OOC Blacklist Suggestion

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
yes, again, it was suggested and accepted so go nylu! but it has been 8 months, it feels like its been put to the bottom of the barrel for priority
I know its been 8 months, but I think there is a larger problem to fix on the server right now (the lag, specifically). It is a high priority, but also staff have higher priorities.

bobatea

Level 16
Prxfessor
Prxfessor
Omega
-1, only bc i feel like those ppl should js be warned until they get banned for not stopping.. aka I think it should be harsher or else ppl wont learn
Then if staff constantly have to remind them, why do they still do it? Like what is your point coming across? Banning them will end up bypassing or even lying to staff, because I've seen people get banned and never learn, so it's better to have something to control the chat that censors and times out whats inappropriate and whats appropriate because there is still young users in a server that's going for older members that are like 16+.

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
I know its been 8 months, but I think there is a larger problem to fix on the server right now (the lag, specifically). It is a high priority, but also staff have higher priorities.
I get that there's larger problems, but if we keep pushing it to the bottom it's literally never going to happen? I'd honestly rather have a new apartment complex delayed for like 2 weeks than see another person call someone "daddy uwu" in OOC

markoos

Level 28
-1 As you said, OOC is a no-man's-land and we should allow people to say off the cuff shit until they get banned for it.

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
Honestly, instead of a whole blacklist, I'd prefer a personal filter for OOC messages that lets you turn off specific people's message visibility only for yourself. There are some people whose OOC messages I'd rather not see even if they're not breaking any rules.

bobatea

Level 16
Prxfessor
Prxfessor
Omega
Honestly, instead of a whole blacklist, I'd prefer a personal filter for OOC messages that lets you turn off specific people's message visibility only for yourself. There are some people whose OOC messages I'd rather not see even if they're not breaking any rules.
Well, thats the whole point on the blacklist

bobatea

Level 16
Prxfessor
Prxfessor
Omega
-1 As you said, OOC is a no-man's-land and we should allow people to say off the cuff shit until they get banned for it.
I think I disagree on this because, there are usually 200 players on a daily basis and you don't see people feeling uncomfortable, that's why this was a suggestion because a lot of people are uncomfortable.

bobatea

Level 16
Prxfessor
Prxfessor
Omega
But what about the playerbase's opinions, that's more important too with these type of suggestions.

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
But what about the playerbase's opinions, that's more important too with these type of suggestions.
Yes, the playerbase opinion IS important, however. This might be pushed back for a number of reasons. There may be a bug that's wiping peoples inventorys that staff is trying to fix, or maybe a bug with wardrobe. There are multiple different reasons this may have been pushed back, we just need to be patient and stop suggesting it. It is obviously a big priority due to the massive issue with inappropriate comments in ooc, however staff and developers may have other things we don't currently know they're working on that needs to be prioritized over the ooc blacklist.

markoos

Level 28
Then if staff constantly have to remind them, why do they still do it? Like what is your point coming across? Banning them will end up bypassing or even lying to staff, because I've seen people get banned and never learn, so it's better to have something to control the chat that censors and times out whats inappropriate and whats appropriate because there is still young users in a server that's going for older members that are like 16+.
Only some people get banned and never learn, only some people bypass. You're using a minority in your argument and treating it like the majority. But it isn't. All of my friends have been banned at some point, never bypassed. We just decided to touch grass for a while. The only people who have bypassed that I know about are Iphone and AlphaLeoli, IPhone was a racist and Alpha was an "edgy" child, so do with that what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread