Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
IGN: PolarLoLs
DATE:31st of August 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'm suggesting that the rules for the rph discord or any rph discord be changed regarding user profiles and the contents that exist within them. Discord profiles are costumed to the users liking, their preferences and such. If someone has a status that contains slurs and such should not be tolerated BUT if it gets to the point where a user is being reported for their banner, about me, profile picture or such it should be turned away with the "block the user" response, though a simple solution would just be to not look at the profile since these can't be seen unless you click on the users profile and at that point it should be resolved that the reporting user is just looking for problems, a pfp is offensive simply ignore the user or block them. There's no reason for there to be strict moderation on a users discord profile and seeing as most users can't afford nitro to change the server profile specifically does not help and even then the reporting user is still going to click to see the actual profile and get pissed about it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This benifits the community by teaching the users common sense and how to use a block botton and stop un-needed drama and instigation among the community and no one wants to be in a discord where they can get banned for something off platform or none related to the actual server. The block botton isn't just there for decoration

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Neutral

I cant understand this very well, but from what I can gather it's a good idea but like a little unnecessary

needle

Level 45
stop trying to get away with being disrespectful, if someone has an issue with something you're saying/representing you should ALWAYS hear them out. That is common sense. of course people should be utilizing block functions but it doesn't help that you're in a very niche community with these people and you see them every day

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
stop trying to get away with being disrespectful, if someone has an issue with something you're saying/representing you should ALWAYS hear them out. That is common sense. of course people should be utilizing block functions but it doesn't help that you're in a very niche community with these people and you see them every day
That does not help your argument, if you see someone (like me) just ignore them at all cost, block, ignore etc etc but putting restrictions on user profiles is just annoying, yea I'll hear out, but most of the people on here come up with the most outlandish bs, your just gonna get ignored

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral/-1

You need to understand that there are children on discord(13 being the LEGAL lowest you can be to have one). We do have to follow the rules when it comes to our status/pfp/banners/say on the server/say in DMS, it's to protect children online from gross individuals. Blocking can only do so much for one child and if their parents see, they could go to discord itself and shut your account down, best just to make everything appropriate on discord.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
Neutral?

I have never been called out on my statuses and didn't know it was a rule but y'all must be having some controversial or very inappropriate language in y'all statuses/discord banners or pfps.

Prizebox

Level 9
There's something I've been wanting to say for a while. For the most part, I like this server, I like the community don't get me wrong, I've made many good friends and have had a good time playing in it, But there is one thing that I have a problem with, It's the group of people that take things way over proportion, I'm not sure if people are just simply trying to get someone they don't like banned or attempting to start drama. this isn't only about this discord problem, but taking this suggestion, for example, I doubt that there's a number of people who genuinely feel offended by what someone has on their discord accounts to the point where a rule is placed to where you are no longer allowed to have your account the way you want it to be. It's gotten to the point where you feel like you have to watch what you say, even in private messages because it's easy for things to get leaked to the public. We are real people with different likes and dislikes, opinions that are bad to some and agreed on by others, I understand that people may see something and dislike it, but if you go out of your way to do everything you can to get someone punished for something they said, because of what someone said or posted makes you mentally breakdown? makes you have a trigger attack or make you want to punch the wall? if so then you need help, I don't mean it in a mean way, but you really need help if what someone says on the internet makes you feel this way. There are people you can talk to, your friends IRL, family members, parents, even online friends you are close with or people you trust, there are many people with "DMs are open" in their accounts, you can even talk to me. This is the internet, you are here by choice, it is public, and you will always see something that you don't like. Whatever it is that is said, I promise you that they don't hurt you physically, and maybe if you look away from your screen you will be able to realize that.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Neutral/-1

You need to understand that there are children on discord(13 being the LEGAL lowest you can be to have one). We do have to follow the rules when it comes to our status/pfp/banners/say on the server/say in DMS, it's to protect children online from gross individuals. Blocking can only do so much for one child and if their parents see, they could go to discord itself and shut your account down, best just to make everything appropriate on discord.
This is a very good point

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
Neutral/-1

There's always gonna be that excuse of "there's children on the server" when that doesn't help the argument at all, if these "children" need to be protected on discord from the gross individuals then they can be influenced to just block said individuals, there is no other way they can be contacted by them then, people will only use this excuse just so they can say "you need to change it because there are kids!!!" When in reality they just don't want to see it themselves because it "triggers" then and makes them "uncomfortable", like just ignore it

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
There's something I've been wanting to say for a while. For the most part, I like this server, I like the community don't get me wrong, I've made many good friends and have had a good time playing in it, But there is one thing that I have a problem with, It's the group of people that take things way over proportion, I'm not sure if people are just simply trying to get someone they don't like banned or attempting to start drama. this isn't only about this discord problem, but taking this suggestion, for example, I doubt that there's a number of people who genuinely feel offended by what someone has on their discord accounts to the point where a rule is placed to where you are no longer allowed to have your account the way you want it to be. It's gotten to the point where you feel like you have to watch what you say, even in private messages because it's easy for things to get leaked to the public. We are real people with different likes and dislikes, opinions that are bad to some and agreed on by others, I understand that people may see something and dislike it, but if you go out of your way to do everything you can to get someone punished for something they said, because of what someone said or posted makes you mentally breakdown? makes you have a trigger attack or make you want to punch the wall? if so then you need help, I don't mean it in a mean way, but you really need help if what someone says on the internet makes you feel this way. There are people you can talk to, your friends IRL, family members, parents, even online friends you are close with or people you trust, there are many people with "DMs are open" in their accounts, you can even talk to me. This is the internet, you are here by choice, it is public, and you will always see something that you don't like. Whatever it is that is said, I promise you that they don't hurt you physically, and maybe if you look away from your screen you will be able to realize that.
I agree with everything her, glad someone else said it and not me because I would have been more straight forward then him

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I absolutely agree it's not something inevitable and can be avoided by the simplest methods

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
Neutral | but leaning more on that +1

Just like what Prizebox said, there are way too many people who blow stuff out of proportion on certain things, not just SRP but Discord Community as a whole, hell even the whole internet honestly. Our Discord statues, about me, etc etc shouldn't affect others because we can literally just.. not look at it, no one is forcing a person to click on people's profiles at all, its their choice if they want to check it or not, they can just glance away over statues or just literally not look at it at all.

I would get if its one of those statues that gives red flag vibes (me personally witnessing them in other Discord servers) that you know you have to report it genuinely out of concern, but having.. lets say the N word in our about me, shouldnt affect you nor hurt you in any way at all to the point you just call them out on a public chat to cause drama, fighting over having certain words because it 'offended' you even though it wasn't even pointed at towards you!

Yes there are children, yes there are some here that are younger than 13, but it is the internet and you can't stop them from discovering things even if you wanted to because its the internet, the best we can do is just advise them to block if it makes them uncomfortable. And if Discord statues cause you any stress, any breakdown, at that point please seek professional help. I'm not saying it in a negative way, but if its to that point it causes triggers because people have certain words, then you genuinely do need to talk to someone about it.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Real

Synn

Level 6
How can someone be that offended by a discord pfp or status, just turn yo monitor off. Only SRP players make it that deep

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable

While the whole banner and about me section of not clicking on the profile may be understandable, simply saying to "block them" isn't a viable solution either. If you see someone who has something that's not only offensive by racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/etc I don't understand why it's a problem to be upset about that. Honestly, I don't know how big of an issue people getting reported, warned, or banned from the RPH server discord over things such as you mentioned are. But that being said, being on this server and in the discord is a PRIVILEGE. You are not owed being on a server just because it's public. It has rules, you should follow them. You also have to understand the MAIN population of who's on the server themselves. I don't think disagreeing with someone is bad, if anything it's bound to happen and that's okay! But rolling back rules on anything that spreads bigotry and/or hatred wouldn't make any sense. Yes this server is for everyone, but it's still technically a privilege to be able to roleplay on it and talk in the discords.

Additionally, those who are in the community and staff teams represent the server on another level that the average roleplayer doesn't. You are not only showing off who you are as a person, but also who the server had allowed to be a crucial part to the server itself.

As someone who's HAD private messages not only leaked but twisted and fabricated in a way to make me look a certain way, I understand that's a real fear. Having to watch what you say so that someone doesn't leak or get hurt by what you say is there. But doesn't that go for anything? If you're gossiping about someone in school and someone overhears, tells said person, and so on and so forth. Is that not the same exact thing? Only this is has physical evidence right? So you can't lie about it if you wanted. Those are simply the average nuances and precautions that everyone has to take while on the internet at any given time. This goes along the same with getting triggered for any sort of mental illness or PTSD. That's a very real thing people go through and avoid on a constant basis in order to stop themselves from experiencing (what would be the correct term) a panic and/or PTSD attack. Thinking that small things don't cause those or wouldn't hurt someone, quite honestly, shows one's age. Did I use to think a lot of the same things that the people who have said "+1" have given their reasoning for? Unfortunately, yes. But you learn and grow about the real world and how your words actually affect people. It's like the golden rule they teach you in kindergarten, "treat others how you want to be treated". It's not that difficult to not use a word, change a status or banner or profile picture because it makes someone uncomfortable or is bigoted and hateful.

Additionally, I'm okay with you disagreeing. You don't have to agree with me. I really don't mind, nor would I shoot down a respectful conversation. But I see it from both sides. A lot of people don't know how to have respectful conversations when you disagree. I do it too, I'm not just pinning it on other people. But I think all in all? Just a little kindness would go a long way.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable

While the whole banner and about me section of not clicking on the profile may be understandable, simply saying to "block them" isn't a viable solution either. If you see someone who has something that's not only offensive by racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/etc I don't understand why it's a problem to be upset about that. Honestly, I don't know how big of an issue people getting reported, warned, or banned from the RPH server discord over things such as you mentioned are. But that being said, being on this server and in the discord is a PRIVILEGE. You are not owed being on a server just because it's public. It has rules, you should follow them. You also have to understand the MAIN population of who's on the server themselves. I don't think disagreeing with someone is bad, if anything it's bound to happen and that's okay! But rolling back rules on anything that spreads bigotry and/or hatred wouldn't make any sense. Yes this server is for everyone, but it's still technically a privilege to be able to roleplay on it and talk in the discords.

Additionally, those who are in the community and staff teams represent the server on another level that the average roleplayer doesn't. You are not only showing off who you are as a person, but also who the server had allowed to be a crucial part to the server itself.

As someone who's HAD private messages not only leaked but twisted and fabricated in a way to make me look a certain way, I understand that's a real fear. Having to watch what you say so that someone doesn't leak or get hurt by what you say is there. But doesn't that go for anything? If you're gossiping about someone in school and someone overhears, tells said person, and so on and so forth. Is that not the same exact thing? Only this is has physical evidence right? So you can't lie about it if you wanted. Those are simply the average nuances and precautions that everyone has to take while on the internet at any given time. This goes along the same with getting triggered for any sort of mental illness or PTSD. That's a very real thing people go through and avoid on a constant basis in order to stop themselves from experiencing (what would be the correct term) a panic and/or PTSD attack. Thinking that small things don't cause those or wouldn't hurt someone, quite honestly, shows one's age. Did I use to think a lot of the same things that the people who have said "+1" have given their reasoning for? Unfortunately, yes. But you learn and grow about the real world and how your words actually affect people. It's like the golden rule they teach you in kindergarten, "treat others how you want to be treated". It's not that difficult to not use a word, change a status or banner or profile picture because it makes someone uncomfortable or is bigoted and hateful.

Additionally, I'm okay with you disagreeing. You don't have to agree with me. I really don't mind, nor would I shoot down a respectful conversation. But I see it from both sides. A lot of people don't know how to have respectful conversations when you disagree. I do it too, I'm not just pinning it on other people. But I think all in all? Just a little kindness would go a long way.
All of what you just said was already mentioned in previous posts, if you get PTSD or panick attacks because of poeple's profiles again get toff your computer and go seek help, if I have say the n word in my about me and I can use it I'm not gonna change it because someone is a SJW. It's not that hard to not look at something especially when it's VERY avoidable, all of what you just said CAN be solved by the suggestion itself and if you go out your way to loom at someone's profile you don't like and see something that offends you that's on you, statuses I get but it's my profile, grow up you're not gonna go up to someone in real life because they have a shirt that says something offends you because you only have the balls to say so behind a screen, it's also called being realistic

Users who are viewing this thread