players online

optional assessment?

Jay.

Level 13
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
What's your Minecraft Username?: jayharu
What's the title of your suggestion?: optional assessment?

What's your suggestion?:
so right- you know how sometimes the college exams take a long time to come and sometimes it is extremely- boring to have to sit through a 25-minute minecraft class that you're probably scrolling through tiktok on? WELL- heres a suggestion.

Teachers, which aren't allowed to give out any personal assessments anymore- meaning the class is strictly homework, assignments, teaching, fun classes and field trips, means theres no actual testing happening until the college exam date, which isn't set in stone, SO HEAR ME OUT-

[TWO PARTS, Teacher + Student, scroll down to where applies to you!!]

TEACHER SECTION!!

What i've been thinking, specific teachers can sign up in the faculty part of the discord (the faculty would obviously know where) to apply to be a teacher who makes a test that has information which does contribute to the actual college exam, witholding information that may (realism, real teachers NEVER put in what is taught in class) in fact come on the actual college exam.

STUDENT SECTION!!

So, concerning the students, this could be a way to make students/players want to attend the class, as the college exam is a huge part of going to the next level of your life, whether it be a college student or adult. Attending these tests which are MAJORLY!! OPTIONAL!! can be a good use for students who are wanting a switch up in the normal day to day playthrough or want a taste of what the college exams are like without having to show up for them +it being the actual thing.

EXTRA INFO!!

- Maybe the school could make 3 specialized rooms for these tests, holding up to 50 students or so, (3 rooms meaning the students can choose between the 3 subjects which are being tested!).
- Achieving a high grade on these tests could be a way to earn something meaningful in the server, maybe a prize or somethin ion know-
- And finally, this is just a suggestion!! if anything pls add any inquiries or why and why not you would or wouldn't like this in the server respectively! This suggestion goes both ways as faculty and students can be in this!! ty for readin my ted talk! <3

ALSO IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHEN THIS WOULD BE ANNOUNCED, ID SAY IT WOULD BE ANNOUNCED POSSIBLY A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE INITIAL DATE!!

How will this benefit the server and community?:

Everythin listed above!

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
If that was the case then SLT would have to monitor the assessments alongside the Teachers. I get that the assessments were taking away from the Teachers. You also stated that classes are extremely boring, mix it up a bit then. Plan out lesson plans that'll be interesting for the students or in fact ask your students feedback/input of what they'd like to see more. Take that into consideration. I also don't see a need for 3 testing rooms. Overall, if the tests were removed from the Teachers in the first place then I don't see why they'd be adding it back. I get you're trying to add more ways to make the Teachers/high school students have more opportunities the least you can do is what I mentioned earlier ask your students for input of lesson plans you do. Another thing is the college entrance exams (at least from my knowledge and if they haven't changed yet) is mainly focused on Karakura's lore. Once you get into college you'll start learning stuff that will prepare you for the other progression exams if you wish to go up a higher degree.

Jay.

Level 13
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
If that was the case then SLT would have to monitor the assessments alongside the Teachers. I get that the assessments were taking away from the Teachers. You also stated that classes are extremely boring, mix it up a bit then. Plan out lesson plans that'll be interesting for the students or in fact ask your students feedback/input of what they'd like to see more. Take that into consideration. I also don't see a need for 3 testing rooms. Overall, if the tests were removed from the Teachers in the first place then I don't see why they'd be adding it back. I get you're trying to add more ways to make the Teachers/high school students have more opportunities the least you can do is what I mentioned earlier ask your students for input of lesson plans you do. Another thing is the college entrance exams (at least from my knowledge and if they haven't changed yet) is mainly focused on Karakura's lore. Once you get into college you'll start learning stuff that will prepare you for the other progression exams if you wish to go up a higher degree.
I see I see

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
there is no universe in which adding real academic school work to what is meant to be a recreational activity is a good idea

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
Or just go back to nature?
Ahem!
It's 2020 and you need to make an application to get into College!

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I get that you want exams or 'tests' in schools again. But lets be honest, when people see test during a period they instantly tab out or just blantly ignore it. Just stick to worksheets that you work with your class and figure out fun classes revolving around that

-kam

Level 76
- would still need to be monitored by staff
- an idea previously presented is making college applicable
- erm nuh uh

Users who are viewing this thread