Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
OGMint

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): OG Mint#3481

Do you have a microphone?: yes

How old are you? (Optional): 18+

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: I’m usually online for around 4-5 hours a day, sometimes 6 or more on the weekends

Do you have any previous bans?: no bans nor warnings

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/neo-corvids-professor-application.37457/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/neos-priest-application.42486/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

normal grade-12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Arts

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I've been a part of this server for a while and I would like to play a more engaging role and take part in the community more. I've been in classes and around teachers and it seems fun to be a part of the school faculty and to be able to teach subjects that you know, what makes me excited about becoming a teacher is that it would put to test my knowledge on 2D Animation, which I have 4 certificates of from high school from online courses made by art directors from Disney and Nickelodeon. This is the subject I would like to teach the students in Karakura's college, real lessons and topics for Digital Art class with a focus on 2D Animation.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: I understand the necessary steps to proceed with the role.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: this is to keep track of the classes held and to make sure we meet the monthly quota of 15 classes and not host more than 4 a day.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: to put in a more simple way, to act how you would in a normal high school class, I would be treating students like normal high schoolers and expect them to act like so, otherwise they will face the consequences and encourage them to read and respect the rules.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I'm pretty detailed in some occasions, and I've taken part in different types of it, romancerp, gangrp, schoolrp, etc. I enjoy all of them. I've been playing on this server since February.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department

↳ Description: Is the highest position in one of the many fields of subjects in highschool.

- QT

↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: Is the next step from being newly Qualified teacher, basically means that the teacher has a good amount of experience as a teacher.

- NQT

↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: Once a teacher finishes their training and passes, they will receive this role/tag allowing for others to know that they are new to teaching.

- UT

↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description: This is the first step to becoming a teacher, they must go through 2 sessions of teacher training and pass to be qualified.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are the ones in charge to host classes and teach students not only their assigned subject, but to teach them basic knowledge such as good behaviour, ethics, morals, and to be responsible. etc.

They get a salary of 450,000.00 yen if they meet their quota of 15 clases, and can earn an extra 50,000.00 yen for hosting 10 extra classes, of course there's a limit of 4 classes that can be hosted per OOC day. The way they teach is by hosting a class and they usually have a class planned, they try to make it fun or interesting because, let's be real, who would want to go to a class in minecraft if it's no fun. so teachers find ways to make things more engaging for the players and keep the roleplay a bit realistic to a school environment. In the teachers spare time, they will either grade work done, check on the clubs that they are supervising, during school hours they will also monitor the halls and school property while looking after students.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: bc they need to host classes to give the opportunity to players to grade up to college and be able to take part in more important roles. otherwise their applications will be denied due to them being assumed to be low experienced in roleplaying.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: I don't see any information about this system in the forums nor have ever heard of it.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Neo is a 5’8ft male with a long and interesting backstory that lead him up to where he is now.

He usually wears a suit and has a very friendly personality, he shows his affection or interest to people by giving them sweets, since he has trouble sleeping, he always has plenty of different types of candy in his bag/briefcase. His hair is a bit messy and wavy with a stripe of blue dye on the front. He's been in jail for almost a year for weapontrafficing and has been applying for different jobs since he was in jail so that he can be a part of society and have a positive effect in the community. He's been getting rejected but continues to search for a place for him in the city that isn't related to criminal activity. Hes sees students as an important part of the city since they are learning to become good people and need to be able to have the right mentality to be a good impact in society, same with teachers, teachers must do their best to guide the student to the right path so that they won't be criminals on the outside world. Neo’s Main goal currently is to take part in society and be a good impact to the city.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would get their attention and ask them to explain why they're using that vulgar language and to stop speaking in a very unprofessional way, as a warning I'd let them know that they could get detention and that it would affect them a lot if they are in a sports team or club. They will most likely get detention without a warning since they should know better. Their grade would be taken in consideration if they only get a warning.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I'd ask for them to take a seat and give them a warning to listen to the instructions given and give detention to those who continue to disturb the class or other students from their work. If the same student(s) continue to disrupt the class, they will be kicked.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

The same way he acts in every area in the school, in a professional way. He isn't playing teacher, or just acting like one around students, everyone should behave.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d stand in front of the class and watch the students entering and looking for a seat, he observes the look on their faces just to see how they're doing.

/me he would look around the class checking if anyone had any questions, comments or concerns about the topic and what has been explained.

/me he’d take a seat at his desk taking a slow sip from his coffee mug that reads “student tears”, and setting it down next to a plastic skull decoration. He had an interesting sense of humor.

/me he’d slowly walk towards the student with an old dusty book and setting it on his desk for him to study with a note of the tutor he should see if more help was needed.

Backstory

Neo came from a small orphanage in the United States that was closed down due to the lack of funds. Neo, along with the other orphans, were never allowed to step outside the house, he usually spent his time drawing landscapes of cities and forests, and wondered how it would be to explore those places, he then discovered traditional animation, which was drawing frames by hand in thin paper and putting them together to create the illusion of movement. After that, it was his way to recreate what was outside the house in a more lively way.

Nobody really talks about each other's parents or their lives before they got to the orphanage, But Neo's case was different. He's the only one who has lived there since he was born, which is why he was so curious about the world outside the house. The people in charge of the orphanage say that Neo's parents put him in the orphanage because they weren't financially safe, but there's rumors that they were, if so, nobody would really know the reason why they lied. This however didn't bother Neo, he says that he's not interested in finding out about his parents, they're just strangers to him.

Years later, the orphanage had to close down and all the orphans were sent to different locations, this is when Neo arrived in Japan, and started to see the world he's been missing out on, making new friends and learning how to survive as an independent student. He couldn't be in a better place than here. After living in Karakura for a few years, he decided to become a high school teacher to teach students about animation and how amazing it is. He's currently trying to find a place for him in society to take part in the community and start being a better impact for the students and the city.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Neo Corvid

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): some friends used to call me flower boy because I collect rare flowers

Preferred Name: Neo

Age (Minimum is 27): 27

Religious Denomination: Shintoism

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American

Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
no experience as a teacher

Academic Degree: masters

Year of Graduation: 2020

Major(s): Digital Arts

Minors: Animation

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: French & Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: no

Extra

/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

Do you have any questions?:
what is the lesson planning system used on the school?

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of D.T. (Graphics) Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class. & The answer to your question is MSCoW

Users who are viewing this thread