What is your Minecraft username?:
untinseled : my main is Olzweig.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes! elizabvth#1312.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
PST. (GMT-8)

Describe your activity on the server:
Honestly, it’s really sporadic. I’m busy often, but recently I’ve been trying to get back into it – given a lot of friends I have on the server are active. During weekends and breaks I’ll be the most active, as I have school from 8:30 to 15:30 during weekdays. I will work hard to put in the effort to be able to be as active as possible, though!

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Nope!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do entirely.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Receptionist.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Receptionists are in charge of a lot of things around the school. They help students with exchanging reward tokens for prizes, directing them to classes, sending them to see the nurse or SLT, among other things. Additionally, they are almost the ‘doormen’ of the school, as the front desk is the very first thing viewable once entering the building. They are in charge of enforcing peace in the front, as well, whether it be by physically stepping in between an altercation or verbal reinforcement.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I started this server in 2017, and enjoyed it a lot. I know things weren’t nearly as serious as they can be today, but it was fun. I took a 1-2 year break in 2019, and returned in the winter of 2021. That’s my experience with the server, at least – and I mostly dabbled in GangRP / regular old character interactions with my friends. When I was younger I did some roleplay in YouTube live chats, but as you know it was that sort of cringey, magic-filled rp that kids do. I’ve briefly touched into some Discord stuff as well, which is the most literate I’ve been with roleplay.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
It seems fun, in my opinion! I've had friends who've taken up positions in the school faction and have reported positive experiences, and it's among my list of factions I've yet to try out. I see myself having a lot of fun as a school employee, as most oftentimes as a student I find myself bored out of my mind during the school day. Additionally, I still do know a few people currently in the faction, and working in a faction alongside some of my friends sounds fun!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-team-application-1.50577/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reporter-application.50789/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/icelandic-application-olzweig.48829/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application-olzweig.47968/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/olzweigs-vietnamese-application.45638/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/olzweigs-third-language-application.45604/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
On this account, I’m going to be Grade-12. On my main, I’m College Bachelors.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Ryō would at first gently remind the student that obscenities should not be spewed upon school campus, and ask why the student is not in class. If they were to continue, he would then remind them that punishment is a possible consequence for disrespectful behavior and misconduct, although he would like to stay away from threats in general. If the behavior still persists, Ryō would question their motive and ask if they’re in need of aid of any sort.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
He would report the issue over the radio, asking for a nurse to be prepared for potential visitors, before stepping between them. Ryō would physically separate the two students, being sure to restrain them as to prevent further injury. Following that, he would take them both to the nurse, asking for them to be kept in different parts of the room. He would sit as they were checked over, and then would promptly assign them both detention as a consequence for physical altercation.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Ryō would likely begin things by informing others – SLT if available, the employee’s department head if otherwise. If they happen to be the department head, he would tell another department lead. Then, if it were physically putting a student or the employee themself in danger, he would separate whatever was going on from the people. Following that, he would restrain the employee as to disallow continuation of the dangerous behavior. When it’s dealt with, he would bring the issue to SLT if they weren’t already aware, informing them of the events from an unbiased and neutral standpoint.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
He’s a somewhat stoic man, typically taciturn in nature. Ryō is not one for initiating conversation past simple smalltalk, and even then, is hesitant to speak much. The man will likely greet his coworkers and offer to brew them coffee or grab them a snack, as well as perhaps chat about an incident that happened that day. Otherwise, he’ll sit in the corner, reading a book.

/me glanced up as he heard a student approaching, offering them a smile and slight nod of his head. Ryō’s work laid unattended on the table as he faced the other with his full attention, ready to aid them. “Good morning, how may I help you?” He would place his hands on top of the desk, folding them together as he patiently awaited their response.

/me got up from his chair, walking out from behind the desk as he turned down the hall toward the nurse’s office. Ryō would gently tap the student on the shoulder, clearing his throat. “Excuse me,” he began, “please keep your voice down in the hallway. Students are learning.” He would give them a small smile as to show his lack of malice, walking back to his desk once the commotion settled.

/me entered the break room with a neutral expression, carefully shutting the door behind him. He would make his way toward the counter, picking up a stray fruit on its surface and walking to his typical seat. As he sat down, making himself comfortable, he would pull the current novel he was reading out of his bag, opening it to the page he had left on. His head raised as he heard the door click, waving somewhat to his coworker who had just entered the room.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Ryō Nakano.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Preferred Name:
Nakano.

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
Agnostic.

Marital Status:
Single.

Academic Degree:
Masters.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Linguistics.

Minors:
Dance.

Nationality:
Japanese.

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.

Native Languages:
Japanese.

Other Languages:
N/A.

Backstory
Ryō was born in a quaint family of four, with his mother, father, and sister. His childhood was mundane, with him attending school normally and enjoying his studies. It was clear from a young age he was the more studious of the Nakano children, given the fact that his sister was much more interested in athletics. Many found it humorous, how they quite literally made up the ‘brain and brawns’ dynamic. High school was when things got more difficult, with Ryō ending up on the receiving end of teasing due to being quiet and ‘nerdy’, as labelled by his peers. He never went out to any parties, instead studying, while his sibling was out and about, living life out in the city. His parents were a little concerned for his social life, asking him to go out once in a while, yet he declined – stating he was fine where he was. Eventually he graduated at the top of his class, and promptly was accepted into the University of Tokyo. Ryō’s scholarly nature soon paid off, as he found it quite easy to keep up in his classes, interested deeply in each and every course he was taking. Following his graduation from the prestigious school, he was offered dozens of internship opportunities, which he declined. He had wanted a year to recoup and take a break, which he spent in his family home taking care of his parents. The next year he began looking for job opportunities, and it was then that he found out about Karakura. The opening seemed perfect for him; it remained in Japan and he could make use of his academic knowledge. Initially he opted for the tutor position, but switched to wishing to become a receptionist as he realized he would likely be unable to take extended sessions with one-on-one interactions. Before applying he consulted his sister, who expressed her concern. It would require a lot of social interaction, she interjected, which he had not much experience with. Ryō found himself agreeing, and instead decided to take another few years of break, spending it at a part-time job in a teahouse. It was a gentle enough environment for him, which nurtured his ability to talk to people. When he decided to apply again he realized he still was not as extroverted as his sister or old classmates, but he had enough social skills to which he felt prepared for the job. Holding his breath, he soon found himself submitting an application to the Karakura High School.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I’ve spent a lot of time looking for a way to put my intellect to use, and although my major, linguistics, may not exactly have to do with serving as a receptionist in a school, I believe it would be a refreshing experience for me. Growing up, I was not treated kindly by peers at my school, and I would hate for that to occur to other children who are the same age I had been. However, the faculty had always helped me through hard times, and I deeply admired them for all they had done for me. To be able to help out firsthand with preventing rough times, or perhaps even helping to make just one child’s life better, would be fulfilling enough for a lifetime. Giving back to the community which has served me so well, despite it not being at the school which I graduated from, is a dream of mine, which I can see myself reaching with this job.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I am a rational person through and through, and I believe I am qualified of such a position. Patience is one of my greatest virtues, and I am not the type to simply blow up on a student due to a bad day or anything of that matter. I have become great with working with others, and in a team such as the one at KHS, I believe I wil thrive. I can help students reach their full potential as well as aid with fiascos that may rise on campus, and hope that you may see me as a reliable source of help.

Extra
Additional notes about your application:

N/A.
Do you have any questions?:
No.

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Receptionist! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread