Level 19
elizacinth
elizacinth
Notable
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
Donquantavious [This is an alt.]

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I do have Discord, and I also have a microphone! My username is untinseled#1312.

List your timezone and country:
PST, U.S.A.

Describe your activity:
Now that it’s Summer, I expect to be on much more often. Previously I would get on whenever I got home from school until late night, but now in the next few months I can be on since whenever I wake up. Of course, I’ll have extracurriculars and other matter to tend to, however I imagine I could be on quite often between both my main account and my alt.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
No, I do not.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-team-application-1.50577/

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I significantly enjoy writing, especially when I am free to do how I please. I understand that reports are not entirely free reign, however the premise of being able to write freely for the server in a fun way ICly interested me very much. I believe that this would be a fun experience for me as both a player and writer, and to me there is nothing more I can do to give back to the community than to write. I may not be the best writer ever, nor do I claim to be, however I enjoy the activity and find it fun as well a way to relax.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I do, yes. I’ve been writing since I was a kid, and throughout the years I have written all sorts of things: poems, essays, reports, stories. I’ve had to relay pieces of literature I’ve authored to my peers and teachers before as apart of a schoolwide event, and have been honing my skillset through advanced literature classes. Both in and out of school, I’ve had to prove myself as a writer: although it may be taxing at times, I do sincerely enjoy writing as a hobby. To me, my relationship with writing is rocky, and sometimes I find myself lacking inspiration, yet at the end of the day it feels like home, if that makes sense.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am, and I will always be willing to follow new rules if they are ever implemented.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe I should be accepted over others because I have experience. I also think I will be a benefit to the team/general community with this role through both hopefully interesting reports and being a friendly face around the server.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.):
Yes, I do.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I do trust that I will be active and meet my quota, however if I run into issues regarding this I will be sure to communicate effectively and efficiently.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I see work as a reporter as an enriching way to give back to the community. I’d imagine it to be fun, invigorating, and something to look forward to. Additionally, I see reporter work as a catalyst to learn more about the players of SRP and their characters. Whether it be checking in with star students, jocks, criminal affairs, or any other category of affairs that occur out in the streets, I would enjoy reporting and interviewing people of all groups.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:

Yakeru Takahashi.

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr):
Yakeru / Mr. Takahashi.

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
I used to be a member of my school’s creative writing club. Additionally, I picked up an internship at a local news station in which I observed and learned from qualified reporters how to give a proper report.

Degree/qualifications:
I received my BA in Communication.

Nationality and born location:
Japanese: born in Sendai, Japan.

Phone Number:
030-812-3255.

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I would describe myself as someone who is unafraid to act. I am no bystander in any regard, and will do anything necessary in order to get a successful report. Despite this, however, I am not brash nor am I loud: in fact, I would consider myself as quite the opposite. I am quiet in public spaces as well as in private, and often prefer to observe than to add to chaos. However, for the sake of an article, I will gladly become assertive and more loud-spoken. I will gladly step out of my comfort zone for my work, although I do believe in a strict code of ethics.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I am interested in writing about anything, truly. My interests span widely across all sorts of topics, and I would quite honestly be alright with writing about whatever may need to be written. I will achieve this through arranging interviews and other forms of communication between myself and the subjects of my writing. I will be sure to communicate effectively with whomever I may be speaking with, and ensure that in the end I will be able to get the article I wish to get. Additionally, yes, I entirely would consider exiting my ‘comfort zone’. I am a person who will not allow my own mental boundaries to keep me from achieving what I see as the end goal.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I expect a steadily-paced job that will be easy for me to adapt to. I see the job as being a fun challenge in some aspects, as well a a sort of almost gauge of how far I have come as a writer. Back in my days as an intern at the news station, I got a taste for what life as a reporter may be like, and I found that I enjoyed the pacing of it especially. I am also expecting an occupation in which I can feel as though my voice would be heard, as well as a job that would not feel like a chore, but moreso something fun.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No, I do not.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese.

PROMPTS:

#1 - General report : ConGRADulations Class of '22!

Greetings, people of Karakura. This is Yakeru Takahashi, and today I will be reporting on the recent graduation ceremonies that took place. For both hopeful high-school and college students, waiting for the results of the May 21st exams was surely unbearable. However, earlier today, June 5th, the grades were finally announced, and 80 total pupils were able to enter college. Additionally, 22 students were able to graduate from college and enter adulthood. A large congratulations to those whom were able to graduate, and to those who weren't, there are always brighter opportunities ahead of you. The next upcoming exams may just prove to be your time to shine!

I was able to speak to a few lucky students, one of them being now-college freshman Reid Monet. She expressed great happiness for being able to graduate, as it would lead in her following the footsteps of her brother, Asher. The young adult looks forward especially to attending new classes not previously offered to her. I wish Reid and all of the 2022 class a bright future with many opportunities.

Again, this was Yakeru Takahashi, and this was a recollection of the school-related event of this past week.

#2 - Interview : The Importance of Pride Month, ft. Singer-Songwriter Valentine Cha

Greetings, people of Karakura. This is Yakeru Takahashi, and today I will be reporting an interview I managed to hold regarding Pride month. As many may know, the month of June is celebrated nationally as a month for members of the LGBTQ+ community to bond together and celebrate their identities. Today, I was able to speak with Valentine Cha on what the month meant to him.

YT: Good morning, Mr. Cha. May you introduce yourself for all who may be listening at home today?

VC: Hello, Mr. Takahashi! My name is Valentine Cha, I'm 20 years old and use he/him pronouns.
YT: Thank you. To clarify, this interview will be on the significance of what 'Pride' means to many LGBTQ+ individuals around the world and how it affects people on a personal level. In order to commence this report, I would like to ask: what exactly does this month mean to you?

VC: Hmmmm, well, it means a whole lot, really! As you see, I'm a gay man and so obviously I'm going to really appreciate this month for how much it makes other people of my community feel seen. I really enjoy seeing all the pride flags go up as well as the new rainbow-painted roads by the shopping district. It is small gestures such as these that show fellow LGBTQ+ people that like... you know, we aren't alone! There are plenty of people just like us around the world, around the town, and we're surrounded by allies, as well. It holds a lot of significance because it shows how the world is moving forward in terms of acceptance and such.

YT: Ah, it is refreshing to hear of how such a period of time could hold such a heavy impact on you as a person. I am glad you feel safe to express yourself entirely unhidden, and show yourself out to the world. If I may ask, how did you find this courage to not feel like you must hide your sexuality away from others?

VC: Well. . . of course, it took a while, haha! I was never this. . . erm. . . I don't know how to describe it, but. . . I was never this 'out there' back when I was younger. I suppose it was only really after I became a singer. My music was a way for me to express myself, and I realized I'd never be able to express myself if it weren't for exposing such a private part of who I was. You could say I was in the closet for a long time. . . either that or denial, hah. Sexuality is still a stigma for a lot of households around the world, you see, and so it wasn't really internalized homophobia, but rather. . . a sort of apprehension, if that makes sense?

YT: Yes, that is very understandable. Both social pressure and a fear of judgement from peers are very heavy factors in deciding how we live our lives, sadly. It is truly remarkable, however, how you stepped up and took pride in who you are. Would you perhaps have any sort of advice to the general public who may be struggling with issues regarding their sexual orientation or other general identity?

VC: It's different for everyone, really, and I can't exactly just say "OH, COME OUT AS GAY EVERYWHERE!" since it's a really scary thing to do. . . but, I guess I'd say. . . look for the people in your life who don't care what kind of people you like. Whether you like people of your own gender, people of the opposite gender, people of no gender, or even, just. . . if you don't like people at all, find your friends who don't give a [OBSCENITY] and keep them around. Anyone else can gladly take their [OBSCENITY] and walk out of your life. Oh, erm. . . am I allowed to cuss?

YT: No worries, it will likely just be censored later. In my opinion, it adds more to the emotional impact behind your words. I suppose adding onto that, would you perhaps have anything to say to those who may be trapped in unsafe or unwelcoming environments?

VC: As Timon once said. . . "If the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world." Haha, to be serious, though. . . I'm afraid it really depends on the situation. I think a sort of universal piece of advice I can give, however, is to never EVER turn away from your identity. Of course, it is fine to question your sexuality: it's natural and comes with living, but don't force yourself into thinking you're something that you aren't. People are cruel and awful but know you are a fighter and that you're stronger than anything they could throw at you. Finally, I suppose I'd say. . . you're not alone. You're never alone at all, and if you think you are, think of me. I'll always have your back. I want to be a friend to anyone who needs one, and I hope you can find some relief in that.

YT: Thank you sincerely for your thoughtful comments. I am sure there are some people who needed to hear that today. Now, you mentioned that you would like to be a friend to anyone who may need one, correct? Can I ask if this is conveyed through your music, which often contains themes of crisis, loneliness, and seclusion?

VC: You could say so, yes. I write my songs based off of my own personal experiences, which I think a lot of people can relate to. I also try writing lyrics through the perspective of the younger me. . . of how a younger Valentine would see things. I wish for my music to reach out for the people who need to hear it, almost serving as a sorta "Hey, you're not alone." sorta thing. I wish for people to feel less lonely, less isolated, and less desolate when they hear my songs, and I think sometimes it just helps to hear messages accompanied by a melody of some sort.

YT: I see. Thank you for that, I know I personally have listened to a few of your songs previously. I believe that especially for the younger generations, it does, indeed, give them a chance of hope when things may seem dark for them. Do you yourself have any inspirations while composing or songwriting?

VC: Yes, I do. My family, really. . . and my friends! Some of them have stories like mine, and others have entirely different ones. I think it's nice getting to see things from the perspective of so many people and such. . . they're all really inspirational because we all have our own stories, like I said, and I wanna spread as much as I can to try and reach as many people. I also find inspiration through just every day to day interactions. Oh! Sometimes, my listeners like to send in their own tales, and occasionally I'll write them into my songs. . .

YT: I think it's a beautiful thing that you do, writing in real people's stories like that. We're reaching the end of our time together, and I'd like to ask. . . is there anything you may regret regarding the topic of sexuality and such?

VC: Oh. . . I'm not gonna lie, I'm not suuuper sure how to answer this, hahaha! But. . . I guess something I regret is not being more truthful to myself earlier. As I said earlier, I was in denial for a good bit and only REEEEALLY showed off who I am to the world later. I wish I could have gone back and done it sooner, rather than be scared of how the people around me would react, 'cause they were all super supportive!

YT: That's lovely. . . I am glad they were all supportive. Is there a specific person who comes to mind when you think of your coming out story or just general people who've supported you every step of the way?
VC: My mother, definitely. She knew I was gay before I knew I was gay. . . and was supportive ever since I came out. She's taken me to pride festivals, bought me all the sort of rainbow-themed decor I could dream of, and never once failed to show me her love and affection. I owe a lot to her that I can't even begin to repay. . . and I hope she knows how much she and her support means to me.

YT: Supportive parents are always the best. I suppose circling back to the original topic, Pride month, how do you feel that the celebration of 'Pride' has affected you on an individual level? You've explained what it meant to you, so I was wondering how you think it's affected you thus far.
VC: Without this celebration of being gay, being oneself, I don't think I would have been able to have the courage to start writing and releasing music. I still remember my first ever parade, back in my hometown. Seeing all the smiles, the hugs, the tears- all of it, captured in a beautiful rainbow lens, it really touched me and it was only then that the true meaning of identity and sexuality dawned on me. Sexuality is not just a label you slap on someone, it's an essential part of who someone is and to take that away is cruel and unjust.

YT: The parades. . . I used to visit them when I was younger and lived out of town. Perhaps we could've seen each other at one before without knowing. [LAUGHTER] Ah, thank you for your time today, Mr. Cha. To close off. . . how do you imagine Pride to be in the future?
VC: Mmmmn. . . I see it in my head as an even more widely celebrated thing. It's unrealistic to imagine homophobia and other hatred as being entirely erased, however. . . I could see LGBTQ+ identities as being more widely accepted. I see smiling faces of all races, genders, backgrounds. . . and most importantly I see a community brought together. I can imagine all different people coming together to celebrate one thing they share in common, and. . . I see a huge celebration of life. Life of all kinds, of all walks. . . and I hope to be able to see that reality one day.

[OOC]
Additional Information:
N/A.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application so that I can set up your roles!

Users who are viewing this thread