mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

oInfi | Rule Suggestion

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
It would only be restricted at faculty's work stations or outside of ongoing classes, meaning you'd still have well over 90% of the school to work with. Even if students intentionally avoiding areas that would get them in trouble seems unrealistic to you, it's more engaging roleplay-wise for faculty to learn about conflict dynamically instead of it being shoved in their face.
I just think it's an unnecessary restriction. . I don't think adding this will diminish baiting. Teachers and counselors are always in other areas too, they aren't stationary in classrooms or at the reception. Other students also aren't stationary in one place. Teenagers are immature beings, I don't think it's out of the ordinary to make silly choices. If people are baiting on purpose AND avoiding FearRP, they should be punished accordingly for that.

suneater

Level 90
Reason being, it stresses everyone out. Majorly. You wouldn’t want to be in a faculty member’s shoes when a grade-12 gets in your face and punches another student, refuses to listen to you, then runs away.
If they run away let them. From a past faculty member, if they aren't going to respond just stop responding to them. lol
If you can tell they aren't planning on rping, then don't rp back & report them to staff. Easy enough

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
People r going to bait perms either way.. lol. Restricting everyone from rping in a certain way in a certain place for the sake of the "10% who does" is pointless. You're forcing everyone to stop doing one thing because of a few people who messed around. If people were going to bait perms, they'd bait perms regardless of where they're doing it.
What’s being restricted is engaging in CombatRP directly in another faculty member’s face or office. That’s something that anyone should have enough common sense to not do. But unfortunately, baiters exist! And baiters do not bait when faculty aren’t around!

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
Reason being, it stresses everyone out. Majorly. You wouldn’t want to be in a faculty member’s shoes when a grade-12 gets in your face and punches another student, refuses to listen to you, then runs away.
It's not like I don't understand the frustration of that, I've been faculty previously and I'm also in KPD. Baiting is always prominent, no matter what. . But that's the point of the rules and staff members, if someone's breaking a rule it's to be reported. Restricting people who actually can SeriousRP from roleplaying in certain areas is really unnecessary.

suneater

Level 90
What’s being restricted is engaging in CombatRP directly in another faculty member’s face or office. That’s something that anyone should have enough common sense to not do. But unfortunately, baiters exist! And baiters do not bait when faculty aren’t around!
If people are baiting 1) Report them to staff 2) Ignore them if they continue.
Not every fight is going to happen behind closed doors, & honestly? It's a lot more fun when you get involved with a tad bit of combatrp when its unexpected, & characters won't always make smart decisions in the moment.

RP is more fun with conflict btw

ferretlover

Level 5
It doesn't stress EVERYONE out, it's literally just a handful of people.
- And, if that scenario was true it would be FailRP, and it would be re-done in the correct way?
My point still stands.
Simple things that can be fixed by staff and or IC teachers, you are basically just making it way more difficult than it really is.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
- And, if that scenario was true it would be FailRP, and it would be re-done in the correct way?
My point still stands.
Simple things that can be fixed by staff and or IC teachers, you are basically just making it way more difficult than it really is.
I’d send a screenshot of the faculty chat if I could, everyone was on board and agreed (including Maria) that this was a good idea to implement in order to remedy an ongoing issue while inside school. And, what I suggest does in fact make it easier. It wouldn’t kill anyone to not throw a punch directly in front of a receptionist

suneater

Level 90
Personally? I think we should stop implementing rules that limit the rp of people who do roleplay shit out seriously because of the vast minority of people who like to fuck around & bait.

I get implementing something thats like "Hey! Maybe try not to fight in these areas as often!", but restricting it completely? Stands to limit rp entirely. Teachers/Faculty are going to find you regardless of where you're rping & areas like the cafeteria?????

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
My point still stands.
You're correct that this would be FailRP, The main point in having this implemented is to avoid FailRP, Calling staff over to a situation can sometimes be time consuming (with staff members being potentially busy etc.) It can be stressful for some people to have to gather a plethra of screenshots from a situation that happened in a high-traffic area with 20-30 other people talking in chat making it difficult to see what happened. This being implemented would stop those instances of this happening, drawing a clear line as to where these situations cannot take place, as they'd make no sense to!
If people are baiting 1) Report them to staff 2) Ignore them if they continue.
Not every fight is going to happen behind closed doors, & honestly? It's a lot more fun when you get involved with a tad bit of combatrp when its unexpected, & characters won't always make smart decisions in the moment.

RP is more fun with conflict btw
You shouldn't have to ignore situations and other players because of this, reporting to staff, sure- this is making it so there's a clear definition of when they're breaking the rules. Not all fights have to happen behind closed doors, hence why there's the other 90% of the school where you can do them in! (outside classes that aren't actively being used, anywhere in the open) the whole 'RP is more fun with conflict' doesn't have to be the case! RP can be more fun when making solid relationships, things that DON'T involve being at odds with other players

suneater

Level 90
'RP is more fun with conflict' doesn't have to be the case! RP can be more fun when making solid relationships, things that DON'T involve being at odds with other players
1676080227272.png
Of course you can write something without conflict, but conflict ultimately drives a story. You aren't always going to be happy with everyone & it's fun having a variety of different relationships with different characters rather than omg!! We're all besties!!!

You shouldn't have to ignore situations and other players because of this, reporting to staff, sure- this is making it so there's a clear definition of when they're breaking the rules.
I'm saying ignore situations where it's clear the other person isn't planning to listen and rp- hence why we're calling them baiters. Again, you shouldn't have to limit the majority of the server (WHO DOES PLAN TO RP!!), solely because some players were fucking around & weren't planning to rp in the first place

Of course baiters are annoying, but you guys are just trying to enforce something that hurts people who are planning to rp it out. Again, of course not every fight should happen in areas like the receptionist desk, but sometimes things happen.

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
I’d send a screenshot of the faculty chat if I could, everyone was on board and agreed (including Maria) that this was a good idea to implement in order to remedy an ongoing issue while inside school. And, what I suggest does in fact make it easier. It wouldn’t kill anyone to not throw a punch directly in front of a receptionist
Receptionists/teachers/professors/other employees can be anywhere at any time, they aren't contained to their classrooms. . What's the point of restricting certain areas when school employees will probably see you either way?
You're correct that this would be FailRP, The main point in having this implemented is to avoid FailRP, Calling staff over to a situation can sometimes be time consuming (with staff members being potentially busy etc.) It can be stressful for some people to have to gather a plethra of screenshots from a situation that happened in a high-traffic area with 20-30 other people talking in chat making it difficult to see what happened. This being implemented would stop those instances of this happening, drawing a clear line as to where these situations cannot take place, as they'd make no sense to!
I feel like restricting this wouldn't solve the issue though. It's still going to happen either way, it'll still be FailRP either way, and it'll still have to be dealt with either way. This is like- stacking rules. You already can't FailRP, you already can't bait, and you have to obey FearRP- if none of these rules are preventing them from happening, how is restricting CombatRP in these areas going to do the job? Rulebreaking and baiting are inevitable. From what I understand, this rule would ban CombatRP from taking place in the cafeteria, anywhere near the reception, anywhere near classrooms (that do take up most of the school). . and on top of that, you have to worry about the faculty & Councilors that are patrolling around the entirety of the school. Again, it's unnecessarily restrictive.

nebulosi

Level 15
fortitudo
fortitudo
Rich
Logically, this wouldn't make much sense. Hindering roleplay for students for the sake of staff not doing their job (i.e warning for baiting and things alike) shouldn't result to us banning conflict/CombatRP in those areas. This is SchoolRP, after all. Fights could and WILL happen anywhere in the school during those school hours because players have the freedom to do so.

And to reiterate: This is a roleplay server. Why make the experience less fun for students and faculty? Why take away part of the realism? And if this happens to be a common problem amongst faculty... why did they apply for the position? Sure, it can be stressful or frustrating to deal with at some times, but that's what can make these interactions enjoyable. I'm currently a receptionist, and I've definitely had more than one of those "this is painfully annoying" moments while handling students. Even still, I enjoy roleplaying that position because it's cool to play out. If a faculty member can't have fun with the job they signed up for, then leave.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Logically, this wouldn't make much sense. Hindering roleplay for students for the sake of staff not doing their job (i.e warning for baiting and things alike) shouldn't result to us banning conflict/CombatRP in those areas. This is SchoolRP, after all. Fights could and WILL happen anywhere in the school during those school hours because players have the freedom to do so.

And to reiterate: This is a roleplay server. Why make the experience less fun for students and faculty? Why take away part of the realism? And if this happens to be a common problem amongst faculty... why did they apply for the position? Sure, it can be stressful or frustrating to deal with at some times, but that's what can make these interactions enjoyable. I'm currently a receptionist, and I've definitely had more than one of those "this is painfully annoying" moments while handling students. Even still, I enjoy roleplaying that position because it's cool to play out. If a faculty member can't have fun with the job they signed up for, then leave.
It’s not banning conflict, just combatrp. There’s a difference!

The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
I love reading all of these things... but like- you're all saying this would be taking away "realism..." I just want to know what type of Highschools you all went to that beating up kids in the main entrance is normal...? No hate, but like-

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
I love reading all of these things... but like- you're all saying this would be taking away "realism..." I just want to know what type of Highschools you all went to that beating up kids in the main entrance is normal...? No hate, but like-
american public highschool

ferretlover

Level 5
america. its a typical thing. people fight.

Users who are viewing this thread