Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
First off thanks for the honest reply!! Without this we'd be unable to address the ups and downs of suggestions, so dw big man

While it is true that factions are a more in-game thing with more restrictions put in place, Tailoring servers are still part of the network and are owned by the Owners (hence why the bot and KimiNoUso have the highest roles in those servers). Blacklists don't happen all that often as far as I'm aware; It would be as common as any other report for skin stealing, except it'd be handled in a discord server instead of in DMs.

As far as I know, this would only apply to the official tailoring discord servers, and I believe there are only like 4-5 of them at the moment (probably more, but there shouldn't be all that many active ones.). Determining if a skin has been stolen or not shouldn't take all that much time, either. It's a matter of looking into the evidence that the tailoring higher-ups provide and seeing if it's stolen or not.

The issue at hand is that there have been several instances where players have been unfairly blacklisted from these servers, so it isn't just one or two isolated cases. I'll refer to the first point as well; blacklists to a service that so many people use in SRP should probably be overviewed by staff members. If this isn't feasible, an alternative would be to have all staff members given access to a channel where tailor higher-ups log their blacklists so that they can properly look into it and check if the blacklist is valid or not.

To sum up
- Take this idea and have staff members verify each blacklist so they can take actions against them in game
OR
- If it's not feasible, give staff members access to tailor blacklist logs so they can look at them if the person decides to report this instance
I suppose this does make more sense explained like this especially taking into account the frequency of blacklists on the server and having it only apply to the official servers would ease things, I was under the assumption you were referring this system to ALL tailoring discord servers which is why I initially brought up staff strain as a point

I can opt for a staff member's access to all channels which they SHOULD have anyway regardless, and having a channel with the proof as it will keep the freedom of being able to blacklist but also give staff members that option to dispute it with the service if it is unreasonable as that was my main concern, the time sensitive scenarios of some blacklists

prolonging

Level 1
+1/-1

I can understand the frustrations of getting blacklisted from servers without warning or for a reason that isn't substantiated. But at the end of the day, you can always go to another server or tailor where you aren't blacklisted to get a skin or if you have a friend that tailors, ask them. Biasness unfortunately exists and you will always come across it, no matter what rules or measures you put in.

However, I feel everyone has the right to question the blacklist, especially if there isn't any evidence of what you are being blacklisted for or if you feel its unreasonable. If you feel staff need to get involved, then report it.

Getting staff involved does not do anything, I reported being blacklisted and got hit with the “Tailoring discord punishments aren’t given by staff so we can’t do anything, just make an alt and order/bid.” Staff also mentioned to me that it isn’t their issue/the blacklists aren’t to do with them. I feel like Yonio’s suggestion is a good one at the least, if someone has a blacklist that they feel is unjustified, they should take it to staff if this gets implemented into the official tailoring servers that are in the SchoolRP official discord - that makes sense.

Adding onto Yonio’s suggestion, I feel that there should be 2-3 strikes given and notified to the player before blacklisting. There have been many instances where people have not been notified prior to being blacklisted which is honestly unfair.

Depending on the severity on what the player has done, then it should be an automatic blacklist e.g, skin stealing. But, if it’s deleting bids/cancelling orders, that seems unfair, especially if they explain why they cancelled or deleted a bid. I get its annoying but if they privately DM the auctioner/tailor on why they did it, then it should be fine. Example; they don’t have enough money due to paying their rent in-game.

However, if the player has NOT been given strikes/warnings before in DMs and just hit with the blacklist straight away, then that’s unjustified as they didn’t know they were warned prior.

Last edited:

5SHU

Level 101
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
Getting staff involved does not do anything, I reported being blacklisted and got hit with the “Tailoring discord punishments aren’t given by staff so we can’t do anything, just make an alt and order/bid.” Staff also mentioned to me that it isn’t their issue/the blacklists aren’t to do with them. I feel like Yonio’s suggestion is a good one at the least, if someone has a blacklist that they feel is unjustified, they should take it to staff if this gets implemented into the official tailoring servers that are in the SchoolRP official discord - that makes sense.

Adding onto Yonio’s suggestion, I feel that there should be 2-3 strikes given and notified to the player before blacklisting. There have been many instances where people have not been notified prior to being blacklisted which is honestly unfair.

Depending on the severity on what the player has done, then it should be an automatic blacklist e.g, skin stealing. But, if it’s deleting bids/cancelling orders, that seems unfair, especially if they explain why they cancelled or deleted a bid. I get its annoying but if they privately DM the auctioner/tailor on why they did it, then it should be fine. Example; they don’t have enough money due to paying their rent in-game.

However, if the player has NOT been given strikes/warnings before in DMs and just hit with the blacklist straight away, then that’s unjustified as they didn’t know they were warned prior.
Real shit, let us know like 2-3 strikes, like seriously. Unblacklist me guys, with no proof or anything im straight out blacklisted from 3 servers.

5SHU

Level 101
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
+1/-1

I can understand the frustrations of getting blacklisted from servers without warning or for a reason that isn't substantiated. But at the end of the day, you can always go to another server or tailor where you aren't blacklisted to get a skin or if you have a friend that tailors, ask them. Biasness unfortunately exists and you will always come across it, no matter what rules or measures you put in.

However, I feel everyone has the right to question the blacklist, especially if there isn't any evidence of what you are being blacklisted for or if you feel its unreasonable. If you feel staff need to get involved, then report it.
Funny to you, but once I get blacklisted from one server the tailors say shit about us/me and then we get blacklisted from that server so it's an un ending server or shame. Unbelievable, HONESTLY.

-kam

Level 77
neutral. its an individuals tailoring server that they have complete ownership of. i dont think mods should restrict who they blacklist as its not their issue. i think that if it does go through with this, we should introduce a warning or strike system instead otherwise people will just get blacklisted without warning. either way skin sharing is generally fine in my opinion as long as you give credit to the tailor that made it. as well as this SRPs shading style is not broad at all and is very much a collection of like two styles.

Iris.fi

Level 33
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
+1 IF those blacklist would apply to the tailoring server-wide blacklists OR blacklists made by individual tailors working on those servers that have blacklisted someone for a stupid reason, such as "copying shading" bc we all know that doesnt exist

Unfortunately, if this blacklist wouldn't allow the tailors working for those servers to blacklist ppl from their own profile, i'd be against it!! it can be very difficult to prove or give a reason in situations like these, & i think the schoolrp staff should NOT have a say in it

TLDR; server-wide blacklists ran thru staff = good i say +1
the server's individual tailor's blacklists having to run thru staff = bad i say -1

EDIT adding onto this, I think the blacklisting system should entirely be for the individual tailors to choose for their specific profiles instead of the entire server, unless we're talking about auc bidding blacklists

Last edited:

horrorabbit

Level 11
horrorabbit
horrorabbit
Omega+
The process of staff members sorting through these reports manually seems inefficient. They already have many applications, suggestions, and complaints to sort through without this being added. Even then, what would it change? Without this system, tailors will still be able to deny people regardless, and it's likely they will if they accuse that person of stealing a skin they made.

Another point, just because staff are involved in blacklisting doesn't ensure fairness, they're perfectly able to be biased like anyone else. Without clear rules, staff could make subjective judgments about skin copying.

As a tailor, I'd rather not have to go through the act of getting approval from a staff member. With how things are now, considering the forum and my experience messaging staff for help, they take a long time to respond. 3-5 days if I'm lucky, and that's not to shame them. They're real people with real lives and other things to do and there's a lot to sort through on SRP as moderation. Not only that but being blacklisted from a certain tailors services or a discord isn't the end of the world. There are SO many tailors and tailor discord servers on SRP, getting blacklisted on one won't hurt that person.

Instead of adding all these unnecessary restrictions and even more work for the staff members, I'd much rather be able to take it up with that person myself and then blacklist them instead of protecting the people who are stealing, refusing to pay, being rude, etc by having to go through staff just to blacklist them. It should be the tailor's call, not the staff's. If that tailor wanted them in trouble with staff as well for repeated offenses or whatever they could send over screenshots of the situation to staff.

Also, I feel like there should be a section in the rules for tailoring...

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
The process of staff members sorting through these reports manually seems inefficient. They already have many applications, suggestions, and complaints to sort through without this being added. Even then, what would it change? Without this system, tailors will still be able to deny people regardless, and it's likely they will if they accuse that person of stealing a skin they made.

Another point, just because staff are involved in blacklisting doesn't ensure fairness, they're perfectly able to be biased like anyone else. Without clear rules, staff could make subjective judgments about skin copying.

As a tailor, I'd rather not have to go through the act of getting approval from a staff member. With how things are now, considering the forum and my experience messaging staff for help, they take a long time to respond. 3-5 days if I'm lucky, and that's not to shame them. They're real people with real lives and other things to do and there's a lot to sort through on SRP as moderation. Not only that but being blacklisted from a certain tailors services or a discord isn't the end of the world. There are SO many tailors and tailor discord servers on SRP, getting blacklisted on one won't hurt that person.

Instead of adding all these unnecessary restrictions and even more work for the staff members, I'd much rather be able to take it up with that person myself and then blacklist them instead of protecting the people who are stealing, refusing to pay, being rude, etc by having to go through staff just to blacklist them. It should be the tailor's call, not the staff's. If that tailor wanted them in trouble with staff as well for repeated offenses or whatever they could send over screenshots of the situation to staff.

Also, I feel like there should be a section in the rules for tailoring...
I can 100% assure you that staff are not biased in any capacity. They would not be staff defending the community if they were biased in their decision making. The whole point of this is to prevent biasness between the tailoring discords. Staff being involved does in fact ensure fairness to the highest degree. And it is efficient because they’re doing their job protecting the community from unfairness.

That said, we all know these unfair server blacklists spread like the plague throughout all the verified tailoring discords. Upon being blacklisted rumors will spread and tailors will lose any and all reputation they had over something that isn’t even against the rules, such as “shading stealing” (that’s not real).

Staff also wont have a say in who gets to be blacklisted from individual tailors themselves. Tailors will always reserve the right to deny requests they don’t want to do. The problem here lies within full on server blacklisted for absolutely no good reason.

One can say “there’s other tailoring discords”, however I think we both know that some tailoring discords are more lucrative than others, and this rule only applies to discords that are owned by school roleplay. Players seem to forget this fact as well.

This suggestion was made because players have proven that they cannot be trusted with handling the very reputation of tailors who are trying to create names for themselves. It’s not fair in the slightest to be blacklisting people for the absolutely smallest and most irrelevant reasons such as “shading stealing”, “palette stealing”, or incredibly minuscule things like deleting bids off an auction.

I hope that sheds some light on where we’re all coming from :D

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
+1 IF those blacklist would apply to the tailoring server-wide blacklists OR blacklists made by individual tailors working on those servers that have blacklisted someone for a stupid reason, such as "copying shading" bc we all know that doesnt exist

Unfortunately, if this blacklist wouldn't allow the tailors working for those servers to blacklist ppl from their own profile, i'd be against it!! it can be very difficult to prove or give a reason in situations like these, & i think the schoolrp staff should NOT have a say in it

TLDR; server-wide blacklists ran thru staff = good i say +1
the server's individual tailor's blacklists having to run thru staff = bad i say -1

EDIT adding onto this, I think the blacklisting system should entirely be for the individual tailors to choose for their specific profiles instead of the entire server, unless we're talking about auc bidding blacklists
this is the take i was looking for. hard agree on this, individual tailors/artists should 100% reserve the right to blacklist people or deny commissions if they don't feel comfortable. y'all forget that you cannot force art.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
this is the take i was looking for. hard agree on this, individual tailors/artists should 100% reserve the right to blacklist people or deny commissions if they don't feel comfortable. y'all forget that you cannot force art.
This would still be a thing. This rule will only apply to server wide blacklists

Users who are viewing this thread