Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
What's your Minecraft Username?: GhostfireSwords
What's the title of your suggestion?: Police Raid Revamp

What's your suggestion?:
In short, to revamp the way the police faction performs raids on property. I would’ve kept this as a suggestion in the Discord, however, I’ll be making it here so the possibility of a new plugin can be discussed during the upcoming staff meeting. If you’re not a part of the police faction or staff team, feel free to ignore this suggestion.

Solution;
Allowing officers to use a command which allows them to open any door/container in a particular region.

• Officers will be given access to a command (/praid open) which allows them to open any container/doors during a raid. Once done, they can use another command (/praid close) to turn off this feature.
  • This solution wouldn’t be as risky as one may think; this plugin would be moderated closely by everyone in the police faction. Similar to how the arrest-logs channel works, any usage of this command will be sent in a channel where anyone in the faction can see. Additionally, an extra layer of protection can be added by making players manually log their usage of the command before using it as well.
  • If, at any time, this command is abused, any items can be taken from the officer’s inventory and returned. They can be further punished by staff and the faction’s higher-ups if they deem necessary.
  • This command can ONLY be used by CPL+. Any officer under the rank of CPL will be punished for using it (outside training purposes).
  • If possible, this command could be coded in a way that the officer has to specify the region (ex. /praid open (apartment block/property name)), and closes by itself if the officer gets too far away (similar to the /focus command). This would be done using the already-established regions for apartments.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Officers often spend a while waiting for staff members to become available for police raids (mostly at night), or sometimes, they may not even be on at all. Whilst this isn’t the staff team’s fault by any means, it can become inconvenient for officers to wait up to an hour for a staff member to arrive, or sometimes they may become impatient and leave, allowing players to go into their property and hide any weapons they have in there elsewhere.

As well as this, although this isn’t anyone’s fault and is just a common accident, either staff members or officers may be unclear upon which container they want/do open, and this causes something in the specified container to be unseen.

Last edited:

EnderBubs

Level 57
+1

For those who arent in KPD, waiting for raids can be something very much time-consuming and hard. Sometimes we need to raid an apartment right after an arrest or warrant to prevent metagame and movement of items around but sometimes in those times staff is not avaible
In one situation me, ghost, angel and someone else was waiting over an hour plus for a staff response but wasn't able to get one due too no one being available at that time

Overall having a command which allows officers to do raids on their own without the need of staff is something that will be very useful too KPD and save us a lot of time

timothy

Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+
+1

I'm not an officer, staff member, nor gangrper, but I agree completely. This would make officers lives so much easier!

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

I don’t think normal players should be trusted at all with something like this.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 Players shouldn't be trusted with something like this and is restricted to staff members for good reason. I definitely wouldn't want a normal player looking through every item I owned just because my character did something bad

JustJuiceHex

Level 89
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+

Idea is relatively good and could work but it would take a big gamble for staff to decide whether people can be entrusted with such access. Of course big part of players try to have trust bond and create game joyful, nevertheless... such cases would additionally result in new chaos full of deception and drama that would create additional work.

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

Raids are extremely difficult to coordinate. We have to wait for a staff to get online, to get a warrant, we have to wait 30 odd seconds for staff to open each door when there's 3 officers searching, not to mention staff are saying clear or saying what items is in the chest when we have 3 officers asking whats in the chest - Are they replying to you or the other officer? Raids honestly are a gamble at this point, and are really easy to mess up. Heck I've heard such bad things about them that I refuse to do them.

I definitely wouldn't want a normal player looking through every item I owned just because my character did something bad
we do this pretty much when we pat you down - we see every item you have on you. The chests is just in bigger amounts. I've found some random things on players like 18 frying pans, bats with 50 dents, and at one point someone with 3 stacks of eggs.... we see a lot of stuff that's hilarious and just concerning. If you're worried about players seeing the items in your chests that's a little strange... What are you hiding Zinth!?!?!

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
-1 Players shouldn't be trusted with something like this and is restricted to staff members for good reason. I definitely wouldn't want a normal player looking through every item I owned just because my character did something bad

I don’t think normal players should be trusted at all with something like this.

Idea is relatively good and could work but it would take a big gamble for staff to decide whether people can be entrusted with such access. Of course big part of players try to have trust bond and create game joyful, nevertheless... such cases would additionally result in new chaos full of deception and drama that would create additional work.
Players in the faction already have access to commands and utilities that require a lot of trust, including the jail command, pat down command, tasers/tranquilizers, etc. If the problem is trusting these players, then they shouldn't have access to any of these in the first place.

This would essentially be the same as a staff member going through someone's chest and finding weapons, or other items that officers often confiscate. The only difference is that the officer themselves will be doing it; I sure wouldn't want an officer going through my belongings if I did a bad thing, but I also wouldn't want a staff member doing it, either. Although I'm aware that staff members are players of the community whom we can trust more than most others, it's unfair to assume that officers can't be trusted at all. If they're afraid any officer may take an item they're not supposed to, or have suspicion they have, they're more than welcome to ask a staff member to check the container's logs. I feel as if, especially with the boundaries in place with the plugin, that the faction can be trusted with this sort of command.

Regardless, we're more than open to suggestions on any way to rework the way we do raids that doesn't involve waiting for a staff member to arrive.

we do this pretty much when we pat you down - we see every item you have on you. The chests is just in bigger amounts. I've found some random things on players like 18 frying pans, bats with 50 dents, and at one point someone with 3 stacks of eggs.... we see a lot of stuff that's hilarious and just concerning. If you're worried about players seeing the items in your chests that's a little strange... What are you hiding Zinth!?!?!
This is a great point. Officers are already allowed to pat down players and have the ability to steal their items, but in my year and a half of being in the faction, I can't recall it ever happening. Despite the pat down being (technically) consented, there's still the possibility of it happening. This plugin would have even MORE moderation than the pat down command, which makes it unreasonable to say that players can't be trusted with the plugin suggested.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Not Really true when your inventory is a very small piece of what other players have in their properties, KPD should definitely not be held above other players to a point where they can literally go through ALL their things hence why staff is necessary.

Also I'm hiding alot of weapons thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread