players online

New Gangrp rules!! thoughts?

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
I say we just add a dojo so people can start Karaterping
There is a Dojo at the shrine which you can use
The rules are already confusing as it is, there are no written rules about motive, everyone has different ideas of what motive truly is.
If you aren't sure if you have a valid motive you can always create a ticket in-game (Fact) or go to the KC #help channel (I think)

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
There is a Dojo at the shrine. People too co

If you aren't sure if you have a valid motive you can always create a ticket in-game (Fact) or go to the KC #help channel (I think)
oh. ok simpl3z thanks for correcting me.

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
MY OPINION ABOUT THE NEW GANGRP RULES
The new rule about you can't shatter knee caps when you have minors is AMAZING like im a gangrper and i already broken like at least 20+ kneecaps in the start of december and i forgot that it lacks lore, even with the long context icly it lacks lore as well its really easy to do so like just approuched them with a metal bat and slam the bat onto the knee and if won then knee cap shattered, its quite easy to do and i forgot that if you have a shattered knee cap, you'll be in the hospital for AWHILE like 2 days but still, getting minors is easy even getting motive so i think this is fine, as well the new rules for pwp being you can't just "Yo pass 5k" or not you'll get beat up so fair changes.

But the part that i got concerned is the majors, i mean im fine with it but the at least 50% 50% split from its reactions, people liked the new rules and people HATED the rules like my first impression of the new rules was like "NEW RULES SH*T" but when i thought about it, its decent since its going to be more lorebased really, as well with good motive and lore for taking a limb or carving it but the reason why it concered me is the gangrp community, since taking limbs was a BIG BIG BIG part of gangrp to like show your skills but lately that wasn't the case. Gangrp is now different and this is what i call "A NEW ERA OF GANGRP" since not a lot of the new gen gangrpers bothered by it, its mostly the old gens but a few of them didnt liked it but from what i've based from, just a new era of gangrp...
ok now my honest reaction to this. If you disagree with the current rules, make a crime suggestion. This suggestion is towards permissions and a new rule change which I'm actually rather confused on what your talking about. Your stating your opinion, I don't see a suggestion. If your saying it lacks lore, then that's up to the person who has the permissions choice. Frequently most gang's don't do lore or attempt to but in the end most change from perm-hungry to lore-based, keep in mind I said most not everyone. But if this suggestion is towards the crime faction then I suggest putting it in Karakura Crime's suggestion post seeing as it is up to lead to decide whether or not this happens and not KimiNoUso's choice.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a war that happened by ends of December 2023 and January 2024 with Black Dragons and other gangs? I heard a lot about that and also that they recently ended the war, like, recently recently.
they weren't official wars nor good ones.

tayfun

Level 71
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
All together the new changes to permissions are good, but also may give a massive decline in jobs (BMD, KPD etc) as they'll be less people buying weapons and less people to arrest. It will also add to the current massive decline in gangRP. But hey, people are gonna get creative? Hopefully, we're just gonna have to wait around and see what happens.
I mean, hey. Assault is still assault, whether someone's leg is chopped off or simply broken lol

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a war that happened by ends of December 2023 and January 2024 with Black Dragons and other gangs? I heard a lot about that and also that they recently ended the war, like, recently recently.
Your in the wrong. No war's have happened, only thing that has happened is Mochido having big brawls with Black Dragon's and Mefiutso recently. The most recent war is the one with Black Dragon's and Kyorin but their only doing knock-outs and I don't mean to be rude but their war isnt exciting at all. It's just a Kyogoku vs Rokuhara 2.0 without Man'en helping.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
"Always remember... aim for the nuts"

Y[GRADE-12] Nazuna Kou (1).gif
I notice that you keep manually pasting your signature in every post that you make, and I just want to make you aware of the fact that you can set it up to happen automatically in https://schoolrp.net/account/signature so that you don't have to worry about it

Also I hate gangrp

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I mean, hey. Assault is still assault, whether someone's leg is chopped off or simply broken lol
Yes, however there are higher charges for taking legs than there is assault. Assault is a misdemeanour and you get 2 quota points, assault with a deadly weapon is a felony which achieves you a much higher quota and are generally more fun to deal with. May it be noted also people often don't call for fights, and with the CCTV still broken (I believe) KPD aren't able to check for fights at plaza

tayfun

Level 71
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
Yes, however there are higher charges for taking legs than there is assault. Assault is a misdemeanour and you get 2 quota points, assault with a deadly weapon is a felony which achieves you a much higher quota and are generally more fun to deal with. May it be noted also people often don't call for fights, and with the CCTV still broken (I believe) KPD aren't able to check for fights at plaza
However small the quota is, it adds up. :')

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
I think it was a good thing that there was a risk that something would happen to my character if he got into trouble with other people. It provided a certain dramatic change, which I'm unfortunately missing a bit at the moment.
I don't know which exact impact the new rules will have, but I think it's clear that it will now be harder for anything to have a lasting effect on characters. And a lot of players would like nothing to ever happen to their character, but I think that's firstly rather unrealistic and secondly a bit boring, isn't it?

Mialyansa

Level 64
I think it was a good thing that there was a risk that something would happen to my character if he got into trouble with other people. It provided a certain dramatic change, which I'm unfortunately missing a bit at the moment.
I don't know which exact impact the new rules will have, but I think it's clear that it will now be harder for anything to have a lasting effect on characters. And a lot of players would like nothing to ever happen to their character, but I think that's firstly rather unrealistic and secondly a bit boring, isn't it?
Yes, I understand your complains about the characters being more shielded. However the rule didnt maje distinctions between a drama school character and a criminal character. The past majors system reduced the type of conflictivity around school drama because of that problem. Since the problem affected negatively the scholars, who are the most important faction, the rule was changed on behalf of said conflictivity. But in exchange, fights have less dire consequences and this is understandably a cause for concern of gang rpers. Now, the choice is up to the people to decide wether the risk of losing a limb is benefitial to a character storyline.
The people who were baiting for perms will probably be the ones who give the least limb permissions. In the end they are the same people but one thing has changed it is now gangrpers are the ones who endure those peoples action and poor roleplay. Although lets be real, those people will have to choose to evolve into good rpers or leave the secenery.

Resumed: you are half wrong as, for most characters, which look foward to have a student storyline, losing a limb is way out of line. Not even in the most crazy school drama films you get an amputation for some punches. This is only applicable for violent criminal characters.

ThatBurningFox

Level 7
ThatBurningFox
ThatBurningFox
Omega+
Except it literally won't be harder for things to have a lasting impact on a character... if you actually... play a character.

Mental scars and emotional trauma cut far deeper than is given credit for; not to mention that getting broken bones and being hospitalised for several weeks is a massive thing to go through for anyone. Resorting to cutting off limbs and all that stuff is unnecessary of an 'impact'. Sure, it makes a massive physical change and lets you have the twisted satisfaction of "hey, I did that to this character!!!" but like. ...That's just- like, why? Why???

You simply have to have better reasoning on your side and consent from the person you're doing anything more than a bone break to, which I think is literally just. Superior.

For "nothing to ever happen to their character", well, that's just subjective. Bone breaks are still big enough of a consequence. If they don't want anything more to happen (such as literal character death) then they shouldn't have to be forced into it when it's a school focused RP server. Death, disappearances and amputation of limbs is sure as hell not something you hear about happening NEARLY as commonly as it was happening, if at all, at schools, so like. Which is MORE unrealistic, really?

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
Now, the choice is up to the people to decide wether the risk of losing a limb is benefitial to a character storyline.
This is true and I'm not sure if its a good thing. I like to play dynamic characters, characters that change slightly but constantly and I think that each roleplay event has an impact on them. I also think that I should not be the only person to change my character's personality and behaviour. Instead, I am of the opinion that other players should be able to change my character's traits too. I feel like everyone only focusses on their own story, there is too much isolation regarding character development imo.
I heard other people had worse experiences and that's fair, but I think it was very easy to control what happened to your character and what not if you paid a lot of attention.
they shouldn't have to be forced into it
That's why I feel like you're exaggerating here.
I agree that students losing limbs and so on is not really realistic and that it should've happened less, but it's been avoidable in my opinion. I mean none of my characters experienced that before.

Last edited:

Mialyansa

Level 64
This is true and I'm not sure if its a good thing. I like to play dynamic characters, characters that change slightly but constantly and I think that each roleplay event has an impact on them. I also think that I should not be the only person to change my character's personality and behaviour. Instead, I am of the opinion that other players should be able to change my character's traits too. I feel like everyone only focusses on their own story, there is too much isolation regarding character development imo.
I heard other people had worse experiences and that's fair, but I think it was very easy to control what happened to your character and what not if you paid a lot of attention.
However the past major permission rule was removed because it led to characters losing limbs put of the blue. It is common knowledge that the playerbase complained that the rule didnt offer good development. Major permissions were random, not well written nor prepared. One thing is being shelfish about your character, another thing is wanting your character storyline to make sense and to add up. Lets bring erik finster case as testimony.

"My ALT account character once saw masked people enter the hospital and called the police.
Three masked people came into the Family Store and knocked them over the head the very next day.
They brought them to the sewers, cut off their limb with an axe, and disappeared. No further context.

It was nice because of the novelty of the situation, but sadly there was little to nothing to connect this incdent with the story of the character afterwards." - Fragment of Erikfinster reply to the local thread.

Having injuries for the sake of having injuries is not a reliable way to add background to your character, context matters. Forcing characters into development they arent designed for is something that can ruin said character. Sometimes two storylines just dont mix well. You are not being considerate or helping a character through that type of gameplay, that is just being egoistical. Being considerate is according with the other player the the limb permissions duration, what limb is going to be taken or asking them wether or not they want certain limb removed or just carvings.

To make things worse it doesnt even develop the assaulting character. In the end is not for a deep motive like a deadly rivalry but for some petty and bad designed activity quota.

Gangrp has an anoying tendency to insert themselves into characters storylines by putting characters in trouble and them having said characters to pay with their limbs. Remember the school dorms situation?

Resumed: forcing others characters to go through edgy stuff doesnt necesarly help to make them interesting, this depends on the character context. Meeting the perm usage activity quotas is not developing your character, thank god the most of the gang rp scenery has already learnt this

Last edited:

ThatBurningFox

Level 7
ThatBurningFox
ThatBurningFox
Omega+
I also think that I should not be the only person to change my character's personality and behaviour. Instead, I am of the opinion that other players should be able to change my character's traits too. I feel like everyone only focusses on their own story, there is too much isolation regarding character development imo.
What does limb removal have to do with any of what you've said? Like. Breaking bones does exactly the same thing. So does beating someone up. Trauma. Etc. Regardless, my characters are also dynamic. The characters around them have influenced their development IMMENSELY over the time I've played them and I've been open to creating relationships and stories with lots of people.

Limb removal and murder are not the only things that equate to development/changing characters...

Last thing I care about seeing is someone at school casually bringing up with a teacher "oh yeah so I lost my eye, my left arm and my big toe to gang members" as though they're some sort of mark of development/good character writing that nobody else has. It. It literally isn't. It's just an injury for the sake of an injury. I genuinely have not seen a single instance where limb removal was justifiably motivated IC. It's just absolutely ridiculous.

it's been avoidable in my opinion. I mean none of my characters experienced that before.
Yet there are countless examples of people getting it done to them without them wanting it to happen. People that have literally been unable to continue playing their characters because of it, even. It's sickening- and for reasons that are ridiculously overblown in a narrative sense. The problem isn't the fact that it's 'hard to avoid' in the first place anyway, it's the fact that it's a possibility at all for it to happen as a consequence of MUCH less grim/cruel actions that's the core issue. The change in general just puts an emphasis on, again, consent, which is a GOOD THING.

Player CHOICE is extremely important and saying it isn't is just like. ???????????????? We're on an RP server, we're writing stories together. It's not just a game.

Speaking from my OWN experience: I myself got into a fist-fight on another character of mine and I ended up KOing someone in the street. I was then informed that they had majors on me. I was in disbelief, because it was a simple fist fight, no killing intent- heat of the moment brawl that happens all the time in reality. I checked the rules, lo and behold, it was correct. I was told beforehand by a friend that majors were only given if you used a weapon, not just from a fist fight. So I was absolutely shook reading it.

...Yes, I could have been meticulously reading the rules and avoided the situation in the first place, I guess. But that would've went against my character: it would've been OOC fear affecting IC actions, which is a BIG NO NO.

And given the spur of the moment anger induced fight that happened? The MUTUAL FIGHT, where both participants wanted to pummel each other into the pavement? A one time occurrence, that wasn't targeted like say, a bully constantly beating someone up every single day of the week? ...Yeah, no, going to limb removal for that is absolutely stupid. And given that I never really interacted with the person I got into a fight with AT ALL after the fight itself, had they actually removed a limb of my character like they were "entitled" to by the SRP rules, it would've just been a missing arm that served... ...literally no purpose. I would've probably just stopped playing the character for a while because trying to actually roleplay out missing an entire limb as a result of something so petty is just mind-bogglingly hard to comprehend. People really do not understand just how severe of a blow such a thing would do to someone's psyche, let alone a 16 year old student.

TL;DR: You can affect characters in so many other ways than just removing their limbs or killing them. Yes, you could avoid the situations, but it feels extremely artificial and forced to do so, when in reality conflict is normal and healthy and ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT ESCALATE TO LIMB REMOVAL.

stylishcamo

Level 9
Tostjle
Tostjle
Omega+
ok now my honest reaction to this. If you disagree with the current rules, make a crime suggestion. This suggestion is towards permissions and a new rule change which I'm actually rather confused on what your talking about. Your stating your opinion, I don't see a suggestion. If your saying it lacks lore, then that's up to the person who has the permissions choice. Frequently most gang's don't do lore or attempt to but in the end most change from perm-hungry to lore-based, keep in mind I said most not everyone. But if this suggestion is towards the crime faction then I suggest putting it in Karakura Crime's suggestion post seeing as it is up to lead to decide whether or not this happens and not KimiNoUso's choice.
nah, im fine with the rules anyways :D

Users who are viewing this thread