Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
IGN: oInfi
DATE: 8/18/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'd like to suggest something somewhat controversial. I would like for those who have participated in being a head of department or higher in EMS to continue to be able to play out their medical knowledge in roleplay. I.e. allow those who have dedicated months of their time and obtained a higherup position in EMS to continue to carry out medical practice on SRP. This would include stitching, performing CPR, and more if given a "medikit" from certain locations. Though this would exclude stopping bleedout timers and any surgical procedure.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It's already known that those who leave EMS "forget" their knowledge in the medical field, or simply are disallowed to continue medical practice whilst on SRP. I believe it will add a significant more variety and realism to roleplay if a select few (hence why I suggested previous higherups of EMS only) are allowed to continue to carry out their medical procedures. Though they will also have to roleplay out the consequences of not being provided with everything the hospital provides. (Morphine, anesthetic, etc). This would also bring use to the custom medi-kit that is currently on SRP. Lastly, you must have permission from the current Emergency faction lead to be able to continue to carry out medical practice on the same character in which you played your higherup EMS character on. I do not think this would create an issue with balance on the server. If anything it will only be a select few people who earned their previous role that would be able to carry out their work. I also do not think that this will "put current EMS out of business", because it'll literally be only 2-4 people who would have this sort of ability. Once again, they would not be granted the same abilities that the average EMS worker has while in the hospital. It's up to them to utilize what's inside a "medi-kit" skull that can be found in very few locations around the map, or with using the custom medi-kit item.

BACKR00MS

Level 26
FqllenFocoozo
FqllenFocoozo
Notable
Neutral
Although I do believe that retired EMS workers should have the right to have some sort of medical knowledge, 2-4 people aren't enough to make a change in the server and could just be somewhat useless in a sense. The only reason why I'm staying Neutral about it is that this will most likely will NEVER be used. Besides that, I think that it would be cool for a roleplay experience.​

NoZinth

Level 196
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
+1 I personally don't see why not as they were previously medical professionals, however it'd be a little difficult to check up on those who have been past EMS with regards to players bringing old characters back, but I don't personally see any other reasons against this.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Neutral on this too, like what uno said, I don't think this is a big enough deal to make a change on the server for, and the smaller amount of "2-4" most likely will not be using their abilities unless they are apart of a certain gang which is the only use i see this having

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
NEUTRAL / -1

Personally, I'm not 100% with this idea. But if it does get accepted I believe it should be illegal the Unauthorized Practice of Medicine just like in real life.
Think with me, in most cases this will be used is as an ex-EMS treating a gang member or someone that got injured by committing criminal activities. If they go to this person they most likely won't get reported to the police like EMS is instructed to do. In one way or another, they will be helping to hide a crime and exercising their ex-profession without permission.

I still don't like the idea. I believe it will be abused and hard to moderate, but if it does get accepted, I believe the one doing that should suffer the consequences.

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
NEUTRAL

I am iffy on this, I believe what BACKR00Ms and, Maria said were perfect. There is of course a con and, pro to this especially for those who were enjoying the RP standard. The thing is, those who are terminated(ICly, unsure if OOC would count in this matter.) realistically lose their medical license, and it would be illegal for them to carry any practice on. Keeping up with who is what and, their roleplay might be annoying for some depending on who would care to watch over them. There are some minor roles within the server that have a medical aspect, teaching medical education or, being a nurse at the school. Other than that, it's a good idea overall just might be hard in some aspects.

Edit: I don't know why this part didn't save but,

I do agree with the fact that those who were in EMS should still have their medical backgrounds ONLY on that said character. It's roughly 8 years depending on the location/field of Med-school, you won't forget most of that especially if you work as an EMS for a good amount of time. I think the knowledge should be allowed, maybe not the ordeal of being able to do the practice.

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1 Yea, not many will be affected by this PERSONALLY, but it will create roleplay amongst plenty of people. (If the former higher ups of EMS do a lot of unlicensed medical practice, the rp would affect many.) We must keep realism in mind, but more importantly the possibilities. Yes sure, this will probably be used amongst gangrpers the most, BUT that could encourage better rp from the gangrp community. There will be less /it skiprp at the hospital when staff aren’t online and more of a chance for actual medicalrp to take place. . That and HOW COOL would it be if someone establish an illegitimate medical care business?

DarkEclipic

Level 163
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral

I think they shouldnt lose all knowledge on their medical carrier. I think that you should be able to do somethings(Knowing how to make a makeshift splint if a chara has a broken bone/etc) but it would be hard to monitor if that character would join a gang

Ahimotu

Level 27
Ahimotu
Ahimotu
Omega+
Neutral / +1
Pretty obvious why, if you've worked your way through becoming a doctor, I don't think you're gonna forget what you learned because you quit, however, it's a little hard to keep track of it

Users who are viewing this thread