KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
Hqrvey_ [Main]
hurricaneswake (applying with)

What is your discord username?
harvey_._

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm quite active on SRP. I am normally running around and chilling in with some of my friends, I try to log on for a decent amount of hours everyday, however that varies on weekends and I am on for longer than normal. Approximately, on weekdays, I will spend 4 - 6 hours online. On weekends, I spend approximately 5 - 8 hours online depending if I have any plans with family.

Depending on the character I am in the feeling that I want to play, I will mainly be doing either GangRP or FamilyRP. I have been gangrp’ing for a bit now, and have been enjoying it. The same with FamilyRP, I was accepted into a family, and since then it's been a new side of SRP for me, which has made it enjoyable and it's been new. I am currently going down a CrimeRP route, and hoping to do the same with an EMS route

What is your timezone?:
BST/GMT

List your current and past applications:
[DENIED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/hqrvey_s-caretaker-application.65377/
[N/A] https://schoolrp.net/threads/hqrveys-2nd-caretaker-application.65467/
[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/leo-first-language-application.63129/

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying since 2018, across many different games (such as Minecraft, Roblox, and FiveM). It all started on roblox where I was just bored and needed something to do to pass the time. Minecraft started off for a bit of fun, sometimes on hypixel housing when the roleplay on there used to be played more often. Some of it was a bit similar to SchoolRP, however wasn't the same. Before i played FiveM I used to roleplay on GTA back on my xbox which was mainly all just talking, which was fun however it wasnt the same as when i started playing FiveM. Whilst playing FiveM, which was for a good few years, I have done a few types of roleplaying, it has been things like EMS and PD, which both had proper plugins that were needed and gave me quite a bit of knowledge on how their roles worked across roleplaying. With the plugins it enabled me to be able to learn on how to treat some injuries, which im hoping some of the knowledge carries onto being a psychiatrist if I am to be accepted. Since joining SRP, I have found myself doing GangRP, CrimeRP, FamilyRP and now wanting to do some more roleplaying within factions, as being a Grade-12 is getting a bit repetitive and I would like to be able to interact with the community in different ways. Hence why I am now applying for EMS.

What is your motivation for applying?
As a member of the SchoolRP community I’ve been wanting to do more types of roleplay as stated above, and I think that EMS is a good start for that. I have been a part of SRP for around 4-5 months, and I have been wanting to join a faction to explore further into roleplaying here. I am finding myself in need of trying to find other types of roleplay, this is another reason for applying. I have a few friends that are currently in EMS and they say it is a nice faction to be a part of, which has enticed me more into wanting to join.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

[Psychiatrists]
“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t”
Psychiatrist’s line of work is quite demanding and sometimes can be complex. They need to be comfortable in their own work environment, and need to be able to flex themself in their work. Sometimes they may need to use different areas, rooms and other areas in general. Psychiatrists need skills such as empathy and compassion, whilst also being good at understanding and reading people, they will be talking to different types of people on a day to day basis, which may change from people needing to vent or people that may need diagnosis.

[Paramedics]
“Expect the unexpected”
A paramedic's line of work is quite complex, hence the quote above. You can never expect to have a typical day as a paramedic, most situations will always vary, you will see people of all ages, and all sorts of injuries that may occur. A paramedic call can go from treating someone with a broken bone, with the next call being an open wound. Paramedic shifts are also 24/7. It is a service that never stops, so they may need to work all sorts of times, whether that is night shifts, day shifts. Paramedic’s need skills such as excelling with communication to manage a wide range of calls over their radios, to report. They must be able to work well with other colleagues, and be able to multitask. Typically, a paramedic will also need quick and good problem solving and diagnostic skills

[Doctors]
“There for your every physical need”
The role of doctors; You are a part of a wider team that promotes, prevents and offers treatment for injuries. You will care for people within your community whenever they come in seeking help. You will spend time with patients with a variety of health needs whilst you are on duty with the aim of keeping them well in their own homes. Skills that a doctor needs vary, these range from communication skills, being able to work in large teams with colleagues, an interest in working with people, and especially staying calm in high stress situations or working under pressure.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I acknowledge this and fully understand.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge this, and will be dedicated to my role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I will attend training whenever I am online, and hope to be available!

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I acknowledge this, and I will make sure I will not take anything that happens OOCly, especially with situations.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:
Kofi Higglebottom

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male, He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Bachelors in Biology
Masters in Psychiatry

Character’s Nationality:
Japanese-American

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese
Backstory (100+ Words)
Being born in America, Kofi would’ve grown up in the busy city of San Francisco until the age of 18, with his mother (a Japanese woman) and father (an American man). Once completing highschool, he decided to attend college in Tokyo, Japan. Learning the language was a difficulty on top of his studies, but he persevered through it and graduated with his Bachelor’s, but he didn’t stop there, no.

“My mom always called me a quitter! I have to prove her wrong.”

With passion fuelled by spite, he went on to complete his Master’s degree before settling down in his new job. Working there was a simple feat, repetitive in a comforting way. He was content, and happy, making new friends and just living life in the city! But soon.. Kofi found himself lost. Tired of the life he’d carved out for himself. He wanted a change, something smaller and exciting, which led him to move to the small island town of Karakura. He was finally glad to be out of studying, he was free. He was proud of himself. Day to day he would look at his degree, specifically a psychiatrist degree.

Some of his friends were happy for him, for him getting out and doing his own thing instead of living life confined in a state of repetition. Others, who knew of Karakura, were slightly more apprehensive, yet they still supported him.

Upon arriving in Karakura, he found himself with no friends, though he heard some of his family lived here.. He decided he was gonna apply for a job, he didn’t even know what job himself yet. He found himself helping people around Karakura, as he sat in his apartment, looking over the course of what jobs were available in Karakura, he clicked onto the Karakura Hospital website, looking if they were taking applications in. With hopes of finally finding himself, he decided to fill out an application, in hopes he would be accepted, he continued to live his life, helping people out daily, wherever and whenever he could. He spent time with family.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)
General Psychiatry, Kofi chose this focus as he always loved helping people, he let his family and friends vent to him, and doing his best at comforting them whenever they would, he was seen as the friend anyone could vent to, it would always stay private and between the two.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Kofi has not taken any medical residencies after medical school, he finished his masters degree in Psychiatry and let it go on for a few years, though he never let the knowledge out of his head, it took him a few years to finally build up the courage to start medical school, and Karakura would be his first residency

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
No
Has your character completed any additional schooling?
N/A

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Kofi is a 6’2 male, with light, scarred skin. Along his left thigh would be a large third-degree burn scar, along with one spanning up his left arm (palm to elbow). His eyes would be a piercing blue, with freckles dotted on his cheeks and forehead. On the back of his neck, if you could check, there’d be a small scarred cut.

Kofi’s hair is semi-long, at least for what would be considered ‘normal’ for a man. It would reach just below his shoulders, and would be pinned back into a loose, messy bun more often than not, sitting at the base of his neck. It’d be a dark brown with streaks of white and blonde woven into it. His ears would be pierced — his firsts and seconds in both ears, with his right helix pierced too. A large tattoo of a phoenix would span his back; bright fiery reds and oranges and yellows scattered across the marred skin.

When Kofi speaks you will notice that the tone of his voice is quite deep, which never changes, when he speaks you will notice his tone is quite smooth and soft, with him speaking quite slowly to make sure people understand him, as he grew up as quite a fast talker. He always tries to speak in a happy tone, trying to project his happy mood onto the people around him.
How does your character act on and off duty?

ON DUTY
Kofi would always be professional whilst on duty, keeping his formality and professionalism in a good state, afterall, he's working in a highly professional role in Karakura. With his colleagues he's always making a joke, keeping it respectful. Whenever he has a patient, he is always professional, sitting in a straight posture in the room. Taking notes on his clipboard as he talks to the patient about whatever they need.

OFF DUTY
If you manage to find Kofi off duty, you will seem that he is more laid back and relaxed, not having the stress of work over his head, and being able to be himself with not actively representing the hospital, of course, he always is whether he is on or off duty, but he is not required to be professional as he is on duty. He will normally be seen with family or friends, where he will just be relaxing himself, leaving the shift that had happened behind him.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Kofi finds himself working with others quite well, his whole life he has been around people. Whilst at school, he was always excited for group work, which has helped him grow up with great communication skills. He was rarely found alone when it came to work, only when it solo work. He attempted to always help the people around him, whilst also focusing on himself the best he could, which helped him grow up with confidence. e around him, whilst also focusing on himself the best he could, which helped him grow up with confidence. However, Kofi is still capable of completely finishing his work on his own, however will never turn down anyone that offers to help him, or will offer help when he sees people that need it.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Whilst working as a psychiatrist, he hopes to not give up on EMS anytime soon, eventually he wants to excel as a psychiatrist, and possibly become a paramedic in future. He hopes to one day achieve high ranking within psychiatry. However, After EMS when the time comes, he hopes to continue his work within the city, maybe taking a career change at the school hopefully teaching the next generation. Kofi may also take a path working in neuropsychology, hoping to understand how the human brain works with behaviour and emotions, to eventually linking that to his past work as a psychiatrist, using this knowledge to eventually be able to teach the next set of psychiatrists that come along.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Kofi is not the best at understanding what people think about him. Most people typically speak about him as an understanding and peaceful person. With sometimes being perceived by others as quite a strict, but caring person.

Kofi thinks of himself as a caring person as well, however contradicts himself noticing that sometimes he can be not so understanding whilst not at work. He also finds himself to be quite adventurous, often finding himself in his free time exploring, this could be from forests, to caves. He also perceives himself as quite a persistent person, trying to never give up on one thing and always trying to finish it to the best of his capability

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread