Notable+
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

plxellplanets

Previous bans:
No previous bans!

Describe your activity on the server?:
Fairly active, I often get on this account about 2-3 hours a day or more, often more. It depends on IC interactions and character development that occurs. However, I wanted to be more active on this account and with my character’s backstory, I feel it’d be appropriate for the position I’m applying my character for.

Which timezone are you in?:
I’m in PST (GMT -8) However, I often play SRP when I have free time, which varies throughout the day and night. So it’s not uncommon for me to have a conflicting time schedule.

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:

I do have Discord! It’s: xhunnibunx#1891

Do you have a microphone?:
I do have a microphone.

List your current and past applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/plxellplanets-nurse-application.40495/ Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.38603/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/starlights-italian-app-2.28738/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.38603/ Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/plxellplanets-italian-3rd-language-application.46637/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lolithereapers-nurse-application.18988/ Accepted

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:

Detail RP’s been my main form of RP. It’s what I primarily use when roleplaying and I often avoid using one-liners when using actions. As someone who’s been an honors student, and attends college, I know when to create dynamic actions, when to add humor without your classic /me stabs carotid. I’m a firm believer in “If you’re gonna do it, do it right”. That or, know how to roleplay incorrectly. I know when to set flaws and when to have strengths and weaknesses for my characters.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
As someone pursuing a medical career myself, I find roleplaying something I’m passionate about to be beneficial to the community. I’ve noticed a decrease in activity and some stress on certain EMS players to be online more to make up for inactivity. I’d like to help!

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
A surgeon would be a preferable medical role. The lore and degrees I had set for my character are appropriately suited for this specific role.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
Funny enough, I work as a pharmacy assistant and attend college to pursue a biology degree. I have extensive knowledge of anatomy and different procedures! I’ve researched on my own before ever considering applying for EMS on different medical procedures, how to handle mental disorders, etc. I also have several screenshots of me utilizing that practice and knowledge within SRP.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Director/Head Physician:

The lead of the hospital. Their responsibility is to manage their subordinates and are relied on to maintain organization and proper handling of the hospital. Directors are the head of the hospital, are to be respected, but are also expected to be encouraging and aid their subordinates to properly behave and conduct procedures. In dangerous situations, it is often the Head Physician’s call to make announcements and host training.

Clinical Leads:
Below the hospital director, they are more specifically leads for sub-divisions of the hospital. Such as the leaders of the psychiatrists, surgeons, doctors, and psychiatrists. They are highly trained and experienced in their fields and are relied on to teach and guide EMS staff when needed.

Surgeons:
Similar to doctors, they are trained and garner MDs or PhDs in their field. They are specialized in performing high-risk surgeries more pertaining to critical injuries. Being apt at their knowledge in biology and chemistry, they are able to help patients to a greater extent. This includes, but is not limited to morgue work for autopsies, organ transplant/removal, severe burn treatment/tissue removal and/or skin graphing, helping suture and patch up life-threatening and life-saving arteries and veins, adding implants, and setting patients up for proper amputation/fitting for prosthetics.

Doctors:
Often tasked with the less surgical procedures, general checkups, broken bones, fractures, minor injuries such as sutures. While just as important as any other member, they’re often tasked with prescribing pain medication, simple sutures, sicknesses, and referring to psychiatrists. Along with Clinical Leads and Surgeons, doctors can prescribe all medications besides antidepressants, and eating disorder medications.

Psychiatrist:
The staff members who aid in the mental health state of patients. Often therapy appointments are settled, anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, and other mental illness aiding medicines are prescribed. Psychiatrists often delve into the mental state of patients who reach out for help or are urged to get help. Psychiatrists are the only staff members authorized to prescribe mood stabilizers and mental health medications such as Fluoxetine, Cymbalta, Citalopram, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Parnate, and Vyanese.

Are you aware of the basic medical emergency color codes? If so, with their meanings, specify all those you’re aware of:
While different regions have different codes, I know the standardized emergency codes, which will be what I base these answers on. If needed, I’d memorize the codes based on SRP guidelines set by the EMS faction.

Code Red: Building fire, smoke alarm set off, evacuate the building
Code Orange: Hazardous material spill - Isolate the material and evacuate the area of the hazardous spill.
Code Yellow: Disaster/Internal emergency within the facility
Code Green: Evacuate upon the announced area. For example, needing to evacuate the Northern section of the hospital or the lobby.
Code Blue: Follows several meanings: Technically pronounced dead, requires resuscitation, the assistance of a stroke, rapid response. CPR response needed.
Code Purple/Triage: Mass casualty incident - Need for greater staff and control traffic and hospital access. For example, a gang war that requires mass assistance and dedicated attention towards the casualties.
Code Pink: Infant abduction. Similar to a Code Adam/Amber, to be on alert for the abductor.
Code Grey: Behavioral emergency, often involving a mental issue within a patient that requires medical interference and to proceed with caution. In RP this is often the need for a mido injection, restraints, or immediate medication.
Code Silver: Person with a weapon or hostage situation, often announced with the location and to proceed with caution and alert the police department.
Code Black: Explosive and/or bomb threat
Code Clear: Situations have been resolved and normal operation may continue.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I am absolutely aware that I may be demoted if my application is accepted for any given reason.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge that applying for EMS leaves me liable and dependent on the faction. I agree to be dedicated and active when on duty.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
I understand that training is required to attend if I am online. For extra assurance, my other account is xhunnibunx if needed to check for me being on other accounts while training is happening. I wouldn’t skip training if I were online.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge and understand to not take things OOCly with training and situations. I often find myself disconnected from ICly and OOCly matters.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Seiren Higuchi is a 5’6” Japanese woman. She has a curvier, more rounded-out build, well-toned. She has brown, almost burgundy colored eyes, complemented by wavy, chocolate brown hair. Faint, subtle makeup keeps her look sophisticated yet natural to look at. A small beauty mark dons her right cheek. A visible tattoo of a blue snake, rose coiled around its tail, with wilting flowers settled on her left thigh. She has a monotone, relaxed voice that suited her often dead-panned expression.

What are they like on and off the job?
Often reserved off the job, she’s found being expressive in nature towards those close to her. Seiren has the habit and mentality of rehabilitation, that not all who are lost are lost forever. On the job, she’s a dedicated woman who does as tasked with efficiency. Needless to say, in failing to save someone, she may grow discouraged and feel a sense of guilt that causes her to believe she didn’t do everything she could.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
On a typical basis, Seiren would have a positive outlook towards her co-workers unless the development between characters has altered her opinions. Albeit, Seiren would keep her professionalism aside from personal opinion. As for plans for the future? Seiren’s served as a surrogate for her brother, Yukio Higuchi, and the beloved KPD detective, Pavel Popovich. Seiren hopes to possibly get married, have a child of her own, and possibly reconnect with her son.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
Seiren Higuchi suffers from severe depression, which mostly only affects her when directly confronted about her past experiences or discouraged by those she deeply cares about. She often does not let it push her so far as to disrupt her routine or life.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)

Seiren Higuchi was born and raised in Kyoto on December 23rd, 1989, with her two elder brothers, and her parents. Unbeknownst to Seiren and brother Hachirou, Seiren is the only half-sibling of the three. Yukio Higuchi and her parents are the only ones who know. A result of an affair between her father, Katsumi Higuchi and Okemia Kiyama. Regardless of that, her mother, Nanami Higuchi raised and treated Seiren as her own. Your standard five-person household, with the exclusion of Seiren. While she grew up, her parents proved to be intolerant towards anything non-traditional, strict. They pushed a decent amount of social and gender norms down Hachirou, Yukio, and Seiren’s throat. You know, the typical “Have a wife, find a husband, don’t change anything about you that’s god-given, have kids.” Seiren at her standard nature refused to follow along with their teachings and rebelled as teenagers and young adults normally do. Due to her belligerent and rebellious nature, her father had a great deal of resentment and distaste for her. Her father, Katsumi, often said things one should never say to their child. “You were a mistake” was one of his favorite lines. He’d never elaborate on why he’d say that. She often assumed she was just an accident, that they never intended for a third child considering they didn’t have another kid afterward. She’d dye her hair, threaten to get a tattoo, knowing that’s a taboo in Japan, threaten to get a nose or eyebrow piercing. Volatile was how you could describe their relationship. That’s not to say she didn’t and still doesn’t seek validation, acceptance from her parents, or anyone, really.

Despite her “wild-child” behavior, Seiren was bright, smart. She was often called wasted potential. An interesting prospect considering that she shielded herself away from her father half the time and stuck her mind and focus purely on her school work. She wasn’t much for parties, or friends at that time. I mean, how could she when every genuine friend or potential love interest was cruelly interrogated and turned down by her parents. Some call it protective. In all reality, it was purely the fact that those people suited Seiren’s tastes and helped open her eyes to different perspectives. Her parents more specifically her father and reluctantly encouraged by her mother, did not approve, it didn’t fit their cookie-cutter ideals of a good life. Seiren followed that rule, it worked out for her. To be alone worked for her. Her greatest supporter and ally was Yukio Higuchi. He guided her, encouraged her to live a happier life. Seiren remained in Kyoto, graduating early from high school at 16. She thought she could possibly fulfill her parents' wishes and gain their pride from academic achievement and validation if anything. That wasn’t the case. It was “You could do better” “Why didn’t you pursue/learn ____”. It was never enough. They’d raise their expectations and regardless of how high they raised it, Seiren desperately pushed herself to reach for them.

She entered college straight out of graduating, learning Italian in the meantime, pursuing a master’s degree, majoring in psychology and a minor in calculus. She about had enough. “Mom, I love you. Dad, I wish I had the capacity to hate you.” were words she uttered to her father, remaining in touch with her mother. At age 20, Seiren moved out of the house, spontaneously deciding to finish college in Italy on a student abroad scholarship. Italy was interesting. Beautiful place, wonderful atmosphere. Luckily, Seiren studied Italian and a few odd languages. Luckily, she learned enough to communicate. It was all formal, which garnered weird attention towards her for being so respectful. It was a great difference moving from a country whose fundamentals were respecting others to a country that needed women to call out cat-calling and blatant disrespect. She gained confidence and freedom she never thought she might have the guts for. Unfortunately, Yukio didn’t follow that. He worked to appease their parents the way they wanted, settling down and getting married to Hana Shikichi. Seiren didn’t like Hana, she remains to be the one person Seiren can comfortably say she hates. To many people’s dismay, her “resting bitch face” was simply that. She’s not one to hate people. Except for Hana. She’s witnessed and heard from Yukio that Hana manipulated and mistreated Yukio on so many occasions, begging him to see it from her side. That wasn’t enough. She couldn’t stop him while she was so far away, begrudgingly attending their wedding and visiting for his children’s births. During her time in Italy, she made her worst mistake, meeting Enzio Caprio. A rich, affluent man. That wasn’t what caught her interest. It was the chase, the validation she received from successfully garnering his attention. An on and off, unhealthy fling that she couldn’t keep away from. A terrible habit while she pursued her doctorate in biology. She worked at a local hospital there as a resident, then a doctor, followed by working as a surgeon.

Her relationship with Enzio took a turn for the worst once she ended up pregnant. A naive woman, who thought that just maybe that meant he’d stay. She gave birth to Daichi Higuchi at the age of 28. Daichi was the only bright spot in Seiren’s life, the one thing Seiren can proudly say she doesn’t regret in life. Per Caprio's rule, she got a tattoo. A blue snake, the mark of an in-law within the family. Enzio and Seiren never married, but she still was deemed family, being the mother of Daichi. It only grew worse, since Daichi turned a year old, Enzio decided he no longer took interest in Seiren. He was married and decided to end the affair, and quickly outcasted her. At age 29, Seiren had Daichi taken from her. She stood no chance against the lawyers Enzio paid hundreds of thousands on. Afterward, that was Seiren’s last straw. She regrettably attempted suicide during a visit back to Kyoto after their father died in a car crash. She lives with the guilt of not having spoken to him since moving to Italy, considering her final words. Her brother Hachirou, the sibling deemed successful and loved by her father, was supposed to drag her to a mental facility. He didn’t. Yukio took it upon himself to drive her, ignoring her screams and pleas not to take her there. He’d rather she hated him than to have her dead or struggling her entire life with the thoughts. Once released, she understood why Yukio pushed her to seek psychiatric help, to this day she remains feeling grateful and in Yukio’s debt. She continued to fight for custody to no avail, it seemed futile, helpless. Upon visiting Yukio at age 32, he requested one thing from her; to be his surrogate so he can provide Pavel Popovich a child. She decided this is the one thing she could do to make up for just a fraction of keeping her alive. Seiren has moved to Karakura and is currently living with Enzio’s oldest child, Altair Yushiro. She seems to have a close bond with it, as Altair often refers to Seiren as “mom”. She plans to continue her career in the medical field now that she’s given birth to Nadya.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Seiren Higuchi

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss.

Characters Given Name(s):

Sei, Seiren, that’s all for now.

Characters Preferred Name:
Seiren or Miss. Higuchi

Characters Age:
Seiren Higuchi is 32 years old.

Characters Gender:

Seiren Higuchi identifies as a woman.

Characters Religious Domination:

Seiren Higuchi is agnostic with a lean towards Shintoism.

Characters Marital Status:
Seiren Higuchi’s marital status is single, never divorced.

Characters Nationality:
Seiren is fully Japanese, born and raised in a small village in Kyoto, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

Served 5 years of residency in Italy.

Working Experience(s):
At 18, Seiren worked in a pharmacy until she moved from Kyoto to Italy for her Ph.D. program. After serving her residency in a local hospital, Seiren was transferred to serve as a surgeon in the hospital for 3 years. She left Italy for unspecified reasons previously mentioned in the backstory.

Academic Degree:
Doctorate in biology

Year of Graduation:
Age 20: Master’s in calculus and chemistry
Age 24: Doctorate in Biology

Major(s):
Psychology
Chemistry
Minor(s):
Calculus
Physics

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:

Korean
Zulu
Italian​

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread