mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

"Operation: CHANGE", a revamp thread. (I'll take this L here...)

hikigato

Level 9
IGN: BeauiMeow

DATE: 3/7/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: City Faction Revamps

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This suggestion will mention KPD, EMS, and a slice of Government factions. Any opinions stated about said factions are purely

KPD, to start off, needs a few changes:

PROBLEM 1:
- Most players have experienced metagaming from officers via nametags, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

SOLUTION 1:
- Configure the nametag plugin to where KPD cannot see any tags of any player other than;
- Other KPD roles
- Government related roles
- EMS related roles
- possibly Reporter roles???

This would minimize locating a player through metagaming, but would also cause KPD's job to be harder at locating criminals (in re. Guang Feng and countless BMD characters).

PROBLEM 2:
- Also metagaming related, most KPD roles should not be placed directly above the playerlist tab as to prevent metagaming.

SOLUTION 2:
...just don't put KPD up so high, at least below Adult or Reporter or have it gone entirely (except comissioner. We love Yonio <3).

Though this may bring chance of danger to a victim of a crime, this would also bring chance of danger to the perpetrator, as they could also just get raided by KPD.

Next, EMS:

PROBLEM 1:
- Most players need or want to get in contact with EMS characters, but most of said characters are AFK or busy treating another patient.

SOLUTION 1:
- Though this may be somewhat of a hassle, at least 2 of each sub-faction should be presently in-roleplay and not AFK in a backroom. If a player is AFK while asleep or away from their computer for an extended period of time OOC, they should not be AFKing in the backroom or seen on the playerlist tab to prevent the mistake of calling for help when nobody comes. This should also follow suit for KPD as well.

Finally, Government:

PROBLEM 1:
- Most players require an ID, but cannot receive one while a Governor is offline.

SOLUTION 1:
- Add an NPC or sign that acts as an ID receival, and any player should have a minimum cooldown to purchase an ID for 1 OOC hour.

PROBLEM 2:
- Government is never seen as an overall lore-changing faction other than court cases and public speaking events.

SOLUTION 2:
- Write some little fun events (emphasis on little because LOTS of love for Lore Team, I don't want to tire them out <3) that involve more government than playerbase.​

This concludes the thread known as "Operation: CHANGE." Thank you for reading and have a nice day/evening/night/roleplay session!​

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

The KPD name tag one is wrong. In most situations they are required to toggle name tags. The tab one will not prevent metagaming, you can still look at the roster and use /seen. For EMS, we can't always have people working, it just won't work. The only one I agree with is the NPCs for government ID's, however it still removes one of the main reasons governor's will be on a shift

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
I'll probably edit this into a more well thought out response when it's not 12am

KPD CHANGES
-As someone who's been KPD for 3 years I can say generally speaking, the cops are not metagaming. /Togglenametags already exists but in large situations not being able to see name tags can make things more complicated than they should be. You'd be surprised how important they are to identifying who you're roleplaying with

EMS CHANGES
I disagree wholeheartedly, EMS should be allowed to afk in the backroom. Players can be patient and wait, or SkipRP their treatment. In the ideal world we can have 2 of each role online at all times, but that's just not how things work. Easiest way to solve this? Apply for EMS and be super active!

GOVERNMENT CHANGES
tbh I would love to see a corrupt governor do a little event line where they try to assist gangs via bending laws or creating distractions :3

Or maybe it's just a governor being blackmailed. But I think the problem here is closer to "SRP lacks a side storyline" than a problem with government, they shouldn't be expected to be super server changing or something. There are event lines from time to time that do involve them though, such as the Malachi incident. They're just in the background

hikigato

Level 9

The KPD name tag one is wrong. In most situations they are required to toggle name tags. The tab one will not prevent metagaming, you can still look at the roster and use /seen. For EMS, we can't always have people working, it just won't work. The only one I agree with is the NPCs for government ID's, however it still removes one of the main reasons governor's will be on a shift
1) How do you truly know KPD has tags off at all?

2) My EMS change on this one is gonna be ratioed as hell, but if you're bleeding out, you can't do anything about it if EMS is AFK.

3) NPCs for an ID would be good for if a governor is offline, though a governor probably has more important things to worry about.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team

2) My EMS change on this one is gonna be ratioed as hell, but if you're bleeding out, you can't do anything about it if EMS is AFK.

3) NPCs for an ID would be good for if a governor is offline, though a governor probably has more important things to worry about.
For point 1, if told to toggle name tags, 99.9% of them will especially if it's by someone who's just a higher up. They risk punishment if they don't, or even demotion depending on severity.

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

There's skiprp first of all, secondly, I was KPD. In most situations name tags are required to be off. I can agree on the last point. But KPD do usually have nametags off, it's part of some of the training they do.

DarkEclipic

Level 150
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I will give my thoughts on this than giving a +1 or-1, again these are my THOUGHTS. I may make some edits as it is 2am, but here we go.

KPD
It would be easy to move the KPD down on the tab list, but it won't make a difference if they are moved if people in the roles above KPD aren't online. I know a lot of KPD who toggle their nametags when it comes to hunts / trying to find people(Cloud/Yume and Cho0i would know more as I am not KPD)

If to top metagaming from criminals/BMD, if you think they are metagaming then you can report them(If you have proof) or just inform staff that they MAY be doing it.

EMS
If EMS members are afk, you are most welcome to call the 110 number and ask for a doctor/surgeon/psych to come to the lobby, otherwise, just wait in the waiting room until they are available/SkipRP the situation. Allow EMS to have their afk room, much like how KPD has the back of the station to AFK and the Government with the town hall.

You also shouldn't be metagaming EMS tags much like any other tag that is online when it comes to KPD/EMS/Gov, just call the numbers and if you don't get a response, then you have your answer.

Government

As a Governor on the server(My main is my Governor, I am Eli Zennix), We are required to Log every ID that is given out to members of the community. This allows people to get roleplay with the Government and just ask other general questions that people might have to a Governor/Government member. An NPC would negate any type of roleplay/system we have set up within the faction. Also if no one is at the desk, just call the number. It's on the board just outside of the doors(020-555-9000).

The government does to a lot of stuff with the community when we are on, in order to file a lawsuit you would need to call the number and see if a lawyer is around. Along with getting married, setting up a business, and getting a gravestone in the graveyard(Governor/Judge). It just takes a while for cases since you need to get all the information from the people involved, time zones, setting a date that everyone is free, etc., etc.

I would LOVE to see corrupt Government officials, if KPD and EMS get to have corrupt faction members why not the Government? There could be a WHOLE event planned or many flash events.

As a Lore Team member, there is slowly lore being developed around the whole of Karakura. It takes a while to get ideas/writer's block/large projects/etc, so it takes time to work on those ideas but they are coming! So, keep a look out for that! But, Lore Team is that. The writing aspect of the server, if you want events. That would be the Event Team.

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130

Personally I tend to toggle name tags whenever I am searching for someone or during situations, but I can say that it is incredibly difficult to rp out situations without them on, especially for someone like me who has serious attention problems. I've already had a situation where I accidentally confused two people with similar skins due to not having nametags on, the only way to identify someone is by running up to them and right clicking. Regardless, I'm not sure why this is being specifically brought up against KPD, considering all players can see nametags and can just as easily abuse them.

I'm indifferent to being moved down the tables honestly, I don't see many people metagaming it.

For EMS, it's way more active than it was previously, this really isn't much of an issue from what I can tell. We shouldn't be forcing ems or kpd to do shifts, this is a minecraft rp server, not an irl job.

For government, automating the process is just, removing government- which like... bruh why. Government faction is incredibly integrated with KPD and EMS, and offer a lot of roleplay opportunities.

If anything, maybe other government officials could be allowed to issue id's to help mitigate the problem.

Overall a -1

(Edit: if you know about a situation of a cop metagaming a nametag (cough, ami sang wallseers)... REPORT IT TO STAFF. Staff listens regardless of who the player in question is just do itttt)

Last edited:

Hirathex

Level 240
Administrator
Black Market Lead
Media Team
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
KPD is required to have tags off while in the sewers or if a large manhunt is going on, we’re all told to do it, and if you’re found to be ignoring this you face removal and/or roster warnings. I can promise you this is not an issue

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

you must SkipRP treatment if EMS aren’t available whilst on a bleedout timer. If you’re not bleeding out, you can always come back later for treatment

The FJ

Level 92
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
PROBLEM 2:
- Also metagaming related, most KPD roles should not be placed directly above the playerlist tab as to prevent metagaming.
SOLUTION 2:
...just don't put KPD up so high, at least below Adult or Reporter or have it gone entirely
I believe that they are working on making the tablist make more sense, not having [ADULT] above [MAIDEN] and [PRIEST] and other shrine roles, and things like this. But, currently, I believe that the tablist works with hex codes, something about colours, don't come after me.

justsimba

Level 58
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+

I’ll touch on EMS first as I am EMS myself.
I may understand it is annoying to not be seen or to be skipRP’d however we have lives outside of a block game. How you mentioned it, and I’ve seen it myself, people very often metagame our name tags if we’re simply in tab or in the back or somewhere else in the hospital. This simply shouldn’t be happening. The best I can say is either wait to be treated until an EMS worker is available or simply skipRP the treatment yourself if you don’t wish to wait more then 5 minutes for an EMS worker to become free. We are doing medical RP for the ENTIRE server while also again having our own lives outside a block game. So you do have to have some patience with us just like you do with KPD or Government. Call the 110 line and ask for EMS, if none answer then none answer and after 5 minutes you may skipRP if you’re in the hospital. (PS: Yelling in the hospital does nothing for you and you can’t skiprp treatments outside of the hospital)

As for KPD I won’t touch too much on it as others above have but in a lot of situations (example: manhunts or in an area like sewers) KPD are required to have name tags toggled off, as they can get in some serious trouble even oocly for not doing this.

As for Governors, this could be useful but in my view it removes one of the main things a governor does. I don’t really touch on this faction much either so I can’t really say much on it. Though I would like to see more little events with Government instead of just speeches and cases.

6Pancake

Level 224
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
I am the Hospital Faction Lead, and trust me when I say it, the Hospital faction is a lot more active than it used to be, as stricter sanctions have been developed over time to combat the growing issues. There is a limited amount of slots and not everyone is going to be motivated enough to sit at the front desk for hours on end - which, once again, things have been put in place to try and increase motivation
- Though this may be somewhat of a hassle, at least 2 of each sub-faction should be presently in-roleplay and not AFK in a backroom. If a player is AFK while asleep or away from their computer for an extended period of time OOC, they should not be AFKing in the backroom or seen on the playerlist tab to prevent the mistake of calling for help when nobody comes. This should also follow suit for KPD as well.

This is a lot harder than you think. Two of each sub faction means that you're asking for six players online constantly and being at the front desk - Not everyone is in the same timezone, not everyone will be available to conform to such a change. Additionally, workers aren't always AFK, some of them happen to be treating patients, and a common result of that is a lot of backlash against EMS for doing their job, adding to the demotivation

Overall.. Your suggestion to EMS just doesn't work, honestly. You're stating an issue (which is already being fixed) and providing a solution that isn't actually possible to do, I can't force workers to be online twenty-four seven, it's demotivating

I'm glad to hear any more solutions you may have, but like I said, EMS isn't inactive, it's mostly timezone or players just being busy OOCly

Users who are viewing this thread