Notable
What is your in-game-name (IGN)?:
EXTENDODRUM

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
NIKO#9715 | I have a working mic

List your timezone and country:
EST | United States

Describe your activity:
Writing and roleplaying. I have a vast variety of character types, often giving me chances to write different OC stories and backgrounds as well as playing them. I'm often playing my green-haired character 'Tsugi' Etsuji, if not then I'm on another account mainly. If I'm not writing or roleplay then I'm probably building, for fun and past time I'll go on the creative server and build apartments, small-scale furniture, to even miniature towns. I went on hiatus for about a month but now I'm back and a lot more active.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I have 2 bans;

- RAIDING AN RPH DISCORD SERVER & AFFILIATION WITH BYPASSERS | March of 2021
- ASSISTING IN BYPASSING A BAN | Happened May of 2021, ban was in I wanna say November of 2021

Link any major applications (e.g Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
REPORTER APP x1 | ACCEPTED
REPORTER APP

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I was a reporter when Sun led the faction back in September, I miss being in the faction and now I that I'm more active on the server I'll shoot my shot at writing an application. I also think currently more diversity of news reports and reporters is needed. Having my character as reporter would do just that. A variety of true crime mixed with light-hearted stories. Before I never really was that active on my reporter account and was not able to do much besides write three reports, I'd like to change that this time around. As stated before in my old application, bringing a VICE News kind of feeling to Karakura would add some sort of intensity and interest in the news business and individual stories surrounding it.

Do you have any past experience with writing?
I write character and gang backstories for fun! Whenever I'm bored I'll be often researching a new gang idea to write about, or a cult or religion. Writing is one of my side hobbies. I do have experience in the faction already since I was a reporter few months ago as Akifumi Mitsuhira. I've been interested in true crime and journalism since I was a little kid, I also take journalism and creative writing classes at my school.

What is your relationship with writing?:
I love it, it's always been my favorite subject since I was a kid. I never really minded writing and journalism since you got to write about what you were passionate about with no limitations. Even now that I'm older my opinion on the subject never changed.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I can vouch since I didn't break any when I was reporter before.

Why should we accept you over others?:
Experience and reliability. I've been writing most of my life and I've taught myself how to make my writing sound interesting. I'm able to lure people in and get people interested when I write, same as when I was reporter before. I can get things done, sometimes I'll be busy but if I have the motivation I can grind out reports. Before I wasn't as active and didn't have the time to write every week, but now I'll be able to.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Depends on the month, I'm confident that I'll be able to reach the quota other than that. If I do have plans for a week or I know I won't be able to reach the quota then I'll be sure to let you or a senior reporter know.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Lots and lots, of research. Most of what reporters do is similar to that of a detective or private investigator. Looking for clues and stories to build up one big report to summarise it all. In real life, a full-scale report can take up to two weeks, 80% of it being out in the open looking for evidence and facts to back up your report. The other 20% is writing, most of it being edited once done. Being a reporter sometimes requires to get your hands dirty, depending on what you're writing and passionate about.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:
Iwata Shojiro

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g Ms, Mr)
Mister | he/him

Current Age (25+):
28 Years Old

Past job/work experience:
I've had a number of jobs including journalism in the past. Listed in order of oldest to newest:

- FREELANCE CRIME JOURNALIST (KYOTO & YOKOHAMA)
- PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR (KYOTO)
- INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST FOR TV TOKYO (TOKYO)

Degree/qualifications:
I attended Yokohama National University and got a bachelor's degree in journalism as well as creative writing in 2013.

Nationality and born location:
I am Yamato-Japanese and was born in Kyoto, Japan.

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
Monotone. I've been told by many people, even my sister. .Oto- that I lack empathy. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, I'd assume bad. I guess you could say I'm stubborn. . maybe ambitious? My mom called me that a lot. I just like to get stuff done, I have that worker mentality. Oh-- and I hate loud noises.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I'm interested in writing about crime, I doubt I'd do good in a cheerful setting as I've been writing about un-cheerful stuff my entire life. Crime interests me, but I wouldn't mind stepping out of my comfort zone if needed. I'll try my best.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I don't have any big expectations for the job, I just hope nothing goes South. I know what to do, mostly.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
My criminal record is blank.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese and French​

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
ACCEPTED
> Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM mimbs#3801 if you have any queries about the application

Your role will be set up in the discord and I'll shoot you a DM regarding the position soon!

Users who are viewing this thread