players online

Phone Apps

osososo101

Level 1
What's your Minecraft Username?: osososo101
What's the title of your suggestion?: Phone Apps

What's your suggestion?:
Grade App
An app to look at your grades, see attendance, discipline, and the lunch menu. Like real school websites/apps have.

Calculator App
Also, a calculator app that you can use during math class! It would be nice to have an in-game calculator even it's just simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for three digit numbers. Everything in this app would show up in chat/Gui.

Contacts App
I also think you should update the Contacts app and make it Gui based with your favorite contacts (Planned feature), groups of users (Favorites, Family, Friends) and custom groups. I also think you should be able to search your contacts by the first letter of the contact. Also, you should be able to add Nicknames, show the phone number, where they work, where they live, group, and notes. This would be really helpful as you could check your contacts if you forgot where they live, work, or something else you have in their contact. (Notes aren't needed) Everything in this would show up in chat as their contact. Everything in this app would show up in chat/Gui.

Callender App
This would be really helpful and could also allow sports, businesses, shops, government, event team, and others add official server events, shop events, sport events, business events, and players can also create their own events. You could also message the event info to your contacts. The event would have a title, tag (Official, Shop Event, Business Event, Sport Event, In-Character, OOC, with custom tags for players), a time, a day, and a short description (50 - 75 characters). All of this would show up in chat/Gui.

Clock/Timer App & Notes App
This app would have the time (with seconds), day, and allow you to set timers. This app is completely optional but would be cool to have. You could have notes with lists and timers would have a title and show up in chat. Most things in this app would show up in Gui and some in chat.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! I know this 5 apps and would take a long time to make and test but it would be cool to have, and you could always split it up into different apps. If you have any further suggestions or questions about these apps, reply to this! If a dev sees this and wants anymore app ideas or examples of how any of the apps would work, dm me on Discord.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will benefit the server and community by adding to the grade system and school roleplay aspect. This would add a lot of useful and realistic features to the phone system.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’m ngl lil man you cooked with this one
+1 to pretty much everything, though I’m unsure how the calculator app would work haha. The calendar app may be a bit hard to accomplish as well due to staff often having to change the day/time for events

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
+1
Mobile phones are really of limited use at the moment, and I’m really looking forward to new functional apps.

The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
1. There wouldn't be much of a use for a grade app, as I'm not sure how many teachers really give you grades. But if you do get any grades, they'd be here:
Highschool
College
2. I believe a calculator is actually a planned app for computers in the future. It'd be pretty cool to see it also moved over to the phones once it's completed.
3. I'm not sure how necessary it is for an updated contacts list.. I don't know about you, but I don't really use it that much, not because it's bad, but just because I know who's online with my /f list and I know their character's name (their contact).
4. We already have a /events command for "a calendar" , so I don't think it'd be necessary to move it into phones.
5. That is an interesting concept, it'd be cool to see it in action

-kam

Level 66
+1 assists with the idea of everything being icly rather through the use of an in game command

arianas

Level 3
liberiandoll
liberiandoll
Notable
1. There wouldn't be much of a use for a grade app, as I'm not sure how many teachers really give you grades. But if you do get any grades, they'd be here:
Highschool
College
2. I believe a calculator is actually a planned app for computers in the future. It'd be pretty cool to see it also moved over to the phones once it's completed.
3. I'm not sure how necessary it is for an updated contacts list.. I don't know about you, but I don't really use it that much, not because it's bad, but just because I know who's online with my /f list and I know their character's name (their contact).
4. We already have a /events command for "a calendar" , so I don't think it'd be necessary to move it into phones.
5. That is an interesting concept, it'd be cool to see it in action
+1, move /events into calendar !!

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
A big reason is because this will change most things that were OOC commands more IC, a big goal for SRP to make more things IC. Thumbs up man, you slayed this

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
+1

Not going to lie, you really came up with some solid and efficient suggestions. I think all of this is doable, and though not necessary, it may tie into Roleplay better. The calender one would be a little more difficult to do however; Simply based off Irl dates vs ingame dates are weirdly different. Same IRL day could be a Monday, but in game starts off Tuesday, and ends in lets say Friday. But all that would be icly written as 1 day. Kind of weird, however I am sure the comments will be more creative than I in making that work.

5SHU

Level 97
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
+1
Gonna be real, this is pretty much doable agreeing with SimplyLK, This seems pretty good as a suggestion, you cooked it!

SirDerpHead

Level 34
SirDerpHead
SirDerpHead
Omega
You absolutely cooked with this one. The way this would add a ton of what is currently an OOC action with a command into an IC format would be only a small change in the grand scheme, yet still add so much to it in an rp aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread