New Trailer Suggestion

k4zuh1r4

Level 2
IGN:
xCypherz_
DATE:
14/5/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to propose a new cinematic trailer for SRP, since the last one was not good enough, in my opinion.
This is my attempt to remake the SchoolRP trailer, separated from the rest of the Roleplay Hub. The video is set to "Private".
Reasons and suggestions for improvements:
Before we jump straight to a conclusion, let's have a look at the original 30-seconds trailer/title video of Roleplay Hub, which also includes FRP.

Before we start, I want to emphasize that all of this is just my own opinion, as a form of suggestion, no hard feelings. I do welcome suggestions, and I will try my best to improve myself too.

Shaders:
The shaders that was used in the original trailer was BSL if I am correct. Yes, BSL Shaders is well-known for being balanced between performance and quality, but to do so, it cut down graphical tasks by using some cheap tricks and performance tweaks as a replacement.
I suggest that if you were able to step up the game for a little bit, Continuum and SEUS would be the available options. Why Continuum or SEUS? These two shaders are known for their graphical-consuming behavior while being used, but with the right settings and scenarios, it would be far more realistic than any other shaders, as they tend to let users tweak every available settings as much as possible. While SEUS focuses on developing Global Illumination, Continuum would have a cinematography approach, allowing the users to tweak the settings as if it was a true high-end camera. And one more noticeable difference between performance shaders such as BSL and Chocapic13's Shaders and high-end ones such as Continuum and SEUS is lighting. The lighting rendered in cheap shaders are often made with fake and colored godrays, and in contrast, Continuum would use a large variety of methods of calculating light bounces that it's accuracy is nearly "Path-Traced".
Demonstration:
2021-05-14_23.19.14.jpg
Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.14 - 23.24.01.99.jpg
Upper image: BSL Shaders 7.1.04.1
Lower image: Continuum 2.1 Alpha Build 10

Additional Notes: Continuum Shaders is developed based on realism. Adding LUT Filters to match the main concept or the contents of the video is recommended.

Video Layout:
It is great to see a simple layout, featuring the servers by putting a logo down at the bottom right, but it is almost unnoticeable due to the video being rendered at 4:3, making the video feels large and it is impossible to focus and pay attention to all the details on the screen.
Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.14 - 23.50.55.91.jpg

Suggestions: adds black bars, or renders the video at 16:9 or 21:9, bouncing the focus of the audience to the center of the screen. Adding information on the screen at this point seems to be a lot easier to read.Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.14 - 23.50.55.91 (1).jpg

Camera Positioning and Movements:
To be honest, the camera positioning throughout the trailer is inconsistent and pretty much randomized.
The movements of the camera represent the lack of experience in cinematography, both in real life and in video games. Most of the movements in scenes are simply just unstable pan shots, with no further techniques on keyframe positioning.
And one of the most common mistakes of rendering footages like this is the incapability of setting the FOV correctly. Setting the FOV correctly depending on the scenes may help you to utilize the footages more efficiently. In the original trailer, the FOV of the footages was all fixed to a number. If I have to guess, approximately 120. At the level of 120, the Field of View would be twisted and warped ugly.
The recommended FOV numbers for close-up shots at objects are down below.
Demonstrations:

FOV: 30

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.15 - 00.37.33.36.jpg

FOV: 45

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.15 - 00.37.43.28.jpg

FOV: 60

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.15 - 00.37.50.41.jpg

Footage Processing/Editing:
There is nothing much to discuss. The only thing I want to address here is the poorly executed fade-in-fade-out transitioning between the footages that were already hard to use. The layout of the whole video is rather simple, but certainly inconsistent and does not represent any potential or any aspects of the server itself in my opinion.

Conclusion:
So, I hope that my remake is accepted, or at least get some feedback on where to fix and improve. And I also hope that I am able to help you guys, I mean, server staffs to figure out the basics of Minecraft cinematography and editing. I do Minecraft cinematics products too, so if you need some help on a promotional video or anything like that, hit me up on Discord - Kazuhira#1975

I'll leave my "suggestion version" of the trailer again down below if you lost track of it. And also, if this one is accepted, I'll do some modifications for it to become a proper promotional video.

Last edited:

lunately

Level 11
lunately
lunately
Fundraiser+
As a fellow editor, this is highly respectable, i can tell a good few days went into this, and personally, I feel this looks amazing .

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1
I do agree that a new trailer with this kind of format would be really good to have. I have never seen any other japanese-based server do such a thing, and doing this could potentially appeal to more people

Besides that, I need to say that I'm honestly impressed by the amount of passion that's been put into this. It just shows that the community can create marvelous stuff like this. I honestly want to thank all of the people who have worked on this for making such a piece of art (kinda made me have goose bumps), and thanks for belonging to this amazing community

suneaterchan

Level 105
This is so awesome genuinely. I got like kind of emotional for some ODD REASON while watching it despite it literally being Minecraft. It’s so insane how you managed to achieve that with. MINECRAFT dude... that’s so crazy
Once it ended I was waiting for some ditzy schoolgirl to be rushing out the door with a piece of toast in her mouth and getting on her bicycle!!

k4zuh1r4

Level 2
+1
I do agree that a new trailer with this kind of format would be really good to have. I have never seen any other japanese-based server do such a thing, and doing this could potentially appeal to more people

Besides that, I need to say that I'm honestly impressed by the amount of passion that's been put into this. It just shows that the community can create marvelous stuff like this. I honestly want to thank all of the people who have worked on this for making such a piece of art (kinda made me have goose bumps), and thanks for belonging to this amazing community

Thank you so much, and all of this was made by me, a single person. It took me quite some time to complete.

Vinni

Level 18
BIG BIG +1
Do I even have to explain my +1? I really enjoyed the entire thing, it was honestly really nice.
I'm a fellow editor and this is just amazing in my opinion. I'm pretty sure we all got emotional from it to be completely honest since it was really awesome, this is honestly a really nice trailer.

I'm truly impressed from this and the amount I enjoyed this, since it was quite an enjoyable trailer, especially the music to go along with it was perfecto.
I think it's awesome how you can do this much, just from minecraft.
Pretty sure just the video explains my entire +1 since it was truly enjoyable!

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
this is really cool!!!! BIG UPS BROSKI!!!!! my only feedback is that some of the screenshots look really dark in the trailer and i dont think that portrays the bright-anime-esque facade the server has (ignores gangrp)

k4zuh1r4

Level 2
this is really cool!!!! BIG UPS BROSKI!!!!! my only feedback is that some of the screenshots look really dark in the trailer and i dont think that portrays the bright-anime-esque facade the server has (ignores gangrp)

Thank you so much for reminding me that xD. Noted.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
IM SOBBING?????

The production quality is on another level and how did you even get those moving shots so perfectly and the music is MMMMM if I saw this the first time I searched for schoolrp I would have immediately joined no questions asked. If anything I would have thought a new unforeseen Minecraft anime was about to unleash itself.

it would also be nice if they started do videos like this with big events they do where it shares small yet important pieces of the plot/lore of the server. I actually love storytelling videos like this and it would honestly be cool if even the lore team helped did videos like this with amazing editors in their side such as you tEEhee

so uh fat +1

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
great stuff man!! small suggestion tho: try using brighter screenshots and maybe english text cause some people might think it's a japanese server OOCly

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
THIS IS SO EPIC OMGFDIFWFWJFKR PLS WE NEED THIS TO BE SRPS INTRO!!!???
Very good job, +8! (Turn the 8 to the right owo)

k4zuh1r4

Level 2
IM SOBBING?????

The production quality is on another level and how did you even get those moving shots so perfectly and the music is MMMMM if I saw this the first time I searched for schoolrp I would have immediately joined no questions asked. If anything I would have thought a new unforeseen Minecraft anime was about to unleash itself.

it would also be nice if they started do videos like this with big events they do where it shares small yet important pieces of the plot/lore of the server. I actually love storytelling videos like this and it would honestly be cool if even the lore team helped did videos like this with amazing editors in their side such as you tEEhee

so uh fat +1
Thank you so much, and hit me up if u need help on ur Film Club

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN:
xCypherz_
DATE:
14/5/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to propose a new cinematic trailer for SRP, since the last one was not good enough, in my opinion.
This is my attempt to remake the SchoolRP trailer, separated from the rest of the Roleplay Hub. The video is set to "Private".
Reasons and suggestions for improvements:
Before we jump straight to a conclusion, let's have a look at the original 30-seconds trailer/title video of Roleplay Hub, which also includes FRP.

Before we start, I want to emphasize that all of this is just my own opinion, as a form of suggestion, no hard feelings. I do welcome suggestions, and I will try my best to improve myself too.

Shaders:
The shaders that was used in the original trailer was BSL if I am correct. Yes, BSL Shaders is well-known for being balanced between performance and quality, but to do so, it cut down graphical tasks by using some cheap tricks and performance tweaks as a replacement.
I suggest that if you were able to step up the game for a little bit, Continuum and SEUS would be the available options. Why Continuum or SEUS? These two shaders are known for their graphical-consuming behavior while being used, but with the right settings and scenarios, it would be far more realistic than any other shaders, as they tend to let users tweak every available settings as much as possible. While SEUS focuses on developing Global Illumination, Continuum would have a cinematography approach, allowing the users to tweak the settings as if it was a true high-end camera. And one more noticeable difference between performance shaders such as BSL and Chocapic13's Shaders and high-end ones such as Continuum and SEUS is lighting. The lighting rendered in cheap shaders are often made with fake and colored godrays, and in contrast, Continuum would use a large variety of methods of calculating light bounces that it's accuracy is nearly "Path-Traced".
Demonstration:
View attachment 19600
View attachment 19599
Upper image: BSL Shaders 7.1.04.1
Lower image: Continuum 2.1 Alpha Build 10

Additional Notes: Continuum Shaders is developed based on realism. Adding LUT Filters to match the main concept or the contents of the video is recommended.

Video Layout:
It is great to see a simple layout, featuring the servers by putting a logo down at the bottom right, but it is almost unnoticeable due to the video being rendered at 4:3, making the video feels large and it is impossible to focus and pay attention to all the details on the screen.
View attachment 19601

Suggestions: adds black bars, or renders the video at 16:9 or 21:9, bouncing the focus of the audience to the center of the screen. Adding information on the screen at this point seems to be a lot easier to read.View attachment 19602

Camera Positioning and Movements:
To be honest, the camera positioning throughout the trailer is inconsistent and pretty much randomized.
The movements of the camera represent the lack of experience in cinematography, both in real life and in video games. Most of the movements in scenes are simply just unstable pan shots, with no further techniques on keyframe positioning.
And one of the most common mistakes of rendering footages like this is the incapability of setting the FOV correctly. Setting the FOV correctly depending on the scenes may help you to utilize the footages more efficiently. In the original trailer, the FOV of the footages was all fixed to a number. If I have to guess, approximately 120. At the level of 120, the Field of View would be twisted and warped ugly.
The recommended FOV numbers for close-up shots at objects are down below.
Demonstrations:

FOV: 30

View attachment 19604

FOV: 45

View attachment 19605

FOV: 60

View attachment 19606

Footage Processing/Editing:
There is nothing much to discuss. The only thing I want to address here is the poorly executed fade-in-fade-out transitioning between the footages that were already hard to use. The layout of the whole video is rather simple, but certainly inconsistent and does not represent any potential or any aspects of the server itself in my opinion.

Conclusion:
So, I hope that my remake is accepted, or at least get some feedback on where to fix and improve. And I also hope that I am able to help you guys, I mean, server staffs to figure out the basics of Minecraft cinematography and editing. I do Minecraft cinematics products too, so if you need some help on a promotional video or anything like that, hit me up on Discord - Kazuhira#5111

I'll leave my "suggestion version" of the trailer again down below if you lost track of it. And also, if this one is accepted, I'll do some modifications for it to become a proper promotional video.

I love this!!! but I think a few shots should have actual players in them (as to show off the types of things you can do)

maybe one with a few gangrpers over someone on the floor
a filled classroom
ppl walking into school

stuff like that.

otherwise ur video was FAN-FUCKEN-TASTIC

k4zuh1r4

Level 2
I love this!!! but I think a few shots should have actual players in them (as to show off the types of things you can do)

maybe one with a few gangrpers over someone on the floor
a filled classroom
ppl walking into school

stuff like that.

otherwise ur video was FAN-FUCKEN-TASTIC
Sorry, I'll do that next time, if I have a chance to.
I did thought about capturing the scenes of players doing their normal stuff, but it is really hard, since everyone tends to gather around spawn and stands there chatting for hours. It looks crowded and hard to figure out anything from the scenes.
If I have a chance to have actors and actress it would be easier for me to record those kind of footages as a director.

Users who are viewing this thread