Poseter
Poseter
Omega+
IGN: Poseter
DATE: 9/24/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Apartment and property co-owner
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Properties have admin but do not have a co-owner. I feel it would be beneficial because, for those who buy a house to own it together, only one person can run it. If multiple people were to move in and decorate their own rooms or something within the property and the owner of the house was not online at the time, the person who has a co-owner could add them as an editor and remove it.

A few examples of why a co-owner would be beneficial would be:
1. If someone were to begin breaking things they weren't supposed to whilst the owner was offline, then the co-owner would be able to remove them as an editor.
2. If someone were to be an admin or need it removed, the co-owner could do so quickly without having the owner within the property or online.
3. If the owner were gone for a long period of time, the co-owner could maintain the property in their absence.
4. There can be a limit to the amount of co-owner slots available. This can be 2 because it's more security for the property.
5. The co-owner may pay someone for a build or a service, and if the owner is unable to log on or come to the property, the co-owner can watch over the person.
6. This can allow sports housing to have the co-captain (or whatever it's called) access to the house, allowing the new player to gain edit perms if the captain was unable to.
7. This could help the skill diversity greatly as the co-owner and the owner would have different mindsets.

Overall, the idea of adding a co-owner to a property can lessen the amount of people buying properties. This will help because those who have co-ownership may not want to buy another property because they basically already have their own. Conflict can be easily solved, problems can be resolved, and edit perms arguments can be lessened.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I'm mostly neutral, primarily for the fact that I don't think it's necessary for anybody who doesn't own a property with a lot of players living in it (which I assume is the majority of property owners). If anything I would rather see some of these features be implemented into property admin, instead of becoming an entirely new role altogether.

DylanDeNewb

Level 34
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
At this point we'd be better off just going to a player generative roles and permissions system if people want to be able to customise to this extent

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1
However, I believe if this does get implemented someone who has the co-owner role for a property shouldn't be allowed to own a property of their own. As you stated "they basically already have their own." with the co-owner role. I also think that there should be a limit on who can co-own a property as you explained with the slots. For example, if someone has a co-owner role they shouldn't be allowed to co-own another property bc they're already a co-owner of one. It'd seem like you're a co-owner of multiple properties and I believe it would make it seem unfair.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
However, I believe if this does get implemented someone who has the co-owner role for a property shouldn't be allowed to own a property of their own. As you stated "they basically already have their own." with the co-owner role. I also think that there should be a limit on who can co-own a property as you explained with the slots. For example, if someone has a co-owner role they shouldn't be allowed to co-own another property bc they're already a co-owner of one. It'd seem like you're a co-owner of multiple properties and I believe it would make it seem unfair.
+1
This 100%.

vix

Level 23
twothousands
twothousands
Notable
+1
this

Users who are viewing this thread