor can often be found liaising with students, providing free food when there is no staff in the Cafeteria, leading spontaneous processions around the school to generally spread good vibes… a nice fellow, overall. HE DID get called onto the red carpet for not letting one of the college students go to the bathroom once. A lesson was learned. Outside of working hours, the Professor leads a religious group/charity, celebrates Mass in the Karakura Church, and petitions the government.

The other character is a [Grade-12] student, formerly a member of the Student Council. She had to leave relatively shortly after joining as people can not have one character be on the council and another a professor on the same account. Regardless, she often organizes citizens in Karakura on ‘Sunday School trips’ outside of school as she is a religious sister. Such trips involve taking groups of people fishing, visiting the arcade/shrine, collecting charitable donations, and other club-like activities.

Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:

Fuzzy Fiends

NB: The word ‘may’ is used A LOT. I am unaware of the actual potential of the event, i.e. what is practicable. But the concept as a whole is fine and is as follows:

Event Preparation :

• All relevant faction leads would be appraised of the event in advance. Presumably just SLT.
  • It MAY be the case those with a [Bee] whitelist may be permitted into the school during this event, and so it MAY be advisable to make an announcement of this in advance to get as many of them around on the day of the event as possible. Alternatively, the bees can be created by the event team some other way.
  • With the approval of the event team, the ‘Bees’ could be… ‘retconned’ if you like, as something way more dangerous: Vespa mandarinia, requiring anti-venoms and the like.
The event’s fundamental premise is this: Multiple hives of bees have settled into the premises of Karakura High: within the school building. It has dramatically impacted the quality of life at the school as these hives and nests have appeared all around the school, walls are seeping with honey and grime. Worryingly, students are reporting these buzzy-fiends in the halls. There have been multiple students stung: school nurses are reporting an ‘overflow’ of students presenting with injuries.

Ordinarily, an evacuation of the school would be ordered, but this has been deemed unnecessary: all that is needed is some leadership!

Players with the ‘bee’ whitelist may be permitted into the campus, and all players may be permitted to, while they are inside the school, respond violently towards these bees (to contain/expel them) without the fear of facing animal abuse charges and without the actual person on the respective jobs having to worry about their bee character being permanently ‘killed off’. Such rules MAY be bent for event purposes.

EXTERMINATION EFFORTS:

The event would encourage SLT and basically the entire student body to respond proactively in whatever little way they can. The student council would cooperate with any interested students and faculty members: and perhaps some exterminators ‘called in’ to deal with the problem by CLEANING IT UP. That is, destroy the nests, clean desks, remove grime, etc. The exterminators, being members of the event team, will proceed in their efforts AS DIRCETED by The Student Council. They could incinerate the nests, making the bees angry OR simply move them out of the school. Whatever the response may be, it would be coordinated by the Council and the event team simply accommodates it by presenting several solutions for the council to choose from.

Council members could have a variety of roles, and disperse their numbers to deal with the many pressing needs facing the school during this troubling event:

• Cleaning products may be sold, councillors could distribute cleaning supplies
  • Councillors could lead small groups and ‘split up’ to eliminate all traces of the infestation, using the radio/walkie-talkie to respond and give status updates
  • The President, Vice-President, or senior members of the council could lead the operation, having a giant map, chalkboard, or ‘coordination center’ in the council room from which they can track the progress of the extermination efforts.
  • The food in the cafeteria intended to be served to students MAY have spoiled! The Council may have to send one of its members to liaise with chefs or other members of the faculty to come up with a solution to ensure students are fed (e.g. cleaning the kitchen and ordering new food). Brave students may be presented the option to consume the spoiled food anyway, giving school nurses more problems to deal with.
Depending on what is practicable, this event could end in many different ways. Perhaps the council is successful, and the event is simply a straight-forward effort to clean the school. Perhaps sections of the school become so badly affected by the infestation that they need to be quarantined and students who enter do so at their own risk. Ultimately, the opportunity such an event presents is to give the students (and student council) a common enemy, a common problem that they can work together to solve.

The Three Blind ‘Mice’

Event Preparation / Notes :

• All relevant faction leads would be appraised of the event in advance. Namely, SLT; Student Council, and possibly the KPD and NEWS Faction leads. The build team may also be required to slightly refurbish the school auditorium and some other areas of the school.
  • The rule prohibiting entry of animals into the school will, temporarily, not apply to key event participants, principally [3] players with a rat whitelist or who are otherwise able to be ‘made rats’. Despite not being mice, and actually appearing as rats, the player-base can simply be gaslit into accepting them as mice.
  • The rule prohibiting entry of Reporters into the school may also be waived to allow Reporters to, during the event, freely report on the mayhem that shall ensue.
  • Additional members of the community/event team may be sought to play the roles of… :
The three ‘owners’ of the [3] rats are key members of a band called ‘The Three Blind Mice’. These 3 individuals are likely to be event team members. HOWEVER, the actual mice and miscellaneous members of the TBM crew responsible for sound-mixing and very possibly selling alcohol to students on campus could be ANYONE from the broader playerbase and need not be event team members.

• SRP Tailors may be necessary: this event would benefit from the creation of outfits for the key band members and the band crew.
  • Cooperation with faculty and the student council would benefit the event greatly: they should therefore be appraised of the event in advance.
  • The School Auditorium should be converted slightly to facilitate a concert. Tables of food should also be brought into existence, stray garbage littering the premises… it should very much feel like some trashy band has just been given the green-light to trash the place and party. Pizza on the roof-type vibes. Alcohol could (potentially) just be illicitly sold and distributed by members of the TBM sound-crew.
  • ‘Private accommodations’ in the school somewhere for event participants and players (who will be invited in).
Event Procedure :
  • The event would begin slightly before a school day, with the arrival of a very popular band colloquially called ‘TBM’ or the ‘Three Blind Mice’. Despite their name, they are simply three very pampered socialites the same age as students attending KHS: though they do own three rats among them who have been trained to dance. This group has been authorized to perform a concert in the auditorium by SLT in order to ‘put Karakura on the map’ and ‘raise money’. Their arrival could be very... theatrical. Sports cars pulling up, red carpet being laid, reporters taking photos... that kind of vibe! /event could be used to hype up their arrival.
  • As the school day kicks off, students may enjoy breakfast in the ‘private accommodations’ in the school set aside for members of the TBM. They will find very quickly their new guests are not very well-behaved. Their eating habits are disgusting, their accommodations have been trashed, and there are reports of some of their crew selling alcohol to students as well as vandalism. They seem hellbent on breaking virtually all of the School’s rules.
  • The Student Council and Faculty may give the event participants ‘detention’ but they don’t seem receptive to it… almost like they’re just visiting rockstars or something! SLT are strongly encouraged to ‘look the other way’... the school needs this group to put Karakura on the map! To raise money! Such… poor behavior can be overlooked. It’s just for a little while!
[The Concert] : During Lunchtime the concert should commence. A very small entry fee may be charged (e.g. 50-100 yen) purely to give students something to complain about later (refunds). A w2g link could be provided for everyone to use (not uncommon in events like these) with rat-related music. The music selection is rat-themed, and very deliberately horrible. Students may be, understandably, very disillusioned by the complete lack of any talent on display and grow angry.

But… someone has been forgotten in this picture. The pet rats. They’ve done absolutely nothing wrong, but the band members are VERY insistent that these rats simply ignore the jeering and booing of the crowd and ‘just dance’. Clearly, this is animal abuse. Especially if the rats use /mel to act distressed and the event team uses their special powers to make their unfortunate situation apparent. The band members themselves could YELL at the rats to 'keep dancing' to further enrage what is surely to be a very upset crowd of students.

Students will have the opportunity to storm the stage and liberate these beautiful rodents from their negligent caretakers. Barricades may be established and ‘shaken’ not too much unlike riots that often happen at Town Hall/the KPD building. The event may simply end here, with the rats being liberated after some struggle. The band members could be taken into custody, led out of the school, and arrested.

ALTEERNATIVELY: The KPD and SLT could be completely unreasonable and take the side of the band members, ordering police to go around the school and recover the ‘liberated’ rats and ‘return them to their rightful owners’ because ‘animals are, strictly speaking: property…’. Desperate pleas may ring out over the school intercom begging students to just ‘bring the rats back’ to a certain location so ‘the school doesn’t get sued’. KPD Officers may flood the school in full-blown riot gear and perform a ‘search and rescue’ operation to find these very valuable rats. They need not succeed in this mission: but can very accusatorily interrogate any student or faculty member (without taking them into custody, of course) until the school-day is over. A completely disproportionate and almost comical level of force: but that is kind of the point.

A Miraculous Gala -

Background: I spoke of this idea with a member of the community team who need not be named here, and they seemed quite receptive to the idea… but I never did go on to actively pitch it to the event team. However, it has been given thought and is fully articulated below.

Event Preparation :

• The gate protecting the entrance of the Karakura Church would be temporarily removed, possibly along with the small garden beds outside the entrance of the Church.
  • A stage fit for a small community concert should be established outside the Church. Community members who will be online during the event and be willing to ‘put on a performance for charity’ (an event) will need to be contacted in advance.
  • A shrine containing a statue of the Virgin Mary should be placed in some central location, along with votive candles placed at the foot of the statue that event participants may light (itemRP). NB: The ‘statue’ will inevitably be a person designated by the event organizers to play this role: it is a player with a skin that makes them resemble a statue. Though, a piece of custom furniture does also exist and could be used in the interim: inevitably though it would have to be an actual person.
  • Stalls run by employees from any of Karakura’s shops shall be established to sell goods. It will be announced that a certain percentage of the profits from sales will be set aside for charity and community clean-up efforts (graffiti). It is not too relevant what is sold or who runs the stalls: only that there will be some general selling of goods going on to generate interest.
  • Members of the KPD and their faction lead should be informed of the event to the appropriate extent as some KPD officers would be needed to respond to the Major Incident. Alternatively, Paramedics could also respond. OR BOTH
  • OPTIONAL: The upper inaccessible area of the Church which has absolutely nothing inside of it could possibly be decorated, though this is not required.
Event Procedure:

• Once ‘everything is set’: it can simply be announced with /event. People online can be alerted to the fact that there is a concert and ‘sales’ (be it a ‘bake sale’ or … whatever: depends on what is being sold) happening at the Karakura Church and money is being raised to clean the streets of Karakura. The announcement should also explicitly mention that ‘a statue is being unveiled’. Of course, the statue, so people shall find: has already been unveiled. It’s out in the open.
  • The concert may go ahead, sales may commence, Candles may be lit. This event would very much, at least initially, not be too unlike festivities that happen in the school for Halloween, Valentines Day, etc.
  • There are numerous feel-good songs that could be used in a watch2gether link during the concert. Alternatively, the stage could simply be opened up to many of Karakura’s musical groups/bands, with sign-ups for the festivity happening in advance for such groups who are interested.
  • [Minor incident] : Something does make this event stand out, however. It is happening at a Church, and a statue of the Virgin Mary is just put in a very central position. It will stand out and players will invariably investigate it. Whoever is playing the role of the statue should be encouraged to use /mec. This statue may, while the festivities are on foot, very subtly: wink at people, smirk at people, quickly use their foot to extinguish a candle, cough, sneeze, etc. Only the people in the immediate proximity of the statue would notice this due to the use of /mec. Perhaps… their friends will just think they’re mad!
[Major incident] : This altercation should be manufactured, and participants involved told of the facts in advance. In summary: an angry group of folks are unhappy this charity event is going to see all graffiti in Karakura wiped out! The reasoning behind their aggression is irrelevant: what is necessary is that they will begin arguing and becoming increasingly violent with ‘easy targets’ (e.g. band members, stall employees, Churchgoers…). The response to this violence will be from the Statue of Mary, who shall, upon seeing this, use /mel to ‘withdraw a Katana’ (or some other considerable weapon) from ‘a small pocket in space’ before promptly executing major assault permissions on all aggressors involved. It is suspected players shall of their own initiative contact emergency services, but the event team could always fulfill this function. The fate of the statue is entirely at the discretion of the event team. It would appear to me strange though to have the KPD arrest a statue. Perhaps it simply… becomes inanimate! (the preferred option). Other options could be formulated though: Perhaps it sprouts wings and levitates away. Perhaps an existing supernatural force from the forest is revealed to have been acting on the statue.

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):
Underlined text in the section including the events can be clicked: they link to general-audience music.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Thank you for your application and congratulations! We're happy to welcome you as an event team member! You will receive your roles and all other information you need shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread