virindi
virindi
Omega

What is your Minecraft Username?:
virindi

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reviewed.41602/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reviewed.40358/
(Note: Both of these were not done by me, but by the person who owned the account before I did. However, I thought to include them anyway just in case!)

What is your timezone?:
Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
virindi !#8046

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

French application
Russian application
Teacher application

Describe your activity on the server?:
A few days ago or so, I had taken some time off from SRP for about a week or so. Both as a break for myself, but also I didn’t really have a choice in the matter.

So, unless my OOC life is becoming extremely chaotic, which clearly does happen sometimes, I'm usually on SRP quite religiously. My activity can range anywhere between 6-12+ hours depending on what I have going on. As on weekdays, I sometimes go out and about with my family or friends, which can take up some of my time. But other than that, again, I am on pretty regularly.

In the coming days, I plan to get my activity back up, since I can finally get to my PC again!

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
vivichiii - [Teacher][NQT] - Katalina Vitale
vinichiii - [Grade-8] - Fei Tsu
virindi - [College][M] - Yun-hae ‘Milani’ Kuujou

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I am aware!

What is student council and what do they do?:
The student council is a group of volunteer students who are in charge of helping plan events for the student body, they keep things organized around the school by patrolling about, and provide extra helping hands for any of the busy school staff. The student council also serves as a point where other students can come to for help as well, such as for advice, or anything similar of the sort.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
There were multiple things that motivated me to apply! But, the main reason was that I wanted to try something new amongst the server. A brand new and shiny experience for me to test my hand at, while also wanting to get my character more involved in school life. And though yes, I do have a teacher role, which is technically in the same environment as a councilor would be in, I view them as two entirely separate experiences. To me, every new role is a new chapter of some kind! So whether similar or not, my plan is to go into it with a blank sleight. But that aside, I was also heavily motivated by my friends, who encouraged me to go for it, and give it a shot.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I am aware.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

PRESIDENT & VICE PRESIDENT
The student council president and vice president are the people who sit at the helm of the council. They are the leaders, and therefore, the ones with the most responsibility! They ensure the fluidity of any event going on, and they are key enforcers of the rules and conducts put into place. They keep everything in order. And though the council president is the head decision maker of the group, the vice president can also come to some decisions of their own, though on a much smaller scale.

TREASURER-
Students with the acting position of treasurer are highly expected to be well rounded in terms of accountancy and financial management of event budgets, school fees, school donations, etc. They're often around to keep monthly logs of any expenses the departments may encounter in order to provide students with a comfortable experience.

TRAINING COMMITTEE-
This is a group of students that I think don’t get talked about enough! They’re extremely important, especially for any new batch of councilors, as a group of well respected individuals that values preparation amongst other needed characteristics of being a councilor. They aim to provide the newer recruits with the knowledge and values they themselves have acquired through the months or years of being sat in position of councilor. They are the people who really know what they’re doing, and are reliable sources for any new councilor who may have questions.

COUNCILOR-
The councilors, the ones without any other title, are the ones who are the most easy to find and see. They can be found doing their patrols, and interacting with students. They are the ones who really push to not only follow the rules, but keep up the public appearance of the student council as a whole.

[Honorable Mentions include]

SLT-
This bracket consists of the Dean, Vice Dean, Principle, and Vice Principal. They are the overall authority for all of the faculty, and therefore, extremely important to the student council. If there is a problem the council, or any other faculty cannot handle, they are the last resort.

Teachers/Professors/Other School Employees-
All other school faculty are important to the council because there are just some problems a student(s) can’t handle on their own. Whether it be asking for a second opinion on a situation, or asking faculty to help look for any troublemakers, or breaking up any fights, etc. And I believe the “relationship” is very mutual. Faculty help the Council, and in tern the Council does the same whenever they are needed!

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?
First and foremost, she’d interrupt their dispute, and try to find a civil solution to whatever their issue is. Or at the very least, try to get to the root of the problem. If there is a misunderstanding she’d be their active middle ground, assisting in finding the truth, or a compromise should one be needed. Milani would then remind them that there are more mature ways to handle this kind of situation. However if the students had refused to comply and listen to her from the beginning, she’d have no problem with giving them clear and concise warnings, the maximum she’d give being three should they fail to comply the first time. If they were to still refuse to listen, she’d consult with another councilor and/or a teacher/professor for their opinion on potential detentions.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Milani would assess the person refusing to listen, Best case scenario would be she could recognize their clothing and have seen them out of their mask. That way, she could address them much more directly, and if they still didn’t cooperate, she could at least give their name to the school staff and her fellow councilors so the masked person can be caught. In a situation where the ideals are not allowed, though, she would simply take note of any features she can get her eyes on, making notes of every little thing so she could give an adequate description to the other authoritative figures who could also handle the situation.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
As per most people would, she’d immediately step in, honestly probably getting quite upset at the terrible act being displayed before her. Despite that though, she’d keep her composure as best possibly could, knowing that more hostility could send this even more off the rails. Milani would have practically lectured the offending councilor, making absolutely sure to leave no room for argument on their part. After, hopefully, making them leave, she’d proceed to give a genuine and heartfelt apology to the victim of this situation. Taking them elsewhere, preferably to a superior who can better handle this, so that she can get their side of the story, and understand what happened. No matter what, she’d be on the side of the victim for this kind of situation.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
The likelihood of this happening to Milani is very, very low. Simply because she is a very diligent and thorough person. Especially when it comes to things that are very important to her, and things that she deems to be a responsibility she needs to uphold to the best of her abilities. However, if this were to somehow happen, she’d ask one of her fellow councilors as soon as she possibly could. If the topic discussed happened to be something a bit more intricate, however, she’d set aside time to have it completely explained to her. She is not someone who is shy to ask questions if she does not understand something.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
At first, Milani would question if what happened was just something done in a different manner than what she’d been taught, as everyone has their own way of doing things, or if it was really an act against the conduct. Should it be the latter, she’d ask herself if it violated any rules, and if it did, she’d calmly ask them why they did it, or why they wanted her to be the one to do it. Already suspicious, but wanting to at least give a chance to further explain their reasoning. Regardless of their answer she’d keep her eye on them, and would report what happened to a higher-up just in case.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):

[SCHOOL PLAY!]
The event idea I have in mind would be a play written by the students, for the students! Not only that, but this event idea highly emphasizes getting as many different kinds of people involved into one fun and inclusive project. Not only would something like this cultivate a much more personal link between the clubs involved, since they’d all be working together, but it would also reap worthy results should it all go to plan! Who wouldn’t want to watch their creation come to life? Taken quite literally.

This kind of idea could also get many of the other clubs highly involved in the production of such an event. And though the Theater Club would be quite important to this kind of thing, they would not be the only ones wanted and/or needed! For example, should the genre of the play range more into the mystery or horror genre, the Occult Club’s extensive knowledge could greatly help the actors best portray such occurrences, which in turn would make the experience for the audience more thrilling and exciting. They could even be given roles within the play as it is their specialty. But they are of course not the only club who could get in on the fun! The Art Club, most suited for handling prop making and backdrop creation, could definitely turn the vision of what the play is intended to be into real life.

This event could make use of both the Fashion and Photography clubs. Fashion being in charge of putting the costume designs into real outfits, potentially even making them better than they were originally planned to be. I think the clubs like this, and the Art Club, would be crucial for the production of this play. As their creative advice and experience would further the authenticity and quality of the play. Onto the Photography Club, I believe it would be a crime to not have this moment documented for the school to see later on! Possibly in a yearbook, or hung up in the school hallways as a remembrance for the fun that was had!

And last, but not least, the Journaling Club. This club could be the focal point of advertisement for the play, getting people interested in wanting to come out and see it, Which in my opinion, is one of the most important pieces in making the event a success for everyone else involved!

Side Note: There could be flash moments around the school campus, maybe where some of the actors act out scenes from the play, probably the more dramatized or more intense ones, for people to gather around and watch. This could also spark interest in the play, as of course they’d wanna know what happens next!

Character Name:
Yun-hae ‘Milani’ Kuujou
- commonly just goes by Milani

Character Gender:
Female (she/her)

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(030)-295-3245

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Milani is often described to be motherly, or at least, very big sisterly. She’s a kind figure, who enjoys lending a hand, or just doing random things for those around her, ie, handing out cake pops to random students, or providing her loved ones with advice. Her kindness, however, is not to be mistaken for naivety, as much like a mother would, she can be quite stern when needed.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
A blasian (Korean/Haitian mix) female that usually stands at about 5’5.

3FE9C825-EFB0-43F1-AD06-8A9F23A91856.jpg

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
Going back to her brief summary of her personality, I think my character can provide a sense of warmth, and comfortability that others just quite can’t. She’s genuine in her care for others, in everyone. She can easily provide support of all kinds to just about anyone ever, while also maintaining a fun and light hearted outlook on life that could be refreshing to some troubled people.

Why do you want this position?:
I want this position mainly because, as I said before, I want to try something new and I firmly believe that the position of College Councilor is an experience that will allow for both the council and myself to benefit. But that reason aside, I also know that this would be a very good fit for the kind of person my character is, this position alone aligns with the characteristics and morals I want my character to develop.

What interests you the most about student council?:
Their ability to come and work together to make the school a more safe and endearing place to be. They volunteer themselves for this position, simply because they want to, and they care for the school and the people that are inside of it. I am also interested in just how involved they are with school life, in really all corners. From sports to clubs and more, they’re everywhere, helping out! And I think that’s cool, and something I’d really enjoy being a part of.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I may not be sure how to physically protect students from harm, but I can definitely help out on a more fun level! Whether it be coming up with wild ideas for events, or just interacting with the student body on a more personal level. I believe I could definitely be someone who the other students could confide in if needed, providing a safe space for anyone and everyone.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Student Council!

Please ping Customable#1590 to request your roles in the Academics discord here!​

[!]
If you have any questions, please DM Customable#1590

Users who are viewing this thread