mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Polar's discord profile suggestion

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
pretty sure if its against SRP's TOS, its more than likely against discord's TOS. not to mention, if you're on the server, you're representing the server.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
You should know to set a good example for the community you have applied to be a part of. Set a better example for those who are potentially a younger audience. On top of that, note that you must also follow discord's terms of service to a fold at all times, regardless who you are. Should you perhaps want to advocate yourself in an older audience, I suggest creating a separate account from the one in which you're actively representing a community of roughly 10,000 people (of a PG/PG-13 community) in.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

You are responsible for what you do, if you have something on your profile that Isn’t safe that is on you. This is a server with the playerbase pointing toward minors, you should keep that in mind when joining any roleplaying community. Roleplaying is generally between a younger audience, if you can’t respect that then there are other servers for you. (This is not targeted at the one who wrote this, just giving my opinion)

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
You should know to set a good example for the community you have applied to be a part of. Set a better example for those who are potentially a younger audience. On top of that, note that you must also follow discord's terms of service to a fold at all times, regardless who you are. Should you perhaps want to advocate yourself in an older audience, I suggest creating a separate account from the one in which you're actively representing a community of roughly 10,000 people (of a PG/PG-13 community) in.
There's always the excuse of that there's minors on the server, the server isn't pg13, the minimum age on the server is 13 and even then they aren't mindless 5 year olds running around in a daycare playing doll house, Srp has gangs, killing majoring, democracy.

You are responsible for what you do, if you have something on your profile that Isn’t safe that is on you. This is a server with the playerbase pointing toward minors, you should keep that in mind when joining any roleplaying community. Roleplaying is generally between a younger audience, if you can’t respect that then there are other servers for you. (This is not targeted at the one who wrote this, just giving my opinion)
If we're responsible for what we do then you can go say that to these children you claim are on the server and apply the same logic, they are responsible for themselves, we aren't their parents or role models this is the internet bad things come either way, at the end of the day just don't look at the profile and you'll be fine

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
There's always the excuse of that there's minors on the server, the server isn't pg13, the minimum age on the server is 13 and even then they aren't mindless 5 year olds running around in a daycare playing doll house, Srp has gangs, killing majoring, democracy.
Yes, however along with being a part of a community team that helps make the server a better place, I ought think you should show a little more maturity and responsibility for the players you are representing. This is not a simple server of average 2 people online, it's a community of nearly 10,000 people.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
If we're responsible for what we do then you can go say that to these children you claim are on the server and apply the same logic, they are responsible for themselves, we aren't their parents or role models this is the internet bad things come either way, at the end of the day just don't look at the profile and you'll be fine
"Don't look at the profile" is a bad argument. Nobody should have to go out of their way to avoid contacting someone in a child-friendly discord because someone else isn't mannerly enough to have LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE as their profile. . do you really need bad things in your profile that badly? If you can't live without them, there is a huge problem. . . (Also, you can still see users when they're blocked, just not when chatting.)

Lizalopod

Level 130
"Don't look at the profile" is a bad argument. Nobody should have to go out of their way to avoid contacting someone in a child-friendly discord because someone else isn't mannerly enough to have LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE as their profile. . do you really need bad things in your profile that badly? If you can't live without them, there is a huge problem. . . (Also, you can still see users when they're blocked, just not when chatting.)
Exactlyyyyy. Like cmon dude...

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
Yes, however along with being a part of a community team that helps make the server a better place, I ought think you should show a little more maturity and responsibility for the players you are representing. This is not a simple server of average 2 people online, it's a community of nearly 10,000 people.
Yes I'm apart of the community team but that doesn't mean I have to go around basically being a robot and censor everything is say and just because I "represent the players", if that's the case then I might aswell not talk anywhere

The rph server is not a child friendly discord server we all know this, and it's not hard to talk to someone and just ig ore their banner, about me, and discord status, if your going out of your way to click on someone's profile just to see if they have anything offensive 24/7 your just asking for trouble, the servers becoming too sensitized, at this point you wont be able to customize your profile without it being up to these "childrens" standards

opp

Level 50
I’m gonna be neutral/ leaning more to +1

I agree with just .. blocking people .. also don’t feel people should have to be pg13 on discord either if they don’t truly feel like it.. though I don’t agree with having like racism, sexism stuff Yk the no no things on your discord and something you should truly get called out for .. if you don’t like someone having a butt on their discord profile then just .. block..

Also, the server is literally involved killing others, majoring and if no one took .. ANYYYYYYYYYYY notice to how the server runs. The Srp Community let’s be real here .. toxic. We should focus on the toxicity, that runs into the server that DOES IN FACT influence these “kids” that play srp to become just as corrupt before trying to go after someone for their discord profile

Also (people can just change their server pfp and banner as well.. it’d just fix things ..) another thing, just cause one person apart of a community team or just the community itself, DOES NOT MEAN they represent the players itself if anything that’s like .. more like staffs job cause they have way more power to correct behavior than anyone on the community teams. Also, that’s just .. painting everyone like a bad picture just cause one person is different and if someone ends
up doing that has a personal problem idk.

but .. also it’s nice to consider possible other people/communities you are in and think about what light you put for yourself.

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Also, the server is literally involved killing others, majoring and if no one took .. ANYYYYYYYYYYY notice to how the server runs. The Srp Community let’s be real here .. toxic. We should focus on the toxicity, that runs into the server that DOES IN FACT influence these “kids” that play srp to become just as corrupt before trying to go after someone for their discord profile

Also (people can just change their server pfp and banner as well.. it’d just fix things ..) another thing, just cause one person apart of a community team or just the community itself, DOES NOT MEAN they represent the players itself if anything that’s like .. more like staffs job cause they have way more power to correct behavior than anyone on the community teams. Also, that’s just .. painting everyone like a bad picture just cause one person is different and if someone ends
up doing that has a personal problem idk.
Very valid point. The main ongoing problem is shown even with debatable feedback posts. It’s ridiculous to the point of being funnys. However the whole discord profile issue stems further than the server itself. I’m pretty sure it’s also a Discord-wide issue that’s supposed to be dealt with or something.
I think everyone should understand you have all the freedom you want to be expressive but that doesn’t save you from consequences. That’s how the real world works and that’s how it is on the internet. You either get told off or people quietly report in their own right. So even if they somehow in whatever way say “okay sure let’s not have this rule” there will still be people who will take the time to make reports whether it be through server staff or directly with discord.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Yes I'm apart of the community team but that doesn't mean I have to go around basically being a robot and censor everything is say and just because I "represent the players", if that's the case then I might aswell not talk anywhere
I never said that, I said it's wise to be a good example and respectful of the community you're a part of. I said show maturity and responsibility, this request in its entirety is quite childish in my opinion.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
The rph server is not a child friendly discord server we all know this, and it's not hard to talk to someone and just ig ore their banner, about me, and discord status, if your going out of your way to click on someone's profile just to see if they have anything offensive 24/7 your just asking for trouble, the servers becoming too sensitized, at this point you wont be able to customize your profile without it being up to these "childrens" standards
It’s about responsibility, plain and simple

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
I never said that, I said it's wise to be a good example and respectful of the community you're a part of. I said show maturity and responsibility, this request in its entirety is quite childish in my opinion.
There's no one to set a "good example" for all these kids your talking about has already been exposed to the part of the internet your trying to make them stay away from, I'm not being responsible for other people, they aren't toddlers

It’s about responsibility, plain and simple
Responsible for peoples little kids bro? Make it make some sense my guy

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
There's no one to set a "good example" for all these kids your talking about has already been exposed to the part of the internet your trying to make them stay away from, I'm not being responsible for other people, they aren't toddlers
:skull:

AdventureApollo

Level 5
AdventureApollo
AdventureApollo
Fundraiser+
Instead of getting toxic, if people get offended theres a reason for that. For me, as a jewish if someone will have something related to ww2 or even worse blocking wont be a solution for that. People with OVER racism/homophobic/other stuff doesnt need to be on a commenity

All this rract was pointless Polar, although there're people who getting offended vert quickly- I do understand his point and you dont have to be rude over a suggestion; Although its over the internet it doesnt mean YOU HAVE to act at the same way, tou have to be respectful even if you dont agree and stuff like he mentioned are good reasons which shouldnt be around discord, a place of teenagers speaking EVEN if they're above 13. Being racist or any other thing will end up in hurting A LOT of people and taking the people away from the community is a good idea.

Like toto said, It's not difficult to be a good, respectful person with manners. If you wants to be racist or any other things, do it with your friends. not in a 13k people server.
As a Ukrainian, I agree with HATOLA that profiles should be clear of racism and the sort. Although I personally have thick skin, I can't say the same for all of my compatriots that play on the server. Who wants to join a discord where some American edgelord has a Z for their profile picture?

Besides that, good chunk of the RPH discord is young children and despite it being against TOS to have them there, something still should be done to facilitate a proper environment for them

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
Agreed, your not gonna go up to someone irl and say "please dont use that word it triggers me" their either gonna tell you off or say it more, the same logic could be applies, avoid them, walk away, they teach this in pre-school
I haven't really looked at this thread since I posted because I've been busy, but now that I'm home and been going through my general notifications for things, I have to say I disagree. If someone uses a slur or a word that shouldn't be used, I can and WILL go up to someone and tell them to stop using it. No, they don't have to stop, I know that much, but that's not going to stop me from advocating for not only my own comfort but for the comfort of people who don't have the same ability to speak up for themselves. Again, all I've honestly said is that a little bit of respect and kindness goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread