mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Reporter Application | YourAnxietyDemon

MochaMocha

Level 5
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

YourAnxietyDemon, as of now I have no other alternative accounts other than the one I’m currently using.

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

My discord is anxietydemon.

List your timezone and country:

My country is the USA, in the timezone of MST.

Describe your activity:

My activity consists of mostly 3-4 hours on the server on weekdays, this being because i am soon graduating from school and want to put in my best effort. For the time I am on I try to put in as much work or time as possible until I study. I have been on the server for almost 5 years. I started out in GangRP, surprising but not really. I had stayed in GangRP for the past 3 and a half years which forced me into a long line of dedication and motivation to get on the server often. I do take breaks now but for most of the time I can be seen running around, interacting with others and doing my own thing. My variety of characters and their unique traits gives me time to always have a new experience on the server so I do not get bored easily. I do put time and effort into things like planned lore roleplays with friends and people as well as gang stuff on a separate character. I am on pretty much every day for some amount of time to do a few things like saying hi, running around or doing a planned roleplay. I love interacting with new people so I do my best to make an interesting environment for roleplays to start.

Saturday
—--------------------------------------------------

Online: 10AM-11PM

Depending on homework/Tests
May have extra-curricular activity
Sunday
—--------------------------------------------------

Online: 10AM-10PM

Mostly free
May have extra-curricular activity​

Monday
—-----------------

Online:
1:40 PM-9PM

Depends on work​
Tuesday
—-----------------

Online:

Depends on work​
Wednesday
—-----------------

Online:

Depends on work​
Thursday
—-----------------

Online:

Depends on
work​
Friday
—-----------------

Online:

Depends on extra-curricular​

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

Job- Teacher Accepted - English Teacher || YourAnxietyDemon | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
ACCEPTED

Job- Doctor Denied - DOCTOR APPLICATION | YourAnxietyDemon | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
DENIED

Job- Teacher Denied - YourAnxietyDemon's P.A Teacher Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
DENIED

Job- Priest Denied - Priest Application | YourAnxietyDemon | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
DENIED
Job- Surgeon Denied - Surgeon Application || YourAnxietyDemon | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
DENIED

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

In my almost 5 years of SRP and in more recent times I have seen more and more events or people in the reporter tag. Including a close friend who talks of it often, I have always seen the Reporter role and a line between average job factions and crime. A delicate thing that can be bent, broken or restored depending on the character and it interested me greatly how much the reporters do in regard to things like average interactions, events, quota and how it runs. I’ve heard nothing but good things from the faction being from its environment to people to reputation and even going as far as to allow crime. Well, some factions allow your character to do crimes like self-defense but some of the people within the factions have committed crimes worse. I find it fascinating about how this can be for people. Not only but when the job needs to be serious it's very interesting to see reporters interact revolving around detail rp and being serious when necessary. Not only does it help with writing skills and better them, but it gives a chance for new ideas, average involvement, and practice in creating a unique way to spread opinions. I had interacted with one reporter often; they asked me if they could interview my character for a report on crime. I said yes and expected maybe a dark room, but it was a unique experience that I enjoyed. The amount of detail and unique ways of interpreting it amazed me.

After the interview I started to interact with other reporters who gave a wonderful experience, and it became a quick interest of mine through my time being a teacher. Comparing the two there are differences which seemed unique to me, and I had started to ask questions to the reporter who wanted to interview me, and they explained bits about how it worked, what it was like, and I quite enjoyed how they spoke highly of the role. Its unique traits and what it gives. That being how the EMS gets radios, clipboards and access to documents or how teachers get a radio, their own classroom and unique choice of customizing classrooms and doing detentions. The differences in the reporter role seemed to be its own unique idea that was more separate from the other factions within its unique items, people and rules. All of this did convince me to look further into the role and its job qualities. That is how I ended up applying now. Through a lot of time interacting and my own small research I found it to be a role that might fit me perfectly. My interest in reading and writing was always left to have little to no motivation regarding getting things done but I thought this could kick me also in the habit of finishing and doing other projects not only for the job but for myself.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

I do have experience in writing. I have started writing my own lore for multiple characters while currently working on another lore and a family lore document, albeit little motivation. I have also adored my writing class from school in which I had a slightly higher than average grade in the class. I read a lot and learn from those books and use the motivation to write. My relationship with writing is a bit complex as I sometimes will have tons of motivation but not know where to start then the reverse but no motivation. This has been a small cycle to where I get some things done but with generally good to minimum effort. When I have time, I can get a project done but it does take some time and patience although I myself dislike it. I like to have a specific range of time where I write and try to accommodate those as best I can. Other than that, my relationship is fairly stable I would say as an overall with a few bumps in the road. I want to improve not only my wording and ways of explaining but also to boost my motivation for working on these projects and giving new light to old things. I feel the Reporter role can help with this in multiple ways and teach me more about writing and how to get motivation, new words and ways to explain things while having fun.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

Yes I am aware and accept that I will follow the set of rules provided.

Why should we accept you over others?:

I myself have had tons of time specifically for dedication to factions, gangs, groups and the list goes on since i was introduced by GangRP. Although not many factions may seem uneasy when the mention of GangRP comes up and it's understandable with its problems, messy situations and how it has affected normal roleplay as a whole. But this doesn’t mean I do GangRP on a regular basis as I try to learn more about normal role play scenarios and interacting with people. I'm also very friendly both oocly and icly. If there is a problem, I prefer to talk it out before staff is involved, get details and brainstorm a way to solve the issue as no one likes to argue and it doesn’t get anything done. I'm a very determined person and I try my best to give the best quality effort I can give in a single day and or night.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)

Yes I do understand this.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

Yes, I myself am very strict on deadlines. Very few times do I come close to being late but am able to give both good quality and quantity of work.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

I think the work that reporters do isn’t just to talk to people and give small news but to gather information on specific things. Not just a broad spectrum of titles but to get into details and give accurate information on what is being given, why people should continue to look into it and bring attention to it in a clear and professional manner as well as making it not a boring chore to read. Although not many people keep up with the news, its lore, people and background for what it does in the city. They are obligated to get information by a variety of means, not just interviews. Some have been kidnapped, met with the Fight Club employees, Black Market and Criminal gangs. These are the more dangerous ways of getting information for reports but there are other ways like major flooding and broadcasting that. Or the new changes in scenery with the Town Hall, Train stations and other changes as well as popular people who have gained attention for something out of the ordinary. Not only but working at the front desk for things like questions, new broadcasts for quota. Even if the job seems freer range involving physically walking around since reporters need to in order to gather accurate and specific information for their reports

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:

[!] The male fixed his dress shirt; sure his hair was messy and tied with a bow at the back along with the dress shirt’s two buttons near his chest undone and he had gloves on. But nothing else was out of the ordinary besides the stitching pattern on his eyelid to his mid cheek and the rose patterns of thread on his right hand. But he sat down quietly, an idle and gentle smile greeted the opposite person. A gentle smile greeted him as well as a single french word escaped his mouth, assumingly a ‘hello’ gesture[!]

So, lets start out with basics and then we can go to complications. That sounds alright?

Sounds great!

Now, can you just give me your full legal name

My name is Kagoshima O’Sullivan Kosuki. But most people call me Yamashi due to a nickname my brother gave me.

Interesting, interesting. Well it's nice to meet you Mr Kosuki.

[!]The gentle rustle of papers and the rolling audible pen gave the noise of writing as it glided down whatever document was being used to keep track of questions. Kagoshima thought it would be better not to peak although his curiosity ate away at him. He stayed quiet until the pen lifted from its original state of sliding and came to a stop then set down[!]

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)

[!] The opposite figure fixed their papers, lifting them then tapped them gently on the hard wood table. Kagoshima’s eyes wandered off to the window, curiously zoning out before his attention was drawn back by the voice opposite of him[!]

And what about your nickname or titles? Anything you specifically want to be called while doing your job?

[!] There was a pause before Kagoshima thought about it, answering a bit after[!]

Well, I prefer the nickname of Yamashi as it's easier than Kagoshima. But I don’t mind Kosuki or Mr Kosuki. I've been called both during my time as a teacher and it stuck.

[!] The pen was picked up, gliding quickly but softly as the noise returned. It was a soothing sound to Yamashi while he only sat and waited for another question. Folding his hands together with a small but confident smile on his face. The noise soon fell silent again[!]

Current Age (25+):

And how about your age? How old are you Kagoshima?

Well I am 26, turning 27 is October.

I see.

[!] That noise, the gliding ball within the pen went on to roll across the paper with ease. The noise only filled the room as the occasional car went by. Yamashi’s eyes once more wandered to the window, idly looking out. Letting his mind wander as he picked at the delicate thread woven into his right hand. A process to kick the habit had been put in place as he caught himself. Ushering his left limb into his pocket while he waited for another question. [!]

Past job/work experience:

[!] The papers rustling, dragging Yamashi’s eyes and attention back while he perked up, the voice spoke up as he processed the words. Taking a moment to think carefully about this[!]

So, what about past jobs or work experiences? Anything that relates to that type of thing.

[!] A paused moment went by[!]

Yes, I was a previous teacher for about a few years. I was also a cashier at Ushi No Koya. But I was fired as I had an incident happen which made me leave the island for a long time. Nothing like that has happened yet.

Degree/qualifications:

And what of your degrees or qualifications? Studies and of that sort.

[!] Another pause, he had to think for that one. It had been some time since he spoke of that but he remembered after a few moments[!]

Well I majored in Herbalism, Criminology and English. Writing mostly. I have a bachelors in Herbalism and Criminology from the University of Nantes in France. I minored in Psychology.

[!] Another sound of the gliding pen, this time glancing at it. It looked nice, the dark black paired with gold highlights made it look very nice. He thought how much it would be. Maybe 40,000? 30,000 Yen? Hard to tell. He wasn’t interested in pen collections.[!]

Nationality and born location:

And what about your nationality and where you were born. You mentioned Nantes in France.

[!]A short nod came from Yamashi[!]

Yeah, I'm half French and Half Japanese. But I was born in Nantes, France on October 3rd.

Phone Number:

030-613-6558

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

I would describe myself as a very peculiar person. I'm someone who doesn’t care much for formality unless it's necessary. I’m not as traditional as most but I'm someone who upholds reputation when given. The way I take my responsibilities is with a very hard take on it as I take it seriously but am laid back once I get the hang of things. I'm a relaxed person and laid back but that doesn’t mean I’m not serious and I will and am able to get things done when given the proper motivation or reason. I'm a very negotiable person and loyal to those who I respect.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

I'm interested in writing about the colder side of Karakura although I do love the warm side. What do I mean by the colder side? I mean the things most people stray away from. Major deaths to interviews with less than preferred people. All the way to commenting on recent events including the more violent side. I think that the cruel reality should be seen and dealt with in a proper but front-facing manner to many people of Karakura. Not only for the dangerous criminals in Karakura but the corruption that may take place. I’m interested in writing about what can make people more aware of how much goes on behind closed doors, or closed masks. Making sure they know what is going on, why and what they can do to assist themselves in keeping them safe.

I can achieve this by getting and being a viable source of information for not only myself but for the public and for my reports. This can be done by taking the bigger step to look into the information not by other people but confirming the information is true by other sources. If that requires another person then further digging will be needed in order to keep the story straight, viable and clear without disruption and or interruption to my work or task at hand. I am willing to go out of my comfort zone entirely as I am a very loyal person regarding being given any responsibility. I am willing to go over and beyond in order to make sure that I can achieve my goals, this includes spending more time than needed to get a task done.

What are your expectations for the job?:

My expectations for this job are very simple and yet slightly complex. I expect to be held to the same degree as other reporters, respect as well as believed to make quota each month. I am expecting to not be given a lighter version on any time if I am accepted. I expect to put in hard work and effort in order to receive the matching pay for that work. I expect to be entrusted with the same responsibilities as everyone else and be given the same chance as everyone else within the News Crew.

What do you think this job requires and your expectations?

[!] The small hum of Yamashi spoke out as he thought of an answer.[!]

My expectations are that I am to not only uphold my own reputation as a clear and specific source of information but also the news team as a whole. It is my responsibility to help keep the reputation up as well as my fellow reporters. I am to stay out of any trouble legally and illegally while doing my job. I am not always working but doing my best to keep my eyes and ears out for what I am sourcing my information from, making sure it is a reasonable and viable source to assist in my workings. I am to continue to keep my quota up as much as possible or the result of termination may become an option. WIth that I am expected to at the very least be cooperative with my co-workers or friends while I work. I am expected to ask for help when necessary and be able to execute reports efficiently and with good quality.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:

None

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

French, Italian, Icelandic, Japanese

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

The Meiji period of 1868-1912 was the period in which Japan returned to its formal ways of politics, religion and the downfall of the recent Shogunate as was the time as Japan started to make changes in many aspects of itself to catch up with newer and more modern ideals for its people and political perspectives. During these changes within the Meiji Restoration period in Japan, the ban of Christianity was lifted around the Island. Giving freedom to all Christian Japanese over the Island, this is where the Karakura church takes place, directly neighboring the town cemetery. Within the timeframe just about after the freedom of Christianity, the Karakura Church was built. Before this happened a man named Okimi Harada, a well-known Japanese man of Christian faith had held a sermon to his peers and others as a thanksgiving to their God. He had demanded the church be built in the town of Karakura assuming it to be an equal of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. Some people in recent days like the local Professor Alois Tullybellton. He has held multiple sermons and has people who also participate as religious figures within the church. Although it's small, the community has gained traction within the town of Karakura as more and more people have come to these sermons. This would beg the question as to how many people still use the Church for its use in Christianity.

During this time Professor Alois Tullybellton has given a lot of attention to the monument. As of recently in 2024 the church itself was rebuilt to match the growing architecture in Karakura but that's a different topic! I myself have visited during one of his many sermons and give him a lot of props for keeping this alive. Now to a better question as to how it affects the everyday person? Well after gathering some opinions there is a growing community for the church itself alongside the said Professor. The community holds Sunday Services, charities and more along what a usual church does. More will be brought to those who have questions on the church. Maybe an interview will be done regarding Alois Tullybellton and his relation with the church itself but we have sadly run out of time. Please tune in next time to the Karakura News! And if I don't see you! Good afternoon, good evening and goodnight!

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

[!] A camera panned to Yamashi as he sat at a desk, hard wood that was cleaned, a decorative plant and an officer in the corner. [!]

As per my assumption lets keep these confidential through this interview officer REDACTED.

Well that’s fine with me. Glad to help. What were your questions?

[!] The voice was distorted enough to hear words but also enough to where the voice was incomprehensibly unrecognizable [!]

Well with the first thing, regarding the time the Karakura Police Department used glocks. Had it been more expensive to order thing like ammunition, parts and pair for new recruits when they had the permission to carry such tools?

[!] A small pause was given as the voice spoke[!]

Yes, it took a toll on the Police Department immensely with having to keep up with more ammunition as crime rate went up but with so many gangs targeting the police department, we ran through bullets like it was nothing before. Of course there was the occasional handgun purchased but most were cleaned and passed down when an officer retired or quit.

[!] A visible nod was given from Yamashi [!]

I see, I know it must have. And what about lawsuits like unnecessary use of force with hand guns?
For reasons regarding privacy, I can’t give much. What I can say is, it has a little more positive effect on our officers. There have been times when someone has needed to shoot a criminal and it stays with them for a very long time.

[!] Yamashi’s hand coiled around the pen, the writing had a short phase of aggressiveness to it as he went on. His tone remains the same[!]

I'm happy to hear many of you did not have such psychological damages. Another question was, what do you think are the benefits of tranquilizers?

Me personally? It's better so we can track down more associates who link themselves to these violent crimes. Sure, killing them is a way but we want to also show that we don't have to be violent against the criminals in order to keep justice and peace relative within the community.

I can’t speak for everyone or the previous officers but there have been times when its been done. Although we have the budget now to purchase our own supply of legal gear to use in certain situations.

I see. And after the switch to Tranquilizers, was there any shift in training or requirements to use these new tools?

[!] Yamashi leaned forward to hear the response[!]

Nothing major. Since the two things are similar its less stressful when someone shoots another officer by mistake. Less scary for the public and its a lot cheaper for them to be managed.

Right. And regarding the use of the gear. Has it had any impact on the officers? I know ammunition can get heavy to carry around all day.

It has been lighter for our gear, weight wise with the less metal and more plastic setting given. It makes things a lot easier for us to move about. But not much of a change where it's noticeable.

Well that’s good to hear. And was there ever consideration before this? Long before the idea had surfaced.

Not that I’m aware of. It happened one day and was announced. They already bought a bulk for everyone and traded in their guns.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

You mind if I ask if the guns will make a return? Or in specific emergencies?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I doubt it, we continue to work for the public. That means getting all information out of criminals and stooping to their level of murder. Legal or not. I don’t think they’ll ever be issued.
________________________________________________________________________________

And have the lawsuits regarding the guns and tranquilizers lessened in the coming years?

Well, i’d say the feeling of protection is replaced with our numbers. Sure glocks did great but after the idea was pitched then we went to using numbers. Taking a page of the book. I think they help less but numbers replace that.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Last question. Do you personally like the new change?

Actually yes, it separates us from the criminals in taking lives, better for our mental health and eases the public eye. Its an all round better environment for the Police Department as a whole.

[!] End of Recording [!]

CLICK!

[OOC]
Additional Information:

I’d like to thank anyone and all who read this and like it. Also to those who read my application and determine if its good enough to be a new Reporter. I hope to be a considered part of the team.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread