Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: HampterHunter
What's the title of your suggestion?: Re-Adjust the rule for 'Freecam' use

What's your suggestion?:
Freecam has been a useful tool to aid in improve the overall quality of the Roleplay Cinematic in SchoolRP

Recently, we've been told that the use of the mod freecam has been banned, and It messed with me, who's an avid photographer in the server to take great and photo materials for examples: Events, Gang Activity and other things.
The change was assumed to be made due to the amount of Criminal Roleplayers and other factions using the Freecam mod as a way to meta-game during situations. Which is yeah understandable, but completely banning it hurts a part of the playerbase who uses it to improve the story-telling of one's situation.

My solution for this is simple, have the use of Freecam be registered via forums and for specific purposes only, that way It's easier to keep in track of those who uses it to break rules, and those who uses it to benefit everyone's quality of roleplay.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will not only help enforce the usage of freecam to meta-game by faction players, but also removes that collateral damage to players who uses the mod as an accessory to improve Roleplay situations and story-telling cinematically.

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
My solution for this is simple, have the use of Freecam be registered via forums and for specific purposes only, that way It's easier to keep in track of those who uses it to break rules, and those who uses it to benefit everyone's quality of roleplay.

I'm a little confused about the entire solution itself, but if I'm understanding it right then it's fairly exploitable

Like anyone can do, people lie. Whilst yes, I agree freecam should be readded for cinematic purposes, through the solution you think of which is having players register it via the forums, people can always opt to not register it and still use it.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
You can achieve a similar result with Replay Mod. The difference here is that you can't check what's around you simultaneously, making it less exploitable. You can also use this to take personalized screenshots too.

HunterHampter

Level 65
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
You can achieve a similar result with Replay Mod. The difference here is that you can't check what's around you simultaneously, making it less exploitable. You can also use this to take personalized screenshots too.
Replay mod is a lot more complicated, Freecam removes all of the extra steps and just go straight to the point, not to mention that Replay mod is also not allowed in the server last time I checked.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion!

Please see rule 3.3a as this was never allowed in the first place. I've watched at least 2 clips of this mod being used for an advantage myself, and generally speaking it should be common sense that this type of mod/hack wouldn't be acceptable on most (if not) all Minecraft servers. We will not be allowing the use of this mod, though as suggested above by @Yonio you may use Replay Mod for stuff like screenshots and videos, given that it's only accessible after an event has taken place.

This goes for any mod (excluding chat keybinds) that is used for an advantage over another player, as per our rules.

Users who are viewing this thread