players online

rvbybaby's suggestion

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
This thread is getting spicy with everyone popping off. But ye +1

don’t see what the huge deal is with disallowing co-op/male cheerlead teams or a female jock team. If you guys are afraid the female jocks will be more popular than yall then just say that! (Ofc a joke). The concern with jockrp featuring combatrp, I hope you guys don’t forget there’s two different sides with bobcats and Spartans. If Spartans wanted to prank or beat up the female football bobcats or however you would word that, then they just send female Spartan team over to do that and vice versa. If you’re concerned about females not playing the part of a tough arrogant jock who wants to belittle the regular students, (no offense to who I’m about to mention) but from what I witness, hear, and meet, the cheerleaders do about the same type with their cliche attitude towards the students. Not saying all of them do but based on personal experiences that’s what I conclude and I have nothing against how people want to roleplay. So essentially the excuse of a female not knowing how to do jockrp and the concerns with combatrp is already situated as I said or possibly with an even better way.

Laur

Level 39
+1

Disregarding everyone else’s -1 comments, I think this is a good idea. Having to play a character of the opposite gender can be difficult or easy for anyone, but they could be the best football player on SRP. With this being said, females are also able to JockRP and it doesn’t mean they cannot CombatRP either. Some females are very girly, masculine, or both, same goes for males. Teams shouldn’t be based on gender, as long as they enjoy playing the sport.

As for cheerleading, many males could also feel uncomfortable with playing a female character or don’t know how to and should be able to play whatever gender they would like. Though sports may have been made for specific genders in the past, we aren’t living in those times anymore obviously. Cheerleading is a sport for all genders, if you’re a male who isn’t into cheerleading then don’t become one. Who says females cannot act like jocks ICly or OOCly? I know plenty of females who will fit the jock role quite nicely and it wouldn’t change a thing if their character were a male.

As YonioTheNacho said, most teams wouldn’t have females on a team that mostly consists of males, but it is still definitely a possibility. Silver also said that people will go a bit crazy on Touko if a female gets hit, it may be true but if it happens once people most likely wouldn’t react the same and females can combatrp as well. Seeing and knowing a lot of female gangrpers, Touko doesn’t go crazy over that. It may be different once they’re on a sports team, but it’s just drama overall and Touko would still post about a jock getting knocked out or a cheerleader’s life getting threatened with a weapon.

Thank you for reading if you did and I hope no one takes this comment/opinion personally or negatively.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
An important thing in football is being able to jockrp and sadly combatrp comes with jockrp, if any male were to hit a female on srp while being on a official sports team touko and the entire server would flip out. now you can 100% join the football team and have a character that isnt 100% male (I.E Trans men) we welcome that! but you do have to identify as a male.
I agree with you on this, it’s just way easier if the teams were set to just boys in football and just girls in cheer, it just makes things WAY easier. I’m not saying that ain’t don’t agree with this whole suggestion, I just think it makes WAY more sense ICly if we kept it how it was. Being a cheerleader is basically being a female-jock if you think about it. And with what Silver said, that’s true, if a girl got involved in combatrp with a boy, it would most likely be classified as “illegal”. And even I know that JockRP requires at least a bit of combatrp. Bobcats VS Spartans are meant to be the main thing on SRP. If anything, there should be seperate football teams if you really want this.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
1+/N/A
Now that you mention it, I agree. I do think that it should be based on complete skill rather than gender but a lot of people disagree due to the fact that you don't really see teams with both female and male. In my own opinion, and correct me if I'm wrong with how I thought you meant this, the teams should still be only female/male ALTHOUGH they could change it up a bit. Maybe if they were to make a male cheerleaders team for example. Either way, I'm completely on your side with this one.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
If you want to be in the ft team so badly just make a male character (p.s nobody is stopping you), there really shouldn't be so much debate over a roleplay server.

michelle <3

Level 6
mychellee
mychellee
Notable
If you want to be in the ft team so badly just make a male character (p.s nobody is stopping you), there really shouldn't be so much debate over a roleplay server.
My whole entire point of making this suggestion is that it may be more suitable and comfortable with some males roleplaying as masculine characters, instead of roleplaying as a feminine character, same thing goes for females.

Laur

Level 39
After further consideration, I like the idea of this thread but I do not believe it will be added/put into action because I don’t think there any enough players willing to make separate male and female cheerleading/football teams.

In other words, having one male while the rest of the entire team is females seems a bit out of place considering that all the other teams have an even amount of female to male members, or one gender for the entire team. Though if this feedback thread gets accepted, I happily support it either way.

BonBons

Level 30
+1

Understanding that we are all in the year 2021, where our differences and gender should not benefit or matter in most situations, I believe allowing female members and male members on both the Football and Cheerleading team should be acceptable.

Reasons to why this should be accepted:
- This does not affect nor make any disadvantage in RolePlay situations
- Will bring all genders closer together creating more bonding scenarios
- It is just plain unfair to tell someone they can not join a team because of their gender.
- Japan has Female Football Teams.

I must add on that I have been living in Japan my whole life, where in my school there was an ALL GIRLS soccer team. So if you need any proof that Japan does indeed support women’s Soccer/Football, I can provide and support sufficient evidence.

If anyone would like to say “I’ve only seen male Football teams in Japan” I can easily go against this with my own personal knowledge on living in Japan.

Seeing that SchoolRP is a community that strives to include everyone, gender should not have to be an issue regarding joining teams in a game. If anyone has an issue regarding women joining their team, then it is not hard to create an all girls football team.

Once again, I must remind you that allowing Females and Males on both the Cheerleading and Football team creates no disadvantage to RolePlaying situations whatsoever. At the end of the day, it’s just allowing more members onto a team, and will even create both teams to be more active on the server.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
Can we just clarify that we're saying to not allow girls and guys to be on the SAME team either football or cheer? I don't mind an ALL GIRLS football team or an ALL GUYS cheer team but I don't think teams should be a mixed team (i.e. Girls and Guys together on the football team/cheer team). I feel like everyone is missing this point

Jimbo

Level 0
The male football team is just scared cause they think that if there was a female football team, they would be better

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
I will take it to 2 different cases, the cheerleaders and the football team
like basketball, I guess football needs to have 2 teams: female and male like if I look irl they are not mixed but yeah, it's still a thing.
but cheerleader I believe it doesn't matter if it's mixed as I saw for example the pictures Xan added

Edit: even japan has a female team. .

Demurity

Level 35
Co-ed cheer is very much a thing. Regarding football, it's evident that other ball sports excluding baseball have both male and female teams (basketball, volleyball) and I personally think the server has enough of a willing player base to be capable of forming a female football team. Co-ed cheer is incredibly logical and doable on the other hand, though.

I think a lot of people in regards to some of the statements I saw a few cards up agree that this argument was never just 'no co-ed teams' it was 'female football and male cheerleaders don't make sense' until it was proven it made sense and now there's a debate for a split or not (don't backpedal on your statements). Both make sense. Female football is likely doable for the server and co-ed cheer is incredibly easy to put into place.

qbigail

Level 77
Coming back to this thread. . . again. I feel as if a female football team would be beneficial, not only for the reasoning of equality or fairness. For example, there are other sports that have two separate teams for gender. For example, Basketball and Volleyball. However, other sports are male and female combined, such as Baseball and Track. What's the difference here? I don't see why people are so concerned about the mixing of gender when it is seen in many other teams inside the server.

The comment about people freaking out if a male hit a woman if completely incorrect and insensitive in my opinion. Exactly like @Tarxan said, there is a difference between self-defence and woman-beating. Female characters are more than equipped with the skillset to JockRP, however this shouldn't be presented as an issue. For some reason, people seem to think that JockRP consists of fighting with the rival team, showing the school spirit through. . . physical violence. This shouldn't be the case, it should be simple good sportsmanship the majority of the time. There are various ways you can JockRP without it resulting in a mass-brawl between Bobcats and Spartans.

Users who are viewing this thread