Not open for further replies.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
An alternative to this command if we're not keen on trusting players to open chests could possibly just letting them scan it instead. In short terms, they'd execute the police raid command, specifying the region, be able to open doors & trapdoors, but then any chests that they right click would give them one of two endings:
1. If there's weapons, it would place the weaponry in their inventory & tell them so in their chat, removing it from the chest
or 2. If there's no weapons, it'd simply tell the officer that there are no weapons.

You only tend to have weapons removed in raids and anything more could be communicated with staff if absolutely necessary (i.e., a warrant to specifically look at any suspicious books they have!)
+1 to this!
However I do see that it's risky allowing cadets and PO this, which is why I suggest a potential side category to roles? Initially this role won't show on your name and etc, but will allow categories like ranks! This could be for EMS, KPD, Government, Shrine, or any other faction with ranks that aren't included in the role of the individual. If this isn't able to be implemented then it's likely it shouldn't be implemented at all :(

Apocryptoz

Level 19
Apocryptoz
Apocryptoz
Rich+
I don't really think there's a reason for officers to have access to EVERY single item in a player's chest, as raids are usually performed to search for weaponry and that's mostly it. You don't really even take metal bats or masks when raiding apartments, so an easier alternative to "What if they steal items?" is to just not give them access to items that they don't need to access in the first place, and as I stated earlier, if in the off chance that you do need a warrant for something more than just weapons, you could go back to asking staff to check for whatever it is that you need.
How would that work with bats and ballistic masks being found in the same or a separate chest than the ones with the illegal weaponry though? Could they somehow script it so that we’ll only get those if they’re in the same chest as the illegal weapons?

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We've recently implemented a brand-new Police Raid System! If you're not KPD, you'll see it showcased in the next Season Recap on our YouTube Channel!
- Judge, Governor, and Mayor can now generate a Warrant via command, making the process much easier without having to communicate or log it manually in a Discord channel.​
- With a Warrant, and Police Officer and initiate a raid on a residence (apartments, houses, penthouses).​
- Once a raid is started, police can open all doors, gates, and trap doors in your property so long as they've actioned to pry it open with a crowbar in hand (this is checked via the plugin).​
- When prying open chests, police cannot see the contents; it'll just return a message saying "Nothing was found", or if something is found, it'll drop the weapon the floor and alert the officer.​
This system no longer requires staff supervision.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread