oInfi | Rule Suggestion

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I think this is an issue that has to do with the fact that players haven't quite adapted to the new rulebook. This is in fact a rule that is enforced and shouldn't take place. If you encounter any student trying to actively start a conflict IN FRONT of a school employee (Leaving consented situations with employees aside), they should be referred to this post, regardless of the location:

Adding In-School public areas to restrict CombatRP is probably gonna make things more overcomplicated than necessary (What happens if a chase ends up in the reception? What happens if a bunch of people want to start a food fight at the cafeteria? What happens if two friends wanna test who slaps the hardest?) There's a lot of variables that would honestly overcomplicate roleplay (and considering the community is already struggling to comprehend the current rules, I don't think adding more would help)

A common misconception is also the belief that if you see someone breaking a rule, you will always need Staff to be there to deal with it. While it's recommended to call for assistance, you also have the ability to point out if a player is breaking a rule as long as you're 100% sure of it (while also away from the realm of modding). For example, if you find someone starting a fight in front of you, you can tell them they're breaking rule 9.1b (which is explicit enough for anyone to easily understand it). If they still continue to break that rule, that's when your only card will be to call for staff. However, at that point their offense would be worse than just starting a fight. At that point they'd be aware of the fact that they're breaking a rule, which probably will result in a GangRP / CombatRP blacklist (Which is, in fact, one of the most effective punishments that make people want to follow the rules)

To summarise, if you ever see someone trying to start a fight in front of a faculty member, you can refer them to 9.1b. This also applies to trying to drink alcohol in front of a teacher, pulling out a weapon in front of a police officer for no reason, etc.
As completely understandable as that is, I think it’d be reasonable if a fight started ELSEWHERE and somehow made its way to a public zone. That said, referring players to rules in those types of areas only gets completely flooded by the influx of students that come through the area during those times which makes the whole situation a lot harder to deal with. Your LOOC message would be gone in the chat pretty much as soon as it’s sent :/

(Sorry I didn’t cover all the points u made I just woke up)

Last edited:

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
a chase ends up in the reception?
That'd be avoidrp and failrp

That is what the caretakers are for

Forcing people to roleplay a certain way is never a good metric
This wouldn't force them to roleplay a certain way, we are simply asking them to move <3 and while yes this is a caretakers duty, often all staff deal with it because the majority only see caretakers as janitors and ignore the 'technician' / 'security' factors (as to why I'm somewhat glad to not be a caretaker anymore)

new rulebook.
Yonio, with all due respect, this has been a generalized rule for God knows how long as in to fearrp faculty but it almost never happens. Of course it can and usually is reported but they often just go and do it again because they have no (In-Character) respect for the faculty.

What happens if a bunch of people want to start a food fight at the cafeteria? What happens if two friends wanna test who slaps the hardest?)
First off, id pay to watch that- BUT ANYWAYS. Doesn't this fall under unseriousrp? Aside from that, they can do it in the lunch room that's just a little bit farther away!! It's barely a walk.

To summarise, if you ever see someone trying to start a fight in front of a faculty member, you can refer them to 9.1b. This also applies to trying to drink alcohol in front of a teacher, pulling out a weapon in front of a police officer for no reason, etc.
This is informative though, thank you

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
This wouldn't force them to roleplay a certain way
I’m referring to adding a rule that prevents it. That is indeed forcing them since you have to abide by the rules

Similar to the removal of KPS, it’s forcing people to change their ways of roleplay and other everyone within this faction saw what happened

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
That'd be avoidrp and failrp
Chasing someone isn't AvoidRP. . or FailRP. If you're trying to run away from a combat situation and you action to run away, your roll surpasses their's, and they somehow end up /grabbing you in front of the reception or in front of a ongoing class, what rule is broken?

Yonio, with all due respect, this has been a generalized rule for God knows how long as in to fearrp faculty but it almost never happens. Of course it can and usually is reported but they often just go and do it again because they have no (In-Character) respect for the faculty.
It's the same thing with people failing to FearRP KPD officers or fear people who have weapons, adding a rule that puts restrictions on certain areas does not present a solution to baiting. People break rules.

First off, id pay to watch that- BUT ANYWAYS. Doesn't this fall under unseriousrp? Aside from that, they can do it in the lunch room that's just a little bit farther away!! It's barely a walk.
No, it doesn't fall under UnseriousRP. The Spartan Football team has hosted a food fight before, and it was roleplayed out just fine. UnseriousRP, as I see it, is basically like trolling. Messing with people and doing things that would make absolutely zero sense, or roleplaying out immature things. For example, when people are like /me bodyslams cutely and things similar to that.
his wouldn't force them to roleplay a certain way, we are simply asking them to move <3
This just wouldn't make sense ICly. This is like saying you aren't allowed to CombatRP anywhere where there's a CCTV because KPD can see you. This is something a student would have to be conscious of ICly, how you should be conscious of CCTV and who's watching you when committing a crime. It shouldn't be an OOC rule.

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
-1/Neutral

While I believe this might solve some issues, I find this rule a bit too restricting. There are cases where a fight in front of a classroom or reception is justified and not just for baiting (Examples below). Besides that, I believe that this addition to the rules is confusing, what if there's no receptionist? What if I don't know if a class is going on? What about swearing and other things you can get detention for? All in all, I don't think this rule is a necessary or beneficial addon to the rules

Examples of cases where I believe fights in these places are justified and not baiting:

> Front Desk
Student A is in an argument with student B
Student B started getting heated
Student B punches student A

> Cafeteria
Student A is eating with student B
Student B steals the lunch of Student A
Student A sweeps student B to get his food back

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Chasing someone isn't AvoidRP. . or FailRP. If you're trying to run away from a combat situation and you action to run away, your roll surpasses their's, and they somehow end up /grabbing you in front of the reception or in front of a ongoing class, what rule is broken?
No, but chasing them into a safe zone is (failrp for the party running away I mean). If you run into the plaza or hospital to get away from a fight that'd be considered avoiding. This would just be counted as a minor school zone and would probably have similar rules to safe zones but different properties to include what Tippie said.
As for also what tippie said, it would have to be clarified in the rules what is and what isn't allowed - maybe since it isn't a full on safe zone it has less restrictions such as you can jockrp but it has to have a true motive to happen. This would prevent failrp and loopholes. Idk, this can be tweaked and edited as much as staff likes but it would just be highly appreciated by all faculty to have this rule implemented.

It's the same thing with people failing to FearRP KPD officers or fear people who have weapons, adding a rule that puts restrictions on certain areas does not present a solution to baiting. People break rules.
From my perspective, I know the baiting is going to happen. I want this implemented for the other reason, having these types of things not be a common thing in areas where they blatantly do it infront of the faculty without caring for the consequences. We all know people will and do break the rules because they have no care or respect for them, I just want it to happen less.
This just wouldn't make sense ICly. This is like saying you aren't allowed to CombatRP anywhere where there's a CCTV because KPD can see you. This is something a student would have to be conscious of ICly, how you should be conscious of CCTV and who's watching you when committing a crime. It shouldn't be an OOC rule.
I’m referring to adding a rule that prevents it. That is indeed forcing them since you have to abide by the rules

Similar to the removal of KPS, it’s forcing people to change their ways of roleplay and other everyone within this faction saw what happened
I'm referring to the staff there, not the cameras. I myself have done things to just simply avoid the cameras but atleast I don't do it infront of faculty like its nothing! Of course someone would be somewhat fearful (or atleast should be) of a camera aswell.

As for forcing players to roleplay; it's literally just moving. As I said above their could be the excuse of jockrp and it would be therefore accepted (probably with in-character consequence though). We just want the massive amount of people who spontaneously fight to stop.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
it's literally just moving.
The point still stands;

If there are players genuinely baiting, you’re free to report it. However, to remove the ability to roleplay in specific areas is not the way to go. As Tippie stated, there are many other ways fights start.

Player A sees Player B in the front of the school and makes a stupid joke. Player B gets frustrated and they argue- then they fight. Are we expecting Player A and Player B’s characters to subconsciously go “Well, we’re about to brawl! But let’s go be civil and move rq”? Especially the exceptions for characters who don’t usually fight- meaning they wouldn’t immediately think about how to go about it without getting caught due to lack of experience?

It may sound realistic to you, but in most scenarios in real life, the fight just starts then and there. Moving is the least of their worries. Anger causes people to do things without thinking as well. That’s just one of the many faults this brings.

as stated before, this is what the caretakers are here for. okay, yeah, maybe people see them as “janitors” but, why bring that oocly? If that’s how the caretaker’s feel icly, they should bring that up to their bosses. that has nothing to do with oocly measures. If I had a delinquent character, they would think the caretakers are janitors too. that’s just roleplay

Sashabelle

Level 34
sashabelle05
sashabelle05
Rich
IGN: oInfi

DATE: 2/10/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to suggest the following rule to be added onto rule 5.6 in the Terminology and Server Rules;

5.6d You are NOT ALLOWED to engage in combat while inside public school zones such as the front desk/nurses office, outside ongoing classes, outside offices, and in the cafeteria.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Now hear me out, baiting suspension and detention while in the school is a rather prominent issue. In order to combat that, this rule can be implemented to decrease the amount of unnecessary fights that occur in school purely to gain detention or suspension. Think of how you cannot blatantly run around the city with an illegal katana out due to the possibility that KPD can see CCTV and immediately arrest you; This rule will disallow school fighting in public zones, as these primary zones (explained in the new rule) are areas that are heavily monitored by councillors/school faculty/SLT. Areas that would be reasonable to start a school fight would include areas like the courtyard, rooftops, school gates, and anywhere outside the school building. Despite faculty still occasionally monitoring those areas, it would make a lot more sense if someone were to start a fight there, rather than in an area where they will immediately get caught and given detention. As stated above, this rule will heavily decrease the amount of players who bait suspension/detention, as they won't be allowed to blatantly start fights in front of faculty.
+1!

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
The point still stands;

If there are players genuinely baiting, you’re free to report it. However, to remove the ability to roleplay in specific areas is not the way to go. As Tippie stated, there are many other ways fights start.

Player A sees Player B in the front of the school and makes a stupid joke. Player B gets frustrated and they argue- then they fight. Are we expecting Player A and Player B’s characters to subconsciously go “Well, we’re about to brawl! But let’s go be civil and move rq”? Especially the exceptions for characters who don’t usually fight- meaning they wouldn’t immediately think about how to go about it without getting caught due to lack of experience?

It may sound realistic to you, but in most scenarios in real life, the fight just starts then and there. Moving is the least of their worries. Anger causes people to do things without thinking as well. That’s just one of the many faults this brings.

as stated before, this is what the caretakers are here for. okay, yeah, maybe people see them as “janitors” but, why bring that oocly? If that’s how the caretaker’s feel icly, they should bring that up to their bosses. that has nothing to do with oocly measures. If I had a delinquent character, they would think the caretakers are janitors too. that’s just roleplay

Then, why do we have safezones?

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
To prevent gangrp such as:

Majors, KPS, kidnapping, etc.

It’s reasonable there because criminals should fear publicity when committing crimes because it’s a low chance they’ll succeed. More eyes = more phone calls = more issues (and civilians stepping in).

We’re talking about minor fights

suneater

Level 90
Savezones are areas specifically designed for there not to be large amounts of crime happening. You can still punch people within a safezone, you're just limited from committing major crimes. In which the school is already a safezone last I checked

As Nylu said they're all either highly populated areas, in which you *would* be caught regardless committing a crime there, or it's a place that you really shouldn't be killing people in (ex. the shrine)

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
this long discussion bores philbertman42

anyone want to talk about beyblades with me?

i think pegasus is cool because it has both sus (from among us and I think that's funny) and pegging (from peggle which is also a fun game) .

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
I feel like petty school fights is what makes RP interesting at points. If we are to strip those away, then how are we at all being realistic? Obviously no killing or brutal fights in school, but why should we get rid of fights just because they can be frustrating to deal with.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+0.5/-1

Fights, I feel, NEED to happen. Without them, it would just be so bland all the time, speaking as someone who's on patrol a lot as a councillor. I'm sure other councillors would also agree with me that there are some occasions where the activity is just so bare, like no fights, no one in detention, nothing.

It's true that kids should have to know not to fight in front of a faculty member or something, but there's also the pressure that your character would be going through. They'd be stuck between "Let's not get detention today." and "Might as well finish it." At least, that's how I roleplay it out. I'm not entirely sure if it's a rule or not but personally, I enjoy adding a bit of conflict for faculty and council, but that's just me.

However, I do also understand that baiting detention is a big nono in SRP. There's unfortunately no way to really stop that. There's a very faint line between DelinquentRP and baiting, and I'm sure a lot of the new faculty are still trying to get the hang of telling the difference. It's definitely obvious not to START a fight at like in front of the nurse's office or the reception desk, or the faculty lounge, yeah whatever. What if it just ends up continuing there? I remember when Eichi Blackburn and the council practically chased that group of delinquents around the entire school. It ended up being intercepted by faculty and council, and even made it to the council room.

There's a fine but faint line to tell in between DelinquentRPing and baiting detention, but it's there. If faculty can't tell what that is, what makes you expect the entire player base can?

The rule seems good on PAPER, but that's simply it, it's on paper. If they put this rule into effect, it would just end up causing a lot more arguments than it would solve. People would be like "Oh, but there was no receptionist!", "It was in front of the nurse's office, you're FailRPing!!!", or even like "This zone isn't considered the front desk." or something like that. People, mainly the ones into DelinquentRP will always try to find a loophole through these types of rules. A similar issue is happening with FearRP already, where students simply ignore it because of a mental disorder or a personality, some BS like that.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+0.5/-1

Fights, I feel, NEED to happen. Without them, it would just be so bland all the time, speaking as someone who's on patrol a lot as a councillor. I'm sure other councillors would also agree with me that there are some occasions where the activity is just so bare, like no fights, no one in detention, nothing.

It's true that kids should have to know not to fight in front of a faculty member or something, but there's also the pressure that your character would be going through. They'd be stuck between "Let's not get detention today." and "Might as well finish it." At least, that's how I roleplay it out. I'm not entirely sure if it's a rule or not but personally, I enjoy adding a bit of conflict for faculty and council, but that's just me.

However, I do also understand that baiting detention is a big nono in SRP. There's unfortunately no way to really stop that. There's a very faint line between DelinquentRP and baiting, and I'm sure a lot of the new faculty are still trying to get the hang of telling the difference. It's definitely obvious not to START a fight at like in front of the nurse's office or the reception desk, or the faculty lounge, yeah whatever. What if it just ends up continuing there? I remember when Eichi Blackburn and the council practically chased that group of delinquents around the entire school. It ended up being intercepted by faculty and council, and even made it to the council room.

There's a fine but faint line to tell in between DelinquentRPing and baiting detention, but it's there. If faculty can't tell what that is, what makes you expect the entire player base can?

The rule seems good on PAPER, but that's simply it, it's on paper. If they put this rule into effect, it would just end up causing a lot more arguments than it would solve. People would be like "Oh, but there was no receptionist!", "It was in front of the nurse's office, you're FailRPing!!!", or even like "This zone isn't considered the front desk." or something like that. People, mainly the ones into DelinquentRP will always try to find a loophole through these types of rules. A similar issue is happening with FearRP already, where students simply ignore it because of a mental disorder or a personality, some BS like that.
Loopholing is a highly punishable offense firstly… secondly I see where everyone’s coming from where “fights need to happen” but in reality.. it’s school. And what this rule would restrict is 10% of surface area around the school if not less. That said, (and someone brought this up last night) we’re in Japan. Japanese schools have an extremely small record of school fights if at all. It needs to be stopped being treated like the average American school where students will just start fights in large groups for no reason at all. Adding this rule will not only help deal with baiting but also add a form of realism to school fighting in Japan.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I feel like petty school fights is what makes RP interesting at points. If we are to strip those away, then how are we at all being realistic? Obviously no killing or brutal fights in school, but why should we get rid of fights just because they can be frustrating to deal with.

In my opinion, physical fights aren't the only thing that makes rp interesting. It shouldn’t be the only thing that makes rp interesting. And we’re not getting rid of fights, simply restricting the act of engaging in combatrp in very very specific areas of the school where there’s a high influx of faculty and students roaming around. And it’s not because it’s frustrating to deal with, it’s quite literally to prevent players from starting a random fight in front of for example reception and getting detention for it.

Imo if you want to start a fight, the most logical thing would be to go somewhere where there’s less of a chance of getting caught. That just makes sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread