_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
IGN: _Washu_
DATE: 3/12/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Simply: Add the "Confirm Your Purchase" Feature when clicking on items at the AH rather than just automatically purchasing it for us.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Firstly:
It was never announced that the feature was removed; what ended up happening to me, and I'm certain many others too, is that I purchased an item accidentally when I wanted to get a better look using the confirm feature that I had previously been used to using. People are likely still used to the feature's implementation and will result in accidental purchases where neither user was at fault - neither the seller or buyer, but rather a failure on the server's end.
Secondly:
Having a confirm feature is important. I don't understand why "fix something that wasn't broken" - the auction house's mechanics were fine in that regard. Having the ability to confirm just allows a user to think twice before making a purchase - this is considering the purchase wasn't a simple miss click. On that note as well, you shouldn't be punishing people for making miss clicks on something like minecraft - it happens, I've lost 115K thanks to it and your response was "just don't click next time".
Thirdly:
It's a confirm feature. All stores that function with a player purchasing from an automated system (or NPC) similar to the auction house on SRP have it. It's only natural for users to expect it and its just simply good practice to keep stuff like that consistent across the server.

Hirathex

Level 249
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1, but I don't see anyone being "punished" for it. The staff team isn't able to return your money, nor were most of us involved with making the plugin. That being said, I do agree it should be added back to prevent this from happening so often

_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
+1, but I don't see anyone being "punished" for it. The staff team isn't able to return your money, nor were most of us involved with making the plugin. That being said, I do agree it should be added back to prevent this from happening so often
ah by "punished" I was referring to them losing money for something that wasn't their fault as users aren't able to get their money back is all. Not staff "punishing" but rather them being "punished" for not being extremely attentive and miss clicking for example

Last edited:

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Simply: Add the "Confirm Your Purchase" Feature when clicking on items at the AH rather than just automatically purchasing it for us.
Firstly:
It was never announced that the feature was removed; what ended up happening to me, and I'm certain many others too, is that I purchased an item accidentally when I wanted to get a better look using the confirm feature that I had previously been used to using. People are likely still used to the feature's implementation and will result in accidental purchases where neither user was at fault - neither the seller or buyer, but rather a failure on the server's end.
Secondly:
Having a confirm feature is important. I don't understand why "fix something that wasn't broken" - the auction house's mechanics were fine in that regard. Having the ability to confirm just allows a user to think twice before making a purchase - this is considering the purchase wasn't a simple miss click. On that note as well, you shouldn't be punishing people for making miss clicks on something like minecraft - it happens, I've lost 115K thanks to it and your response was "just don't click next time".
Thirdly:
It's a confirm feature. All stores that function with a player purchasing from an automated system (or NPC) similar to the auction house on SRP have it. It's only natural for users to expect it and its just simply good practice to keep stuff like that consistent across the server.
+1 YES IVE ALREAD ACCIDENTALLY BOUGHT STUFF CAUSE I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE VERIFICATION

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
+1
I bought a pair of ugly earrings accidentally, we need this implemented again

worst

Level 13
worstdressed
worstdressed
Notable
+1 shaky hands and accidentally bought a 350,000 item pls reimplement this

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Not even sure why this wasn’t carried over, devs just forgot it I think, +1

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
It's easy to misclick on something and buy it, and no confirmation in the auction house = rip money if you do

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1, I'd also like to suggest sorting again. I think a nice part of the auction was finding good deals on items by sorting the cheapest items out of the bunch, now it's very difficult to do that.

CTC0

Level 25
CTC0
CTC0
Notable
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Simply: Add the "Confirm Your Purchase" Feature when clicking on items at the AH rather than just automatically purchasing it for us.
Firstly:
Secondly:
Thirdly:
+1 FINALLY!! Luckily it hasn't happened to me yet but it's happened to my friend, loosing 100k to a pair of glasses that was right next to something they actually wanted to purchase, and now they don't have enough money for the other item, simply having no use for glasses and unable to resell it that high and get money back, I WANT THIS FEATURE BAAAAAAACK :)

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
+1, I think the devs have just been working hard and forgot it. I'm sure it'd be added back when they have time

Users who are viewing this thread