mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

RP Oriented vs. Permissions Oriented [GangRP]

wethecreature

Level 97
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
Roleplay Oriented Gangroleplayers vs. Permissions Oriented Gangroleplayers (and how to to avoid them)

Terms:

GangRPer - Someone who gangrps.
FearRP - To roleplay fear.
Rushing - Rushing into a situation or a room, sometimes interrupting roleplay.
Perms - Permission to enact a range of things on a character.
Majors - Limb removal, major bone-breaking
Minors - Knock out, minor bone breaking

KPS - Permission to kill a character (consented)

Roleplay Oriented Gangroleplayers:
Gang members who are here to RP and build storylines! They usually go along with things and they aren't always talking about the perms they have. For example, they would be okay with some wild RP idea because it will add to the storyline, even if it is at the expense of their character or gang.

Permissions Oriented Gangroleplayers:
Gang members are here to fight and destroy people's characters. A lot of the time their characters are hulking, Russian, hot men who have no fear. Or they are just super strong. They are always talking about perms and are only interested in getting those delicious perms. Perms are drugs to them.

What is better?
In my opinion, Roleplay Oriented GangRP is better. First off, it's a roleplay server, so roleplay should come first. Storylines are more fun than just getting attacked every step you take. Motives are cool!

How to Avoid Permissions Oriented Gangroleplayers:
Want to get back to the RP and stop arguing over unimportant perms? Make a ticket and get all this perms over with. Start ignoring them! Or maybe just roleplay with them, forcing them to roleplay back (and putting you as the person in power, leading the interaction). If you see these people in the wild disturbing the forces of natural RP, get rid of them! Send them to the shadow realm! Exile them! Banish them!

Arguing about permissions? Use CTRL + F on the rules page and search the related term and you can find any rule with that term in it.

EXAMPLES
Thank you @FuzzyChinchilla for participating in these examples.

Bad:
1705186458170.png

Good:
1705186658825.png

Bad:
1705187089478.png

Good:

1705187541033.png

I was salty about other gangrpers so I made a guide to vent. Hopefully this helps someone though!

tayfun

Level 67
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
Gang members are here to fight and destroy people's characters. A lot of the time their characters are hulking, Russian, hot men who have no fear. Or they are just super strong. They are always talking about perms and are only interested in getting those delicious perms. Perms are drugs to them.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
ive never agreed with ao thread about gangRP before. this is amazing good job!

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
1705229148895.png

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
Before we begin I'd like to say I do not gang-roleplay anymore, I have quit that and I'm just stating my thoughts on some parts of this.​

Bad:
1705186458170.png

Good:
1705186658825.png

Alright so, to be fair the "bad" example is untrue. First of all from what I see there's only one person so we will call them crime-roleplayers or crimerpers to be exact. That threat in the first part would give them minor assault permissions due to threatening until the Permission section on https://schoolrp.net/rules/#post-145307. But no gang-roleplayer would do /me attacks, seeing as these are pre-made examples I would prefer if you made them more legit or had spare evidence regarding situations like the bad example here because your making this because of gang-roleplayers you encountered the other day and I was there the entire situation.

9.2 When minorly assaulting someone, the full extent of your assault must either be knocking someone out or breaking one bones. You may only use weapons that can knock out for minor permissions. Below are examples of in-character motives for minor assault.

9.2a Threats: When threatened by a group/individual, making claims that they will kill you or negatively impact a member of your gang/family, you are permitted to minorly assault them.

Arguing about permissions? Use CTRL + F on the rules page and search the related term and you can find any rule with that term in it.
First of all not every crime-roleplay situation can be seen, noted and written down. Permissions can be obtain through a numerous amount of ways and some people may mislead into giving people permissions, this has happened to me before. People thought they had permissions on me, but they didn't because I didn't threatened them I asked them a question and they took it the other way.
1705239531685.png
I made a suggestion in KC crime a bit back regarding IC motive. Later to be told "A motive is unique to ones character" so they can't really num everything down because its your own character. And the only time I've seen people unserious-roleplay like "/me attacks" is with their own gang members or people they know well enough to consider friends. And I understand the situation from yesterday you were made about but that was not your fault. Someone chose to get their family involved and there was not any fail-roleplay that emitted. I can understand this situation and how you would be enraged by it and there was back and forth about permissions and it ruined an event you had planned. My suggestion is trying to get a staff member to watch over the event to see if anything happens next time.​
Bad:
1705187089478.png

Good:

1705187541033.png
If I remember from yesterday your character had oil placed around an alter was threatening to burn it. Not staff were there at all and you excepted gang-roleplayers to fear-roleplay it. Now, if I remember correctly under rule 8.8 in combat-roleplay it is stated you cannot make weaponry out of diy stuff, but this was not weaponry. If so, then the acid and stuff used against the character officer known as Tokito which was killed by Bonten would not be allowed. But that was toward a character, oil and fire is targeted to the surroundings so I'd say it would count as diy weapon.

8.8 You cannot create “DIY weapons” such as flamethrowers made from water guns or molotovs/sharp blades from beer bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread