mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | 'Model' Students

By: Sumi Ishida
(All photos and art by FuzzyChinchilla (Sumi Ishida))

Ever seen someone in class and thought “Dang, they could be a model..”? Well they just might be! Whether you’re supporting yourself through school, or just want some extra cash, many students take on part time jobs on top of their studies. Perhaps you even have one of your own.

While there are many options for work, what draws students to modeling? Is it the creative atmosphere, stylish clothes, or a chance to meet their favourite designers?

What does it require to pursue modeling? How might it affect your studies? Could you become a model? Let’s take a look into what it takes to be Karakura’s most fashionable.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annika Dupont

Grade: College Bachelors

Modeling Company: Euphoria

Favourite Colour:
Blue & Purple

How long have you been working as a model for?

“Probably since the company has started, as one of my close friends used to own it and now my family runs the company with the help of our employees! Definitely must be about 3-4 years give or take”

Have you always had an interest in modeling? What inspired you to join the industry?

“I feel like modeling has always been something that has been a part of my life? My mother started my twin brother and I off in it at a young age, as she had very high expectations for us growing up, and still does to this day, but partly modeling has always been something I’ve enjoyed and looked up to because I love showing off everyone’s amazing talents and the skills they have to make amazing outfits. . plus I tailor a little myself as well.”

What sort of job requirements or duties do you have as a model?

“Well I think one of the biggest requirements is not stealing the outfits for yourself but thankfully we’ve never had a situation like that before. There isn’t a lot Euphoria looks for other than motivation, activity and photos from previous modeling gigs to give us a rough idea of your work and the styles you model. Even though Euphoria doesn’t have many requirements you need, we still go through and find those who best suit the upcoming magazine! Anyone can be a model with the right requirements and motivation to be a part of the team. The Euphoria magazine staff normally tries their best to accommodate everyone’s hours, free time, and etc.”

What do you enjoy most about your job and the companies you work for?

“We try our best to give the best customer experience, quick responses and solutions for situations! We want it to be a place where everyone feels welcomed.”

As for school, what are you currently majoring in, or are planning to major in?

“I am hoping to major either in medicine or criminology! Really depends, as of right now I am just going with the flow of things.”

Do you find your work in modeling has an influence on your schoolwork? Do you think it’ll have an impact on what field you choose to work in in the future?

“I wouldn’t say it has a large influence on my schoolwork. I have always been used to having a pretty heavy plate all year round as a captain, having a job, looking after my siblings, tailoring and modeling. It might not help me get a job in the future but it is something that is good to have under my belt just in case I don’t get up going into either of those majors once I finish school. It might impact what I choose to work in in the future, but only time can tell! I am quite happy either way it takes me.”

What do you think you’ve learned most from your time as a model?

“Probably that everything takes time and you need to trust the process, but along with that, it’s a good way to find your style and things you enjoy.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ryusei Tachitsu

Grade: College Bachelors

Modeling Company: Euphoria, Cartier,
Takagi Corporation (substitute)

Favourite Colour:
Pastels and Black

How long have you been working as a model for?

“I’d say… about a month now”

Have you always had an interest in modeling? What inspired you to join the industry?

“Nope! Never got an interest in modeling until recently, it never really came to mind! But-eh, I got bored one day and needed some money, and things to do. So I kinda went with it, especially when my uncle kept tellin’ us to join and get out there! Y’know? He’s a real motivator that one.”

What sort of job requirements or duties do you have as a model?

“For job requirements, they weren’t really that strict, I’d say - well, when I’ve applied they didn’t have any list of restrictions other than a criminal record, I presume. Since ya’know, we’re the faces of their magazines, having a record is prolly a no go. For duties.. well, I’ve been in Euphoria’s magazine before, and all we did was stand-around and look pretty. Follow the photographer’s instructions. Same goes for the substitute modeling I’ve done in Takagi. Half-the time, it was just us running ‘round finding the right spot that compliments the outfits, I ain’t really one to complain about that, sometimes you just gotta find the right complimentary colors, y’know?”

What do you enjoy most about your job and the companies you work for?

“The behind the scenes is really interesting! You get to take an early peek on what’s going on the magazine auction which gives ya’ an advantage on what to save up for. But of course, we can’t really steal em’ or make em’ our own. One of the company’s biggest rules. Most of the people in all of the companies I’ve worked so far are friendly, got a good work-environment! Everyone’s comfortable with it.”

As for school, what are you currently majoring in, or are planning to major in?

“Well I was majorin’ in Computer Engineering but sometimes I get a double-take and might go for biology or medicine. Dunno, yet! Might stick to it, might switch things ‘round.”

Do you find your work in modeling has an influence on your schoolwork? Do you think it’ll have an impact on what field you choose to work in in the future?

“Nah, can’t say that modeling got an impact on my studies - one of the best perks is that you don’t get to model that often than ya’ expected since magazines are mostly set by seasons. So it doesn’t get that busy. For work.. Yeah! Prolly somethin’ minor though. Depends on how relevant your modeling portfolio is unless your job is in fashion or some sorts. But, for me specifically, nah, it’ll prolly make a good reaction out of people checkin’ my resume though.”

What do you think you’ve learned most from your time as a model?

“I suppose for starters, more ‘bout the industry, how they work behind the scenes, stuff ya’ expect and surprisingly didn’t expect! Things I’ve learned from modeling’, well bein’ a professional at standin’ and lookin’ pretty… Nah, I’ve mostly learned about how environment affects the outfits and the lighting ya’ know? And how much that can matter. And really, really, really good photo angles. Like ya’ see those bushes over there? We took photos by the roses by a wacky 11/7 yet, those photos got really good results! It’s all about creativity and trusting the process, like art. Gotta be patient with it and trust yer’ gut feelin’.”

Whether you’re an aspiring photographer looking for models for hire, or planning to become a model yourself, there is a place for you within Karakura’s fashion industry! So dig out your old camera and start practicing poses. Stay stylin’ Karakura.

Users who are viewing this thread