Level 1
virindi
virindi
Omega

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
Main account: virindi
Applying account: v1rind1

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
My discord username is virindii, and yes I do have a microphone.

List your timezone and country:
EST, USA

Describe your activity:

I would describe my activity on SRP as a solid 8/10. Now while I have been known to take breaks here and there, SRP is always a place that I return to and have fun being on. A lot of my free time through out the day is just spent on there, even if I am not currently doing anything within the moment, I am still on. That, but I am also almost always available. It is rarer to see me not online than it is anything else.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I have one ban.
Appeal [ACCEPTED]

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
Teacher Application
[ACCEPTED]
Council Application [ACCEPTED]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My motivation for applying to this faction of the city is the possible chance of trying something brand new for me! I love writing, but I have never really explored how far I can really go with it, and I believe this would be one of the best places to start such a journey. I have always viewed writing as one of the many ways someone can express themselves, and it is something I really want to gain more experience in. Along with those reasons, I also just want a chance to meet new people. I would not describe myself as shy, per say, but I have a tendency to stick to my small group of friends and expanding my range of known people is something that motivates me to try my hand at new things. Even if I feel like I might not be the best at it, at first, I still want to try.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

My experience with writing actually first starts about six years ago. At first, I only ever was the reader. As most people start out. But then I took interest in storytelling, and exploring just how imaginative a mind can be, and what you can do when you jot those ideas down and make something out of them. And I loved it. I have always enjoyed watching things start from nothing and turn into something; and this joy I felt during these times stimmed from how I felt while writing. Childish little antics at first, nothing made sense, but it was fun. And then, I finally got a computer of my own, and wound up roleplaying. Which was a brand new "type" of writing for me to learn about and try to improve at. And clearly I also found that fun too. So with all this, I would say my relationship with writing is a really positive one. And to this day it is something that continues to get even better.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I am aware and will follow the set of rules provided, yes.

Why should we accept you over others?:

You should accept me because while I too am aware that my skills may be a bit lacking compared to others, I am always willing to get better. I do not fear failure and it is something I pride myself on. I try my best not to mess up, of course, but when it happens I always try to learn from it. I am a person that is easy to teach, someone who is always open to suggestions and willing to better myself at whatever I am trying to do. I am also just a very active SRP player, and would be more than happy to dedicate a large chunk of my time and effort to the faction.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes, I understand.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, I understand.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

To me, working as a reporter means taking up the responsibility of not only seeking out the truth, but revealing it to those who may not be as fortunate in finding it. It is a reporters job to relay information to the general public, and allow the citizens they are speaking to be involved and made aware of the happenings around them. Reporters, and news in general, keep people in the loop. Keeps them knowing, and learning. If it were not for such things, no one would ever truly know about anything happening around them. And knowing such details is what can make or break the feeling of safety someone may have in whatever city or town, or even state or country, that they may live in.

Full Name:

" Alisa Blackwell "

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)

" In terms of first names, I prefer being called Alice. Otherwise, Ms. Blackwell is fine. "

Current Age (25+):
" I am currently the old, old age of twenty-six. "

Past job/work experience:

" From my middle adolescence to my early twenties, I had the absolutely unfortunate experience of working with a sports magazine company. It was the worst time of my life, I would never wish that upon anyone. However, it did give me the resources needed to get a handle on not only journalism, but relaying up and coming information as well. . . I still hated it though. "

Degree/qualifications:
" I have a Masters degree in Forensic Science, and my Minors degree in Communications, along with Journalism. "

Nationality and born location:
" Born in France, Toulouse to be specific, and raised in the southern part of London. . Did the accent perhaps give it away? "

Phone Number:
" 030-593-1828 "

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

" Hmm. . I suppose I would describe myself as a calm person, steady. I like to think of myself as rather reliable, seeing as I have major amounts of time on my hands. Some would probably attach me to the word of 'kind' but I prefer things like that up to whoever I am speaking with. However what I can say with utmost assurance is that I am not someone who second guesses myself. I make all of my decisions with my head held very high. "

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
" To be frank, I am most interested in writing about anything crime related. You see, I have always found such a thing fascinating. Documentaries of deep dives into the mind of a psychopath? Oh! It is just my favorite thing. Or listings about the most unfathomable ways a crime was committed really keep me on the edge of my seat. And If I could provide those same kinds of feelings to others who read my report, I would be so incredibly happy. However, that is not to say that I am uninterested in other things; on the contrary I like to believe my range of interest stretches wider than even I may be aware of. A comfort zone is a useless boundary set by one's self. A hindrance. So I have no qualms with stepping out of mine. In fact, I would really just consider doing so just another part of the job. As for how I will achieve these things I wish to do. . Well. . I suppose I will just always do my best. Search for the truth, and if I cannot find it, I will simply look again. For it surely must be somewhere. "

What are your expectations for the job?:
" My expectations for this job are high, as are my expectations for anything else I may be trying to do. I expect to find what it is I am looking for with this job, and I expect to be great at it. The life of reporter, in a way, is constantly shrouded in mystery. What new story will pop up next? How will we uncover it? These questions are some of the most fun to think about in one's opinion; so I expect a lot of that as well. Especially with a town like Karakura. "

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
" As far as the records are concerned, nothing is there. "

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
" I can speak English, French, and Japanese "

[ #1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura. ]

Good morning, everyone. Today reads as Sunday, the 20th. Currently 11:36am at the time of this proceeding. To the utmost surprise​
of all citizens residing within the Karakura island, KPD cards barreled their way across the streets of the city, hurdling to what winded​
up being the old location of Club Luxe. When asked about the incident, of course, the policeman could not say much. And for the​
most part, on-lookers were far too frazzled to provide any information, not that anyone really knew anything in the moment. However,​
lucky for us all here today, I was able to have a chat with a Detective working the case. Here is the information he was able to provide for​
us at the time.​

[ For everyone viewing this information online, a transcript of the interview is written below. A link to the audio recording is also provided ]
[!] There’s a sound of rustling happening through the tape recorder, Alisa clicks it on, and begins to speak, she can be heard mumbling "time reads 1:45am". [!]

Alisa: “Good evening sir, do you mind stating your name, age, and occupation? And please be specific.”

Kyuma: “Not at all. Kyuma Endo, 36, A KPD Detective.”

Alisa: “Lovely, thank you. Excuse me for cutting right to the point, but is there any information you can give us about this sudden commotion happening within the city?”

Kyuma: “I cannot tell you too much, as a lot of this is still thoroughly being investigated. However, I am sure you are aware of the gang Bonten.”

Alisa: “Of course, sir. Their name has been making big splashes in the daily lives of the normal citizens.”

Kyuma: “Yes, well. We, the KPD, had reason the believe there would be a large gathering of gang members, officials, and the like. An event hosted by Bonten themselves.”

Alisa: “That sounds. . Incredibly unlike them, if I am frank. Bonten are not known to be the ‘team-player’ type of gang. From my knowledge, they tend to do things alone.”

Kyuma: “You would be right about that. Which is why it struck us as a bit odd.”

Alisa: “But I must ask, what makes this event different from others, besides the fact that it is hosted by Bonten? Surely there have been plenty of gang hosted events the KPD had a bit of knowledge of, or at least speculated. But to deploy so many officers is new.”

Kyuma: “I. . Cannot tell you that.”

Alisa: “I see. It seems we have reached territory not yet ready for the public.”

Kyuma: “We have.”

[!] Suddenly, voices are screaming far louder than they had been previously. It is an incredible shift in mood caught live. A booming voice -one of which Alisa was never able to uncovering due to the fast paced moment- yells for Kyuma Endo's attention. Chaos is ensuing in the background, if you listen closely, you can even maybe manage to hear the sounds of people. . . Crying. [!]

Alisa: “It seems you are being called for attention, Mr. Endo. Before we end this interview, are there any final words you wish to give to the people listening and or reading right now?"

Kyuma: “Yes, I would like them to know that they are safe, and have nothing to worry about. We, the KPD, hold true to our mission of keeping them safe. So while this ordeal appears messy, we will keep the people safe.”

[!] Alisa can be heard thanking Kyuma for his time before he too begins to yell. Farther and farther, he rushes away in a hurry. [!]

And so, my interview with Mr. Endo came to a close. His recount of what had transpired, and was, at the time, still currently​
transpiring was. . Lackluster, to be honest. It did nothing for us in terms of finding the status of reasons behind everything​
happening right there outside and even inside of the old club. . . So of course I did what anyone in my position would do,​
and took to the eye witnesses themselves! It took a bit of asking around, as I stated earlier in this article, many of the witnesses​
were far too shaken up to provide us with any details. I just happened to get lucky enough to meet Ms. Hong. A young girl who​
was at the front of it all. Here is what she has told us about the event.​

[ For everyone viewing this information online, a transcript of the interview is written below. A link to the audio recording is also provided ]
[!] Alisa’s tape recorder can be heard starting up, along with the same chaos and plethora of voices from the last interview. [!]

Alisa: “Good evening to you. Do you mind stating your name, age, and occupation if you have one?”

Ah-Ying: “Not at all! My name is Ah-Ying Hong, I am 18 years old, and I currently do not work but I am actually looking to so if anyone is hiring please contact me!”

Alisa: “. . . Right. Well, I will not keep you long, I just happened to notice that you, Ms. Hong, were rather close to the front of the crowd.”

Ah-Ying: “I was, yeah. Though it was honestly a wacky accident!”

Alisa: “Really? Might I ask what you were doing, and what led to you practically being ‘swept away’ if that is what you would call it.”

Ah-Ying: “I was out to get some snacks for my sister and I. Moreso for her, since she is the one who sent me out. Specifically, she was craving the sundae’s sold on the beach pier.”

Alisa: “And so let me guess, you were caught on your way back home?”

Ah-Ying: “Yeah! Oh my gosh you are so smart, Miss! I was right outside where Club Luxe used to be when all of a sudden, nyoooommmmm, goes the police cars right in front of me. Oh, and I don’t know if you knew this, but a crowd of people had already begun following all of those cars. Probably curious.”

Alisa: “Yes, probably curious. Please, continue your story.”

Ah-Ying: “Yeah, yeah. So, all these people show up and I am like, soooo confused. It was kind of scary, to see all those police cars parked right outside of the old Club like that, and then they all get out and they’re in their riot gear.”

Alisa: “That does sound about right.”

Ah-Ying: “And then, BAM!!! A bunch of guys in all black pop right out of the door of the club, and they’re holding weapons, and screaming and yelling-”

Alisa: “And where were you at this exact moment?”

Ah-Ying: “Oh me? I had been pushed back by the police officers for my safety, but that didn’t end up being far since, you knowww, the whole crowd was now really beginning to form.”

Alisa: “Did you feel safe during this, Ms. Hong?”

Ah-Ying: “I am. . Supposed to be honest with these things, right?”

Alisa: “As honest as you can be, yes.”

Ah-Ying: “I did not feel safe. It was really, really scary. You should seen the weapons they were holding, and heard the profanities they were screaming at the policemen. I think at least two people on each side got stabbed.”

Alisa: “Right there? In front of all those people in the crowd?”

Ah-Ying: “Sort of? The people with swords all huddled at the door, and they didn’t seem to want to let the officers inside. But, the officers eventually forced their way in.”

Alisa: “I see. I greatly appreciate your time, Ms. Hong. I apologize if this has stirred up any negative feelings in you.”

Ah-Ying: “Not at all! Well-. . Maybe a bit, but that isn’t your fault. You are just doing your job. I think I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Alisa: “Perhaps, but at least now your recount of the story, can give the people at home a better understanding of what happened.”

Ah-Ying: “ . . I didn’t even think about it that way, you are right!”

[!] Once more, Alisa can be heard thanking Ah-Ying for her time, before the recording ends. [!]

When it comes to interviews, and doing large amounts of digging on this case, this is currently all that has been found by us alone. Thankfully,​
you, our readers and listeners, were gracious enough to provide us with footages taken while everything was happening. These videos sent in​
from bystanders in the crowd, and on the sidelines. And we appreciate this greatly. Before watching these videos however, I must insist that​
everyone please beware, for there is very sensitive content here. Depictions of graphic content have no yet been censored, so if you have a​
weak stomach, do not force yourself for the sake of quenching a curious thirst.​

[!] A list of linked videos is then posted. All of them are from separate angles within the crowd, some more useful than others, but they all vaguely show the same scene. Gang members wielding swords and screaming at the top of their lungs; KPD officers armed with their guns, prepared to enact violence if that is what it takes. One of the officers is stabbed, a gang member is shot, yelling is exchanged tenfold as the KPD attempt to force their way in. And they are eventually successful, which is where all of the videos end. [!]

Should any further information be found, or sent in, I will be sure to update as we learn. Count on that.

- This is Alisa Blackwell, signing off. Until next time!

[ #2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself. ]

Good morning everyone! Today is Saturday, the 2nd, and the time of this currently reading as 6:12pm. So how does everyone feel about painting?​
Or the arts in general? If it is something that you are interest in, then do I have the interview for you. Ayano Cho, a woman born and raised within​
the throes of the ever turbulent Karakura itself. An artist, and a growing one at that. Her works usually tend to consist of more bright and​
bubbly landscapes, such as fields of rare flowers, or a sunset view of a trickling river. Things that rwould surely make you stop and say​
'Wow, is that a sight?'. The front cover of todays article is our spotlight piece of the day, and if you wish to know why, read through my​
interview with Ms. Cho to find out. I am sure the answer will leave you all with a heart full of butterflies.​

[!] The click of Alisa's tape recorder can be heard as it whirs up. The two woman briefly heard greeting each other before the interview officially starts. [!]

Alisa: “Good morning, Ms. Cho! It is lovely to see you visiting.”

Ayano: “Oh my goodness, I am so happy to be here. I have not had free time in ages, it’s nice to be home.”

Alisa: “Indeed, it is always best to return to a cozy place at the end of a long day. Now, Ms. Cho, please introduce yourself for those who may be unfamiliar with you and the scene you are most famous in these days.”

Ayano: “Of course of course. My name is Ayano Cho, 24 years old, and I am an up and coming artist!”

Alisa: “I don’t know if you still fit into the ‘up and coming’ category, Miss. If I am correct, your works were recently featured in the Tokyo Station Gallery, were they not?”

Ayano: “They were, and it was really an honor to have my hard work put up on walls for so many people to see.”

Alisa: “I can’t imagine how overwhelmed you must have felt! Do you mind telling me about that? What was going through your mind when you got the email or letter of offer?”

[!] Ayano can be heard laughing sheepishly before she answers. [!]

Ayano: “Honestly, Ms. Blackwell, I cried my eyes out like a baby. I couldn’t believe what I was reading, it felt so surreal. . I didn’t even know what to do with myself, at least not for a solid few days. I think I was only ever to finally muster a response maybe two, or three, days later. It was scary; I thought it might have been someone pulling a sick joke. But no! It was real, thankfully.”

Alisa: “I took a look at the gallery myself, I went to visit while I was in Tokyo. Your art is truly beautiful, however I did not remember seeing those pieces ever before in your discography. Did you paint new works just for the gallery?”

Ayano: “Oh my, you pay a lot of attention, Ms. Blackwell. But, you are correct, I worked myself silly trying to get those done once my spot in the gallery was confirmed. I had considered sending in copies of my previous stuff, but they didn’t feel good enough.”

Alisa: “And what, pray tell, is considered ‘good enough’ in your books?”

Ayano: “Something that people look at, and question what they are seeing. Or the meaning behind it. Why I made it, what might have inspired me, those things. My past stuff is fine, but it was amateur work. It was rushed, and unserious.”

Alisa: “Is that so? What motivated you to start taking the practice of painting far more seriously than you previously had?”

Ayano: “Hmmm. . I would say, my drive to be better. . . And my mother. Even though I have always been good at painting, there was a point in my life where it grew boring to do. Repetitive. But, my mother continued to push me in the best way possible, she’d always say ‘Aya, you have so much more talent than you give yourself credit for!’ And I guess after a while, I started really believing in myself and my abilities. To the point where I began to really care about what others thought of the things I produced.”

Alisa: “So would you say your mother is your biggest inspiration?”

Ayano: “Oh absolutely, if it were not for her, I would have quit ages ago. She has always supported me, if I ever needed new brushes, or paints. A new canvas because I used up all the forty others, she was there.”

Alisa: “She sounds like a very sweet woman, a loving mother. I noticed one of your pieces is simply titled ‘Miyuki’, which I found interesting considering most of your other works are more of sentences, or phrases. Why was this one different?”

Ayano: “The piece we are speaking about is the one of a snowy view from a mountain cliff, looking down at the vast forest covered in even more snow, which was out of my comfort to do since I usually do less naturey work but, this one was dedicated to my mother. You see, Miyuki is her name. It means ‘deep snow’.”

Alisa: “Oh how adorable! So aside from your mother, what else tends to get you inspired to paint?”

Ayano: “Well as I am sure you noticed, a lot of the things I put up in the gallery are familiar scenes from here in Karakura. The shrine, the beach, and the like. Home is a really big push for me.”

Alisa: “So you have a lot of pride for being from Karakura?”

Ayano: “I. . Have never really thought about it, but I would say so, yeah. I mean this where I haven't spent all my life. And, of course other people have all their opinions about this place, but no matter what this is still home for me.”

Alisa: “Do you consider your acceptance into the gallery as an achievement for not only you, but Karakura as well?”

Ayano: “In a way, I do. Karakura is one of the smaller islands of Japan, and we’re not known internationally for much. And if we are on the international news, it has rarely been for anything good. I want to change that; I want to show the world that greatness can come from small places. That Karakura is more than just gangs, and violence.”

Alisa: “Is it safe to assume that you are pleased with the recent amount of tourism Karakura has had since your works were put up in Tokyo?”

Ayano: “It is very safe to assume that. It makes me happy to know my work is moving enough to persuade people into visiting our little town.”

Alisa: “Speaking of visit, we mentioned this earlier, but you are back in town for a little vacation yourself are you not? Any plans now that you are back home?”

Ayano: “Yeah, actually! I definitely am going to do some sightseeing, check out anything that has changed, catch up with my friends and stuff. In fact, once we are done here, my highschool group of friends want to take me around the city!”

Alisa: “That sure sounds like you will have a blast, Ms. Cho. I wish not to keep you any longer, thank you for sitting down with me and having this chat. I feel as if I know you so much better now.”

Ayano: “Again, it was my pleasure. Thank you for your questions, I enjoyed them.”

Alisa: “Oh wait, one more question. Do you have anything final you would like to say to everyone listening and or reading?”

Ayano: “Hmmm. .”

[!] Ayano takes a long pause, she can be heard humming as she gathers what she wants to say. [!]

Ayano: “I want everyone to know that no matter what happens, you can be anything you want! Limitations are something set by us, not by circumstances. It doesn’t matter where you are from or what others think of you, do what makes you happy and do it with all the pride in the world!”

[!] The recording then comes to a close. [!]

I told you, what a lovely woman she is. A shiney bright new star for the artistic world to watch over and admire. I highly advise​
everyone to stop and say hello if you happen to see her around town!​

- This is Alisa Blackwell, signing off. Until next time!

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:
  • Please get in touch with me via Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set up!​

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread