mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

oInfi | Disorder Authorization Application Suggestion

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
I think they are specifically only applying this situation to people who want more than 4 disorders on one character, not if you want a disorder in the first place.
I'm struggling to find a point in this suggestion. This would require a way for staff to be on track of people who have more than X disorders, meaning they'd need to have a system in-game or a list somewhere else to register and check people. Besides all that, this'd also bring yet another thing to enforce and moderate, which is extremely difficult, since they already have many things to keep track of.

As Yonio previously mentioned, people can always report anyone who is making things too fiction-ey or unrealistic, but who's going to judge whether a type of roleplay is unrealistic or not is the staff team.

And on the same note, my point of "You shouldn't be limited by an authorization system and extensive guidelines that only limit your creativity" still stands, and I believe this proposed system would only increase that quite well.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I'm struggling to find a point in this suggestion. This would require a way for staff to be on track of people who have more than X disorders, meaning they'd need to have a system in-game or a list somewhere else to register and check people. Besides all that, this'd also bring yet another thing to enforce and moderate, which is extremely difficult, since they already have many things to keep track of.

As Yonio previously mentioned, people can always report anyone who is making things too fiction-ey or unrealistic, but who's going to judge whether a type of roleplay is unrealistic or not is the staff team.

And on the same note, my point of "You shouldn't be limited by an authorization system and extensive guidelines that only limit your creativity" still stands, and I believe this proposed system would only increase that quite well.
Maybe instead of applications then they should simply implement a rule that states that disorders can not be continuously stacked over characters.

i had someone come in the council office other day from fainting, I asked then what they thought might have caused it and they proceeded to list 9 disorders and a heart condition to me.

Last edited:

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
Maybe instead of applications then they should simply implement a rule that states that disorders can not be continuously stacked over characters.

i had someone come in the council office other day from fainting, I asked then what they thought might have caused it and they proceeded to list 9 disorders and a heart condition to me.
what living in california for 2 weeks does to you

+1

After reading both sides of the argument, I think Infi's suggestion is the best! EMS can still diagnose THREE disorders without any complications, and when one wants more than that they will have to provide valid reasoning

lowkeyHades

Level 23
IowkeyHades
IowkeyHades
Notable+
I

While i agree with your point, it also does need serious regulations. You would find it really difficult IRL to get diagnosed with 4 disorders, and you’d still have 3 whole disorder spots you can use before applying. The issue what would be fixed is how to regulate it. The character would need to LIST their disorders in their /setbio this would contain 3 disorders max, if a fourth is there, you should be asked to show proof! I think this would be a good strategy and also help to regulate more authentic roleplay, it’s about realism at the end of the day

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+

it will prevent people from rp and they will get rage on EMS like how it happened to me.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
it will prevent people from rp and they will get rage on EMS like how it happened to me.
Shouldn’t be the EMS’s problem, if it’s an OOC rule they have no involvement with it and if they keep harassing them, as yonio said above, it can be taken to staff to be dealt with.

At the end of the day, what you do with your character is your choice and if you get told off for it that’s what happens, but in no way should I ask why you can’t breath and you list off 9 disorders with little to no relation to the cause.

It just complicates roleplay further for characters if anything and makes it feel like disorders are an accessory more than something to be roleplayed out, it feels unrealistic.

pashy

Level 183
this is a roleplay server- not IRL, and it shouldn't be confused between the two, Character authorization applications exist for a reason to specifically stop abuse of certain things, for example this should definitely be added to something you have to apply for in my opinion, again referring to you stating "imagine someone asks you to prove or explain why you suffer from mental illness &/or have physical disabilities. " this is Roleplay, so its not a personal attack at you, you're playing a character that isn't yourself.
Even if we do make them applications I still don't think they should be amount restricted. Staff can deny if they think it's unrealistic. I also think 1 can apply for more than 1 disorder at once if they're all connected... But generally, this was a thing before and got removed for a reason.. Keep it the way it is but disallow being unrealistic is the best option and EMS can just ignore any1 unrealistic or report them- it's already disallowed its just common sense there isn't a specific rule for it... But I think considering this suggestion making a rule for it would be an option and a possibility by now- if not doing what the actual suggestion is

Lizalopod

Level 130

Agreed. Reading through this in my opinion the best thing to do would be to have disorders be policed, implement some rules about how realistic they have to be, and just not limit them to applications in that sense.

pashy

Level 183
Tbh I change my mind I'm not -1 neither +1 but neutral but I'll still argue because it feels like it and I'd give some points too if heh.

hey , thats the whole point. we can't to deal with 3529527 disorders at the same time.
You don't necessarily have to... Again, if its unrealistic then it just can't be- we're suggesting another solution which is a rule. Even if it's common sense and unneeded, but to assist in your case incase someone argues or something I guess.

I also think if someone could manage to just become more realistic with his illnesses he could learn how to roleplay it. I think having the chance of having an illness gives you the ability to learn about it more and develop your role-playing school and mental illness roleplay.. So, we don't have to stop people from a being able to have it, because one of the roleplays unspoken purposes is it develops your knowledge, understanding, ability, etc. So people role-playing mental illines could help them get to know it and how to even do roleplay it eventually if you just keep up a bit and help them shouldn't take them long or get them too noisy

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
You don't necessarily have to... Again, if its unrealistic then it just can't be- we're suggesting another solution which is a rule.
instead of preventing everyone from rp, whats the problem to make a little format? it doesnt supposed to take more than 15 minutes to write one.Infi gave 3 as an example, but it can be every number; which it doesnt matter what will happen in the end they will attack EMS lol

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Even if we do make them applications I still don't think they should be amount restricted. Staff can deny if they think it's unrealistic. I also think 1 can apply for more than 1 disorder at once if they're all connected... But generally, this was a thing before and got removed for a reason.. Keep it the way it is but disallow being unrealistic is the best option and EMS can just ignore any1 unrealistic or report them- it's already disallowed its just common sense there isn't a specific rule for it... But I think considering this suggestion making a rule for it would be an option and a possibility by now- if not doing what the actual suggestion is
yeah this is fair enough, I'd propose as stated above, maybe 3 w/o applying then if there's more then they'd need to apply

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
The only reason I am down-voting this is because Disorder Authorization applications were disowned and/or removed due to the fact of management and keeping track. That was one if not the MAIN reason, and it has been shown with other suggestions like this. I do agree with the fact that players misused their self diagnosis, although going through and then afterwards keeping track of which player has or does not have it just adds to the Staffs tally.

Being an EMS, Psychiatrist back in 2019 - 2020 I can say that a lot of consideration and thought was put into it. Not only that but on an EMS side a lot of the members studied and took the time to learn, so I do agree with you on that sense.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- Sadly re-allowing authorizations for this is too difficult to moderate.​
- These sorts of things are up to common sense and research; if you are going to roleplay something like this out, it's generally recommended that you do so after visiting the hospital ICly & carrying out your own research.​
- If you find anyone to be offence/inappropriately roleplaying out disorders, please feel free to contact staff.​

Users who are viewing this thread