mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Serenityi's Event Team Application

serenityi

Level 4
serenityi
serenityi
Rich
Untitled (1400 x 300 px) (3).gifFull disclosure: the entire contents of this application was thought of and made within two days, it was a late decision, and is a little more rough than I would prefer.

┆彡

What is your Minecraft Username:
Serenityi

Describe your activity as a player of the server:
I've played SRP on and off the last four years, within incremates of consistent activity spanning over six plus months at a time. My last consistent period of activity before now was Spring-Summer 2022, and I left all my roles in September of that year because I wanted to branch away from SRP and do something a little different after being active on the server all year. I don't have a specific time table of my daily activity, but I'm always on for scheduled events and try to average a couple of hours everyday. My activity currently consists of me being on purely for fun, rather than strictly for the playtime expectations that I hold within my roles, which makes it more enjoyable of course.

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:
Event (x1)
2022​
Council
2022​
Lawyer
2022​
Event (x2)
2020​

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone:
kittyfight, and yes I have a microphone.

What is your time zone?:
EST

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?
Yes, I am aware that inactivity will get me demoted. My previous times on the team I resigned well before my inact

What is your motivation for joining the Event Team:
I want to be able to have more of an opportunity to curate events that are interactive and unique to players, that go past the generic (but still fun!) events like the annual ones we host. The memories, good or bad, contribute to pushing players to stay or leave, and events are a big part in making the server itself memorable. As a more long-term player on SRP I have both witnessed and experienced the continuous rise and fall of factions, staff, and teams alike. But as players come and go, the one thing that stays timeless throughout the server is events and their impact on the growing player base. Despite it being almost two years since I was last on the event team, looking back, personally my memorable experiences as a player and event team member, outside of the people I met, were the events that occurred. Which I'm sure lots of players, especially ones on or involved with the event team, can agree on.

Specifically, my interest within the event team specializes in flash-events, event characters, and server-wide events which I will elaborate on more in my application. These types of events expand past ordinary ones which your typical faction members get to suggest, into territory easier for event-team and staff to explore with the more leadership opportunities they're allowed for events. I prefer these events because they're more interactive for players and directly allow for more unique roleplay opportunities, and can even help new players get more involved into roleplaying with the initiative, as it is a roleplay server, duh. These events wouldn’t be focused on players only in teams, although of course included just not explicitly for. A previous existing problem with event-characters and some flash events is that they have a smaller focal point on players as its more involved in specific groups or one on one rather than server-wide roleplay. This doesn’t have to be a problem if these types of events are more normalized and introduced alongside big events, adding even more chances for roleplay rather than the previous idea of ‘taking chances away’. I’d even say it's more impactful for the players involved, and more rewarding for active members.

What makes you a suitable event team member:

Experience
Maturity​
Communication
My experience, for one, I believe makes me a suitable event team member. I have a good amount of understanding on the workings of all types of events, and their limitations from being on the event team previously. I also have a series of successful events I've planned and proposed, some large scale, like the purge event, which I reproposed in 2021, and some minor ones like weather flash events and some fun event characters. Along with my experience on the event team, I’ve also gathered a decent amount of experience surrounding school-related events from being on council, which I never really delved into too much on my previous times on event team, which of course I would like to do given the chance. I have a decent overall understanding of the factions, even ones I've never been directly involved in. Although I've been on my fair share of teams, I'm currently on the Bobcat cheer team too, which gives me an extended interest and excitement in upcoming events.
If not obvious, i’d say maturity is a standard and expected attribute that most community team and staff members should hold. I’ve been involved in the SRP community for more than four years at this point, and I've managed to stay out of some silly, and not-so-silly drama in the community and have completely avoided toxicity. I've never been warned or banned for anything related to it, and I would sure hope anyone would plan to keep it that way, just as I am. I'm aware when and when not to involve myself in certain situations and how to deal with it accordingly. I'm mindful of how I act and portray myself, while still of course having fun without being dismissive of rules or the boundaries of other people I'm around. Basically, I believe I possess the required level of maturity that makes me a suitable member the the event team.
I'm good at working in a team, I’m always open to constructive criticism, and love hearing other people's ideas especially when they differ from my own as they provide different perspectives I wouldn't have considered otherwise. I have good general communication skills, along with communication in a team setting because of the fact I've been apart of various teams on SRP, both out of character and in character and have learned better on how how to communicate properly and get my ideas across, while being mindful of others and their roles. When isn’t that a plus? I’m confident when I have to take initiative, and independent enough to lead events that I'd like to propose. I also just have a lot of ideas, which I haven’t expanded on, but can offer to other members to hear their input whilse on or helping the event team.

┆彡

Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:
I have very little knowledge of what events occurred in 2023, as I was not active at all during that period. Apologies if any events listed seem repetitive.

Copy of Untitled (1400 x 300 px) (1).png

A different take on annual summer luaus; inspiration derived from Stardew valley.

Event Overview:
The Karakura Summer Potluck has arrived, bringing together its diverse residents for a long summer's day of food, fun, and friendly competition. Held on the beach of Kaigan, this beloved event revolves around a communal potluck. Citizens are allowed to bring their own edible ingredients to throw into the huge pot, curating the tasteful potluck. However, as the festivities unfold, unexpected challenges arise, testing the resolve of event participants, will they work together to save the day, or let it all fall into chaos.. Who knows!

Brief Outline:
The Potluck. A communal stew, built simmering over an open fire, which is open to the contributions from those attending, who are allowed to roleplay adding their own ingredients to enhance its flavor, there will be someone overviewing the pot to make sure there's no cheeky items thrown into the mix during the event. A few randomly selected people will be asked to sample the stew if they wish before its ready. What could go wrong!

Booths adorned with an array of purchasable food options stretch along the sandy shore, each dish representative of the shop / sponsor selling them, ex. LCN with their classic custom food items. A beachy-themed bar planted in the middle of the event's activities, allowing for some interesting interactions between people in attendance. Alcohol provided by either shops, or volunteers will of course be up for purchase during the event.

On Top of the food related activities, of course there are small little side events. Such as Beach volleyball where players can compete in their own teams of three to win small prizes and free food. Limbo where players action going under a limbo stick, rolling 20, having to roll above a certain number that progressively gets lower as it gets harder, until there is a winner. Plus, the scavenger hunt wrapping up the event.

Event twist:
Amidst the events festivities, a catastrophe strikes as it is announced that someone, or something has tainted the communal stew. They have to remake the entire thing, as it is the focal point of the entire event. But the remaining ingredients are now scattered across the map, which makes it so players must find them for the event to continue.

Example /event
[Emergency Recipe Rescue:] It has come to our attention that someone has sabotaged the communal potluck, tainting the stew and scattering ingredients across the beach. Please join the rescue to find what remains. Time's short, so gather your friends and find what you can. Lets restore our feast and annoy the pesky saboteur.

Essentially players must search around the beach, to find the missing ingredients, detectable by player heads or something on the ground. Event team members, (assuming they still have access to similar commands) and/or staff members can wait at the item in vanish, waiting to announce whomever collected it. Fully supervised of course. A few of them will not be so easy to collect, ex. On Top of the waterpark wall, a /ita stating that they must help lift each other up to collect it. After the ingredients are returned, the stew can continue cooking so that everyone may try a bowl towards the end of the event (special renamed stew, specifically for the event) and woo everyone lives happily ever after

Preparation;
Builders to help build the various booths, bar, decor, and of course the big pot.
Staff to help with event announcements both in game and in the discord.
Event and staff members to help oversee the scavenger hunt
Get various shops and restaurants involved for the food booths

┆彡

Copy of Copy of Untitled (1400 x 300 px) (3).png

Event description:
As exam season nears, it nearly the time where some bobcats to bid farewell to last four years of their high school experiences and transcend into the Spartan spirit that awaits them, and what better way to mark this transition than with a fun Senior Prank Day to remember? Grade-12 bobcats get to band together to plan and unleash their ultimate prank day agenda in the school, and school dormitories. Also used as a silly chance for the rest of the bobcats to get back at all the Spartans for their recent hijinks and terrorization.

Brief description:
The event is announced a little before the scheduled day, can either be fully planned out by the event team and SLT, or a channel can created in the Karakura Academic discord. It would be open to Bobcats to brainstorm ideas on what they would like to do for the event, similar to what is done for the sports rivalry. Before the event, staff can go around executing the plans in gmc. Irreversible vandalism is of course not allowed, just temporary changes. Whether it would be transforming the hallways inside the school into Karakura highs own giant art installation with streamers and other random silly decor, stealing couches from dorms, planting mysterious statues on the football fields, or decking out the courtyard in a tapestry of toilet paper, the possibilities are endless! And let's not forget the final piece - possibly seeing the principal's office transformed into a posh tea-party fit for royalty, a nod to their esteemed English principle.

But the fun doesn't stop there! Our faculty members are eager to get in on the action, wielding their own arsenal of pranks and surprises. Teachers are allowed and encouraged to pull their own pranks on students during class time, free to use the class period to do anything they wish with their class. From impromptu karaoke sessions that may or may not leave eardrums ringing to spontaneous classroom games that blur the lines between education and entertainment, the battle between seniors and teacher faculty makes the day even more fun.

Preparation;
Staff and or build-team to build and help decorate
Announcements and planning done in KA or by SLT/Event

┆彡

Copy of Copy of Untitled (1400 x 300 px).png

Didn't go into super crazy detail planning on this one as it is ALOT for just an application proposal, was fun to make though. This idea is more far-fetched than all the other ones, I know that it is possible to a degree as we’ve seen big events like this occur on the event server. I just think its different and overall super fun!

Event Overview:
A cruise event, turned wrong on the event server. Players participating embark on a boat for what they thought was a nice vacation, to a terrible crash caused by rough seas which landed them on a remote island. This is an AU (alternate universe) on the event server, with characters from Karakura and elsewhere stranded on the island in the AU. Therefore, all events DO NOT translate to the generic schoolrp server, just like previous event server events. What happens on the event server, stays on the event server. Once on the island, they can explore to find some structures, and basic items for survival from whomever has encountered the island before. They must gather resources, build shelter, and hunt for food while facing threats such as wild animals, natural disasters, and a hostile group of modern day sea-bandits who laid claim to the island. They must work together to overcome challenges and find a way to escape the island.

Brief outline:
Players start the event on board the cruise ship, doesn't have to be a super crazy build as its not the main focus of the event. They can get settled in roleplaying amongst each other before things take a turn. Then, a storm hits, invoking chaos and panic among the passengers. The ship ultimately flips near the shores of the deserted island, leaving the survivors stranded.

Series of /event examples (timeline is a little rushed, again this is just a rough proposal)
What was meant to be a relaxing cruise has quickly began to turn into a nightmare as rough seas begin to terrorize the boat, causing it to rock viciously from side to side. Better hold on tight because these waves hold no mercy for those seeking passage through them.
[INTERCOM] This be yer' captain speakin' from the helm. We've hit a spot o' rough waters, but fear not! We've navigated trickier tides than these. Keep yer wits about ye and hold steady. A wee splash o' water's just a drop in the ocean, after all! Harharh!
The condition of the sea didn't seem to get any better as time passed, in fact, it just continued to get worse, the cloudiness cause by the downpour thickened too. The boat began dipping harshly into the raging sea before rising again with each monstrous wave, continuing the terrifying cycle until it simply did not bob back to the surface. It began to sink.
[INTERCOM] Mayday, mayday! This be yer captain speakin' again. We're in a pickle, I tell ye. The salty sea's breached our decks, and we've nary a lifeboat in sight! All ye brave souls muster on deck, and hold fast to hope. Come hell or high water, we'll fight ye' storm with our lives!
The water was too much, it came in too fast to prevent and the current ripped passengers under the surface, causing struggle till everything eventually just faded. Everybody drifted eventually into a state of unconsciousness. The survivors waking hours later one by one on the unfamiliar sandy shore.

Players must quickly adapt to their new environment and work together to survive. They must gather resources such as food, water, and shelter while exploring the island's terrain. The island is teeming with wildlife, including dangerous predators that pose a threat to the players. As players explore the island, they discover abandoned structures such as a deserted makeshift-village, a dock, and hidden cave system. These locations may contain valuable resources, clues about the island's history, or even survivors from previous shipwrecks. Players can choose to explore, collect resources, or just chat about their inevitable death!
In the middle of the event, another /event goes out about how people need to try and help collect wood for the bonfire near the abandoned structures. Once built it both doubles as a chance of escape, due to the smoke and flames, and survival because of its warmth. It ideally would be the main roleplay hotspot. Throughout the event, players encounter various challenges and obstacles, including hostile wildlife, treacherous terrain, and inclement weather. Both aggressive animal mobs, and roleplay animals for added fun.

As the event progresses, players may discover distress signals, abandoned radio towers, or other means of communication with the outside world. They must coordinate their efforts to send out a distress call and await rescue. The event combines elements of roleplay and player versus player (PvP) interactions. While players must cooperate to survive, they may also face conflicts and rivalries with other survivors vying for limited resources or control over key locations on the island. Eventually their efforts to get attention work, and planes come and kill them all. event concluded! its just an AU anyways.

Preparation;
Building the map of the island, the boat, structures etc.
Hiding loot on the island
Staff needed to moderate the event
Event team members needed as volunteer to oversee & interact with players to make it more fun
+ alot more

┆彡

Copy of Copy of Copy of Untitled (1400 x 300 px).png

Event Description:
The city of Karakura finds itself swept up in a whirlwind of excitement as rumors swirl about a mysterious performer who dazzles audiences with her musical talents. She calls herself Yuki, a short and simple stage name. This modern-day Hannah Montana reels in crowds with soulful performances that leave listeners wanting more. However, the mystery deepens as Yuki appears and disappears for her performances without a trace, leaving fans and curious listeners alike searching for answers.

Character Background:
Yuki is the alter ego of a seemingly ordinary high school student who leads a double life as both a local Onrain sensation and a performer. By day, they blend seamlessly into the rest of the school, navigating the halls of Karakura High School unnoticed. But when the spotlight calls, they transform into Yuki, capturing the attention of her audiences with her mesmerizing music and iconic presence.

As Yuki's popularity skyrockets and rumors begin about their true identity, an unexpected twist sends shock through the community. After a disastrous concert event leads to chaos and an outright riot, the truth behind Yuki's persona is finally brought to the spotlight, revealing a surprising revelation that nobody would've even thought twice about.

Brief outline:
Players begin to encounter Yuki's presence on Onrain, where their mesmerizing performances and cryptic posts spark curiosity among the community, everyone thought the same thing, who the hell is this? Especially on Onrain, everyone tries to amass popularity, and yet some random girl took the social media platform by storm in such a short time. Yuki pops up unexpectedly at various locations around Karakura, treating players to spontaneous performances that captivate listeners and inspire fellow creative individuals. As players immerse themselves in the music and mystery, they become drawn into the enigma surrounding Yuki's persona.

The climax of the event unfolds during a highly anticipated concert event, (would've worked perfectly at the music festival) where Yuki's true identity is shockingly revealed to be a random high school student. The revelation sparks disappointment and controversy, leading to a riotous scene where everyone boo's the performer for their deceitful nature , the once-mysterious performer disappears from the city forever, leaving behind a controversial, but memorable legacy. Its a temporary character used specifically for events, and isn't used for any other purpose outside of it

Preparation;
/Events to be made for the flash events involving the character
Special skin made
Tippie's help regarding the onrain posts
Help of other event-team members to cause the ending riot

┆彡

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):
I am capable of planning calm, and stereotypical events but I chose to include more diverse and interesting events with little twists as a display of my creative uniqueness to try to demonstrate what I can offer to the event team. Thank you for reading.​

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for your application, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application. Whilst your application was good, it didn't stand out and we preferred to give other players the chance for the event team! Feel free to reapply next time.

Users who are viewing this thread