Notable+
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
12/16/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Introduce an OOC blacklist.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Okay, now hear me out before you complain. I think we've all had our fair share of OOC moments where people say out-of-pocket things and get warned/banned for it. However, I've noticed that the same people always come back and do it again. Even so, there are times when some things aren't deemed 'warnable' even though it makes a vast majority of players uncomfortable and they happen often. So, how can this be dealt with?

Introducing an OOC blacklist will grant mods+ permission to blacklist people from typing in OOC. Instead of only just warning them, they would have yet another temporary punishment to add on. A warning + a temporary blacklist. Additionally, if a staff member feels that it should not be temporary because of repeated offenses, they can permanently blacklist players from using it.

This will also contribute toward dealing with unnecessary /OOC comments and toxicity! Rude comments and using the excuse 'well.. toughen up' should not be accepted at all. Yes, some do lead to warns, but for the ones that don't, it feels extremely inappropriate for them to say such rude/nasty things and get away with it because it isn't deemed warnable.​

Last edited:

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

People can still buy alts to do it if they so desperately want to, waste money ig? And staff can just OOC blacklist them. However, it doesn't stop them from yelling it to the server at spawn or some other populated area. Staff could warn/ban them from there, I guess? It definitely could help a lot with the server and I have no problems against it, though the suggestion could be altered for more detail or to just improve it.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
The question is…. What’s considered warn-able and what’s considered blacklist worthy

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
The question is…. What’s considered warn-able and what’s considered blacklist worthy
Simple:

You say something that's warnable in OOC, you get blacklisted as well for a set amount of time

You say something that makes people uncomfortable and staff give a verbal warning (because yes, when i said 'not deemed warnable', i mean those times when staff tell people off but dont warn them), they blacklist you for a set amount of time

Hirathex

Level 249
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1. Dunno if it’s possible with the current plugin, but if it is I’m all for it. A lot of people do get warned for saying weird things in OOC but they don’t care and end up doing it again later anyways.
This is pretty easy to determine. My first guess would be getting a certain amount of warnings related to being inappropriate in OOC (let’s say over the course of a month or so) would lead to a temporary blacklist.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
We were discussing this in the crime discord earlier, and I completely support and agree with this suggestion

The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
+1
I think its a great idea, and would be nice to add, although some people, such as greenies, may sometimes just say it in IC chat instead...

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1
I think its a great idea, and would be nice to add, although some people, such as greenies, may sometimes just say it in IC chat instead...
This is more so for the experienced players doing this, as there are players who've been here for a long time yet they still can't seem to be appropriate in OOC.

Users who are viewing this thread